Re: Sarah Harding - Solo Thread

Postby schizophonic_spice » 29 Mar 2011, 13:41

Paul! wrote:I LOVE Sarah's new look.

She is morphing into Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 29 Mar 2011, 13:49

I think she looks great, the dark hair really works for her.

ImageImage
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 29 Mar 2011, 14:59

Really like that look hairstyle and dress
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 29 Mar 2011, 16:48

She is not looking good these days. She was so pretty last time. "Wake Me Up" was her best look!!
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 29 Mar 2011, 22:25

When i saw those pics on the DM website i thought it was Dannii Minogue :death:
Charmingspice5

Postby Charmingspice5 » 29 Mar 2011, 22:53

^^

yeah she does look a little like Dannii
VivaMGMVE
Previous username(s): VBrocks!

Postby VivaMGMVE » 30 Mar 2011, 09:04

Charmingspice5 wrote:Really like that look hairstyle and dress

I think she looks great! I hope she sticks with this new look! I'll jump on the bandwagon too and admit she does look a little Dannii!
Ziggy

Postby Ziggy » 10 Apr 2011, 20:30

Ye, I thought it was Dannii to and I was in the wrong forum haha. I think it's ohk.
Paul!
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0

Postby Paul! » 18 Apr 2011, 00:06

Why, Sarah, why?

:confused:
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 18 Apr 2011, 00:26

^^^She is not looking good
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 18 Apr 2011, 00:27

Sarah Harding: 'My father is dead to me'

Girls Aloud star Sarah Harding has blasted her "destructive" and "selfish" estranged father, who she considers to have died after he left her mother for a younger woman.

The 'Loving Kind' singer turned her back on John Hardman after the breakdown of her parents' 18-year marriage in 1999 and has ignored his continued requests for a reunion ever since.

Speaking to The Mail On Sunday, Harding said: "My father is dead to me - I can't forgive him. After he and my mother divorced, he wasn't a very nice person, and what's done is done.

"Looking back, I think the split was more destructive and destabilising than I realised, because I started bunking off school and getting into trouble.

"I know it's harsh, but I have no place in my life for someone like that. I came close to being in contact with him again, but he talked to the press and tried to sell pictures of me as a young girl. He's a very selfish man and as far as I'm concerned he's gone."

Defending her controversial comments further, Harding argued that Girls Aloud would never have lasted in the music industry without "going against the grain" and standing up for their beliefs.

She said: "One reason Girls Aloud were so successful was that we were a bit outspoken. I think people respond to that. Bands today are too scared to speak their minds.

"I'm confused by today's music scene: where have all the guitar bands gone? It's all very R&B at the moment. When I hear bands being interviewed these days they just say what people want to hear the whole time. I like to see a band going against the grain."

DJ Roger Sanchez recently insisted to DS that Harding, who appeared in the video for his latest single '2Gether', is in fact a "subdued" and "chilled-out" person.

Poor Sarah however in reference to GA did they really go against the grain? I thought they played it safe alot of the time in interviews.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 18 Apr 2011, 04:09

Hell yes, they went against the grain a lot of the time. In the early years they didn't hold back at all, when it came to their views on other popstars. Off the top of my head - Dannii Minogue, All Saints, Pussycat Dolls, Matt Willis, Pete Doherty, Charlotte Church...
Charmingspice5

Postby Charmingspice5 » 18 Apr 2011, 08:20

^^

Yeah I've heard them speak on other popstars in certain interviews and you're right they didn't hold back especially in the beginning of their career.
kittie

Postby kittie » 18 Apr 2011, 13:13

Paul! wrote:Why, Sarah, why?

:confused:

The next Katie Price?!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 18 Apr 2011, 13:44

Jay wrote:Hell yes, they went against the grain a lot of the time. In the early years they didn't hold back at all, when it came to their views on other popstars. Off the top of my head - Dannii Minogue, All Saints, Pussycat Dolls, Matt Willis, Pete Doherty, Charlotte Church...

Wasn't most of them by certain members though (Cheryl Cole) not the whole collective? I could be wrong I just didn't remember them being particuarly mouthy (certainly not in their later years anyway)

Besides I think there is a difference between going against the grain and just being bitchy & bitter e.g What Cheryl said about the Spice Girls only lasting "18 months" in comparison to GA's long thriving career.
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 18 Apr 2011, 19:57

^ And don't forget Cheryl complaining Vic didn't call her after the affair rumours seeing she had gone through the same thing. That was soooo rude of Cheryl, the little respect I had for her went away with this comment.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Apr 2011, 02:50

Veli wrote:And don't forget Cheryl complaining Vic didn't call her after the affair rumours seeing she had gone through the same thing. That was soooo rude of Cheryl, the little respect I had for her went away with this comment.

I don't think it was particularly rude, maybe a bit of an over share, but it's not exactly character defamation!

We don't know exactly how close those two were, but Cheryl stated that their families had had barbecues together. I think it's fairly obvious that Cheryl must have seen Victoria as a good friend, to have commented that she felt disappointed that support hadn't come from her. She just seemed a bit hurt.

If Cheryl had actually said something genuinely offensive about Victoria, then I'd definitely understand you losing respect for her and finding her rude. Her saying she was hurt by a lack of communication, though? That's just women being women, lol. Besides, the interview implies that Cheryl said she likes Victoria.

Fair enough if what she said rubbed you up the wrong way, but I'm just surprised that that has been brought up as one of Cheryl's most outspoken moments.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Apr 2011, 02:51

schizophonic_spice wrote:Wasn't most of them by certain members though (Cheryl Cole) not the whole collective? I could be wrong I just didn't remember them being particuarly mouthy (certainly not in their later years anyway)

I think it's more the case that the comments of one member tends to reflect on the whole group. Let's remember that Cheryl wasn't the nation's sweetheart Cheryl Cole back then (lol) - anything she was reported to have said was still written as a Girls Aloud story, they were Girls Aloud interviews.

Nicola had feuds with Dannii Minogue & Matt Willis. Cheryl was indeed outspoken about All Saints, but surprisingly Kimberley said this in a sarcastic manner: “Good luck to them, I hope they stay friends this time.”

Actually, coming back around to Victoria Beckham, Sarah reportedly said this in 2006 (while speaking as the face of Ultimo):

Victoria is a very glamorous lady- a fashion icon- but I think she’s ill. She could certainly afford to eat a chip, but she’d probably have one and want the plateful. What’s sexy about being straight up and down skinny?” The female body should be an hour glass figure- not anorexic looking.

Sarah was also apparently very annoyed when her 2006/7 hairstyle was compared to Victoria's pob, citing this comparison as the reason why she decided to go for a much shorter cut by mid 2007 (Tangled Up era).

schizophonic_spice wrote:Besides I think there is a difference between going against the grain and just being bitchy & bitter e.g What Cheryl said about the Spice Girls only lasting "18 months" in comparison to GA's long thriving career.

In the article posted, Sarah says that she thinks the key to their survival was "going against the grain" = "One reason Girls Aloud were so successful was that we were a bit outspoken. I think people respond to that. Bands today are too scared to speak their minds."
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 19 Apr 2011, 11:35

Jay wrote:
Veli wrote:And don't forget Cheryl complaining Vic didn't call her after the affair rumours seeing she had gone through the same thing. That was soooo rude of Cheryl, the little respect I had for her went away with this comment.

I don't think it was particularly rude, maybe a bit of an over share, but it's not exactly character defamation!

We don't know exactly how close those two were, but Cheryl stated that their families had had barbecues together. I think it's fairly obvious that Cheryl must have seen Victoria as a good friend, to have commented that she felt disappointed that support hadn't come from her. She just seemed a bit hurt.

If Cheryl had actually said something genuinely offensive about Victoria, then I'd definitely understand you losing respect for her and finding her rude. Her saying she was hurt by a lack of communication, though? That's just women being women, lol. Besides, the interview implies that Cheryl said she likes Victoria.

Fair enough if what she said rubbed you up the wrong way, but I'm just surprised that that has been brought up as one of Cheryl's most outspoken moments.

No, no, let me explain. I do understand Cheryl was hurt and thought it's weird her pal didn't call her to comfort her. The thing in this situation is that Vic never officially admitted the rumours were true. I bet she didn't even tell the other Spices if it was true. For whatever reasons Vic decided to act like it wasn't true (maybe it wasn't, we can't know for sure). That's what I wanted Cheryl to respect. She's a celeb and knows how the game is played. She should have respected the fact Vic decided to act like her husband didn't cheat on her so she can walk with her head high. Instead Cheryl said "someone who went through the same thing".

Vic wanted people to think this never happened and when Cheryl said it like that people would think Vic told her and in a way she confirms something Vic doesn't want to be confirmed. I know Cheryl was just hurt at that time and didn't think of it but still that was very inconsiderate of her.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 20 Apr 2011, 03:16

I totally see your point now!

I had interpreted it as meaning that they'd both gone through the press intrusion over allegations (so they could relate in that sense, at least), but you're right, there is the implication that it's comparing the two situations identically, which isn't fair.
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 11 Jul 2011, 13:00

So shes been back in the studio according to the mirror. Someone please show the other girls how to have a hit single.

mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 11 Jul 2011, 17:43

OMG, LOL @ that picture!
Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 11 Jul 2011, 19:22

The falling girl looks like she's thinking "So if I close my eyes would it hurt less?"
Sunshiner
Custom Title: I Do Believe You.

Postby Sunshiner » 12 Jul 2011, 05:48

That picture is great! :laugh:
Adam
Mod

Postby Adam » 12 Jul 2011, 07:04

I hope that's a puddle of piss that Miss Harding is gracefully skipping over whilst watching her over eager friend fall face first!

Return to “Girls Aloud”