Sarah Harding

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Re: Sarah Harding

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 28 Jul 2015, 07:24

the song is just soooo bad, it just sounds so dated.

Jamie wrote:Nicola's solo career > Girls Aloud > Nadine's solo career > Threads > Javine's solo career > Kimbore's 'career' > Sophie Amogbokpa's screams as Cheryl racially abused her > Cheryl's solo career.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 28 Jul 2015, 18:14

Sarah's interview in The Sun's Fabulous magazine: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fabul...-hangovers.html

This part of the interview.... :( -

She’d never say never to a Girls Aloud reunion if it was for a one-off special occasion, but admits she rarely sees the others these days.

Nevertheless, she looks momentarily stung when reminded that Kimberley wrote in her autobiography that she wouldn’t have been friends with her (or Nadine, for that matter) had it not been for the band.

“I think me and Nadine were just more independent,” she explains.

“I had my own set of friends outside the band, because when you’re together 24/7 of course you’re not going to get on with each other all the time.

“I spoke to Cheryl and Kimberley a few months ago and was like: ‘I really miss you guys,’ so it would be really nice just to get together and reminisce.”
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 28 Jul 2015, 18:54

Its sad how they are divided into two camps with Sarah floating between each.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 28 Jul 2015, 19:43

the spineless wench x
sean20

Postby sean20 » 28 Jul 2015, 21:19

this song is sooo mediocre.
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 29 Jul 2015, 12:26

Ahh interviewer bringing up Kimberley's book, I find for someone who's been in a band for that long and shared some real special moments, for Kim to turn around and say that she's not close with either Sarah or Nadine, that just feels quite harsh and possibly awkward for Sarah to comment on.

Kimberley also said few weeks back that Nadine and Sarah won't be bridesmaids (not surprising) hopefully they get invited to the wedding.
popboy7
Custom Title: [Pop Fanatic]

Postby popboy7 » 29 Jul 2015, 16:54

I'm not sticking up for Kimberley because it was pretty bad of her to say that in her book.
However, looking at how other bands have parted with one another, it could have been a whole lot worse - from the start it seemed that Sarah was a bit of an outcast (Hey Ya :grin: ) and if a couple of people didn't click within the band, to be stuck with them every day for years on end must be awkward to say the least. It's just a shame that all of this negativity reared it head after the band had finished. it could be argued that Kimberley was trying to keep a good working relationship, or it could be said that she was trying to get in the press with controversy. Personally I think it's both.
http://www.talkabouttunes.wordpress.com
Spice Girls Debut album rate coming soon!
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 29 Jul 2015, 21:38

I see where Kimberley's coming from in a sense - I wouldn't be friends with ~any of the people I worked with if I hadn't met them through work, but I'm glad I did because they're good people - it's just outside of work, we would naturally have hung around in different circles. But poor Sarah. It's a shame.
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 29 Jul 2015, 23:03

poor sarah? at least they're still cordial with her, they treat nadine like a bloody leper
Sideout

Postby Sideout » 29 Jul 2015, 23:09

Whenever I see this thread all I can think of is Sarah Harding from The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

"Don't you break my heart. It's so plain to see that you should PM me.
Don't you break my heart. If these leaks should end I will never post again"
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 30 Jul 2015, 00:04

Sman
Custom Title: Pop doodler

Postby Sman » 30 Jul 2015, 00:32

I really feel for Sarah because she seems like a lovely girl but this just isn't going to go anywhere is it? It's great she has finally got around to getting a single out but I don't think she was ever destined to be a solo star, none of GA were.

I don't think she has neccessarily missed the boat in terms of taking her time to release solo material. 'Threads' is pretty awful and I doubt it would have been a hit regardless of when it's released (now or 5 years ago).
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 30 Jul 2015, 12:54

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... itter.html

Poor Sarah this has to be humiliating for her. I thought she was woeful myself but continually abusing her on twitter is just nasty. :despise:
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 30 Jul 2015, 16:53

Sman wrote: I don't think she was ever destined to be a solo star, none of GA were.

I'd say Cheryl has had a pretty good run... ;)
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 30 Jul 2015, 17:01

spicefreak wrote:
Sman wrote: I don't think she was ever destined to be a solo star, none of GA were.

except she is by no accepted definition a "star", she is just a vapid puppet used by corporations to push products and she,s too dumb to see it :puke: x
tommie

Postby tommie » 30 Jul 2015, 20:45

spicefreak wrote:

Not really - she's had a continuing decline; did her latest flop album even reach Silver certification despite two number one singles and X-Factor?

People finally see Cheryl for the talentless racist she really is. Justice for Amogbokpa!
spicefreak

Postby spicefreak » 30 Jul 2015, 23:21

The other girls would kill for a silver album or a #1 single... Same as the solo Spice Girls would too.

So she has had a steady decline in album sales most pop stars do she is simply experiencing the same as others. She has still manage to rack up some impressive sales and she was still able to achieve two big hits prior the album being released, oh and break a record for the most #1s by a British female solo artist. :shrug:

As for your last ridiculous comment I'm not even going to waste my breath.

Funny thing is I'm not really a Cheryl fan, I only really like Fight for this love and Call my name, but I'm not deluded enough to think she has not being successful. :shrug:
Sman

Postby Sman » 30 Jul 2015, 23:38

spicefreak wrote:

Haha yes, sorry, I wasn't really thinking of Cheryl when I wrote that! I was thinking more specifically Sarah, Nicola and Kimberley. I think pre X-Factor I wouldn't have envisaged Cheryl as a solo star either, although she completely went into prove herself during her first campaign. Ill always love 'Fight For This Love' despite the terrible lyric cliches in the verses!

And I'm completely bemused by people still making jokes about that incident!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 30 Jul 2015, 23:56

Its not like Cheryl is the ONLY Female Artist to suffer an album sales slump in recent times either. Look at Kylie and Madonnas latest studio albums sales and they are way bigger than her.

I wonder if Cheryl will release another single during the last quarter?

p.s Poor Sarah its her "thread" and we are talking about her former bandmate. :hmm:
Sman

Postby Sman » 31 Jul 2015, 00:00

I'm sure I read somewhere that Cheryl has said she won't be performing on this years show so I'm assuming no new music ?

But yes back to Sarah! I think she should take some pride and comfort in the fact she's released a solo single regardless of where it charts or its sales.
Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 31 Jul 2015, 00:10

I find it so funny that people write off Geri's career here saying she released when the Spice craze was still going strong but Cheryl's career gets a pass ? She released her albums during GA's reign and they haven't really sold well since. She was very successful at one time but she is on a decline. You can't deny that.
spicefreak

Postby spicefreak » 31 Jul 2015, 03:14

I didn't think anyone wrote off Geri's success and if they do they are idiots. Geri did very well regardless of when she released music, which was evident in the fact she still had the biggest selling solo hit with IRM when all the other girls were also releasing music...

Yes the initial timing may have helped her but it's not the only thing that fave her success look at Mel B with Word Up... :shrug:

Same for Cheryl, but I would say X Factor helped her far more, she had a girls aloud type success hit with Heartbreaker, however FFTL and 3 Words album way outsold any if the GA stuff (something none of the solo Spices ever achieved... Albeit they were 5 times more successful)
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 31 Jul 2015, 04:07

Cheryl pretty much transcended Girls Aloud with her solo career (as much as it makes me sad to say that). Obviously Girls Aloud made her a name in the first place, but then she became even more famous all by herself. She was riding on the wave of her own popularity and being a judge on the X Factor, more so than being a Girls Aloud member.

Yep, Cheryl's album sales have declined sharply, but the 4th album did manage to go Silver a few months ago, and she's had at least one #1 single from each of the 4 albums so far. Nothing to be sniffed at!

P.S. Poor Sarah and these Corrie reviews :(
tommie

Postby tommie » 01 Aug 2015, 02:28

i bet cheryl wont release more solo albams as she.s not passionate about them lyk mel c xo
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 06 Aug 2015, 20:47

Our Threads have been shipped i,m gaggin Image x

Return to “Music”