Mollie King

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Re: Mollie King

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 11 Aug 2016, 23:41

So ready for this!!
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 11 Aug 2016, 23:50

trembling
tommie

Postby tommie » 11 Aug 2016, 23:52

bland basic blonde x
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 12 Aug 2016, 11:02

did itunes run out of stock already ? Image x
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 12 Aug 2016, 17:53

Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 12 Aug 2016, 17:56

So when is it released?
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 12 Aug 2016, 18:02

Not confirmed yet! It seems OfficialCharts jumped the gun.

Edit: According to http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/mollie ... ck-to-you/ it's coming on Friday 19th August!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 12 Aug 2016, 18:08

Really excited for this I hope it's a full on pop tune.
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 12 Aug 2016, 20:25

Out next Friday. :inlove:
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 13 Aug 2016, 00:48

schizophonic_spice wrote:Really excited for this I hope it's a full on pop tune.

I think you might be disappointed then as Mollie is bringing Inuit throat singing to the mainstream mashed over hip hop beats x
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 13 Aug 2016, 01:06

This will flop so hard.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 13 Aug 2016, 02:36

Very excited for this! Hope Mollie doesn't disappoint and gives us a full on bop!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 15 Aug 2016, 09:36

Clip: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJHuFODBaO_/

Oooh it sounds really promising! Roll on Friday! :D
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 15 Aug 2016, 09:48

screamng
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 15 Aug 2016, 10:02

Oh, this does sound promising indeed. Now I'm excited!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 15 Aug 2016, 10:04

*I keep watching it*

Mollie casually surpassing the entire Saturdays videography with one 20 second Instagram clip...! I'm pretty taken aback by how slick the video looks. (I believe the modern terminology is "I am beyond shook" ;o :dee: )
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 15 Aug 2016, 10:18

Whoo!
Looks amazing and fresh. Roll on Friday for the full thing!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 15 Aug 2016, 10:21

"She's already sold a staggering 5 million records as part of all conquering girl group The Saturdays. Now Mollie King finally unleashes her debut solo single, ‘Back To You’.

The song will be released on Friday 19th August 2016 via Island Records, accompanied by a stunningly beautiful video, shot by critically acclaimed director Lisa Gunning (Fifty Shades of Grey, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, Seven Psychopaths).

Written by Mollie and Rob Persuad alongside producers The Blueprint (Ryan Ogren and Nick Bailey), ‘Back To You’ is a dreamy electropop track with an indelible synth-heavy chorus in which Mollie questions her constant return to a relationship which is just no good - ‘why do I keep coming back to you’.

Talking about the track, Mollie says ‘It’s a very personal song to me. A lot of my writing inspiration has come from what I’ve been through over the last couple of years’.

Mollie has spent the last year and a half writing and recording her debut solo material with some of the globes hottest producers. She has cited the process of writing and recording solo music as a massive learning curve, allowing her to hone her sound and talk about subject matters close to her heart.

Mollie confesses ‘In a band it’s sometimes difficult to write about personal experiences because there's a lot of members. My solo material is the kind of music that I love, stylistically this is me and I'm saying things that I want to say.'

Mollie King is best known as one-fifth of leading girl group, The Saturdays. Since forming in 2007, the multi-platinum selling band have sold over 5 million records and concert tickets worldwide, scored 13 Top 10 singles and 5 Top 10 albums. The band also embarked on four nationwide headline tours and starred in three primetime TV series, including ‘Chasing The Saturdays’ for E! which aired in over 40 territories.

Beyond the group, Mollie has established herself as a mainstay of the fashion press, recently being shot for covers by Geist, Notion and Fault, alongside being a permanent fixture on London’s style scene."
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 15 Aug 2016, 10:25

she is going to conquer x
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 15 Aug 2016, 11:34

I'm very excited by this clip, seems very promising! Always had the most faith in Mollie's potential solo material out of all the Saturdays, can't wait til Friday!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 15 Aug 2016, 12:15

I'm liking the sound of that and the video looks ok too.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 15 Aug 2016, 12:16

poor vanessa x
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 15 Aug 2016, 14:50

Sounds promising indeed and the video seems to have a bigger budget than I expected. Not sure how this on aire - on sale strategy will work for her, though. But I guess she can be benefited from casual streaming from Saturdays fans and curious pop fans instead of waiting for a proper release date with just radio play (if any).

I guess they're aiming for a "hit" in the long run, instead of a high chart peak.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
kittie

Postby kittie » 15 Aug 2016, 20:44

Jay wrote:Clip: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJHuFODBaO_/

Oooh it sounds really promising! Roll on Friday! :D

A song where you hardly hear her singing. The only way how the song can sound great.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 15 Aug 2016, 21:15

H8er xx :p

Trailer is now on her Vevo:

Interview with Glamour: http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/c ... olo-single

SO YOUR NEW SINGLE IS CALLED BACK TO YOU, WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT?
I wrote this song in the last year and it's a really personal record for me. It's obviously about a relationship that's on and off, it's probably not the right one but you keep going back to that guy and it's just a bit of a vicious cycle. There are probably a lot of people that go through the same thing so I hope people can relate to it.

When I first signed to Island I was trying to just do a continuation of The Saturdays' music really - I wanted an upbeat floor filler. But at the time I was going through a bit of a tough time at home, I had a studio session and I was actually going to cancel it because I just thought I'm not in the mood today. Instead, I just said to the guys "look I know I was supposed to do these upbeat songs but forget the brief, forget everything; I just want to write about how I'm feeling today". Then they said OK great, so we went in, got on the piano and we wrote this song.

WAS THIS YOUR FIRST EXPERIENCE OF SONG WRITING?
With The Saturdays, we sort of dabbled in it a bit but this time I've learnt so much. I've been there at the stages when there's not even a track. We'd write with just a piano or just a guitar and then I'd watch the producer turn it into a big pop track - laying down the base and the synth and the drums. I feel like I've been so lucky to see how it all comes together rather than just being handed over a track and said "here's your single".

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE GOING SOLO?
Well, I'll always be a Saturday, but it's really exciting going out there and doing it on my own. I'm not going to lie, there are definitely parts of me that are nervous because you are completely out there on your own, but I'm so excited and I've got a really great fan base that have carried on with me from The Saturdays and they're all keeping up to date with what we're all doing. They tweet me on a daily basis at the moment, they're like "when is the song coming out?" so I feel like just for those guys I'm like "oh my god I really want to put this". I can't wait to get feedback and see what everyone thinks of it because it is slightly different to The Saturdays music.

YOU'VE ALSO GOT AN ALBUM COMING, WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM THAT?
It all definitely ties together with the single. The album is coming out next year so we've gone down a similar lane, there are obviously some that are more upbeat and there are some that are more ballad-y, but it's all this kind of genre of pop.

HAVE ANY OF THE SATURDAYS HEARD THE NEW SONG YET?
Yes, Rochelle and I went to a gig together a couple of weeks ago and she said she loved it. And then I played it to Frankie in her car a few weeks ago and she literally was like "oh my god, oh my god", she had goosebumps. Frankie always says it exactly how it is so I was like "Oh God, I really want her honest response" and that was always what I was going to get with her. She felt like she was going to cry and she was like "I'm so proud of you and I know how hard you've worked on this". Frankie is like a sister to me so I know that she would give me her genuine reaction. I also showed Una the video last week and she was like "Oh my god I love it". It's so nice to get their feedback and know that they all love it so it meant a lot.

WHAT DOES THE PERSON THE SONG IS ABOUT THINK OF IT?
They haven't heard it yet so who knows.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THE SATURDAYS?
We're always going to be The Saturdays, but we got to a point where we had released our Greatest Hits and we'd been going continuously for eight years so we sat down and said right, let just have a break from this, we've all got our own ventures that we want to do - some of the girls have obviously gone to TV, others of us have kept with music, so there isn't anything planned at the moment for us but we are always going to be a band. Everyone is always like do you guys speak and I'm like are you serious? I speak to Frankie on a daily basis, and the others we speak to on a weekly basis. They're all so supportive and I know they're excited for me with this.

Back To You is set to be released on 19 August.

Return to “Music”