UK Sales (Estimates)

Pick up the board and post on it, spam up the place if you want it.
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Re: UK Sales (Estimates)

Postby mysterious » 30 Mar 2012, 15:48

^that's what crossed my mind.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 30 Mar 2012, 15:54

Another sad fact, regarding the total for 'Wordshaker' - three Girls Aloud albums sold more than Wordshaker's total in just the first week of sale alone. Which also means these albums outsold 'On Your Radar' in perhaps just 3 or 4 days.

The funny thing is is that Girls Aloud's album sales at the time weren't even regarded as anything particularly special. Two of the GA albums that sold under 400k were practically thought of as flops (or as under-performances, if people were being kinder). Whereas 'Chasing Lights' looks like a huge smash hit in context of their own albums. I also remember Sugababes' Change album "only" selling 500,000 was thought to be a huge disappointment for them! :laugh: The Saturdays would feel like they were on top of the world with such sales! I already feel they're quite big for their boots regardless of their pretty poor sales... but that's another story.
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 30 Mar 2012, 16:00

it is quite strange actually. but I'm glad that those low sales haven't prevented Polydor/Fascination to keep them going.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 30 Mar 2012, 20:37

I've always felt that Polydor have only kept the Sats on while Girls Aloud were on a break - as a sort of second rate replacement. I'm probably wrong, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Girls Aloud announced that they were reuniting full time for say five more albums or something, but I couldn't imagine the Saturdays being on the same label for long.

And Jay, please expand on the 'too big for their boots' story, I'm intrigued now! :D
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 31 Mar 2012, 01:16

It's just how I feel they come across sometimes! But really, I think that's just the occasional way Rochelle acts and it reflects a little badly on them all lol.
Patrick
Custom Title: My name is Patrick

Postby Patrick » 31 Mar 2012, 02:02

Jay wrote:It's just how I feel they come across sometimes! But really, I think that's just the occasional way Rochelle acts and it reflects a little badly on them all lol.

Only Rochelle? I always felt a bit weird about how unprofessional The Saturdays come across while watching some of their documentaries. :Dizzy:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 31 Mar 2012, 12:32

Any examples? :D I can't remember many significant moments from their documentary. Other than the classic "omg we're only #3 *sad face*". :laugh:
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 31 Mar 2012, 14:00

I agree on that I just think it's Rochelle - but I can't really explain why and what she does that annoys me.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 31 Mar 2012, 21:01

"WE'VE BEEN TELLING PEOPLE WE'RE NUMBAR WUN!!!!"
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 01 Apr 2012, 00:15

Rochelle is not impressed with us right now.

TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 01 Apr 2012, 12:29

Rochelle does get really annoying over their number ones etc. Telling people they're number 1 before they're not, opening champagne after being number 1 on itunes for about an hour.. Get a grip woman!

If they ever do actually get a number 1, I dread to think what shrieking banshees they will descend in to.

Return to “The Saturdays”