Eurovision 2008

Temporary forum to discuss this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow in great detail ;)
Romka
Custom Title: SweClockers

Re: The Official Eurovision 2008 Topic

Postby Romka » 26 May 2008, 19:38

Kawai wrote:"However, they had a meaning with that song. Which I guess most of you dont know."
You blame people that they don't know the meaning of the song, but you don't even explain it.

"I think that people who hated the Russian contribution highly liked the Spanish one. This is a forum, stupid people are everywhere."
Excuse me but what you're saying is that people who liked the Spanish were stupid.

You're so full of yourself, seriously.

Ehh, are you a troublemaker? First you bash other people, and then you're trying to bash me? Do you think Im stupid or something? It seems that you didnt even understood the whole situation. What a pity.
Suzi
Previous username(s): Susi
Sexy Senorita
Custom Title: Sexy Senorita

Postby Suzi » 26 May 2008, 21:37

Flute Player wrote:
Kawai wrote:You really enjoyed the Portugal song ? I can't believe you, it was horrid ! The woman screaming was everything but pleasant lol.

That's because you obviously know nothing about the Portuguese Tradition in terms of music... Her song was inspired by Fado, a melancholic and sad kind of music. It was about losing her love in the sea, again a very common theme amongst the portuguese traditional music and literature. It is a song that reminds me and represents my country very well and made me very proud. Screaming? That was music! and it only proved that she is in fact, a great singer... She got every musical note right! Absolutelly perfect! :)

Portugal song remind me to the cantigas galego-portuguesas we had to study at school :D
Flutey
Mod
Custom Title: DDs Headnurse

Postby Flutey » 26 May 2008, 22:02

Susy wrote:
Flute Player wrote:
Kawai wrote:You really enjoyed the Portugal song ? I can't believe you, it was horrid ! The woman screaming was everything but pleasant lol.

That's because you obviously know nothing about the Portuguese Tradition in terms of music... Her song was inspired by Fado, a melancholic and sad kind of music. It was about losing her love in the sea, again a very common theme amongst the portuguese traditional music and literature. It is a song that reminds me and represents my country very well and made me very proud. Screaming? That was music! and it only proved that she is in fact, a great singer... She got every musical note right! Absolutelly perfect! :)

Portugal song remind me to the cantigas galego-portuguesas we had to study at school :D

That's the cultural part of it ;)
Sarahfan
Previous username(s): SARAHFAN
Custom Title: Sexy As Hell

Postby Sarahfan » 27 May 2008, 14:11

artziboi87 wrote:
Sarahfan wrote:I think that "Molitva" is the best song that Eurovision ever had...

:rolleyes:

I Know that it's your home-country but..

Ok, maybe I was too partial, but can you really give me 3 better songs???
Alec

Postby Alec » 27 May 2008, 14:39

Sarahfan wrote:
artziboi87 wrote:
Sarahfan wrote:I think that "Molitva" is the best song that Eurovision ever had...

:rolleyes:

I Know that it's your home-country but..

Ok, maybe I was too partial, but can you really give me 3 better songs???

1. Molitva.
2. Celine's winning song in 1988.
3. Ukraine's winning song in 2004.

My opinion

Kawai wrote:
shine00 wrote:
Flute Player wrote:Kawai, Belgium will vote for Turkey and Portugal! Why? Because the immigrants will vote for their own countries! Same goes with switzerland and france voting for Portugal.

OMG! Your so right about immigrants who are voting for their own countries. It explains a lot. :)

Well yeah, why do you think Belgium and Germany always give 12 points to Turkey ?

Sorry but Belgium didn't give 12 points to Turkey, they gave it to Armenia.
Kawai
Custom Title: Girls Aloud Lover

Postby Kawai » 27 May 2008, 14:41

Well...we gave 10 points to Turkey (and usually give 12 points to Turkey). Plus Belgium has a lot of people from Armenia as well.
Last edited by Kawai on 27 May 2008, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
artziboi
Custom Title: Who owns the throne

Postby artziboi » 27 May 2008, 14:45

[Alex] wrote:
Sarahfan wrote:Ok, maybe I was too partial, but can you really give me 3 better songs???

1. Molitva
2. Celine's 1988's winning song
3. Believe

My opinion

Ummm..Okay? Well, Maybe I'll shut my mouth this time. :angel:
Alec

Postby Alec » 27 May 2008, 14:53

Kawai wrote:Well...we gave 10 points to Turkey (and usually give 12 points to Turkey). Plus Belgium has a lot of people from Armenia as well.

I don't know about the rest, but I really liked Armenia's entry this year, I wanted it to win. I still can't get that song out of my head.
Kawai

Postby Kawai » 27 May 2008, 14:55

It wasn't bad at all, but I really enjoyed Greece somehow lol!
BrandyLyrics

Postby BrandyLyrics » 28 May 2008, 03:30

Dima Bilan's song Believe is the best song in Eurovision history.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 28 May 2008, 07:46

Kawai wrote:"However, they had a meaning with that song. Which I guess most of you dont know."
You blame people that they don't know the meaning of the song, but you don't even explain it.

"I think that people who hated the Russian contribution highly liked the Spanish one. This is a forum, stupid people are everywhere."
Excuse me but what you're saying is that people who liked the Spanish were stupid.

You're so full of yourself, seriously.

And you seem to know everything about everything, seriously.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 28 May 2008, 08:27

LOL!

Found it on some website.

"Oh, I liked the song until I saw that misserable idiot at the press conference (btw, I was there!!!). He is so slimy and he thinks he's a big star!! Oh,Madonna, watch out, Dima Bilan is here!!! LOL!!! My Gosh, he is so vain! OK, now seriously, all the other performers were staying in "Intercontinental" hotel in Belgrade, but nooooooooooo... Super-smashing-biggest-star-ever-wannabe (aka Dima Bilan!!) required that he MUST stay in "Hayat" hotel (OMG!!!!). And, by the way, he required as well: 300 condoms, 500 roses and 250 liters of champagne a day!!! I just wonder - what was he doing with all these condoms?? Chewing them or??? (guys, I am not joking, I worked over there during the time ESC took the time!). I am very sorry that Israel or Norway or Sweden or Armenia or Ukraine or BiH didn't win! It's such a shame!!!"
shine00

Postby shine00 » 28 May 2008, 10:27

Stas wrote:LOL!

Found it on some website.

"Oh, I liked the song until I saw that misserable idiot at the press conference (btw, I was there!!!). He is so slimy and he thinks he's a big star!! Oh,Madonna, watch out, Dima Bilan is here!!! LOL!!! My Gosh, he is so vain! OK, now seriously, all the other performers were staying in "Intercontinental" hotel in Belgrade, but nooooooooooo... Super-smashing-biggest-star-ever-wannabe (aka Dima Bilan!!) required that he MUST stay in "Hayat" hotel (OMG!!!!). And, by the way, he required as well: 300 condoms, 500 roses and 250 liters of champagne a day!!! I just wonder - what was he doing with all these condoms?? Chewing them or??? (guys, I am not joking, I worked over there during the time ESC took the time!). I am very sorry that Israel or Norway or Sweden or Armenia or Ukraine or BiH didn't win! It's such a shame!!!"

Our entry Simon Mathew was saing the same thing about him to the Danish press after he won. He was saying that Dima did not want to have anything to do with the other performers from the contest while they where there.

What a biaaatch. :o
Kawai

Postby Kawai » 28 May 2008, 12:44

:inlove:
shine00

Postby shine00 » 28 May 2008, 12:59

Former male model ? :think: Or should I say former gay model ? :D
artziboi
Custom Title: Who owns the throne

Postby artziboi » 28 May 2008, 13:02

These pictures are DEAD old, I KNEW those will come out again! Haha. There you go Dima! :devil:

He such a gross bitch.
Flutey
Mod

Postby Flutey » 28 May 2008, 13:08

I remember those pictures when he tried for eurovision in 2005... He had nicer ones, aswell
Mama Dee
Admin
Custom Title: Mother Denden

Postby Mama Dee » 28 May 2008, 13:15

he has a messy house...why didn't he tidy before taking pics? :dizzy: :p
Kawai

Postby Kawai » 28 May 2008, 13:20

artziboi87 wrote:He such a gross bitch.

He's such a nice bitch tho :inlove:
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 28 May 2008, 15:48

The organisers may consider stripping France, Germany, UK and Spain from their automatic finalist status, meaning they would need to qualify like the other countries, as a way to make them more part of the contest, according to organisers.

The viewing figures in the UK was down nearly 1million from last year. It's a sinking ship.
Tidus
Custom Title: Ring a ding

Postby Tidus » 28 May 2008, 18:42

The 2008 Bezençon Awards winners

During the Eurovision 2008 afterparty at this year's Euroclub, the traditional Marcel Bezençon Awards for Best Composition, the Artistic Award as well as the Press and the Fan Awards were presented to four of this year's participating countries.

The Marcel Bezençon Awards, named after the EBU director who in 1955 conceived the idea of the Eurovision Song Contest, have been given out since 2002 in three categories with one more being added this year. The Composer's Award winner this year was Andrei Tudor for his composition Pe o margine de lume, performed by Nico and Vlad Mirita for Romania. The winner of this award is voted for by all the composers participating in the final of contest.

Former Eurovision Song Contest winners vote for the Artistic Award which this year went to Ani Lorak from Ukraine. The Press Award, which is given to the most popular song among the accredited members of the press each year was awarded to the Portuguese entry Senhora do mar. Paulo Coelho's song, performed by Vania Fernandes, was one of the favourites of the fans and press members throughout both Eurovision weeks.

And last but not least a newly introduced award was presented this year, the Fan Award by Swedish website gylleneskor.se. Readers of the site had the opportunity to vote online for their favourite 2008 artist under the age of 25 which was non other but Armenia's Qele, qele performed by Sirusho.

From esctoday.com

Yay, at least Portugal won something, I guess.
myspace/facebook | I want nobody, nobody but you
Flutey
Mod

Postby Flutey » 28 May 2008, 18:47

Oh, we're good! :portugal:
Tidus
Custom Title: Ring a ding

Postby Tidus » 28 May 2008, 18:50

Oh I know :portugal:
myspace/facebook | I want nobody, nobody but you
Archie
Previous username(s): Archie69

Postby Archie » 28 May 2008, 19:05

I'm from RUssia ... but i really hate Bilan ... his song is terreble ,so as he's perfomance ... I really love Armenia and Israil ...

Return to “Eurovision 09”