Shakira

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
SpiceWonderland

Re: Shakira

Postby SpiceWonderland » 16 Jan 2014, 10:14

The new song is good, but not great. We're STILL waiting for Truth or Dare!
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 16 Jan 2014, 22:33

hopefully she'll release "truth or dare" sooner rather than later
PopIsHot
Custom Title: Hotter Now

Postby PopIsHot » 02 Feb 2014, 09:16

Hopefully it will appear on Shakira the album.

She looks great in the music video of I Can't Remember to Forget You.
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 25 Feb 2014, 20:12

New single/song, Empire, it's intense!

Also tracklisting:

1. Dare (La La La)
2. Can’t Remember to Forget You (feat. Rihanna)
3. Empire
4. You Don’t Care About Me
5. Cut Me Deep
6. Spotlight
7. Broken Record
8. Medicine (feat. Blake Shelton)
9. 23
10. The One Thing
11. Nunca me acuerdo de olvidarte
12. Loca por ti
13. La La La
Target Bonus Tracks:
1. Chasing Shadows
2. The Way
3. Mad About You
[Dan]

Postby [Dan] » 25 Feb 2014, 20:58

I didn't think Can't Remember To Forget You was anything amazing, but Empire is seriously good! Listened to it so many times today!
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 25 Feb 2014, 22:36

Empire reminds me SO MUC of early Alanis Morissette

I like it
Cory-Jayne
Previous username(s): Corky & CoryJ

Postby Cory-Jayne » 27 Feb 2014, 05:01

Ooo! I like Empire! It's been a while since I've heard from Shakira, very pleased!!!
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 27 Feb 2014, 10:30

PeruvianSpice wrote:Empire reminds me SO MUCH of early Alanis Morissette

I like it

+1
mats

Postby mats » 27 Feb 2014, 14:31

I still love Can't Remember To Forget You and Empire sounds good too.
It sounds like this album might be good :)
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 17 Mar 2014, 23:39

Recognize the song? ;)
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 18 Mar 2014, 07:36

i thought "can't remember to forget you" would o better

i mean, i expected a top 5 with Rihanna on it

i thought Shakira was bigger than that
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 20 Mar 2014, 06:48

it leaked... dunno where but it has

i already have Heard "dare" and sounds good
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 21 Mar 2014, 00:29

I heard it too.....and it was amazing. I think the whole album leaked, actually. Besides, it's out in Germany tomorrow.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 21 Mar 2014, 15:08

The album is actually nice. It's quite variated and it touches a lot of styles. It's definitely better than 'Sale El Sol'. It's quite melodic and full of "I'm so in love with Pique" lyrics, but in her typical style (when it comes to the lyrics). The whole thing kind of brings me back to the Laundry Service era, although a bit weaker. But definitely quite enjoyable and more instant than her previous efforts.

The only thing I don't like is that it kind of looks like she's totally lost her direction. Nearly all the songs sound like someone else's track. I got reminiscences of a lot of other artists while listening to the album. It kind of looks like she picked good songs from different artists from now and then and asked producers for similar-sounding tracks.

'Spotlight' and 'The One Thing' remind me a lot of Avril Lavigne.
'Medicine' has the same vibe as 'I Need You Now' classic.
'Broken Record' sounds like 'Hey There Delilah'.
'Can't Remember To Forget You' obviously sounds like the old Rihanna.
'Dare (La La La)' sounds like J.Lo/Pitbull.
'Loca Por Ti' also sounds a lot like another song I can't recall, not sure if it's a cover or what.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
mats

Postby mats » 25 Mar 2014, 15:58

The video for Empire is out
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 25 Mar 2014, 16:57

IER wrote:The album is actually nice. It's quite variated and it touches a lot of styles. It's definitely better than 'Sale El Sol'. It's quite melodic and full of "I'm so in love with Pique" lyrics, but in her typical style (when it comes to the lyrics). The whole thing kind of brings me back to the Laundry Service era, although a bit weaker. But definitely quite enjoyable and more instant than her previous efforts.

The only thing I don't like is that it kind of looks like she's totally lost her direction. Nearly all the songs sound like someone else's track. I got reminiscences of a lot of other artists while listening to the album. It kind of looks like she picked good songs from different artists from now and then and asked producers for similar-sounding tracks.

'Spotlight' and 'The One Thing' remind me a lot of Avril Lavigne.
'Medicine' has the same vibe as 'I Need You Now' classic.
'Broken Record' sounds like 'Hey There Delilah'.
'Can't Remember To Forget You' obviously sounds like the old Rihanna.
'Dare (La La La)' sounds like J.Lo/Pitbull.
'Loca Por Ti' also sounds a lot like another song I can't recall, not sure if it's a cover or what.

I like it better than some of her previous albums

It's got nice rhythms...

Yeah, some songs remind me of some other artists but that's ok

I also agree "Dare" sounds like "On The Floor" by J.Lo but I love it

Does anyone know the tracklist?

I mean, I've seen many versions

Spanish Version (with another song other and "Berg Per tu" instead of "Loca Por Ti" which is the same song in french, I think
English Version (the album opens with Can't Rememer To Forget You)
English Version-Target (the álbum opens with "Dare", which I think it's just called "La La La")

Any idea?
JVSG

Postby JVSG » 25 Mar 2014, 18:26

Wikipedia lists the various tracklists, so I've been using the ones posted on there.

Boig per tu is a Catalan song. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a cover.

I just listened to the full album & it's a solid album. I'm disappointed that she didn't co-write every song as she did in the past, but at least she co-produced those songs, so at least she's involved in the creative process on every song. I'm also glad that none of the Akon or Ne-yo songs made the album! :puke: Still, however, she hasn't released a truly creative & original album since Fijacion oral/Oral Fixation. Luckily, her well-written songs like Sale el sol & Antes de las seis keep me coming back for more.

I was afraid that Roc Nation would try to make her a Rihanna clone, but fortunately this hasn't happened. Dare (La La La)/La La La is good, but a bit too generic. For dance songs, I prefer Shakira's quirky & unique ones like She Wolf & Whenever, Wherever. I like Can't Remember to Forget You/Nunca me acuerdo de olvidarte because of its reggae vibe & catchy tune.

Whatever doubts I had about the album vanished once I got into the middle of the album with its classic Shakira love songs. Spotlight, Broken Record, & 23 are probably my favorites after this first listen. The romance of these songs reminds me a lot of FO/OF, which is a good thing because OF is my favorite English album of hers. I'm glad that the classic Shakira I know & love as a songwriter is still there on this record! The only thing that's confusing is that she wrote these personal songs for Gerard & Milan in English! Wouldn't they have been even more personal in Spanish?! I hope that this was her decision & not the label/management telling her to write songs on in English for the album!
Javi

Postby Javi » 25 Mar 2014, 19:05

JVSG wrote:The only thing that's confusing is that she wrote these personal songs for Gerard & Milan in English! Wouldn't they have been even more personal in Spanish?! I hope that this was her decision & not the label/management telling her to write songs on in English for the album!

Well, Milan is bound to grow up bilingual so I guess he won't notice a difference when he's able to actually understand the song. And Gerard speaks English anyway, so it's not like he won't understand the songs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the spanish versions of '23' and 'That Way' do exist and end up being released sooner or later. Like she did with 'Ojos Así' and 'Las De La Intuición' whose english versions were released later on different albums/singles.
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 25 Mar 2014, 19:36

I'm hearing that Empire was just a promo single and that single release of Dare is coming soon. Hope it's true!
JVSG

Postby JVSG » 26 Mar 2014, 14:39

IER wrote:
JVSG wrote:The only thing that's confusing is that she wrote these personal songs for Gerard & Milan in English! Wouldn't they have been even more personal in Spanish?! I hope that this was her decision & not the label/management telling her to write songs on in English for the album!

Well, Milan is bound to grow up bilingual so I guess he won't notice a difference when he's able to actually understand the song. And Gerard speaks English anyway, so it's not like he won't understand the songs.

Thanks, I didn't know that Gerard spoke English too but still, she mainly speaks to both of them in Spanish, so I'd imagine that a Spanish song would be more personal. :shrug:
mr_forever
Custom Title: [stitched]

Postby mr_forever » 26 Mar 2014, 18:10

its a pretty good album,..!
im loving it, and its only from the very first listen..
didn't expect to like it at all!!
Javi

Postby Javi » 26 Mar 2014, 19:05

JVSG wrote:
IER wrote:

Thanks, I didn't know that Gerard spoke English too but still, she mainly speaks to both of them in Spanish, so I'd imagine that a Spanish song would be more personal. :shrug:

Well, we don't know what language they speak at home. Obviously they both speak in spanish to each other, but maybe since Milan was born they're talking in both languages to make the baby grow up used to both languages. Who knows.

But I think yeah, she probably wrote both songs in spanish and then included the english versions on the album for commercial purposes.
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 27 Mar 2014, 13:45

I've just listened to the album (and reviewed it for my blog, if you're interested: http://www.thebiatchestalk.com/2014/03/ ... eview.html) and I thought it was lyrically monothematic and musically a little repetitive. "Dare (La La La)" is absolutely dreadful, but I liked "Chasing Shadows" and "Broken Record" a lot.
mats

Postby mats » 01 Apr 2014, 15:59

The Danone Activia ad is embarassing :x

Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 05 Apr 2014, 12:35

desperados x

Return to “Music”