The Pussycat Dolls

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Dave87

Re: The Pussycat Dolls

Postby Dave87 » 13 Jul 2012, 05:49

I miss the Dolls!
artziboi
Custom Title: Who owns the throne

Postby artziboi » 13 Jul 2012, 10:57

I miss them terribly. They were fine group but can't see these girls taking it too far...
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 13 Jul 2012, 11:12

I'm glad Lauren and Paula are still part of the line up. I'm kinda surprised to see Natalie in there since her former Girlicious bandmate Chrystina was part of the previous line up of PCD. Her voice is much better than Natalie's...
-Raul-

Postby -Raul- » 06 May 2013, 23:54

So after all this time waiting, it seems PCD will not have new members, and instead they are a new group, called GRL (dunno what it means yet).
Robin has said she wants a future original PCD girls reunion, so if the girls return some day, the PCD place will be there.
Sad really, as Lauren and Paula have been almost 2 years waiting, promised to be a PCD, and now they are just a girlgroup and we all know what will eventually happen LOL
This is the girls lineup changes:
@ListenAnyway
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 Aug 2015, 00:16

tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Aug 2015, 01:02

I hope Jade Ewen is a part of the new line-up. x
kamel

Postby kamel » 04 Aug 2015, 01:10

tommie wrote:I hope Jade Ewen is a part of the new line-up. x

LOL or Jenny frost :p
Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 04 Aug 2015, 07:14

Jay wrote:According to The Sun newspaper, The Pussycat Dolls are reuniting! - https://twitter.com/danwootton/status/6 ... 0096286721 / https://twitter.com/danwootton/status/6 ... 1263322112

It's about time ! :dee: :music:

I think it may be true. I tweeted about it and Carmit favorited the tweet. :)
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Aug 2015, 13:41

WHEN the PUSSYCAT DOLLS split five years ago in the most acrimonious of showbiz fallouts, I wouldn’t have predicted a reunion.

The other cat ladies turned on the girl band’s standout member NICOLE SCHERZINGER as she plotted a big future as a solo star.

But circumstances are very different in 2015 after Nicole was axed by record label RCA, dropped from The X Factor’s judging panel and left heartbroken following her split with her long-term boyfriend, F1 star LEWIS HAMILTON.

Now I’ve learned the ladies behind Noughties mega hits such as Buttons and Don’t Cha are in talks about reuniting.

Apparently, Nicole’s feud with fellow Dolls KIMBLERLY WYATT, ASHLEY ROBERTS, MELODY THORNTON and JESSICA SUTTA is now over.

My Dolls source revealed: “The band are in talks about reuniting soon and they are trying to see if they can get all of the girls together to do it.

“The fall-outs and bitching from back in the day are all water under the bridge now.

“Nicole has seen most of the girls on and off over the years and she’s ready to get back together.

“Rather than trying to patch up their differences, it’s more about working out how to get everyone in the studio and see what it will actually sound like.”

In a new interview, Nicole further raised hopes of a return to the days of Dolls Domination.

She said of a reunion: “I don’t see why not. I miss it. I miss the girls.

“It was such a crazy time for us that stepping away from it now and taking some time away from it I’m like ‘I wanna be able to do it again and really enjoy it and take it in and enjoy the travels with the girls’.

“I think in due time if it’s meant to be, that would be a lot of fun and a blessing.”

Sounds to me like a very happening thing.

The cynics will, of course, suggest Nicole is only interested in tapping into her Pussycat past again because her last solo release, On The Rocks, charted at No90.

But in fairness, every time I’ve spoken to Nic about the Dolls over the past few years she’s always been open to the idea of getting back together when the time is right.

Don’t cha wish them the best of luck . . .

No mention of Carmit.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 04 Aug 2015, 14:28

The cynics will, of course, suggest Nicole is only interested in tapping into her Pussycat past again because her last solo release, On The Rocks, charted at No90.

But in fairness, every time I’ve spoken to Nic about the Dolls over the past few years she’s always been open to the idea of getting back together when the time is right.

And the right time is obviously after a solo career fiasco. I would also be open to go back to the hell of the Agency I worked in years ago if the time is right, like, I'm left with no job and I desperately need the money.

If her last solo album had been huge, she wouldn't think now it's the right time, cause she'd be focused on the recording of a 3rd album.

I don't see them being successful again. The PCD thing was a very 00s thing. Their look, sound, style... Everything screamed 00s. Nowadays they would be Nicole Scherzinger with some backing dancers cause she's too famous on her own. Back then it worked cause she was just the lead singer, but she wasn't famous as a solo celebrity. Nowadays it would be like Beyonce reuniting with LaTavia, LeToya, LeWhatever and so on (except for the huge solo success factor). It won't work, same as her solo career didn't work.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 04 Aug 2015, 14:34

I think all the girls should have equal singing parts now. They've all went solo, and I don't think people care about Nicole that much, she's just a girl group material.
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Aug 2015, 15:12

In all honesty, I still wonder if this "reunion" will end up being Nicole, one or two of the original girls plus Girlicious, Paradiso Girls and G.R.L.s cast-offs. :satan:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 Aug 2015, 19:07

Kimberly has denied it.

----

Also, I can't speak for worldwide but I can for the UK: Ashley & Kimberly are well known in their own right here, due to presenting and reality TV work. Ashley came 2nd place on 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' and was a judge on Dancing On Ice, while Kimberly recently won Celebrity Masterchef (both have many more TV credits to their names, but those are the most notable).

Obviously Nicole has outdone them both, and is more well known in general - but she's not necessarily as well liked. A PCD reunion in terms of the UK would definitely be more than just Nicole Nicole Nicole.

Whenever/if they do reunite, I'm not sure whether it should be a "nostaglia" thing or a fully fledged comeback. I guess there could still be a place for them given the lack of successful girl groups out there these days (in the Western world). Fifth Harmony have finally had a hit of note, but whether they sustain a career is debatable. Otherwise it's basically Little Mix.
belgo

Postby belgo » 04 Aug 2015, 19:35

Melancholie wrote:I think all the girls should have equal singing parts now. They've all went solo, and I don't think people care about Nicole that much, she's just a girl group material.

LOL, would be hilarious.

I can already imagine Ashley or Kimberly singing lead vocals on some of their former hits.

Carcrash waiting to happen.

There's a reason why Nicole was the lead vocalist. :)
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 04 Aug 2015, 22:41

i think it could work if they came back. i don't agree with the whole they're too 00's, they just have to update their sound.

when i first heard animals by maroon 5, i instantly thought that this would have been the perfect come back song for PCD, it just fits their whole persona, image, performance and is current. i can totally imagine nicole singing the song and melody backing and doing her runs on it. if they were to come back, i think this is the kind of sound they should go for.

AND THEY SHOULD ONLY DO A REUNION WITH THESE 5, NO REPLACEMENTS - it seems silly to even suggest replacements since none of them were while they were active.
Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 05 Aug 2015, 00:20

belgo wrote:
Melancholie wrote:I think all the girls should have equal singing parts now. They've all went solo, and I don't think people care about Nicole that much, she's just a girl group material.

LOL, would be hilarious.

I can already imagine Ashley or Kimberly singing lead vocals on some of their former hits.

Carcrash waiting to happen.

There's a reason why Nicole was the lead vocalist. :)

Ashley was one of the lead vocalists in the Burlesque troupe. She can sing as can Jessica. The only person who's voice is kinda iffy is Kimberly's and even she did a solo record so I'm sure she's grown vocally. It has been 5 years. I wouldn't want them to share leads on every song but at least give them some lines in a few songs. TBH we don't need another Doll Domination album.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 05 Aug 2015, 00:38

Dave87 wrote:TBH we don't need another Doll Domination album.

We don't need another pussydoll albam at all :death: x
artziboi
Custom Title: Who owns the throne

Postby artziboi » 05 Aug 2015, 10:00

Should be different this time around where the rest of the Dolls have solo tracks out now. So I guess the dynamics would change quite a bit!

But Kimberly denied it on Instagram and Jessica has her first solo album coming out so I can't see it happening yet. As good as it would be :love:
tommie

Postby tommie » 05 Aug 2015, 14:30

artziboi wrote:But Kimberly denied it on Instagram and Jessica has her first solo album coming out so I can't see it happening yet. As good as it would be :love:

Jessica's solo album would only be helped by the publicity of reuniting with the Dolls to be fair.

All groups tend deny these sort of things before it's official any way...
Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 05 Aug 2015, 15:12

They're probably negotiating their solo lines in PCD songs...
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 07 Aug 2015, 18:44

I will only be onboard with this reunion if it's not going to be another Nicole & the 4/5 background girls. We knew that the other girls can sing, as proven through their solo records. Kimberly probably is the weakest in terms of vocals, but she is known for her great dancing skills. But I would still want her to sing a couple of lines. They could make this work if it's a shared spotlight with good sounds.
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 07 Aug 2015, 22:00

^ i don't really know if that would work. their whole brand was built and centred around nicole being the lead singer. and lets face it what an amazing leader she was. they all focused on their strengths to make the group work which is why they were so great live. nicole singing lead, melody doing her runs, jessica, ashley, kimberly being amazing dancers.

ranking their dance skill
1. Kimberly
2. Ashley
3. Jessica
4. Nicole
5. Melody

Vocal Skill
1. Nicole
2. Melody
3. Jessica
4. Ashley
5. Kimberly
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 08 Aug 2015, 16:16

^The thing is that we never know how the group will do if they share the vocals. They could still have Nicole as the lead singer, they can do something like "Beep" where the girls can take turns in having to sing a few lines. I think Nicole thinks she is too good for the team at the later stage of "Doll Domination", which caused the tension.

Oh well, let's just wait and see.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 08 Aug 2015, 18:58

I'd love a good documentary on the Pussycat Dolls warts and all. A Sugababe one would be even better though.
Filip

Postby Filip » 08 Aug 2015, 19:07

90% of the public saw PCD as Nicole with a few backing vocals / dancers behind her and doesn't even remember their faces, let alone their names.
They never wrote their own music as far as I'm aware, so I don't see the point of this reunion. Nicole could gather any other 4 girls and perform as PCD. :shrug:

Return to “Music”