Mutya Keisha Siobhan

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
icecream

Mutya Keisha Siobhan

Postby icecream » 18 Oct 2011, 21:59

The Original Sugababes Recording New Material

http://www.nme.com/news/sugababes/59860

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/878954-ori ... -to-reform

Keisha Buchanan, Mutya Buena and Siobhan Donaghy are apparently working on brand new material together.

The founding line-up of the Sugababes are rumoured to be demoing a selection of brand new songs, in order to test the waters when it comes to officially getting back together as a band.

Wot You Got via Digital Spy says that the original members "haven't signed anything official yet, but they have been demoing some new songs to see if they can re-capture that magic of their debut album", adding: "If they get that right, then they'll sign on the dotted lines."
Last edited by icecream on 09 May 2015, 01:08, edited 3 times in total.
Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Re: The Original Sugababes Recording New Material

Postby Mikerecords » 18 Oct 2011, 23:10

That made my day!
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 18 Oct 2011, 23:41

Even tho this is just rumours, they are exciting rumours! I have to admit I was looking forward to a Keisha solo album first, but this will do just as well :love:

And how f@cking sweet, this is such a dig at v4.0 and a big step towards a final nail in their coffin. I'm sure Island would be thrilled to sign Siobhan, Keishaa and Mutya again, and why should people care about the remains of a dead group when they can get the original? V4.0 will be forced to leave the Sugababes name/brand if they want to continue making music as a group, how pathetic would it look if they didn't :laugh:
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 18 Oct 2011, 23:51

Hope its true I dont think Keisha's solo career was ever gonna go anywhere but this at least has a chance of being a success if it actually comes to anything & is done right.

I would love to see Mutya & Siobhan performing together again
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Oct 2011, 00:30

This would be epic.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 19 Oct 2011, 00:35

schizophonic_spice wrote:Hope its true I dont think Keisha's solo career was ever gonna go anywhere but this at least has a chance of being a success if it actually comes to anything & is done right.

I would love to see Mutya & Siobhan performing together again

Any excuse to slag her off, innit.
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 19 Oct 2011, 01:02

(Stitch, Schizo's comment came after Andreas' but you seem to only call them out because you happen to agree with Andreas' opinions. But it seems both sides of the fence are guilty of digs/jabs, so why point fingers?)

Anyways,

I would be so excited for a 1.0 reunion! As I would be a Keisha solo album. And another album from 4.0. Don't know why there is still an apparent rule that you can only like one at a time? :shrug:

:music:

LOVE IT ALL! (But can't stand this forum in the last year.) :sad:
icecream

Postby icecream » 19 Oct 2011, 01:08

I think keisha is still coming out with her solo album, i think shes finished recorded her solo album and it will come out next year and now she recording with siobhan and mutya.

Keisha is working real hard and she aint waisting time im really happy for this news too.

And it goes to show original line up wont stop with or without the sugababes brand name.
I just think if heidi, amelle & management were decent they should hand the name back to them either way it will be a kick in the baskside for them when the original line up come back.

But yet again i dont think they will never hand the name back as thats all they have is the name.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Oct 2011, 01:30

breezyspice wrote:(Stitch, Schizo's comment came after Andreas' but you seem to only call her out because you happen to agree with Andreas' opinions.

Schizo is a man. :cool:
EspeciaChicoJN

Postby EspeciaChicoJN » 19 Oct 2011, 02:15

If Siobahn kept talking about how miserable she was in the group and how she never got along with Keisha, why would she want to join back with them? I'm sure this is just a rumor.
VideoGameSpice

Postby VideoGameSpice » 19 Oct 2011, 03:39

This is the best Sugababes related news we've had in years!!! Go Keisha, Mutya and Siobhan! They're all talented (unlike some 4.0 members whom shall remain nameless) and it would be great to see them work their magic.

Especially if they come up with a name like "The Original 'Babes". I don't think it's a good idea to fight for the "Sugababes" name. It has been tainted so many times people don't even know who they are anymore, and whether they're the good or evil ones. Imagine

You: I'm going to a concert tonight!
Friend: Cool! Who's playing?
You: Sugababes
Friend: So... who's playing?
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 19 Oct 2011, 03:57

SugaRbabes!!

SugaGirls!
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 19 Oct 2011, 06:14

I'd like that if it was true, be interesting to see what they could come up with now
Benji_V
Custom Title: Miss World

Postby Benji_V » 19 Oct 2011, 08:10

Siobhan singing, whether with the group or as a solo artist is amazing to me. Would be a welcome return for all though!
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 19 Oct 2011, 11:16

Charmingspice5 wrote:I'd like that if it was true, be interesting to see what they could come up with now

SoundGirl's sound sounds like the old Sugababes (v 1.0 that is) but also sounds current. Maybe something like that? :shrug:
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 19 Oct 2011, 12:17

They should rise above the current Replaceababes crap and move on from the name. It's been tarnished and destroyed. They should come up with a new name, nothing that involves the phrases "Suga" or "Babes" or "The Real Sugababes", cause that just sounds ludicrous. Much like the current so-called "Sugababes" lineup.
icecream

Postby icecream » 19 Oct 2011, 15:41

I think they are going to be called suga or sugawomen i dont think they will be called suga girl.

Or they can call them selfs the babes.

Only time will tell lol.

I honestly think that becuase sugababes 2.0 were at the peak of their careers thats why siobhan said what she did as she was having an album out.
But now they are grown women so i honestly think that keisha and siobhan will get along plus its a good career oppuntunity for siobhan too.
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 19 Oct 2011, 16:51

i hope these rumors are true! that's more exciting than a solo K album for me :)
icecream

Postby icecream » 19 Oct 2011, 17:18

TeddyBear wrote:i hope these rumors are true! that's more exciting than a solo K album for me :)

I honestly think those rumours are true the reason why is becuase in 2009 there were reports that they are going to get back together keisha has also confirmed that she has new friendship with siobhan and mutya and siobhan have been very supportive. Now we all know keisha working on a solo album, and mutya hasnt had full rights to the sugababes brand name, so i think its just odd how a rumour will come out exactly now when we all know keisha coming out solo. So thats why i do believe the rumours are true and we all know keisha is hard working and she aint going to waste time. Im really excited. :)
Veli

Postby Veli » 19 Oct 2011, 17:43

icecream wrote:
I honestly think that becuase sugababes 2.0 were at the peak of their careers thats why siobhan said what she did as she was having an album out.
But now they are grown women so i honestly think that keisha and siobhan will get along plus its a good career oppuntunity for siobhan too.

I hope you're right. I'm thinking they all learned their lesson. Now they're grown up women so hopefully they'll have a better communication and will discuss issues. All saw that this business is hard, all made mistakes. Hopefully they'll know their priorities this time.

I think hearing new material from v 1.0 will be as exciting as hearing new Spice material to me. I loved this group so much and I was always sad it didn't last longer. So this is like a miracle to me. I never ever thought I'll see the day these 3 will do music together.

But then again the Spices/Steps/Aqua/Boyzone/Take That/ All Saints came back - so nothing should surprise me anymore - everything is possible I guess :D
icecream

Postby icecream » 19 Oct 2011, 18:11

Veli wrote:
icecream wrote:

I hope you're right. I'm thinking they all learned their lesson. Now they're grown up women so hopefully they'll have a better communication and will discuss issues. All saw that this business is hard, all made mistakes. Hopefully they'll know their priorities this time.I think hearing new material from v 1.0 will be as exciting as hearing new Spice material to me. I loved this group so much and I was always sad it didn't last longer. So this is like a miracle to me. I never ever thought I'll see the day these 3 will do music together.

But then again the Spices/Steps/Aqua/Boyzone/Take That/ All Saints came back - so nothing should surprise me anymore - everything is possible I guess :D

I totally agree and im sure this time they will be closer than ever and they will actually appreciate this chance.
I think out of all bands like you mentioned i think spice girls was a bonus when geri came back and with the original sugababes its like a rare bonus as if keisha was still with amelle and heidi i doubt there would ever be this chance so all good has come out of it. Im so pleased that keisha and mutya will get to work together again, and its exciting to see how siobhan will be as we never got to see siobhan as a grown woman in the sugababes. :)
Veli

Postby Veli » 19 Oct 2011, 19:09

^ Yeah, I always wondered what would have happened if v 2.0 was with Siobhan. I mean same songs/videos but with her. Cause we all love the music from that era the most.

I just hope they won't make silly commercial songs but will create a different sound like the one they had in the beginning.

Imagine if this version is actually successful. A + H will regret getting rid of Keisha big time (while they sit at home and just remember the times when they used to be popstars) :laugh:
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 19 Oct 2011, 19:30

Veli wrote:A + H will regret getting rid of Keisha big time (while they sit at home and just remember the times when they used to be popstars :laugh:

Aren't you forgetting, A will become a super hot successful solo star :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 19 Oct 2011, 19:37

Considering what the three original Sugababes members sounded like together - I ain't excited. :p
icecream

Postby icecream » 19 Oct 2011, 20:30

Tiiger wrote:Considering what the three original Sugababes members sounded like together - I ain't excited. :p

Well overload is good, and im sure they will have a better sound this time than last time. Either way 2.0 era was mainly keisha and mutya so aslong as keisha and mutya come with a good sound it will be all good.

Plus the reason why they had that sound is becuase they were with a different label for the first era, so its all about the label and song choices not line up.
And i know keisha and mutya will have a good sound. If they can do it in 2.0 then they can definetly start the magic again. I never liked most of heidi's part in 2.0 era anyway. I also can imagaine siobhan sing heidi's part and better lol becuase siobhan vocally has a strong voice than heidi and siobhan pretty too aswell.

Return to “Music”