Eurovision 2007

Temporary forum to discuss this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow in great detail ;)
Sandi

Postby Sandi » 13 May 2007, 11:29

felx wrote:
Sandi wrote:Happy for Serbia!...by the way is the singer a lesbian? ... the only fucked up is that most of the countrys vote just for their neighbours, even though the songs suck!

Nobody knows!! She didnt come out yet! :hunny:

Well she acts like a man! haha....not that there is anything wrong with it.

And shame on your Serbia for not giving us more points :(
felx

Postby felx » 13 May 2007, 11:31

Sandi wrote:
felx wrote:
Sandi wrote:Happy for Serbia!...by the way is the singer a lesbian? ... the only fucked up is that most of the countrys vote just for their neighbours, even though the songs suck!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :lovers:
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
Lennu

Postby Lennu » 13 May 2007, 12:00

I was happy that Serbia won (i voted her) :) . I also like Ukraine, Georgia, Germany (by the way Roger mentioned Beckham in his song :D ) and of course Hanna. Show was really ok: Mikko was hot :$ , but fu... Santa was creepy :D
Kristoffer: Russia didn't give us points because they were angry to our ice-hockey team :D Blame Mikko Koivu :devil:
the m

Postby the m » 13 May 2007, 12:01

porto wrote:
Alex! wrote:I'm a little disappointed Georgia didn't make it to Top 10, otherwise fine :) Serbia was really the best last night.

EXACTLY SHE WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN MOST FROM THE TOP 10

SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT LEAST IN TOP 3

GEORGIA DEFINITELY WAS THE BEST AND THEIR 12 TH PLACE IS THE MOST UNFAIR I THINK

I kinda liked Georgia's song.
Vitalina
Custom Title: Yes I CAN

Postby Vitalina » 13 May 2007, 12:15

the m wrote:
porto wrote:
Alex! wrote:I'm a little disappointed Georgia didn't make it to Top 10, otherwise fine :) Serbia was really the best last night.

EXACTLY SHE WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN MOST FROM THE TOP 10

SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT LEAST IN TOP 3

GEORGIA DEFINITELY WAS THE BEST AND THEIR 12 TH PLACE IS THE MOST UNFAIR I THINK

I kinda liked Georgia's song.

^^ me too, and her voice is really good!
Minna

Postby Minna » 13 May 2007, 12:21

yeah, the neighbour voting was unbelievable :dizzy: when i was watching the voting bit last night, i really began to wonder how could Finland really win last year? unless there's something really, really different (like Lordi), the western countries have no chance in ESC. it seems like if your song is good or okay, there's no chance, because people would rather vote for a good or okay song from their neighbour country. :death:

i had no real favourite in the contest this year. the Belarus song got stuck on my head though and i actually thought Germany was nice as well, a very complimentary song for us girls. Serbia's entry sounded like a nice, powerful ballad even though i have to say my first impression of the performance was that they'd chosen pretty backing singers, because the actual artist looked so butch that they thought no one would vote for her alone. :oops:
Ralu
Custom Title: hates mornings

Postby Ralu » 13 May 2007, 12:49

Alex! wrote:
Tim wrote:Totally hooked on Bulgaria..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ytzgtLW1A

I'm starting to like it as well.

me too. Like Moldova as well now.

Serbia DID have the best song and voice, but what Minna said is true, if there's no fantastic song in the contest, everybody votes for neighbours. They still vote for neighbours even if there is a fantastic song. Look at my country, we voted for Moldova and they voted for us (12p), when it was clear there were better songs in the contest than our own. But given that Moldova was once part of Romania, it's considered betrayel if we don't vote like this :D

Georgia was fantastic !! did it end outside of top 10 ??

i agree with Minna's second paragraph as well, the sexy girls were there to distract attention from the singer, watch their national final on youtube. it's so un-PC to say this tho :$
if anything good is happening in the SG or solo-SG forum, someone please PM me :p thx
porto
Custom Title: joe

Postby porto » 13 May 2007, 12:54

Raluca wrote:
Alex! wrote:
Tim wrote:Totally hooked on Bulgaria..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ytzgtLW1A

I'm starting to like it as well.

me too. Like Moldova as well now.

Serbia DID have the best song and voice, but what Minna said is true, if there's no fantastic song in the contest, everybody votes for neighbours. They still vote for neighbours even if there is a fantastic song. Look at my country, we voted for Moldova and they voted for us (12p), when it was clear there were better songs in the contest than our own. But given that Moldova was once part of Romania, it's considered betrayel if we don't vote like this :D

Georgia was fantastic !! did it end outside of top 10 ??

i agree with Minna's second paragraph as well, the sexy girls were there to distract attention from the singer, watch their national final on youtube. it's so un-PC to say this tho :$

yeah GEORGIA GOT 12TH AND THEY REALLY DESERVED TO BE AT LEAST IN TOP 3 THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL WAS MY FAVOURITE FROM THE BEGINNING

SHE SHOULD HAVE WON
Kawai
Custom Title: Girls Aloud Lover

Postby Kawai » 13 May 2007, 12:56

porto wrote:yeah GEORGIA GOT 12TH AND THEY REALLY DESERVED TO BE AT LEAST IN TOP 3 THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL WAS MY FAVOURITE FROM THE BEGINNING

SHE SHOULD HAVE WON

But she lost.
Flutey
Mod
Custom Title: DDs Headnurse

Postby Flutey » 13 May 2007, 13:20

Marco is not happy! You should all have seen me yesterday... everyone was really getting worried, cause they couldn't understand why I was so upset! 3 POINTS!!!!!!!

Anyway, congrats to Serbia, I liked their song
Kirill
Custom Title: Browsing the world

Postby Kirill » 13 May 2007, 13:20

i quite enjoyed to watch eurovision this time also, at least there were loads of dif acts from opera to rock, from pop to completely circus acts. I liked the song from our country "Song #1" when i heard it first but actually didn't expect to chart that higher, though when i've watched the whole show- i'd say they were one of the best acts last night. As for Serbia i'd say it's a worthy win! Congrats!
Very dissapointed about Serduchka from Ukraine to sing "Russia goodbye!" in her song is not the best way to PR her song to publicity, i doubt now that she\he will have popularity in Russia after that! though Ukraine act was a big fun!
i trull loved Lithuania - very beautiful acoustical song but unfortunately it's not an eurovision format!
Sandi

Postby Sandi » 13 May 2007, 13:20

felx wrote:
Sandi wrote:
felx wrote:

just make sure you give us more points next year, cause you always get the higest score from Slovenia :p
Whitewashed
Custom Title: Nothing to see here

Postby Whitewashed » 13 May 2007, 13:22

I´m not bothered by Finland´s bad position, it was as expected as all the previous years. Hanna did a great performance and turned me into a fan, that´s all that counts imo. But that´s easy to say since we don´t pay anything for the competition unlike the four big countries.
felx

Postby felx » 13 May 2007, 13:28

Sandi wrote:
felx wrote:
Sandi wrote:
felx wrote:

just make sure you give us more points next year, cause you always get the higest score from Slovenia :p

OK :lovers: :D
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
felx

Postby felx » 13 May 2007, 13:30

..::Flute Player::.. wrote:Marco is not happy! You should all have seen me yesterday... everyone was really getting worried, cause they couldn't understand why I was so upset! 3 POINTS!!!!!!!

Thanks Marco :lovers:
Summer
Custom Title: FagHag

Postby Summer » 13 May 2007, 13:33

Serbia was not the right winners, awful.... I liked some songs tough, hot guys and funny artist couldnt be better
Ralu
Custom Title: hates mornings

Postby Ralu » 13 May 2007, 13:34

The Big 4 are getting enough money back in broadcasting taxes and all that, don't worry, they wouldn't keep doing it if it's not profitable. And profit can come also from image, they're the big powerfull countries behind Eurovision.

I listened to all the songs from the semifinal and i must say Estonia and Malta had really good songs, Belgium and Netherlands were good but nothing special. All in all i think the semifinal results were fair except for Armenia, sorry but i don't know how that song got in, it's boring :(
if anything good is happening in the SG or solo-SG forum, someone please PM me :p thx
Kawai
Custom Title: Girls Aloud Lover

Postby Kawai » 13 May 2007, 13:35

felx wrote:
..::Flute Player::.. wrote:Marco is not happy! You should all have seen me yesterday... everyone was really getting worried, cause they couldn't understand why I was so upset! 3 POINTS!!!!!!!

You have nothing better to say than "thanks" and " :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: " ? Lol...
felx

Postby felx » 13 May 2007, 13:38

Summer wrote:Serbia was not the right winners, awful.... I liked some songs tough, hot guys and funny artist couldnt be better

Eurovision is not about the beauty, and show.. :despise: .!!!!!! It is still about :angel: MUSIC!!!!!!
felx

Postby felx » 13 May 2007, 13:42

Kawai wrote:
felx wrote:

You have nothing better to say than "thanks" and " :lovers: :lovers: :lovers: " ? Lol...

what can I else say? :despise:

PS:If you dont like it-please dont watch it!!! :dizzy:
Last edited by felx on 13 May 2007, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
porto
Custom Title: joe

Postby porto » 13 May 2007, 13:46

Kawai wrote:
porto wrote:yeah GEORGIA GOT 12TH AND THEY REALLY DESERVED TO BE AT LEAST IN TOP 3 THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL WAS MY FAVOURITE FROM THE BEGINNING

SHE SHOULD HAVE WON

But she lost.

YEAH AGAIN AND AGAIN BECAUSE OF POLITICS AND BECAUSE OF NEIGHBOUIRING COUNTRIES I THINK

POLITICS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THERE I THINK
artziboi
Custom Title: Who owns the throne

Postby artziboi » 13 May 2007, 14:25

Alex! wrote:
MJ wrote:Sweden, what the hell?!

I ask myself the same question :dizzy:

I know!Now Swedish Media and The Ark themselves are furious about getting so low scores in the end of the day.
But i think they got what they deserved. :D :devil:

Raluca wrote:Georgia's song was a bit Bjork :) i liked it a lot

Georgia´s entry was like Disco-Björk.Mixture of Madonna and Björk :D

Tim wrote:Russia 09/10 Darker Girls aloud! Like them! Also like how they're not dressed overly sexy!

I LOVE Serebro.But i also was bit disapointed when they performed.They over-acted on stage and moved too much.
I think they were more sexy when they did not try so much.And the song was the point,The SONG was amaizing!
Actually i played it in this Disco,where i am a Dj and it worked so well.It is very well produced.

SpiceStas wrote:Serbia - lesbi show

I think in the end of the day,Serbian Entry looked like She was Both Retarted and Gay(Is she?). :D
I think her stylist should go to jail :D :D :D :devil:

Stephan wrote:I really loved Hanna's performance today, a lot better than the live versions I heard before. Hope she gets at least in the top 10 :love:

I SO Agree.I think She did AMAIZING job with her performance.It was emotional and very Strong.It looked good and vocally amaizing. :love:

tinde wrote:
MJ wrote:The festival's turned shite, "the more neighbours, the more votes" theory seems to be getting worse each year.
Agree with you, it's not about the songs but voting for you neighbour country. I do think that Serbia was great, but the competition should be changed to Eastern European song contest or something..

I Dont like the way Eurovision song contest are turning into a joke.Year by year.I think it should be about song and about the performance,not about where the entry lives.
Argh
Sandi

Postby Sandi » 13 May 2007, 15:26

Did anybody like that light in her hand that she had (the Slovenian singer), i thought that was so cool how the stage got darker and she lit it up and it shined on her face than she turned the hand and it was shining... really cool :)
yadee

Postby yadee » 13 May 2007, 15:38

Minna wrote:yeah, the neighbour voting was unbelievable :dizzy: when i was watching the voting bit last night, i really began to wonder how could Finland really win last year? unless there's something really, really different (like Lordi), the western countries have no chance in ESC. it seems like if your song is good or okay, there's no chance, because people would rather vote for a good or okay song from their neighbour country. :death:

I was wondering this same :dizzy: and it's a big shit.. as you saw the results.. all top 10 countries were from the eastern Europe.. and all the last 10 countries were from the western Europe. And in the western Europe.. people didn't do this neighbor-voting as badly as eastern Europe did.

Well.. the whole show was great and I had a possibility to see the rehearsal on Friday.. and I'm still so excited of this all. And I'm glad that Finland had this change this year :$

But Finland may have a possibility to win in ice-hockey :angel:
Summer
Custom Title: FagHag

Postby Summer » 13 May 2007, 18:03

felx wrote:
Summer wrote:Serbia was not the right winners, awful.... I liked some songs tough, hot guys and funny artist couldnt be better

Eurovision is not about the beauty, and show.. :despise: .!!!!!! It is still about :angel: MUSIC!!!!!!

Oh it is about beauty and the show talent, also about the music obvisouly, maybe the most importent thing but I didnt like Serbias music

Return to “Eurovision 09”