Who wants to be a moderator?

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
User avatar
FiaSpice
Posts: 20940
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female
Custom Title: Not immune
Country: Canada
Location: Montréal, Québec
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby FiaSpice » 19 Feb 2017, 21:20

JimmyLo wrote:I feel responsible for this - sorry for bringing this issue out.

The issue is that so many people are requesting PMs for links publicly which could lead to problems for DenDen because it's an open forum, anyone can see what we post.

If all contact is done via PM, that's not viewable to public (obviously). All people have to do is ask for a link via PM, not publicly on the board - the sharing doesn't change, we're just protecting DenDen better by keeping it (entirely) private. Right now this is one of the only Spice communities where can share and discuss and if it goes under because we broke the rules then it'll be that much harder to share stuff and we all lose out, especially those who are having issues getting a MM account.



This. I though people got "smarter" and PM-ed someone instead of going public saying "PM me the links" not even a little sublte how some people where in the past.
Last edited by FiaSpice on 20 Feb 2017, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 13850
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 16:08
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Alpha Male.
Country: Norway
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Andreas » 19 Feb 2017, 21:21

FiaSpice wrote:
JimmyLo wrote:I feel responsible for this - sorry for bringing this issue out.

The issue is that so many people are requesting PMs for links publicly which could lead to problems for DenDen because it's an open forum, anyone can see what we post.

If all contact is done via PM, that's not viewable to public (obviously). All people have to do is ask for a link via PM, not publicly on the board - the sharing doesn't change, we're just protecting DenDen better by keeping it (entirely) private. Right now this is one of the only Spice communities where can share and discuss and if it goes under because we broke the rules then it'll be that much harder to share stuff and we all lose out, especially those who are having issues getting a MM account.



This. I though people fot "smarter" and PM-ed someone instead of going public saying "PM me the links" not even a little sublte how some people where in the past.

Exactly!
Image
Melcmusicfan
Posts: 287
Joined: 30 Jan 2009, 06:12
Gender: Male
Country: United_States

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Melcmusicfan » 20 Feb 2017, 04:43

If I may, I have a thought I'd like to share...

I have been a member of the forum for many years, but I've become more of a lurker because there are some members who seem to enjoy pouncing on the newbies. For a long time, I didn't even sign in because I didn't always feel welcome on denden and I can honestly say that I have no friends on the forum. I'm sure that there are many others who feel the same as I do. So I wonder how many people publicly ask for things because they aren't close enough to other popular members to ask privately, or find it easier to risk a reprimand and ask openly hoping that someone would be kind enough to send links to them. What if a few members with 'connections' so to speak, offered to become a sponsor of sorts? This way members like myself, and new members, could go to certain individuals privately without fear of being bullied or belittled or shamed...

New or shy members might gain an acquaintance or two, and public requesting of certain material could be cut down...
User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 13850
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 16:08
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Alpha Male.
Country: Norway
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Andreas » 20 Feb 2017, 12:54

^ FAB IDEA! Anyone volunteering to sign up for breaking international copyright laws singlehandedly?

Would be very useful if this person could hand over full contact information, so it's easier for the board admin to hand it over to the right authorities when the time comes.

In fact, why bother wait, let's hand it over right away.

:death:
Image
User avatar
Fenrik
Posts: 15571
Joined: 18 May 2007, 13:36
Gender: Male
Custom Title: OSLOVE
Country: Norway
Location: Oslo
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Fenrik » 20 Feb 2017, 14:01

^
Lol, way to prove his point.
Image
User avatar
Andres
Posts: 22254
Joined: 23 Nov 2004, 05:21
Gender: Male
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge
Country: Argentina

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Andres » 20 Feb 2017, 15:38

Adam wrote:Hey guys sorry we are struggling at the moment. We have been besieged by spammers. There are over 10,000 spam posts across denden, which luckily due to our restrictions, you can't see.

However us moderators can see these posts everywhere. It is clogging up the reports (there are effectively over 10,000) reports to handle. It also means viewing forums and topics is nearly impossible, therefore it is hard to moderate.

I am sorry. Dennis is aware.


that sounds awful! thanks for all the hard work
Image
Red Boy
Posts: 2646
Joined: 31 May 2005, 08:56
Gender: Male
Custom Title: On A Mission
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Red Boy » 27 Feb 2017, 09:32

Mission accomplished. :cool:
Last edited by Red Boy on 27 Feb 2017, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Jamie
Posts: 22327
Joined: 08 Jul 2004, 18:36

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Jamie » 27 Feb 2017, 18:34

'Gloat'? Jesus Christ.
User avatar
JimmyLo
Posts: 5002
Joined: 05 Nov 2004, 20:56
Gender: Male
Country: Canada

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby JimmyLo » 27 Feb 2017, 19:49

Jamie wrote:'Gloat'? Jesus Christ.


I copied and pasted the sig from another site and it had more on it, links and stuff, forgot to edit for DenDen but noticed later. It was an accident but made me look like a total "gloating" hypocrite in this space.

If he is talking about the FB banner then he can fuck right off. All my uploads on there are either YouTube or Soundcloud and those are protected under common license. Hell, DenDen has supports built in for both those sites, and Billboard.com just blasted out a 5 year old Soundcloud link from my profile. So if that's "infringing on the girls copyrights" then I hardly think I'm the actual problem there.

Doesn't really matter, it's just DenDen and moderation doesn't really seem to be a pressing issue regardless. Not really worth caring about. If making mistakes and being human would make someone a bad moderator then I'm definitely not the best choice and Red Boy is right.
Image
User avatar
FiaSpice
Posts: 20940
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female
Custom Title: Not immune
Country: Canada
Location: Montréal, Québec
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby FiaSpice » 27 Feb 2017, 20:06

Something positive: I just learned a new english word today.

gloat |glōt|
verb [ intrans. ]
contemplate or dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure : his enemies gloated over his death.
Image
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 13850
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 16:08
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Alpha Male.
Country: Norway
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Andreas » 27 Feb 2017, 21:30

JimmyLo wrote:
I copied and pasted the sig from another site and it had more on it, links and stuff, forgot to edit for DenDen but noticed later. It was an accident but made me look like a total "gloating" hypocrite in this space.

If he is talking about the FB banner then he can fuck right off. All my uploads on there are either YouTube or Soundcloud and those are protected under common license. Hell, DenDen has supports built in for both those sites, and Billboard.com just blasted out a 5 year old Soundcloud link from my profile. So if that's "infringing on the girls copyrights" then I hardly think I'm the actual problem there.


Don't pay much attention to the troll. We would probably be just as bitter had we been that kind MC fan as well...
Image
User avatar
Hungy
Admin
Posts: 29367
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female
Custom Title: DDs resident biatch
Country: Canada
Location: Calgary
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Hungy » 07 Mar 2017, 10:54

Andres would be good too :)
I'm on facebook now, just search for my name in the Calgary, AB network.
I'm the person in the orange Tigger hat in the picture below:
Image
Jamie
Posts: 22327
Joined: 08 Jul 2004, 18:36

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Jamie » 07 Mar 2017, 11:31

No, he wouldn't.
User avatar
Andres
Posts: 22254
Joined: 23 Nov 2004, 05:21
Gender: Male
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge
Country: Argentina

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Andres » 21 Mar 2017, 14:46

Image
Image
User avatar
Cait
Posts: 24016
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female
Country: United_States
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Cait » 21 Mar 2017, 23:15

I'd be fine with Andrés, FiaSpice, JimmyLo, Javi, Fenrik or ...FunkyFresh... as moderators. I think they'll do a great job. They seem to look at both sides of the story (or fight) without going, "Ugh! Whatever, I'm gonna ban you because I disagree with you!" And having it roll off their backs a lot faster than some. My opinion.
Amaranthine18
Posts: 861
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 14:25
Gender: Male

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Amaranthine18 » 22 Mar 2017, 13:40

Cait wrote:I'd be fine with Andrés, FiaSpice, JimmyLo, Javi, Fenrik or ...FunkyFresh... as moderators. I think they'll do a great job. They seem to look at both sides of the story (or fight) without going, "Ugh! Whatever, I'm gonna ban you because I disagree with you!" And having it roll off their backs a lot faster than some. My opinion.


How about me? I am qualified too.
Image
spiceworldforever
Posts: 452
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 22:50

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby spiceworldforever » 22 Mar 2017, 13:44

Amaranthine18 wrote:
Cait wrote:I'd be fine with Andrés, FiaSpice, JimmyLo, Javi, Fenrik or ...FunkyFresh... as moderators. I think they'll do a great job. They seem to look at both sides of the story (or fight) without going, "Ugh! Whatever, I'm gonna ban you because I disagree with you!" And having it roll off their backs a lot faster than some. My opinion.


How about me? I am qualified too.


Your the biggest troll/shitstirrer on this forum. It would be a recipe for disaster.
User avatar
FiaSpice
Posts: 20940
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female
Custom Title: Not immune
Country: Canada
Location: Montréal, Québec
Contact:

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby FiaSpice » 22 Mar 2017, 16:00

Geez that's Cait opinion, respect it. Some people didn't mentioned my name when they posted "I thought X or Y would make a good mod" and I didn't went all sour "how about me".
Image
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
User avatar
Cait
Posts: 24016
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female
Country: United_States
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Cait » 23 Mar 2017, 05:08

Who knew my opinion would be so talked about? Ha. I should've said I'd be happy with whoever doesn't take it to the level of being a down right rude sob because they happen to have the power of banning someone because they happen to have a disagreement with the poster's opinion.

Amaranthine18, I'm sorry I didn't name you. When I think of a mod and DD, I think of someone who has been around for sometime and understand the place, almost inside and out. I'm sure you do as well, but the ones I've named were here a bit longer than you. I hope that you understand my view.
Amaranthine18
Posts: 861
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 14:25
Gender: Male

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Amaranthine18 » 23 Mar 2017, 06:12

Cait wrote:Who knew my opinion would be so talked about? Ha. I should've said I'd be happy with whoever doesn't take it to the level of being a down right rude sob because they happen to have the power of banning someone because they happen to have a disagreement with the poster's opinion.

Amaranthine18, I'm sorry I didn't name you. When I think of a mod and DD, I think of someone who has been around for sometime and understand the place, almost inside and out. I'm sure you do as well, but the ones I've named were here a bit longer than you. I hope that you understand my view.


You do not have to apologize. I was just asking what about me. I am neither sour nor bitter. :)

Some people here hate me because of I said about Melanie C. I was just stating a fact and those people cannot handle the truth.

Haters gonna hate so let them keep hating. Have a nice day. :wave:
Image
Amaranthine18
Posts: 861
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 14:25
Gender: Male

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Amaranthine18 » 23 Mar 2017, 06:13

Andres wrote:Image


I agree with this. You should be one of the moderators too.
Image
KingOfSpiceWorld
Posts: 318
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 20:05

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 08 Apr 2017, 14:30

Mega lol by some of the suggestions. Several of the people named are te ones that trashed Melanie C since this past summer and attacked/ bullied people with different opinions.
I only hope if one of these people gets picked, they'd try at least to be objective.
KingOfSpiceWorld
Posts: 318
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 20:05

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 08 Apr 2017, 14:32

Cait wrote:I'd be fine with Andrés, FiaSpice, JimmyLo, Javi, Fenrik or ...FunkyFresh... as moderators. I think they'll do a great job. They seem to look at both sides of the story (or fight) without going, "Ugh! Whatever, I'm gonna ban you because I disagree with you!" And having it roll off their backs a lot faster than some. My opinion.

These are great choices.
User avatar
Hannes84
Posts: 353
Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 09:34
Gender: Male
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior
Country: Finland

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Hannes84 » 17 May 2017, 00:59

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Mega lol by some of the suggestions. Several of the people named are te ones that trashed Melanie C since this past summer and attacked/ bullied people with different opinions.
I only hope if one of these people gets picked, they'd try at least to be objective.

So this. One of the named is infamous for causing arguments over the smallest things. Noboby like that shud be a mod.
Image
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?

Return to “Small Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eugeniazr11, Jasontulge, Michaelchuth and 9 guests