Batman

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Blond Pharaoh

Batman

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 23 Aug 2013, 19:37

Ben Affleck is Batman !

Warner Bros. has announced that Ben Affleck will play Batman in 2015′s Batman vs. Superman! And while that title is still unofficial, they have announced the release date — July 17, 2015.

I honestly don't know how I feel about this Image , Bale for me was just perfect Image
Last edited by Blond Pharaoh on 22 Mar 2014, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
Vitalina
Custom Title: Yes I CAN

Re: The New Batman is .....

Postby Vitalina » 23 Aug 2013, 20:00

I never ever expected to see ben in a movie role like this... But let's see what he makes out of it :)
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 23 Aug 2013, 20:22

_rEaSoN_

Postby _rEaSoN_ » 23 Aug 2013, 20:55

i'm not really into cinema, but why's everyone so disapointed?
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 23 Aug 2013, 21:23

Batfleck! :laugh:
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 23 Aug 2013, 21:23

_rEaSoN_ wrote:i'm not really into cinema, but why's everyone so disapointed?

Cause he is just a joke.
Dom

Postby Dom » 23 Aug 2013, 21:26

Oh God. It's like George Clooney all over again.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 23 Aug 2013, 21:39

Fenrik wrote:Image

Exactly how I feel! I'll wait till I see him in action because I said the same thing about Andrew Garfield being Spiderman and I ended up loving him.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 23 Aug 2013, 22:39

I'm not sure how he will be as Batman, but I think he'll be great playing Bruce Wayne, which is probably the more difficult side of the role to play. Especially if you hear Zack Snyder's idea of how the character will interact with Henry Cavill's Superman.
Madrigal
Custom Title: Sheerio

Postby Madrigal » 23 Aug 2013, 23:18

He was Daredevil, and well, that didn't go over well. So I can't picture him as broody Batman. IMO, Christian Bale and Michael Keaton played Batman the best so far. After TDKR, I was hoping that the franchise would be over. Guess not. I mean, I know it's for the Man of Steel movie or whatever, but STILL! STOP!
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 24 Aug 2013, 02:32

Madrigal wrote:He was Daredevil, and well, that didn't go over well. So I can't picture him as broody Batman. IMO, Christian Bale and Michael Keaton played Batman the best so far. After TDKR, I was hoping that the franchise would be over. Guess not. I mean, I know it's for the Man of Steel movie or whatever, but STILL! STOP!

It's a new franchise, new DC Universe. It has nothing to do with Christian Bale's Batman. And it's all part of the JLA movie coming up. :)
mr_forever
Custom Title: [stitched]

Postby mr_forever » 24 Aug 2013, 02:52

i do believe in his acting, but visually he ain't workin' it for me..
CharDudett

Postby CharDudett » 24 Aug 2013, 04:23

christian bale didn't make batman amazing, christopher nolan did. bale was an "ok" batman.

if affleck was directing the movie, i would say go for it, he could take it into an interesting direction. but the fact its snyder makes me cringe cause i have yet to see a "good" film out of him.

if affleck is batman, then i want to see damon as robin and kevin smith directing it. now that i would go see :P
Madrigal

Postby Madrigal » 24 Aug 2013, 06:33

CharDudett wrote:christian bale didn't make batman amazing, christopher nolan did. bale was an "ok" batman.

if affleck was directing the movie, i would say go for it, he could take it into an interesting direction. but the fact its snyder makes me cringe cause i have yet to see a "good" film out of him.

if affleck is batman, then i want to see damon as robin and kevin smith directing it. now that i would go see :P

If Kevin Smith was directing it, then I'd DEFINITELY see it. :p
krtkkarphillmuk

Postby krtkkarphillmuk » 24 Aug 2013, 08:35

How many more Batmans do we need???!!! Batmans... Supermans.... Spider-Man's... And didn't they kill off the last batman?

I don't get the fascination with making more, darker versions of these super heroes?

We need a Wonder Woman....!!!
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 24 Aug 2013, 08:40

well, what i say to other people

people hated heath ledger choice as the joker
people hated anne hathaway choice as catwoman

both of them turned out good so let's wait and see

i know he played daredevil and that wasn't good but still, let's wait and see
Madrigal

Postby Madrigal » 24 Aug 2013, 09:17

krtkkarphillmuk wrote:How many more Batmans do we need???!!! Batmans... Supermans.... Spider-Man's... And didn't they kill off the last batman?

I don't get the fascination with making more, darker versions of these super heroes?

We need a Wonder Woman....!!!

I thought there was a Wonder Woman movie in the works? Or was that a show? Hmm...
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 24 Aug 2013, 10:13

Not sure how I feel about this :confused:
Madrigal

Postby Madrigal » 24 Aug 2013, 17:06

I think I'm going to give Ben the benefit of the doubt. I mean, look at Heath Ledger. People were doubting him as The Joker and he stole the show!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 24 Aug 2013, 17:42

The franchise was never as good after Batman Forever fo me.

I think they should have ended it with that movie & made it a trilogy.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 24 Aug 2013, 18:45

This is basically a long summary of how I feel about this situation:

On Ben Affleck. (And some of his preceding Bat-men)

If you plan to start reading this, finish it. This is not for the light readers and casual onlookers. Know that now.
For a very steady twenty-four hours I have received a stream of private messages and posts on my wall all asking the same thing. Here’s the honest answer that we all must accept from everyone: we’ll have to wait and see.
I’ve been an actor for over a dozen years, and a writer and director for the latter half of that time. I am a consummate film fanatic and compulsively detailed observer of the craft. Let me tell you something that for some reason is forgotten by so many. The script, direction and editing of a film will make it or break it and is responsible for ninety percent of your experience. Yet somehow the actors get blamed so often for a film being bad simply because they’re the face you see and therefore with whom you associate your experience. Have you ever noticed how when an actor was “amazing” in something, generally (not always) it’s also a good movie? And when they’re “terrible”, generally (not always) it’s a bad movie? Let this sink in.

Everything before this point in this article is fact. Everything from here on out is opinion, and strictly so. You will not agree with everything I say. I am sorry if I offend you. I will use my opinions of these following examples to emphasize and support the above facts.

Let’s take for example George Clooney. Before we recall his time as the caped crusader, let’s reflect on his career as an actor. He’s good. I personally think he’s very good. If one were to imagine a world where the film “Batman and Robin” never existed, and were then asked to cast an actor as an older Batman/Bruce Wayne, there is no doubt in my mind one would consider George for the part. Acting chops and marketability aside look at him for Pete’s sake. He looks like Bruce Wayne head to toe. Now let’s put him in a film with an absolutely mind numbingly horrible script and an appallingly gaudy and tacky art direction, and you have Batnipples McGee verses the blue Terminator. Was it George’s fault? No. Is he blamed daily for the last sixteen years? Yes.

Christian Bale’s performance as a flat, emotionless, two dimensional Bruce Wayne with an airy screaming whisper when cowled is easily masked by the fact that Christopher Nolan is an extraordinarily technically proficient writer and director. The man knows how to craft a film, this cannot be denied. I’m in the camp of those who thought “The Dark Knight Rises” wasn't very good, however it’s two predecessors were. “Batman Begins” and “The Dark Knight” are well scripted, well directed, well edited pieces of work that made a ton of money and people the world over love. They love this film SO much in fact that they don’t even realize how mediocre, borderline terrible Christian Bale is as Batman.
What’s my point? Most of how Mr. Affleck does depends on the story and the filmmakers abilities to tell it. Had he been the age he is now in 1997 and filled the black boots in “Batman and Robin”, we’d think he’s terrible. Flip the coin and cast him in “Batman Begins” and “The Dark Knight”, we might find him irreplaceable.

On a separate line of thinking: My favorite live action Batman has always been Michael Keaton. I personally think he played the character the best by far, and many people will agree with this sentiment. However (and most of you are too young to remember this) when it was announced that this short, lean, not traditionally handsome comedic actor (who started out doing standup) was going to play the Dark Knight people lost their freaking minds. They were later quite mistaken. Now we have a tall, physically fit, handsome dramatic actor with a very versatile resume cast in the role. Do you really think he doesn’t deserve a chance to shut us all up?

I joined the masses in an anarchist uproar six years ago when I learned the Australian kid from “Ten Things I Hate About You” was going to be playing the Joker. What in heaven’s name were they thinking? This was preposterous. One year later I sat in a dark, crowded movie theatre swallowing my words. He was brilliant.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, Ben Affleck has been cast as Bruce Wayne, and as I’ve said before, we’ll just have to wait and see.
CharDudett

Postby CharDudett » 24 Aug 2013, 20:29

while yes i agree give ben affleck a chance, for those of u saying look at heath and look at anne... They suceeded cause of the combination of their acting skills, an amazing script, and an amazing director. Those are three extremely key factors to a good film.

with zack Snyder and his team at the helm i dont have much hope. Dc/wb cant even compare to marvel/disney in the superhero realm.
Nas

Postby Nas » 25 Aug 2013, 16:10

I'm more concerned that Zack Snyder is directing again than Ben Affleck, I won't judge until I've seen him. Besides I expect the focus to be more on Superman and Henry Cavill did a good job although he wasn't given much to do. Superhero films are not usually my thing but I must admit I really enjoyed Man of Steel until it lost it's way in the 2nd half...it had such a great cast!

Blond Pharaoh wrote:Warner Bros. has announced that Ben Affleck will play Batman in 2015′s Batman vs. Superman! And while that title is still unofficial, they have announced the release date — July 17, 2015.

I don't see why they would put Batman's name first when the film is a sequel to Man of Steel, either way that would be a really lame title.

Vitalina wrote:I never ever expected to see ben in a movie role like this... But let's see what he makes out of it :)

Why wouldn't you expect it if he was in Daredevil? I haven't seen it but he played a superhero.
King

Postby King » 25 Aug 2013, 18:18

Zack Snyder just LOVES the hairy chest! And now both Batman and Superman will have hairy chest!

In my opinion, i like Ben Affleck, but he's too big of a name to play such character. Sure, he can pull it of, but i would expect someone younger and less famous to play the new Batman. I am deeply dissapointed with the latest Dark Knight triology (only the 2nd one was semi-good), so hopefully this will bring Batman/Bruce Wayne back to life, i wasn't too keen on Bale either.
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 25 Aug 2013, 18:30

Ben is a good actor and all but he's a better director anyway I think it all started with him directing 'Justice League' movie and obviously they've been in discussion for some time.

Ben Affleck 'Flattered' By 'Justice League' Rumors

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/169468 ... ague.jhtml

mos
http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/firs...l-network-27m/

3. The Town (Warner Bros) Week 3 [2,935 Theaters]
Friday $3.1M, Saturday $4.2M, Weekend $9.9M, Estimated Cume $64.2M
A very strong -36% hold going into its 3rd week in release bodes well for Ben Affleck’s future as a director. And Warner Bros just offered him Superman to helm on Chris Nolan’s suggestion. (But Affleck likely will turn it down.)
Not working on 'Justice League': Affleck

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/Entertainm...37986-qmi.html
Ben Affleck sets the record straight on 'Justice League

http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/...justice-league

WB eyeing Ben Affleck to direct ‘Justice League’

http://variety.com/2012/film/news/wb...ue-1118057612/

And now he's Batman

Return to “Small Talk”