All Saints

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Jamie

Re: All Saints

Postby Jamie » 19 Oct 2016, 21:21

How dare Shaznay have a drink when she's not singing! What a bitch! How dare she quench her thirst so she survives as a human being! Sack her!
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 19 Oct 2016, 21:24

wow, what a terrible audience. It looks like a random performance on a night club, not a place full of people that bought a ticket to actually see them perform.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Spice-Invaders

Postby Spice-Invaders » 19 Oct 2016, 23:42

Why did people go to a concert to have a chat and a laugh and not listen to the artist? makes the who hurts who video almost unbearable to watch unfortunately... Thank you to the one who did took the video and shared <3 I so wish I was able to go :(
icecream

Postby icecream » 20 Oct 2016, 18:29

Spice-Invaders wrote:Why did people go to a concert to have a chat and a laugh and not listen to the artist? makes the who hurts who video almost unbearable to watch unfortunately... Thank you to the one who did took the video and shared <3 I so wish I was able to go :(

The venues they have chosen wasnt like a normal concert it was more like a party/club section. Where there is a stage and there are bars. Because there was a long wait people will drink and it was like 3 hours after since the doors opened when they came out on stage. By that time most people are drunk.
Spice-Invaders

Postby Spice-Invaders » 20 Oct 2016, 20:02

icecream wrote:
Spice-Invaders wrote:Why did people go to a concert to have a chat and a laugh and not listen to the artist? makes the who hurts who video almost unbearable to watch unfortunately... Thank you to the one who did took the video and shared <3 I so wish I was able to go :(

The venues they have chosen wasnt like a normal concert it was more like a party/club section. Where there is a stage and there are bars. Because there was a long wait people will drink and it was like 3 hours after since the doors opened when they came out on stage. By that time most people are drunk.

Ooh ok thank you that explains a lot then... bad decision I guess cause even for them must have been terrible to play in front of an audience who's not totally into the show.
UnusualChris

Postby UnusualChris » 20 Oct 2016, 21:00

icecream wrote:

I go to a lot of gigs at 'O2 Academy' venues, mostly for rock bands, and while there is a lot of drinking going on before and during the show I've never had any issues with people talking too loud or being disruptive except for the occasional mosh pit.

I went to their show at Koko in April and found the crowd incredibly loud and rude there too, which is why I didn't bother getting tickets for this tour cause I expected the same. The Koko is another venue with a lot of bars but it's never been as bad as All Saints.
Fanatik
Previous username(s): Marcito

Postby Fanatik » 21 Oct 2016, 20:48

I don´t really think the problem was the venues. People were there for the hits only and that´s what they will concentrate and enjoy. I was there in London, front row, most of the people only knew the famous songs, not even the solo ones (I though at least Don´t Worry would be recognized there).
----------------------------------------------
See my music collection at

http://www.discogs.com/user/marcio.miotto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Norm
Previous username(s): Norman
the norm
ShakespearsMister
Custom Title: KILLER QUEEN

Postby Norm » 22 Oct 2016, 19:24

I came across this previously unseen video of All Saints 1.9.7.5. (Shaznay and Mel) performing 'Let's Get Started' and the original version of 'I Know Where It's At' (with various lyric/arrangement changes) live in 1995:

This must be the first time anyone has heard this line up perform 'I Know Where It's At' - an exciting find!
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 22 Oct 2016, 19:47

i'm not that big of a fan so don't their story

didn't know they started as a duo.

how come they recluted 2 new members? why did they do it? did they hold an audition?

where the big-ish when they were a duo?
tommie

Postby tommie » 22 Oct 2016, 20:09

PeruvianSpice wrote:i'm not that big of a fan so don't their story

how come they recluted 2 new members? why did they do it? did they hold an audition?

Actually, they started as a trio with Simone Rainford as their third member (she passed away the other year).

Looking at their performances as a duo, it was obvious that they needed to fill up numbers as they looked hella awkward.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 22 Oct 2016, 20:11

tommie wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:i'm not that big of a fan so don't their story

Actually, they started as a trio with Simone Rainford as their third member (she passed away the other year).

Looking at their performances as a duo, it was obvious that they needed to fill up numbers as they looked hella awkward.

Thanks

More info I didn't know. So a trio. What happened to the 3rd girl? They ditched her or she quit?
tommie

Postby tommie » 22 Oct 2016, 20:13

She "quit", but who knows really. It's all sugarcoated but supposedly she and Mel Blatt clashed.

Their actual first single as All Saints 1.9.7.5.:

PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 22 Oct 2016, 21:13

Thanks for the info
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 22 Oct 2016, 21:41

They are supporting Take That on every date of their 2017 arena tour.

http://www.key103.co.uk/local/take-that ... live-tour/
tommie

Postby tommie » 22 Oct 2016, 21:47

schizophonic_spice wrote:They are supporting Take That on every date of their 2017 arena tour.

http://www.key103.co.uk/local/take-that ... live-tour/

unlyke spajs gajls dey r her 2 stay (another day) x
Fanatik

Postby Fanatik » 22 Oct 2016, 21:50

Feels so good to know that they are not planning to stop anytime soon... all I want is more music and live concerts from them!

http://www.discogs.com/user/marcio.miotto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 22 Oct 2016, 22:02

They would be crazy not to release another album at the time of this tour. I'm sure that's the plan.
Javi

Postby Javi » 23 Oct 2016, 00:54

schizophonic_spice wrote:They would be crazy not to release another album at the time of this tour. I'm sure that's the plan.

I doubt they plan to have another brand new album ready for April/May 2017. I can see them re-releasing the current one with a new single and a couple of new songs, though.

They're the supporting act, so I'd expect them to sing only some hit singles. There's no room for random (new) album tracks that Take That's fans won't probably even know, so having a new album out because of this tour doesn't really make much sense, does it?

Also, they released the new album 2 years after the BSB tour, so I really can't see them rushing a new one this time either. Like I said, the most I can see them doing is releasing a 4th single from the album, either a new song for a re-release or another from the current edition.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 23 Oct 2016, 01:11

Javi wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:They would be crazy not to release another album at the time of this tour. I'm sure that's the plan.

I doubt they plan to have another brand new album ready for April/May 2017. I can see them re-releasing the current one with a new single and a couple of new songs, though.

They're the supporting act, so I'd expect them to sing only some hit singles. There's no room for random (new) album tracks that Take That's fans won't probably even know, so having a new album out because of this tour doesn't really make much sense, does it?

Also, they released the new album 2 years after the BSB tour, so I really can't see them rushing a new one this time either. Like I said, the most I can see them doing is releasing a 4th single from the album, either a new song for a re-release or another from the current edition.

Apparently they told fans who met them at the tour meet and greet that they are recording the follow up to Red Flag but don't have a planned release date. I see little point in a re release.

I could see them releasing another next year for sure. I doubt they'll wait years between releases again like before.
Javi

Postby Javi » 23 Oct 2016, 13:10

^I see little point in releasing a new album because of a tour where they won't sing those new songs because they're a supporting act and they have to entertain other act's audience with songs they might know. :shrug:

And they started recording 'Red Flag' in 2014 after the BSB tour and released it 2 years later, so, again, I don't see them rushing a new album in 5 months.
Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Postby Mikerecords » 23 Oct 2016, 13:37

I spoke to a fan who have met them during their tour with a VIP ticket. They will record the new album in january / february and it will have the 'tribal' sound from Red Flag's last tracks.
THE sequel to GEM's "Song For Her"...
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKNs7v1ONA
The 'Song For Me' release date is scheduled for May 16.
The single will be released on online channels including Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport and more.

http://www.instagram.com/the004official
Fanatik

Postby Fanatik » 23 Oct 2016, 23:11

Mikerecords wrote:I spoke to a fan who have met them during their tour with a VIP ticket. They will record the new album in january / february and it will have the 'tribal' sound from Red Flag's last tracks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Only if they are talking about Ratchet Behaviour, not Tribal and Pieces...

Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Postby Mikerecords » 23 Oct 2016, 23:25

Yes, I think they meant the last half of the album tracklist.
THE sequel to GEM's "Song For Her"...
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKNs7v1ONA
The 'Song For Me' release date is scheduled for May 16.
The single will be released on online channels including Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport and more.

http://www.instagram.com/the004official
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 24 Oct 2016, 00:11

I think they will need a new stylist for their next campaign. Give the black /sparkly jackets a break and try something different.

I love Red Flag but I don't want another album full of tribal sounds, maybe work with someone who can give them a hit?
[ben]
Custom Title: dere n ara deg ata i

Postby [ben] » 24 Oct 2016, 06:14

Yes, they definitely need to mix the production up on the next album. More of the same will be boring.
Временами и дурак умно говорит.

Return to “Music”