Major leaks of unreleased albums?

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
andy_mss
Previous username(s): dirrtydevil2005
Dust_in_the_wind
Custom Title: glittertastic

Re: Major leaks of unreleased albums?

Postby andy_mss » 08 Feb 2017, 16:00

pinkbecca12 wrote:could someone PM me Samantha Mumba's leaked album please.

Ditto
blink4rosie

Postby blink4rosie » 08 Feb 2017, 19:21

Dom wrote:I remember reading about The Samantha Mumba album a while back. Apparently it's made up of a bunch of demos she recorded intended for her second album - from what I've read, she submitted these tracks to the label, and I'm Right Here came from the sessions she had afterwards.

She was sent back to record more tracks, as her label were unsure about the R&B tracks. She was then offered Girls Aloud's Sound Of The Underground and started working with Bloodshy & Avant. After I'm Right Here flopped in the UK, the label sent her back in to the studio to record. Woman (the song) was recorded around late 2002 / early 2003 along side a whole new album, but due to being difficult to work with, the album kept getting pushed back. The label ultimately felt like momentum had passed, and they released her from her contract.

So the album on the internet isn't the one intended for release, and I'm unsure if the late 2002 / early 2003 version ever leaked.

Here's a list of everything we know about. Some leaked some unleaked....

The unreleased r&b 2nd album was great! Very American sounding, very r&b.
01. I'm Right Here (feat. Damian Marley)
02. You're My Boo
03. Put Your Money On Me
04. Branded With A Kiss (single material, if a tad drippy)
05. Wet 'N' Wild (great 80s track POPCORN sample)
06. Home Alone (feat. Beenie Man)
07. Wow!
08. Shuttin' You Down
09. Nobody Knows
10. Relationships
11. Untouchable
12. Read My Mind
13. Can You Deliver
14. Point Of You (my fav track.... Depeche Mode sample in here!)

She originally recorded Jamelia's "DJ"... Though the biggest travesty is her letting "Sound Of The Underground" slip through her fingers. This surely would of catapulted her back into the number 1 spot? Rather than top 5 with "I'm Right Here"? On a side note the bside to "I'm Right Here"; "Sensuality" was rather FABULOUS!

The label weren't impressed with the what was produced, they released "I'm RIght Here" and scrapped the 2nd album sessions. She then went to work on the 3rd set of sessions for the 2nd album and had a working title of "Woman".

Woman... The 3rd album Sessions
01. Woman
02. Wake Me Up

The PopJustice poster Mr Sleaze was lucky to have the above tracks played to him by a friend who had them. "Woman" was described as a country flavoured ballad and screamed #1. "Wake Me Up" was described as genius urban pop.

During the Harvey Goldsmith's TV show, she worked with Timbaland/Danja on a song called "Personalities" and some other sessions with other producers, but they are locked away in the vaults too. Then random extra dance orientated tracks appeared on her MySpace.

2007+ Sessions
01. Personalities
02. Rear View
03. Angel
04. Bang Bang
05. That's The Way
06. Bad Boy
07. Candyland
08. Turn Tha Beat Up
09. Stay In The Middle (duet with Hill)

2012+ Sessions
01. Gotta Tell You (Titianium Mashup)

2015+ Sessions
01. Sammy Girl

Apparently she was dropped by her label due to her diva like attitude, at the time Louis Walsh was her manager and then apparently spread it to all the other labels that she was bad news. It's a real shame as her music was pretty good, but appears her attitude wasn't. Which upsets me :'(

Divaness aside all this stuff we know exists should just be put out there! Ahhhh it pains me that we won't get to hear a lot of this :(

x
guibonetto

Postby guibonetto » 09 Feb 2017, 01:51

Can I get the Samantha Mumba leaked album link, please?
Maximus2013
Custom Title: Lost in Spiceworld

Postby Maximus2013 » 11 Feb 2017, 23:21

Hannes84 wrote:
Maximus2013 wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
Duet is a collaboration of 2 performers, 3 make a trio:)

PS: I was asking for albums only but thanks anyway for your answers guys:)

My list included albums too, and whatever :rolleyes:

Just going back to this one...

It wasn't a duet. It was a remix of Missy's Pussycat from her Under Construction album. Janet didn't pull the plug, Missy did as the single was scrapped.

And it featured Lil' Kim, not Aaliyah. She died in 2001. The remix was recorded in 2003.

Someone asked Missy about it on Twitter recently and she said she might dig it out and release it one day... :)

That someone was ME. She asked Janet and Janet said no. at least get your facts right when you're replying. She herself responded to me and Janet said NO. And no, lil kim was not featured. Aaliyah was. This was rumoured already during AFY era.

No need to be rude. I wasn't.

You're talking to the biggest Janet you'll ever meet.

And yes Lil' Kim was featured. Missy has also confirmed this herself over the years. You're not the only person who has asked her.

The Aaliyah track must of been something else as the Pussycat remix was recorded AFTER Aaliyah's death and the AFY era.
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 12 Feb 2017, 14:51

Maximus2013 wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:
Maximus2013 wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:My list included albums too, and whatever :rolleyes:

It wasn't a duet. It was a remix of Missy's Pussycat from her Under Construction album. Janet didn't pull the plug, Missy did as the single was scrapped.

And it featured Lil' Kim, not Aaliyah. She died in 2001. The remix was recorded in 2003.

Someone asked Missy about it on Twitter recently and she said she might dig it out and release it one day... :)

That someone was ME. She asked Janet and Janet said no. at least get your facts right when you're replying. She herself responded to me and Janet said NO. And no, lil kim was not featured. Aaliyah was. This was rumoured already during AFY era.

No need to be rude. I wasn't.

You're talking to the biggest Janet you'll ever meet.

And yes Lil' Kim was featured. Missy has also confirmed this herself over the years. You're not the only person who has asked her.

The Aaliyah track must of been something else as the Pussycat remix was recorded AFTER Aaliyah's death and the AFY era.

well yeah but I was the one who she actually responded to and said she'd ask Janet. She contacted Gil, and Gil contacted Janet and Janet said no to releasing it. If you're a huge Janet fan, like I am, you also are aware that she does that quite a lot.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
mattz10101
Custom Title: SpiceUpYourLife.

Postby mattz10101 » 12 Feb 2017, 16:04

Hannes84 wrote:
Maximus2013 wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
Duet is a collaboration of 2 performers, 3 make a trio:)

PS: I was asking for albums only but thanks anyway for your answers guys:)

My list included albums too, and whatever :rolleyes:

It couldn't have been the AFY era. The timing doesn't add up. Under Construction was released in 2002, and Pussycat was supposed to be remixed to be released as a single in 2003. Unless they were using unreleased vocals from Aaliyah or something that obviously couldn't have happened then.

And side note, this remix wasn't supposed to be coming from an unreleased album was it? Otherwise it's off topic to begin with lol
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 13 Feb 2017, 11:49

mattz10101 wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:
Maximus2013 wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:My list included albums too, and whatever :rolleyes:

It couldn't have been the AFY era. The timing doesn't add up. Under Construction was released in 2002, and Pussycat was supposed to be remixed to be released as a single in 2003. Unless they were using unreleased vocals from Aaliyah or something that obviously couldn't have happened then.

And side note, this remix wasn't supposed to be coming from an unreleased album was it? Otherwise it's off topic to begin with lol

Yeah I do not know. The Aaliyah/Missy/Janet collab was rumored on miss-janet.com way before AFY was released. Also that Mariah Carey duet was rumored (which never happened, even though they tried it again in 2006). Yeah I know, I didn't see the "album" part nor did I think it was so important. But I mentioned a few albums, so I dunno why we're back on nitpicking again.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 05 Jul 2017, 01:26

blink4rosie wrote:
FabianC wrote:
TeddyBear wrote:
Jacques wrote:Amelia Lily's album leaked almost in full a few months ago, from 2013

When??? Where??????

Are you sure? I'm looking for a copy of 'Be a Fighter' since years ago and no one has leaked that album :(

Here is what's out "there" for Amelia Lily... the Be A Fighter era. Only three tracks are not available in full.

Fingerprints era; + some instumentals

3rd Album; Warrior, Man Behind The Mask (though this could of been from inbetween BAF & Fingerprints)

Doing some search, I´ve seen that the Amelia Lily - Be a Fighter album has leaked in full.
Is that true? Can't seem to find any file.

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
Alberto!

Postby Alberto! » 05 Jul 2017, 13:02

FabianC wrote:

Doing some search, I´ve seen that the Amelia Lily - Be a Fighter album has leaked in full.

Would be greatly appreciated if you could point me in the right direction :) thanks in advance
FabianC

Postby FabianC » 06 Jul 2017, 00:48

Alberto! wrote:
FabianC wrote:

Would be greatly appreciated if you could point me in the right direction :) thanks in advance

Don't know where. It seems that has been spread in DM's in other sites. I let you know if I know anything.

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
FabianC

Postby FabianC » 06 Jul 2017, 00:55

Just found it!
Have to do some registrations but finally I can hear Amelia's album

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jul 2017, 06:40

/\ do you know where can I find 2nd Samantha Mumba album by any chance!
FabianC

Postby FabianC » 06 Jul 2017, 16:12

The Spice Girls wrote:/\ do you know where can I find 2nd Samantha Mumba album by any chance!

I don't know who she is, sorry! But let me know which name it is and I can do my best!

Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 08 Jul 2017, 20:29

I find Discogs to be a good source of information:

Did this album leak? https://www.discogs.com/release/3853425
Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Jul 2017, 01:46

I don't know her.
spicyhot

Postby spicyhot » 09 Jul 2017, 17:40

Blond Pharaoh wrote:What Kylie leaks :dizzy: I need more info guys :confused: :confused:

This might be of interest. It lists her leaks.

https://www.mixkylie.co.uk/index.php?p=faq

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.ph ... pic=128304
Alberto!

Postby Alberto! » 10 Jul 2017, 02:15

What songs from Fingerprints have leaked/have we got snippets of?
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 10 Jul 2017, 04:46

Did anything other than Where Will You Go from B*witcheds 3rd album get released?
pinkbecca12

Postby pinkbecca12 » 10 Jul 2017, 08:16

addicted2you wrote:Did anything other than Where Will You Go from B*witcheds 3rd album get released?

nope!, I'd love a CD rip of Where Will You Go, the youtube version is horrible
Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Jul 2017, 13:08

FabianC wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:/\ do you know where can I find 2nd Samantha Mumba album by any chance!

I don't know who she is, sorry! But let me know which name it is and I can do my best!

Oh, lol! ok then!

That's the album am talking about:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/samantha-mumba-woman-unreleased-album-2004-519239431
JoeHere

Postby JoeHere » 13 Jul 2017, 15:21

The Spice Girls wrote:
FabianC wrote:

Oh, lol! ok then!

I have that album on my computer. To be honest, it's terrible :laugh:

The only song I like is Point of View which is a song about prostitution.
"More than just survival, this is my Revival"
Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Jul 2017, 18:17

JoeHere wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
FabianC wrote:

Oh, lol! ok then!

Can you share please? I love 'I'm Right Here'.
tommie

Postby tommie » 30 Jul 2017, 19:00

JoeHere wrote:The only song I like is Point of View which is a song about prostitution.

Of course that's the song you'd relate to x
Peter

Postby Peter » 31 Jul 2017, 00:24

JoeHere wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
FabianC wrote:

Oh, lol! ok then!

Thanks for sharing the album guys, I absolutely love it! It's one of the best r'n'b/pop things I've listened to in ages! I'm gutted she hasn't released that, it would work out even in America I suppose!
rymc730

Postby rymc730 » 01 Aug 2017, 17:35

pinkbecca12 wrote:
addicted2you wrote:Did anything other than Where Will You Go from B*witcheds 3rd album get released?

nope!, I'd love a CD rip of Where Will You Go, the youtube version is horrible

If anyone ever tracks down a CD rip of "Where Will You Go" or any other unreleased B*Witched track, pleeeassseee let me know. I've been trying to hunt down a CD rip of WWYG since it leaked back in 2009.

Return to “Music”