Kesha

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Jamie

Re: Ke$ha

Postby Jamie » 07 Jan 2014, 03:13

Stewie
Previous username(s): CharlesEt
Custom Title: Griffin

Postby Stewie » 07 Jan 2014, 04:24

Some say her mother Pebe is the one who's fueling these rumors.

While we wait for her to recover we can enjoy the self-directed video for 'Dirty Love'.
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 07 Jan 2014, 04:34

Is that version of the song available somewhere?
Stewie
Previous username(s): CharlesEt
Custom Title: Griffin

Postby Stewie » 07 Jan 2014, 04:45

Not that I'm aware of. But I suppose any video rip would do, since the solo version sounds so distorted anyway.
Gregory.B.
Custom Title: DIVA POWER MAKE-UP

Postby Gregory.B. » 08 Jan 2014, 01:22

So did her label give up on her last album?
All T All Shade!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 14 Oct 2014, 19:48

Kesha was sexually, physically, verbally and emotionally abused for 10 years by her producer, Dr. Luke, to the point where she nearly died.

According to a new lawsuit -- obtained by TMZ -- Kesha claims Dr. Luke was abusive towards her almost from the get-go -- when she signed on with him at 18 -- and made repeated sexual advances toward her. She claims he would force her to use drugs and alcohol to remove her defenses.

In one instance, Kesha claims he forced her to snort something before getting on a plane … and during the trip he forced himself on her while she was drugged.

On another occasion, Kesha claims after forcing her to drink with him, Dr. Luke gave her what he called "sober pills." Kesha claims she woke up the following afternoon, naked in Dr. Luke's bed, sore, sick … and with no memory of how she got there.

Kesha says the alleged abuse led to her eating disorder -- a story TMZ broke earlier this year. She claims Dr. Luke said, among other things, "You are not that pretty, you are not that talented, you are just lucky to have me." As we reported, she claims he called her "a fat f***ing refrigerator."

Kesha also says there was physical abuse ... once she says he attacked her at his Malibu house where he was "violently thrashing his arms at her." She says she escaped and ran barefoot down PCH and hid in the mountains.

Kesha is asking a judge to let her out of her contract with Luke.

Kesha's lawyer, Mark Geragos, tells TMZ ... "This lawsuit is a wholehearted effort by Kesha to regain control of her music career and her personal freedom after suffering for ten years as a victim of mental manipulation, emotional abuse and an instance of sexual assault at the hands of Dr. Luke."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/14/kesha-sex ... z3G8fG0g31

:hmm: :sad:
Kamcio

Postby Kamcio » 14 Oct 2014, 20:01

so no new music for the next 5 years then?
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 14 Oct 2014, 20:15

def not surprised if all of it was true. the music industry is pretty sleazy, disgusting, misogynistic world. its especially hard for females in the industry. i know someone who used to work at interscope records and told me that lady gaga used to sleep with her producer to get ahead, nicole used to sleep with jimmy iovine (head of interscope) and ron fair (exec producer for pcd album) so she could get ahead. anyone can be a star you just have to be willing to give yourself up. it seems like this is more of an american thing rather than something that would happen in the uk but i'm not sure
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 14 Oct 2014, 20:35

forever_spice_boy01 wrote:it seems like this is more of an american thing rather than something that would happen in the uk but i'm not sure

We have SuBo x
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 14 Oct 2014, 21:35

This probably happens more often than we all want to believe, but as serious as this is, part of me hopes this is just her trying to get out of her contract. Probably true, though. :-(
Dom

Postby Dom » 14 Oct 2014, 23:49

Kesha is a liar who is making up stories just so she can get out of her legally binding contract with Dr. Luke ... and she tried extorting him to boot ... this according to a new lawsuit.

Luke filed suit hours after Kesha filed her own lawsuit ... accusing him of sexual and physical assault over a period of years.

But in Luke's lawsuit ... he says the pack of lies is being engineered by Kesha's mother, Pebe and Kesha's new management firm. Luke claims Kesha tried to extort him by threatening to spread lies about him to a blogger who started a "Free Kesha" website unless he released her from her recording contract.

And Luke's says in his lawsuit he's had a copy of a draft of Kesha's new abuse lawsuit for months, and she was threatening to file it if he didn't release her. In other words, he's alleging more extortion.

Luke's lawyer, Christine Lepera, tells TMZ, Kesha's lawsuit about abuse is part of "a campaign of publishing outrageous and untrue statements," calling the allegations scurrilous.

Lepera says Kesha and her mom have already admitted the statements are false.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/14/dr-luke-k ... extortion/

True or false, I don't think this will end well for her. And I think Luke will end up pretty much unscathed.
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 15 Oct 2014, 07:28

What I don't understand is why he wouldn't let her out of her contract. As much as Dr. Luke has on the radio, why would he care?
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 15 Oct 2014, 10:03

^ Cause he makes a lot of money from her maybe :shrug: How the heck can they continue to work together after this? Wouldn't it be awkward to just be in the same room, let alone write songs and record as if nothing happened. :Dizzy:
Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 15 Oct 2014, 11:27

SpiceWonderland wrote:What I don't understand is why he wouldn't let her out of her contract. As much as Dr. Luke has on the radio, why would he care?

I've ready plenty of times that he's greedy.
Dom

Postby Dom » 15 Oct 2014, 15:22

It's a bit odd that Kesha's lawsuit is a civil one and doesn't involve criminal charges....
Kamcio

Postby Kamcio » 16 Oct 2014, 08:58

at least DR LUKE is hot,
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 16 Oct 2014, 20:24

Kamcio wrote:at least DR LUKE is hot,

yes because that always makes rape well cool Image x
Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 17 Oct 2014, 18:40

Kamcio wrote:at least DR LUKE is hot,

If this was an attempt to be funny, that was a very unfortunate moment to do it. :dizzy:
Its sad to see people disregarding/being unaware of such important matters! Hope you get to read a little on rape and its consequences ;)
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 02 Nov 2014, 19:45

Rebellion
Custom Title: Work bitch

Postby Rebellion » 06 Nov 2014, 14:41

I am liking that leaked track! Would love this sort of sort for her next album.
Bitch get off my pole!
SourSpice

Re: Kesha

Postby SourSpice » 19 Feb 2016, 19:36

Looks like she's going to lose the case against Dr Luke and be forced to continue recording with him.
Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 19 Feb 2016, 20:07

SourSpice wrote:Looks like she's going to lose the case against Dr Luke and be forced to continue recording with him.

The judge is an obvious idiot. It referred to Kesha as an "investment".

Someone tweeted that Kesha will be able to work with different producers under Sony, but Dr. Luke will still be the exec producer (?). Also someone pointed out that it's obvious that Sony and Luke will turn down anything she records and she'll end up like JoJo, too forgotton to make a comeback.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Feb 2016, 20:12

Very disappointing outcome. :(
tommie

Postby tommie » 19 Feb 2016, 21:22

SourSpice wrote:Looks like she's going to lose the case against Dr Luke and be forced to continue recording with him.

She seems to have been looking into the possibility of recording as a part of a group instead, hence leaving her solo contract behind. Not sure if that works legally depending on her contract.
Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 20 Feb 2016, 04:45

I'm so sad for her. Such an awful situation to be in. I'm also hearing Dr. Luke has done this or at least tried to ruin several other female artists that never spoke up. Sick guy

Return to “Music”