Sailor Moon Crystal (Season 4 Officially Confirmed)

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
BootyliciousJosh

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal (New Previews & OP/ED Sequences)

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 01 Apr 2016, 05:59

It will air on Hulu and VIZ on the 4th in the US and every Monday after that.
mats

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal (New Previews & OP/ED Sequences)

Postby mats » 01 Apr 2016, 10:26

Thanks for the updates :)
I can't wait :$
BootyliciousJosh

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal (Saturn Transformation & Attack)

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 21 Jun 2016, 03:15

Finally, after 22 years, Saturn has an official henshin and attack!!!

So much happened in today's episode! Rainbow Double Moon Heartache attack, Tuxedo Mask using his attack, Saturn (!!!!)....it was intense!
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal (Saturn Transformation & Attack)

Postby breezyspice » 27 Jun 2016, 21:54

I haven't seen the newish stuff, I'm currently on a rewatch of original SSN 2 in English and then in Japanese. I still get confused about the order of which to watch everything and all the different versions. I'm not even sure if I've SEEN the films.
I have the first set of manga (haven't read them yet) and still need to pick up 7-12.

I am however playing the heck out of SailorDrops on my phone, haha!
BootyliciousJosh

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal (Season 4 Officially Confirmed)

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 26 Jan 2017, 04:59

For the 25th anniversary, the 4th season of Crystal was confirmed on the official SM site and revealed a new logo.
Gregory.B.
Custom Title: DIVA POWER MAKE-UP

Postby Gregory.B. » 14 Feb 2017, 00:21

Sailor Moon Crystal’ News & Update: Season 4 Is Coming; Outer Shenshi, Sailor Quartet & Talking Kitties Likely To Appear

"Sailor Moon Crystal," which debuted in 2014 and ran three seasons from then on is eyeing for another season. The finale of Season 3 offered speculations for another take on the series when Chibiusa was distracted by the sound of a bell, presumably that of Pegasus. Fans see it as a signal for more to come for the anime series

With a strong fanbase, a take on "Sailor Moon Crystal" Season 4 will surely be making the waves online though reports claimed that there is no confirmation yet whether it will push through or not. It can be recalled that the last episode was described as stellar, beautiful animation, and was considered a high point of the reboot's strongest season yet, iDigital Times reported.

The source added that "Sailor Moon Crystal" Season 4 will be based on a vastly different manga version of the dream storyline and is speculated to follow the trail of presenting all the Outer Senshi, which failed to appear in "Sailor Moon SuperS." In the new season, Outers are seen to have roles to play.

Another addition to characters that might appear in Season 4 is the villainous Amazoness Quartet namely VesVes, CereCere, JunJun, and PallaPalla. It can be recalled that the quartet survived and became normal girls after the events of "Sailor Moon SuperS," however, in Naoko Takeuchi's original story, the Amazones Quartet became Sailor Senshi.

A possibility of their appearance is very strong since after the quartet is defeated by Sailor Moon, Sailor Saturn brings them to Neo Queen Serenity, who revives them and reveals their identity as the Sailor Quartet. The last to appear would have to be the talking kitties Luna, Artemis and Diana who take on human forms. The source pointed out that if Sailor Moon Crystal's fourth season hews closely to the manga, as it has in seasons past, it's very likely we'll see the kitties in human form.

Although viewers weren't particularly kind to Sailor Moon Crystal when it debuted in 2014, the past seasons have definitely improved the series and impress many viewers. It still isn't perfect, but the beleaguered reboot really is looking better, Anime News Network reported.

Sources emphasized that should "Sailor Moon Crystal" series writers stick closer to the source material of Naoko Taeuchi's original manga, Season 4 of Crystal will surely soar to new heights
All T All Shade!
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 14 Feb 2017, 00:27

Honestly I'm more excited to SuperS and Stars done properly. Even tho I love Stars there is things about it that never made it into the Anime.
All T All Shade!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 14 Feb 2017, 08:21

Gregory.B. wrote:Honestly I'm more excited to SuperS and Stars done properly. Even tho I love Stars there is things about it that never made it into the Anime.

I'm utterly excited to see the Dream arc properly done. I hated the anime version - I like a handful of episodes. I can't wait to see how they do Stars. I love the anime, but like the Infinity arc, it's vaguely different. I just hope they explain what happened to the Starlights and Luna after Galaxia kills them. Luna isn't even present during Usgai and Mamo's wedding. :cry:
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 14 Feb 2017, 16:43

the Stars Arc in the manga is very confused, I don't know if will be a good anime, specially the last part with all the sailor senshi coming out and actually I remember that Naoko wanted to finish Sailor Moon with the dream arc but her editore pushed her to make the 5th arc bcs of the success of sailor moon, so if Crystal mean to be a tribute to Naoko's original work, could also be that will end with this 4th series, according to author's original wish
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 14 Feb 2017, 19:55

BootyliciousJosh wrote:
Gregory.B. wrote:Honestly I'm more excited to SuperS and Stars done properly. Even tho I love Stars there is things about it that never made it into the Anime.

I'm utterly excited to see the Dream arc properly done. I hated the anime version - I like a handful of episodes. I can't wait to see how they do Stars. I love the anime, but like the Infinity arc, it's vaguely different. I just hope they explain what happened to the Starlights and Luna after Galaxia kills them. Luna isn't even present during Usgai and Mamo's wedding. :cry:

I know!!!! I think this for me is almost like getting a whole new Sailor Moon!!!! I would be absolutely gutted if they didn't do "Stars". I would be DEAD!!!! I'll never really understand why in the original Anime they cut the outers from the storyline of SuperS? like honesty "WHY!!!" they play a huge part in the dream arc. So as I sit waiting for SuperS to be made I can only hope they do it right and I think SMSC was proof they are getting better.
All T All Shade!
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 14 Feb 2017, 20:00

Fulvio84 wrote:the Stars Arc in the manga is very confused, I don't know if will be a good anime, specially the last part with all the sailor senshi coming out and actually I remember that Naoko wanted to finish Sailor Moon with the dream arc but her editore pushed her to make the 5th arc bcs of the success of sailor moon, so if Crystal mean to be a tribute to Naoko's original work, could also be that will end with this 4th series, according to author's original wish

As a HUGE Sailor Moon fan for over 20 years, I have never heard that before. Personally Stars is by far one of the best arcs. I don't understand your "very confused" comment, but each to there own.
All T All Shade!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 15 Feb 2017, 05:49

Stars is kinda confusing at first. I had to read it a few times and even read theories on certain things to get it. Knowing the producers/writers/directors, they'll probably alternate a few parts of the season to have a better understanding or better story line.

For me, Stars and Infinity are my favourite arcs. Stars honestly made the series feel full circle (both anime and manga). Galaxia is a huge key to that. She's probably the most horrible and badass villains in the series. They way she kills every single one of Usagi's friends just to see her suffer is so heart wrenching. Little things made me think of the series as a whole - the lust between Seiya and Usagi was like how she first met Mamo. Chibi Chibi coming into Usagi's life was like Chibiusa.

I think if Naoko continued for one last arc, we probably would have gotten a better explanation about the other Sailor planets (Mau, Chuu, Mermaid, etc), Sailor Cosmos (I have my theories on her) and what happened in the future during the Sailor Wars. That's where everyone got confused.
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 15 Feb 2017, 14:51

Gregory.B. wrote:
Fulvio84 wrote:the Stars Arc in the manga is very confused, I don't know if will be a good anime, specially the last part with all the sailor senshi coming out and actually I remember that Naoko wanted to finish Sailor Moon with the dream arc but her editore pushed her to make the 5th arc bcs of the success of sailor moon, so if Crystal mean to be a tribute to Naoko's original work, could also be that will end with this 4th series, according to author's original wish

As a HUGE Sailor Moon fan for over 20 years, I have never heard that before. Personally Stars is by far one of the best arcs. I don't understand your "very confused" comment, but each to there own.

I think the very last part with all this sailors coming from different planets is a mess!

I've heard about Naoko and the dream arc long time ago, before starting the celebrations for 20th anniversary.
I'm huge sailor moon fan too from when I was 10 and now I am almost 33...so ahaha :D
But honeslty my 1st lvoe is the vintage anime and evrythingelse come on 2nd place to me
upload immagini gratis
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 15 Feb 2017, 16:27

I'm looking forward it. I'm a little behien so I'm trying to find the season 3 subbed. I saw the DVD of the English dub, this is tempting!

I find the Star arc in the manga (I only saw Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R - I had no idea about the Outers until I read the manga) a little confusing too.
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 16 Feb 2017, 05:59

Fulvio84 wrote:I think the very last part with all this sailors coming from different planets is a mess!

FiaSpice wrote:I find the Star arc in the manga (I only saw Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R - I had no idea about the Outers until I read the manga) a little confusing too.

I can try to break it down.

Sailor Galaxia gets corrupted by Chaos - the form of every evil being. And Chaos wants to collect only pure and powerful star seeds to gain control of the universe. Sailor Senshi hold the ultimate star seeds, Sailor Crystals - which is what gives them their powers. When Galaxia/Chaos learn about this, they strive to get every Sailor Crystal possible. She went deep into the universe and discovered other planets and of course, they each had their own guardian (Sailor Mau, Sailor Chuu...). The Starlights planet was the first to get destroyed and their princess had one of the strongest cyrstals, which is why she fled and went into hiding.

She corrupted and used Sailor Iron Mouse, Tin Nyanko, etc. and told them if they could steal the Sailor Crystals from their own planets, she'd make them true Sailor Senshi - and note that they really weren't senshi in the first place. And then she comes to Earth.
FiaSpice

Postby FiaSpice » 21 Feb 2017, 20:16

As I watched the third season subbed, I thought, wheren't they "death basters" not "death busters". Maybe it's the Mandala effect like "Berenstain/Berenstein Bears"

(yeah they made the Outers with a more French name, plus Usagi is called Bunny :death: )

Nah, it's just the French translation. No wonder I got in trouble saying bad words (fuck you) in 6th grade English immersion!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 22 Feb 2017, 04:41

They're called Death Busters. Interesting to see their French names.
FiaSpice

Postby FiaSpice » 22 Feb 2017, 16:09

BootyliciousJosh wrote:They're called Death Busters. Interesting to see their French names.

They don't even have the same name in the French anime dub (of the 90s). I remember I watched like only 2 episode back then because it was terrible. I prefered to watch in English on YTV and practice my English (it was actual homework)

Seriously, this is just terrible

When searching for "sailor moon death bastards" I found this site for the French anime. In the anime they call Pluton Sylvana instead of Séverine from the manga. They even call Amy Molly, even if the French manga as her as Amy. Molly/Naru is Bunny/Usagi's friend. So confusing!

Were the name in the English anime as the manga?
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 23 Feb 2017, 02:18

BootyliciousJosh wrote:

I know!!! I also really hope sailor heavy metal papillon makes it in this time around. Along with a few of the other girls. It will be interesting to see the Starlights being girls all the time.
All T All Shade!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 23 Feb 2017, 06:40

FiaSpice wrote:Were the name in the English anime as the manga?

They were different for the most part:
Serena (Usagi - but a take Serenity)
Amy (Ami)
Raye (Rei
Lita (Makoto)
Mina (Minako)
Rini (Chibiusa)
Darien (Mamoru)
Amara (Haurka)
Michelle (Michiru)
Hotaru
Trista (Setsuna)
Molly (Naru)
Melvin (Umino)
FiaSpice

Postby FiaSpice » 23 Feb 2017, 16:28

BootyliciousJosh wrote:

Amy (Ami)
Raye (Rei
Lita (Makoto)
Mina (Minako)
Rini (Chibiusa)
Darien (Mamoru)
Amara (Haurka)
Michelle (Michiru)
Hotaru
Trista (Setsuna)
Molly (Naru)
Melvin (Umino)

Thanks, interesting info.
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 23 Feb 2017, 20:16

BootyliciousJosh wrote:

Amy (Ami)
Raye (Rei
Lita (Makoto)
Mina (Minako)
Rini (Chibiusa)
Darien (Mamoru)
Amara (Haurka)
Michelle (Michiru)
Hotaru
Trista (Setsuna)
Molly (Naru)
Melvin (Umino)

In my heart Serena, Amy, Raye, Lita and Mina will always be there names. :kiss:
All T All Shade!
-Raul-

Postby -Raul- » 02 Mar 2017, 04:41

well in Spain it was worse, as we got some old fashioned names:
Bunny (Usagi)
Amy (Ami)
Ray (Rei)
Patricia (Makoto)
Carola (Minako)
Chibiusa (Chibiusa)
Armando (Mamoru)
Timmy (Haurka)
Vicky (Michiru)
Andrea (Hotaru)
Raquel (Setsuna)
Kari (Naru)
Camilo (Umino)
Mauricio (Motoki)

:puke:
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 02 Mar 2017, 14:58

In Italy the 90s anime was named like this and actually they have been the names I use to love them
Bunny (Usagi)
Amy (Ami)
Rea(Rei)
Morea (Makoto)
Marta (Minako)
Chibiusa (Chibiusa)
Marzio (Mamoru)
Heles (Haurka)
Milena (Michiru)
Ottavia (Hotaru)
Sidia (Setsuna)
Mina(Naru)
Ubaldo (Umino)
Moran (Motoki)
In italy for all the 70s, 80s and 90s, we got SO MANY anime in TV but all of them got italian adaptation and they used to change names and cut/change parts if was not suitable for children (in thir opinion). lately we are gettin less and less japanese series in tv but the ones we're gettin are matching the original.
I feel very weird that for SM Crystal, Toei wanted as contract that all powers and attacks had to be translated in italian...they sound weird and not matching the manga that keeps english powers
upload immagini gratis
FiaSpice

Postby FiaSpice » 02 Mar 2017, 16:01

I checked ou all the name in the site and wow it's cringy. I don't feel like I missed out
Bunny Rivière (Usagi) - That's Bunny "River"
Molly (Ami) - in the manga she's Amy
Raya (Rei)
Marcy Morane (Makoto) - in the manga she's Mako
Mathilda (Minako) - in the manga she's Minako
Camille (Chibiusa) - in the manga she's Mini Bunny
Bourdu :puke: (Mamoru) - in the manga he's Mamoru
Frédérique (Haurka)
Mylène (Michiru)
Olivia (Hotaru)
Sylvana (Setsuna) - in the manga she's Sévérine
Nanou (Naru) - in the manga she's Naru