The Saturdays

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
SpiceDreamer

Re: The Saturdays

Postby SpiceDreamer » 20 Feb 2016, 14:46

But Una is going to release her album with the same label of the group? Cannot wait. I have great expectations from her in terms of music.
And I have to admit I'm really curious about Mollie being on her own and the music direction she's gonna take.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 20 Feb 2016, 15:02

The first paragraph read like 'we gave you this much you aint getting anything else'.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 20 Feb 2016, 15:27

Poor Frankies section was so uninteresting it had to mention her appearing on the Jungle spin off show.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 20 Feb 2016, 15:51

schizophonic_spice wrote:Poor Frankies section was so uninteresting it had to mention her appearing on the Jungle spin off show.

But it,s been non-stop for her this year!!!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 20 Feb 2016, 17:28

So the two former S Club Juniors members are the two with no interest in carving out a music solo career. The moment has definitely passed for Frankie, but at one point I think she could have been "the Cheryl" of the group (i.e. the most commercially viable one). Also I think Rochelle ended up being the strongest vocalist for the group in its last few years, so it's a shame she isn't giving it a go.

I heard that 'Relationship Goals' song from Vanessa (last year was it?) and I found it so unappealing that I really don't feel motivated to check out her EP, oops.

Kind of interested about Una's album. Can't help but feel a bit incredulous about Mollie's potential, but nevertheless I'm intrigued.
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 20 Feb 2016, 23:25

Haven't checked out Vanessa's ep yet but I'll give it a shot.
Interested in Una's solo album so I plan to listen to that and somewhat excited for solo music from Mollie I feel like she'll release something I'll really like.
Waluigi
Custom Title: I like tourdles.

Postby Waluigi » 21 Apr 2016, 21:48

I'm sure whoever interviewed her manipulated her words to stir up a little controversy, but this still makes me a bit disappointed to read :sad:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fa ... ulous.html

She looks really great on the cover, though.

schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 21 Apr 2016, 21:56

Quite a manipulative title indeed when it says in the article it was management she had a problem with not the other girls as that title would suggest.

Also they couldn't even get her time in the band correct. Nine years would indicate they were still an active band now.

As for the Saturdays reforming I don't really see it especially given that they tied it all up with a greatest hits before ending. Are they even still signed to Fascination?
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 21 Apr 2016, 22:28

That's the part of the cover people have an issue with ? no1 bats an eyelid at her sleeping with 2,500 women or is this taken out of context? :dizzy: x
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 21 Apr 2016, 22:30

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:That's the part of the cover people have an issue with ? no1 bats an eyelid at her sleeping with 2,500 women or is this taken out of context? :dizzy: x

Haha I suspect that is another story inside the magazine. :p

Yeah click on the link and it reveals this.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 21 Apr 2016, 22:42

these days you can,t look down on promiscuous slappers but come on that would be rotten x
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 24 Apr 2016, 18:45

Liberated and loving life, it’s hard to imagine Vanessa returning to the rigid structure of a girl band, where her freedom to sing the music she loves and wear her choice of clothing was so restricted.

You surely don’t invest time, money, heart and soul into a solo project if you’re planning to return to a band?

“That’s true,” nods Vanessa, apparently confirming her reluctance to go back. “We haven’t had that [break-up] conversation, but we haven’t had a conversation where we plan to do something. So I’m in f**king limbo here and I’m in the f**king band!

“I’m bored of saying: ‘We’re going to do something,’ because I don’t know what ‘it’ is.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fa ... ageandlink

She reminds me of Melanie C in her bitter against the Spice Girls phase.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 24 Apr 2016, 18:48

Except mel c at that point had some relevance to pop culture :think: x
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 24 Apr 2016, 18:54

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:Except mel c at that point had some relevance to pop culture :think: x

Well I certainly don't see her having a

Solo moment. ;)
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 24 Apr 2016, 18:56

the average member of the public woudln,t know who vanessa is, in 1999 you can pretty much guarantee melanie c was a household name x
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 25 Apr 2016, 22:04

schizophonic_spice wrote:
Liberated and loving life, it’s hard to imagine Vanessa returning to the rigid structure of a girl band, where her freedom to sing the music she loves and wear her choice of clothing was so restricted.

You surely don’t invest time, money, heart and soul into a solo project if you’re planning to return to a band?

“That’s true,” nods Vanessa, apparently confirming her reluctance to go back. “We haven’t had that [break-up] conversation, but we haven’t had a conversation where we plan to do something. So I’m in f**king limbo here and I’m in the f**king band!

“I’m bored of saying: ‘We’re going to do something,’ because I don’t know what ‘it’ is.”

Hardly - Vanessa has hardly said anything bad, just that they literally haven't had the conversation and that she litreally doesn't know if or when they're gonna do anything.
kamel

Postby kamel » 25 Apr 2016, 22:20

Her music will flop, she needs to do some reality shows to stay on showbiz world.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 25 Apr 2016, 23:17

Jamie wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:

Hardly - Vanessa has hardly said anything bad, just that they literally haven't had the conversation and that she litreally doesn't know if or when they're gonna do anything.

I said she reminded me of her not that she was exactly like her.

The whole the music not being the style that interested her and then her negative attitude towards them reforming were the similarities. Mel seemed more bitter and obviously Vanessa has never been rude about her band mates though.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 26 Apr 2016, 14:57

It's exactly the same attitude minus the depression factor, which was was made Mel be angry and bitter. But the background thoughts are the same "I'm over the group and I'm focusing on my solo stuff which is the style I truly love".
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 05 May 2016, 14:25

did anyone know about this?
or am i just late to the party :D

addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 05 May 2016, 14:46

Actually prefer the Sats version

When I first heard it, I thought it'd be another number one for the Sats, terribly wrong :p
IconicSpice

Postby IconicSpice » 07 May 2016, 15:35

I haven't listened to any of Vanessa's solo material (I didn't know she was a solo artist :despise:) and as for Mollie having a solo career, I don't think she really has the vocal chops or relevance to sell any records. As for the other three, Una can stay safely in Ireland and have a fruitful career on the voice and maybe sell records there, Frankie can live happily as a WAG and make money from OK! and Hello magazine covers! And Rochelle who is the undisputed star of the band can carry on with her successful television career and Very fashion range!

People have forgotten about them as a band now and the last album was weak, I think they should do a short farewell UK tour and leave it at that.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 07 May 2016, 15:45

IconicSpice wrote:as for Mollie having a solo career, I don't think she really has the vocal chops or relevance to sell any records..

Geri Halliwell and Cheryl Cole say hi.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 07 May 2016, 15:57

Both of whom were household names when they went solo, the average music consumer won,t be able to name molly or any of the Saturdays except maybe the employed who watch rachelle on This Morning x
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 07 May 2016, 16:10

Sadly Mollie won't sell records but it will have nothing to do with her voice or the music.

Even major platforms like being a judge don't even help much anymore look at Tulisa in 2012 and Alesha Dixon last year.

Cheryl was lucky that she was a judge when X Factor was at a phenomenal peak in 2009. That and the fact she was the media golden girl for a while.

Return to “Music”