Mollie King

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Re: Mollie King

Postby Charmingspice5 » 19 Aug 2016, 12:54

I really liked the video, she looked great in it!
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 19 Aug 2016, 13:06

schizophonic_spice wrote:Such a shame streaming has to be involved in the charts now.

you better get streamin then doll Image xx (:
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 19 Aug 2016, 13:36

molly looks so pretty in the video x
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 19 Aug 2016, 13:49

I like the video. Don't love it, but I like it. I love the meaning of the whole thing, though, specially with the end symbolizing how a toxic relationship is dangerous and could end badly if you don't have the courage to walk away from it.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 19 Aug 2016, 14:47

Javi wrote:
sammy01 wrote:When people write 'after a few listens I liked/loved it' do they not see that is a bad thing? You may give Mollie enough time to play it 3 or 4 times but Joe Bloggs certainly wont. Unless radio hammers it people wont hear it several times.

Your hypocrisy reaches a whole new level. Not so long ago you were making speeches about how Rihanna was far away from "instant hit songs" cause real quality tracks are those that take time and aren't that easy to the ear. But now it suits you to say the total opposite just to throw shit at an act you don't like.

Sammy01, redefining the term "grower" to suit his bashing needs. :laugh:

I'm talking about success :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Rihanna is in a place in her career where people will give her music plenty of chance to grow, but she has had to earn that place.

Mollie is in the exact other place, former girlband member who weren't exactly popular. She needed something instant (much Like Rihanna needed early in her career).

Mollie isn't at the stage of her career like Rihanna where she can do whatever she wants and success really doesn't matter any more (though it comes any way) Mollie is obviously trying to be commercial and sell and her first single is boring.

How many first time singles are growers and not instant? Did Katy Perry release a grower to start with, or was Baby one more time a song that needed repeat listens?

I was judging the song on how I think it will do commercially, I gave my reaction to its quality in the other post I posted.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Javi

Postby Javi » 19 Aug 2016, 15:07

Still hypocrisy. When it suits you, you prefer quality over success, when it doesn't you prefer success over quality. You're always changing your speeches according to the artist you want to praise or bash.

The latest example almost on the same week: you criticize Melanie C for releasing a current song just to (try to) achieve success, but now Mollie releases a grower and you think that's also a bad thing because she should aim for success.

Another one: Rihanna releases a grown up album and you praise it, saying she's over all the other commercial artists; then she releases 'This Is What You Came For' and you change your speech once again to claim she's so successful and so perfect, she can release a commercial song to have some fun. Clear up, babe.

...why am I even replying to you when you probably won't even realize how hypocrite your opinions are?
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 19 Aug 2016, 15:21

"You have no point bar don't criticise poor Melly. She released a trend chasing song, I mean it isn't like it is a song she will relish performing with no chorus and so few actual lyrics to sing.

She is releasing remixes of it so she obviously is seeking some kind of attention/airplay/success from it.

I mean I don't blame her for trying these things, her duet with Matt could have been another complete flop and crap song but it wasn't it was a hit and great song, this just isn't though and whatever the aim of it was it surely cant have achieved it."

Where did I criticise Mel for releasing a current song? I just pointed out how it was obviously meant for success or to gain some traction and it wasn't getting any and that it isn't that good.

Of course Rihanna released this is what you came for for chart success and to keep certain people happy (which I said when it was first released), and it ticked both boxes. Does she perform it on tour, no, has she promoted it, no, has it done its job, yes. Will it be forgotten by Rihanna, probably already has.

See I know it must kill you but my fave can have the best of both worlds, a critically acclaimed album and tour, releasing music that is very much her and her roots and where she is in life but also release catchy made to sell songs that well do as intended.
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 19 Aug 2016, 15:43

I will be surprised if she does well. The song sounds pretty average and we know she is not the greatest singer, so I definitely don't know what is her selling point. She is definitely like the last person from the group that will land with a record deal with a full album coming out. I thought she would have ventured into fashion/TV.
Javi

Postby Javi » 19 Aug 2016, 16:15

sammy01 wrote:See I know it must kill you but my fave can have the best of both worlds, a critically acclaimed album and tour, releasing music that is very much her and her roots and where she is in life but also release catchy made to sell songs that well do as intended.

It would kill me if my taste in music relied on charts, success, critical acclaim and sales, like yours do. But luckily for me it doesn't. I judge music based on what I feel and what I like.

Btw, all your "my fave is better than your fave" fights are so childish that I wouldn't be surprised if you're growing baby teeth again.

Here you have:

You're welcome. :hug:
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 19 Aug 2016, 16:19

Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 19 Aug 2016, 17:57

wildhope wrote:I will be surprised if she does well. The song sounds pretty average and we know she is not the greatest singer, so I definitely don't know what is her selling point. She is definitely like the last person from the group that will land with a record deal with a full album coming out. I thought she would have ventured into fashion/TV.

See people always say this but I actually prefer Mollie's voice over Frankie's.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 19 Aug 2016, 18:32

Javi wrote:
sammy01 wrote:See I know it must kill you but my fave can have the best of both worlds, a critically acclaimed album and tour, releasing music that is very much her and her roots and where she is in life but also release catchy made to sell songs that well do as intended.

It would kill me if my taste in music relied on charts, success, critical acclaim and sales, like yours do. But luckily for me it doesn't. I judge music based on what I feel and what I like.

Btw, all your "my fave is better than your fave" fights are so childish that I wouldn't be surprised if you're growing baby teeth again.

Here you have:

You're welcome. :hug:

Stick it up your arse, if you can find space with your head firmly being wedged up there already.
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 19 Aug 2016, 19:23

Dave87 wrote:
wildhope wrote:I will be surprised if she does well. The song sounds pretty average and we know she is not the greatest singer, so I definitely don't know what is her selling point. She is definitely like the last person from the group that will land with a record deal with a full album coming out. I thought she would have ventured into fashion/TV.

See people always say this but I actually prefer Mollie's voice over Frankie's.

Frankie's voice isn't the greatest, but I believe fans tend to believe Frankie will likely land a record deal given she is one of the more popular girls from The Saturdays and she is basically the face of S Club Juniors/8.

But that aside, I am not trying to be all negative on her solo career, coz I think it's great she is given the chance to venture in music as a solo artist. But realistically, I don't know what she has to offer musically wise coz I am not sure what exactly is her selling point. She is pretty but not stunning, she has a decent voice and an average first single. I just don't see how she is going to make it big and even make a name out of herself as a solo artist in this especially tough music climate.
bombie

Postby bombie » 19 Aug 2016, 19:46

It's bland... Not overly catchy, with a lazy chorus. I like the image, and the video is nice, but she needed a banger to launch her solo stuff, not a Saturday's B-Side. I like her, always have, but it's common knowledge she's not the greatest vocalist of the group, so they should have gone with something a bit more beat driven, not so airy... This reminds me of a Tulisa track.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 19 Aug 2016, 20:00

bombie wrote:This reminds me of a Tulisa track.

BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 20 Aug 2016, 03:55

I like it.
Brett
Custom Title: Fucking Love SGs

Postby Brett » 20 Aug 2016, 04:13

After listening to it in the shower several times (thats where I get the best feel for songs), and several times in the car (2nd best place), I really like it. I also relate to it very well. I think it is perfect for this time of year, I can't explain why I feel that way, but I do. It IS missing a big powerful moment at the beginning of the last chorus. Like "Why do I keep coming back tO YOOOOUUUUUUUUU" a big powerful "YOU." Just to give it some mmmphh.

I hope it does well for her, but I'm not sure how it's going to do as a premier/on sale release. It's a lot better than I anticipated. I wish Rochelle would come out with a big banger of a track and rule the world.
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 23 Aug 2016, 12:25

sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 23 Aug 2016, 18:23

#53 in the midweeks, flop!
Brett
Custom Title: Fucking Love SGs

Postby Brett » 23 Aug 2016, 20:32

Oh bless. But what promo has she done?
tommie

Postby tommie » 23 Aug 2016, 20:52

she,s actually #66 in the tuesday update x
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 23 Aug 2016, 23:47

Probably wont end up top 100 at this rate :)
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 24 Aug 2016, 00:35

^^ And this makes you smile because...?
tommie

Postby tommie » 24 Aug 2016, 00:44

DaniSpiceBoy wrote:^^ And this makes you smile because...?

flörps r amusin'
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 24 Aug 2016, 00:47

Return to “Music”