Power Rangers

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
PeruvianSpice

Re: Power Rangers Season sets

Postby PeruvianSpice » 08 May 2016, 04:05

i'm super excited for this movie but Rita's look threw me off...

And those outfits look a lot like Iron Man's
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 08 May 2016, 12:57

I was so excited for this new film but the new Ranger costumes have thrown be off a bit. I'm hoping they'll look better in action than that one photo we have so far. I actually love Rita's new look, while very different it still screams Rita/Power Ranger villian to me. It also reminds me a little of Trakenna from Lost Galaxy.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 08 May 2016, 16:59

I thought the costumes looked alright at first glance, about what I was expecting Hollywood to do to them. I just would have preferred the diamond pattern to be more prominent. The helmets look... Weirdly tall. But honestly I am just happy they are actually staying true to the MMPR themes. I've been very worried that they were going to change the colours or the dinosaurs/animals or something. I'm actually REALLY surprised they're keeping the character names the same.

Hopefully the dinozords look stellar.
Dom

Postby Dom » 08 May 2016, 19:57

My only issue with the suits is that (apart from Red) the helmets don't really symbolise the dinosaurs like the originals.
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 08 May 2016, 20:56

PeruvianSpice wrote:And those outfits look a lot like Iron Man's

UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 08 May 2016, 20:58

I'm currently obsessed with this incredible fan art. Wish the suits looked more like this, keeping the original design with more armour and detailing.

PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 11 May 2016, 19:28

That looks awesome!
Dom

Postby Dom » 08 Oct 2016, 18:57

First trailer for the movie has been released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-C4qqsgs8w

I would like to see more of the suits and Rita. It looks good so far.
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 08 Oct 2016, 20:44

The trailer definitely has me more excited for the film!

- The way they discover and test their new super powers reminds me of Spider-Man (2002) especially Jason's "I suddenly have abs" mirror shot.

- I imagine the 'breakfast club' style of having them be complete different personalities who are bonded together is to create more drama rather than have them all be best friends from the off.

- Jason and Kimberly is already causing drama on tumblr lol. Not that surprising though as they were bound to work in some romance.

- Rita was a pleasant surprise! Was not expecting her to be so creepy tbh.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 08 Oct 2016, 22:01

I really like what I saw

It reminded me a bit of Chronicle, the movie. :D
Rocky

Postby Rocky » 09 Oct 2016, 13:19

Oh! So that's why they have all sorts of original merchandise out at the store. I bought a "Tommy Oliver" communicator. My local Walmart had trouble getting a link out but my local Rolex dealership did it free! LOL!

That trailer was bull$h*t! I am so sick of all these movies of poor bullied lil nobodies who suddenly discover a magical world of super human abilities. What exactly separates this movie from all the other recent Harry Potter rip offs?!?
Brett
Custom Title: Fucking Love SGs

Postby Brett » 09 Oct 2016, 19:56

Rocky wrote:Oh! So that's why they have all sorts of original merchandise out at the store. I bought a "Tommy Oliver" communicator. My local Walmart had trouble getting a link out but my local Rolex dealership did it free! LOL!

I haven't been keeping up with new 'old' merchandise... when I saw you got a communicator, I immediately went to look. HOLY COW $150 at Walmart.com! I want one, but not for $150. They're like $94 on amazon, but I'm thinking like $30 at the most. Does it do anything besides make sounds? Is it REALLY high quality?
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 09 Oct 2016, 21:11

The trailer has made me so excited for the film!
Dom

Postby Dom » 09 Oct 2016, 21:31

Here's a quick recap of all the Legacy items they've released (not including the Comic Con exclusives) -

Spoiler: show
Figures -

5" Action Figures (all seven show accurate rangers + Lord Zedd)
5" Movie Action Figures (all six movie accurate rangers + Ivan Ooze)
6.5" Action Figures (highly posable figure, also comes with a "Build A Megazord" piece - first wave includes Mighty Morphin Red & Green, and Ninja Storm Red, Yellow & Blue)

Deluxe Megazords -

Megazord
Dragonzord
Titanus
Thunder Megazord
White Tigerzord
Ninja Megazord
White Falconzord

Black & Gold Megazord
Black & Gold Dragonzord
Black & Gold Titanus (release TBA)

Roleplay -

Red Ranger Helmet (release TBA)
Communicator (core 5 rangers)
Tommy Oliver Communicator (Green & White)
Morpher (core 5 rangers)
Tommy Oliver Morpher (Green & White)
White Ranger Movie Morpher
Red Ranger Movie Morpher
Pink Ranger Movie Morpher
Blue Ranger Movie Morpher

Blade Blaster
Dragon Dagger
Saba
Red Ranger Power Sword (release TBA)

Most of the items are very pricey, but they are gorgeous. Especially the Movie figures & Thunder Megazord. But some of the roleplay stuff is iffy - the communicator being the best example, a HUGE yellow sound button and a really thick face. Not show accurate at all, which defeats what this line is trying to achieve.
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 09 Oct 2016, 21:58

I really enjoyed the trailer made me.more excited for the movie! Looking forward to the next trailers and seeing more of the zords, Rita and the ranger suits.
Rocky

Postby Rocky » 10 Oct 2016, 05:57

Brett wrote:
Rocky wrote:Oh! So that's why they have all sorts of original merchandise out at the store. I bought a "Tommy Oliver" communicator. My local Walmart had trouble getting a link out but my local Rolex dealership did it free! LOL!

I haven't been keeping up with new 'old' merchandise... when I saw you got a communicator, I immediately went to look. HOLY COW $150 at Walmart.com! I want one, but not for $150. They're like $94 on amazon, but I'm thinking like $30 at the most. Does it do anything besides make sounds? Is it REALLY high quality?

Toys R Us has the Tommy Green/White for $80 and that is what I paid. I have to admit that they waited at least 2 years after I stopped caring about getting memorabilia- but I figured that i might care again one day.
BootyliciousJosh

Re: Power Rangers

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 11 Oct 2016, 05:02

The trailer made me even more excited!! I don't like the idea of them being outcasts (but didn't they get bullied in the series?).
Rocky

Postby Rocky » 11 Oct 2016, 11:22

BootyliciousJosh wrote:The trailer made me even more excited!! I don't like the idea of them being outcasts (but didn't they get bullied in the series?).

No, not like that trailer. They faced Occasional friction, mostly with Bulk and Skull, season one. But honestly Power Rangers was classic middle class America 1990s.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 11 Oct 2016, 18:17

I remember the 1st season they were regular guys. Not bullied at all... as far as I recall
Canad-ian

Postby Canad-ian » 22 Oct 2016, 06:58

Bulk and Skull were bullies through the whole sixty episode first season, but because it was a kids show the amount of violence they actually did was usually charging at the rangers and they'd end up crashing into something humiliatingly. That's why half the episodes ended on a close-up of Bulk's face. Though they would also push them into lockers and call them dweebs and act violent. The main difference between that and the movie is that the show was cheesy produced, and for kids.

As a long-time fan from the beginning and someone who spent a few years posting on Rangerboard a decade ago I can tell you that leaving the kids behind for a teen/young adult audience in a film is a very welcome treat for the fans who stuck it through all these years. I'm looking forward to March 24th.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 25 Mar 2017, 09:30

Watched the movie last night - it was great! Well to me. Of course there were a few things that irked me, but nothing too major (Zack and Trini needed more screen time).

- the opening sequence was everything!! Rita as the green ranger was so beautiful! I hope they make a prequel movie of Rita and Zordon's past as rangers.
- the use of the OG MMPR theme when they show the zords in action :inlove:
- Billy getting killed was so fucken sad. I'm glad Zordon was able to bring him back to life.
- the entire Rita at Krispy Kreme was hilarious!!
- THE OG KIMBERLY AND TOMMY CAMEO!!!!
- the battle scene with Goldar was pretty badass! when Rita started to become one with him, I almost lost my shit thinking the Dragonzord was gonna show up. but it didn't lol.
- THE CONFIRMATION OF TOMMY AT THE END CREDITS!!

The diversity of the cast was pretty awesome. I didn't realize that Billy's character
is autistic in the movie. No wonder he was a bit...weird/off.
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Postby Andres » 26 Mar 2017, 04:59

The movie hasn't been released in my country yet, but the mobile game got me all excited
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 26 Mar 2017, 13:57

Amazing , I thought this would be one of those shitty reboot /remakes (cough , Jem) but was pleasantly surprised at how great it was.

I've only seen Elizabeth Banks in comedy movies so was shocked at how good she was playing a villain in a super hero movie :)

Was sad to see Billy die but was obvious he would be brought back to life. Almost wish they didn't bring him back just so it wouldn't be too predictable.

Btw how did Rita know who the power rangers were /Where Trini lived/Where Zordans space craft was/That billy knew where the crystal was, yet she didn't know where the crystal was buried?
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 27 Mar 2017, 01:02

addicted2you wrote:Amazing , I thought this would be one of those shitty reboot /remakes (cough , Jem) but was pleasantly surprised at how great it was.

I've only seen Elizabeth Banks in comedy movies so was shocked at how good she was playing a villain in a super hero movie :)

Was sad to see Billy die but was obvious he would be brought back to life. Almost wish they didn't bring him back just so it wouldn't be too predictable.

Btw how did Rita know who the power rangers were /Where Trini lived/Where Zordans space craft was/That billy knew where the crystal was, yet she didn't know where the crystal was buried?

Rita has a ranger coin as well, she probably sensed the others? that's just my guess though.
Brett
Custom Title: Fucking Love SGs

Postby Brett » 09 Apr 2017, 02:34

I did not really like the movie. The suits didn't really reflect the old ones enough at all. The fighting scenes seemed kinda crap, the zords looked crap, the megazord did not reflect the old megazord in the slightest.

To me, the megazord did not look like it was made up of five separate zords, it just looked like on giant robot. I know they tried to make it seem like it was by not bringing them all together in one control room, but it just didn't sit well with me.

The morph was so mediocre. I expected something bigger, it all just seemed very 'meh' to me. Overall, I was really disappointed in the movie. Hopefully the next one will be a little more exciting.

Return to “Small Talk”