The Mod-Log 297 - Week 47/13 - Nov 17 to Nov 23

Weekly reports of Modmin actions, decisions etc.
TheBiatches

Re: The Mod-Log 297 - Week 47/13 - Nov 17 to Nov 23

Postby TheBiatches » 29 Nov 2013, 15:11

TeddyBear wrote:
VodkaMouth wrote:Naaah, Jamie has been calling people names for years (including us) and he's still on here, so why should TheBiatches be banned? It would be unfair. Ban both or don't ban anyone, that's how it should be.

i'm not familiar with their past encounters :) what i said was solely based on what happened in Lady Gaga topic that day. and i'm not claiming that neither one of them was 100% right or 100% wrong.

The thing is, in all seriousness, I am in the wrong just as much as him. He insulted my intelligence and my boyfriend's, I insulted his looks.

If you knew what this user has been saying about us over the past 2+ years, maybe you would understand my reaction, a reaction which I don't regret in the slightest.

It all started because we would disagree on Gaga, and while I would keep it on topic, this person and a friend of his would get personal and insult me (and point out to some other Gaga fan "You're a Gaga fan but you're a nice person, unlike someone else") and then bitch about me on Twitter ('cunt', 'idiot', 'turd' and more), something which I found bizarre to say the least, how could a Gaga fan impact you so much that you feel the need to talk about him on his back on Twitter with your friends?

Also, my boyfriend and I, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, were called 'awful people' here on Denden in a thread that had NOTHING to do with us, why? Because we had the chance to go and see the premiere of the Viva Forever! musical and, according to this person, we didn't deserve it. That is how low and disgusting and childish this user's level is. That post reeked of jealousy.

And I was once told to 'go get fucked' probably because I didn't see things the same way as him on some trivial Gaga-related matter.

The obsession went too far a few times and he has in fact been contacted by the mods multiple times because he couldn't stop mentioning us in random threads, which is just plain odd.

So, since he's gotten away with absolutely everything for years, I will, from now on, say whatever the fuck I want to say, I have no intentions of sounding like a victim, unlike someone else, who starts EVERYTHING and then hides behind a finger.

And if the mods ban me, I don't care, I have other places to express my opinion, but they will also look like dicks because they allow people like Jamie on the forums, and Vomiting Porpoise, who has made 'fat' and 'retarded' jokes before, he's constantly trolling and no one even knows when he's actually speaking his mind, and he's still here.

And if this was too long and you didn't bother to read, je m'en fous. I don't know you very well at all and you seem to dislike me a lot already anyway!
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 29 Nov 2013, 15:27

don,t drag me into your disputes doll to the best of my knowledge I have NEVER criticised or attacked any members of this forum. I would certainly not bash anyone for their looks or character. say what you like about me but I do not bully any membars of this community and I have no intention to start. yes I have opinons of people here but I have no desire to make enemies so I keep them to myslef if needs be.

attack me all you want but in this instance I feel people that tell me to grow up need to take a good look in the mirror. Image by all means continue to rip into each other if that,s how you get your thrills but leave me out of it. that is all I have to say on the matter so any further attempts to get a rise out of me will be ignored Image x
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 29 Nov 2013, 15:47

no i read it all :)

i don't dislike you or like you because i don't know you enough to like/dislike you... but i can see why you said that.

back to the subject at hand: as i said earlier, i don't know what happened with you and Jamie in the past (thanx for sharing your side of the story btw :D ) and what i was saying was all based on that page of the topic... as i didn't know your past with Jamie, from that point of view you looked bad. and it looked like that you were trying to take out on him for what he did in twitter on DD. because just because someone called you dumb/dumber you don't go ballistic and call them fat ginger fucks, do you?

sorry if couldn't explain myself properly, i'm a bit in a hurry atm.
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Postby Andres » 29 Nov 2013, 15:56

TheBiatches wrote:and then bitch about me on Twitter

Are you stalking his twitter? what kind of obsession is this?
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 29 Nov 2013, 16:09

Andres wrote:

Why are you trying to stir shit babe? ;)
I believe that was all discussed ages ago on a Mod Log, if you're curious go look it up, don't try to provoke people even more.
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 29 Nov 2013, 16:11

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:don,t drag me into your disputes doll to the best of my knowledge I have NEVER criticised or attacked any members of this forum. I would certainly not bash anyone for their looks or character. say what you like about me but I do not bully any membars of this community and I have no intention to start. yes I have opinons of people here but I have no desire to make enemies so I keep them to myslef if needs be.

attack me all you want but in this instance I feel people that tell me to grow up need to take a good look in the mirror. Image by all means continue to rip into each other if that,s how you get your thrills but leave me out of it. that is all I have to say on the matter so any further attempts to get a rise out of me will be ignored Image x

I didn't say you attack people? I said most people don't know when to take you seriously and you're still around, but on any other forum you'd probably have been banned for being a troll. I don't even mind you!
TeddyBear wrote:no i read it all :)

i don't dislike you or like you because i don't know you enough to like/dislike you... but i can see why you said that.

back to the subject at hand: as i said earlier, i don't know what happened with you and Jamie in the past (thanx for sharing your side of the story btw :D ) and what i was saying was all based on that page of the topic... as i didn't know your past with Jamie, from that point of view you looked bad. and it looked like that you were trying to take out on him for what he did in twitter on DD. because just because someone called you dumb/dumber you don't go ballistic and call them fat ginger fucks, do you?

sorry if couldn't explain myself properly, i'm a bit in a hurry atm.

Ah yes, of course that's my side of the story. My reaction was ignited by an insult that occured right after my first post on Denden in months. I have ignored plenty of his insults, but I won't anymore.
Andres wrote:

Er, it was a conversation that included you as well, and at the time you and I followed each other. Luckily I decided to block your ass too.
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 29 Nov 2013, 16:35

Narrator wrote:
Andres wrote:

I believe that was all discussed ages ago on a Mod Log, if you're curious go look it up, don't try to provoke people even more.

THIS.

It's sad how some people are on DenDen only for the drama.

That happened at least one year ago and it wasn't even us checking his Twitter but a friend of ours that follows or used to follow him. Watch a couple of telenovelas to feed your hunger for drama and stop stirring shit, Andres.
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 29 Nov 2013, 16:45

VodkaMouth wrote:
Narrator wrote:
Andres wrote:

THIS.

It's sad how some people are on DenDen only for the drama.

That happened at least one year ago and it wasn't even us checking his Twitter but a friend of ours that follows or used to follow him. Watch a couple of telenovelas to feed your hunger for drama and stop stirring shit, Andres.

We also searched for "TheBiatches" on Twitter and found out all those lovely things. :lovers:
mats

Postby mats » 29 Nov 2013, 16:48

If warnings won't start to be issued this kind of violence (and trolling) will keep on being tolerated and it will only generate more violence and hatred.

I complained about this before.
Then I quit the forums.
I'm back.
As a coincidence a week after I'm back in the forums more shit of the same sort happens...

I guess warnings won't be issued and I'll feel like leaving again...
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 29 Nov 2013, 16:49

TheBiatches wrote:
VodkaMouth wrote:

We also searched for "TheBiatches" on Twitter and found out all those lovely things. :lovers:

You're right!

I'm bored of all the drama, to be honest, I'll try my best to stay out of it as long as people don't make me part of it or start trying to stir up shit.

EDIT: Or someone insults my boyfriend, of course.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 30 Nov 2013, 08:18

TheBiatches wrote:The thing is, in all seriousness, I am in the wrong just as much as him. He insulted my intelligence and my boyfriend's, I insulted his looks.

If you knew what this user has been saying about us over the past 2+ years, maybe you would understand my reaction, a reaction which I don't regret in the slightest.

It all started because we would disagree on Gaga, and while I would keep it on topic, this person and a friend of his would get personal and insult me (and point out to some other Gaga fan "You're a Gaga fan but you're a nice person, unlike someone else") and then bitch about me on Twitter ('cunt', 'idiot', 'turd' and more), something which I found bizarre to say the least, how could a Gaga fan impact you so much that you feel the need to talk about him on his back on Twitter with your friends?

Also, my boyfriend and I, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, were called 'awful people' here on Denden in a thread that had NOTHING to do with us, why? Because we had the chance to go and see the premiere of the Viva Forever! musical and, according to this person, we didn't deserve it. That is how low and disgusting and childish this user's level is. That post reeked of jealousy.

And I was once told to 'go get fucked' probably because I didn't see things the same way as him on some trivial Gaga-related matter.

The obsession went too far a few times and he has in fact been contacted by the mods multiple times because he couldn't stop mentioning us in random threads, which is just plain odd.

So, since he's gotten away with absolutely everything for years, I will, from now on, say whatever the fuck I want to say, I have no intentions of sounding like a victim, unlike someone else, who starts EVERYTHING and then hides behind a finger.

And if the mods ban me, I don't care, I have other places to express my opinion, but they will also look like dicks because they allow people like Jamie on the forums, and Vomiting Porpoise, who has made 'fat' and 'retarded' jokes before, he's constantly trolling and no one even knows when he's actually speaking his mind, and he's still here.

And if this was too long and you didn't bother to read, je m'en fous. I don't know you very well at all and you seem to dislike me a lot already anyway!

Pretty much all of what you've said here is almost entirely valid, but there's three sides to every story: your side, his side and the truth. This feud between the three of you has been going on for several years. You and your boyfriend know exactly how to push Jamie's buttons (just as he knows how to push yours) and you guys definitely take advantage of that knowledge. I've had to say this to you two before, and it's annoying that I have to say it again, but would you guys please stop acting like you're any more innocent than Jamie is. He does not start "EVERYTHING". You guys do your fair share of saying something that you know is going to set him off.

If the three of you refuse to make use of your Foes lists, at least be willing to take responsibility for your part.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 13 Dec 2013, 03:28

Jay wrote:
Jamie wrote:Apparently calling someone a 'fat ginger fuck' is acceptable on DenDen, then?

No, it isn't acceptable - but neither is referring to people as dumb and dumber. You were all being misbehaved in that thread, provoking and name-calling. I told you all to stop the arguing in the thread, and if it went beyond those particular comments then warnings would be issued. It did die down, so no warnings were issued from me.

However, that's subject to change. That was only my quick decision while I was the only mod online to try and defuse that situation - not a majority mod decision. The situation is being discussed in the mod forum at the moment.

Genuinely not trying to shit stir here, but any progress here? I see a lot of warnings/bans for a lot less currently.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 13 Dec 2013, 19:58

We couldn't come to a majority decision, so we've had to leave it with the original decision.

That thread descended into such chaos so quickly, from all sides, that my initial reaction to it all was to try and defuse the situation immediately by telling you all to stop, and if it didn't stop then warnings would have to be issued. I didn't look at any particular post as being worse, rather just took into account the situation as a whole. I can't really go back on that now and warn individuals for comments.

What was written about you is definitely unacceptable language, and I do disapprove of it completely, but you shouldn't have called them names in the first place either. I'm not saying that that means you deserved to be called what you were called, and it was far stronger, but you were provoking too.

It's a complicated situation. I concede that my initial judgement might not have been the correct conduct. I do implore once again though that you all move forwards and ignore each other completely. Leave all of that in the past and make sure that there aren't repeat incidences in the future - at least, not on DenDen.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 13 Dec 2013, 20:00

Hmm.
mats

Postby mats » 16 Dec 2013, 13:14

Always the same old shit
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 16 Dec 2013, 14:52

People seem to forget that the admin and mod team are just ordinary people, doing this role for free, and are taking some time out of their day to day lives to try and help with the running of the forum and even make some hard decisions. Believe it or not, we strive 100% of the time to try and make the fairest decisions. Are they 100% right all the time? In some cases they just can't be, because there will always be people who disagree with a decision that has been made. Sometimes you just can't win.

Personally, I've been finding their feud to be particularly draining recently. It's been an on-going thing for pretty much the whole 2 years I've been back as a mod. I must have spent hours of my time thinking about them and what to do about it, to try and appease them all - even when I'm not at the computer. They may not even realise it, but their "war" doesn't just affect them solely, but it spreads to others as well. I can appreciate that other members are probably tired of it too, but I know that some members are biased towards exactly who they want to see warned or banned, but it's not that simple. You have to be impartial and look at the situation as a whole.

The decisions made up to this point have been very lenient, I'd say. They're all still here & they don't have warnings. They could look at this positively and be well behaved from this point on, leaving the past events behind them & be happy that they can still post on DenDen. I personally don't care for them to kiss and make up, because for some reason it seems like they just can't or don't want to. I just hope that they can ignore each other & not create any further drama.

From my point of view, they're all on a clean slate at the moment. I really hope this is final altercation they have with each other on DenDen.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 16 Dec 2013, 14:59

The only alternative would have been to warn both parties as they both "misbehaved", there were no innocent victims in this situation - there was a provocation and a response. I think you're doing a great job Jay. :hug:
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 16 Dec 2013, 15:14

Narrator wrote:The only alternative would have been to warn both parties as they both "misbehaved", there were no innocent victims in this situation - there was a provocation and a response. I think you're doing a great job Jay. :hug:

Same for me.

Warning/banning only one of them would have been unfair.

I've said before I'm done with the drama and I intend on keeping it up, I'm over it. Gaga >>>>> the World anyway, we all know that.

:p
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 16 Dec 2013, 16:08

Jay wrote:...
Personally, I've been finding their feud to be particularly draining recently. It's been an on-going thing for pretty much the whole 2 years I've been back as a mod....

Even before that, when I was mod it was an issue.
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Postby Andres » 16 Dec 2013, 17:31

ban all 3 of them and be done with it!
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 16 Dec 2013, 19:31

Jay wrote:It's been an on-going thing for pretty much the whole 2 years I've been back as a mod.

oh my that has gone fast Image x
Nas

Postby Nas » 17 Dec 2013, 19:18

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:
Jay wrote:It's been an on-going thing for pretty much the whole 2 years I've been back as a mod.

oh my that has gone fast Image x

Not for Jay it hasn't. :D

Return to “Mod action & Feedback”