Steps

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Blond Pharaoh

Re: Steps

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 11 Aug 2017, 16:53

Cute video
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 11 Aug 2017, 18:50

I actually find the video a bit weird? What's with the couples falling out at the beginning and then we don't see anything else of their story? I kinda think it would have been better to just have the solo scenes mixed in with the dance routine and not bothered with the other bit :confused:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 11 Aug 2017, 19:34

^ The extras that are present at the beginning, as well as the "under-confident woman" in the second verse, are then occasionally focused on in the club scenes. The storyline is just meant to be "people experience hardship / see leaflet for Neon Blue club / attend & dance away their cares".

It's a cute video and it really seems that Steps are having such a fun time this era. 3 Steps video in 2017, who'd have thought? :D One major niggle I have with it is that some of the lip syncing is off, I thought that about the Story of a Heart video too... not very good editing. Otherwise, I would have liked some blue laser lights to make the club scenes look a bit more exciting.

On first watch I was a bit "hmm" at the tight camera angles, but it's dawned on me that it's intentional to make the viewer's viewpoint be as if they're there with them.
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 11 Aug 2017, 21:31

YAY my mate Shon is in the video - they are the transgender person ❤️
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 11 Aug 2017, 22:56

Another great video.

I did also see a comment on Instagram I think from Lisa, that this might not be the last video they do?!

Return to “Music”