Dua Lipa

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Peter

Dua Lipa

Postby Peter » 04 Jun 2017, 02:08

No fans of her over here?!

I'm really shocked as I guess to me she's the best new pop star out there at the moment!

I was waiting for her debut to come and bought the deluxe edition on its premiere day!

And must admit this is I guess third album in my entire life I bought on the release date (after 'Forever' and 'A Girl Like Me') and am delighted with the result!

How about you guys?
Blondie

Re: Dua Lipa

Postby Blondie » 04 Jun 2017, 02:46

I'm a fan.

I didn't know much about her but went to one of her shows with a friend and was impressed, best $15 I've spent in a while.

I actually ordered a signed vinyl of her album off Amazon UK. I can't wait to give it a listen.
Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Jun 2017, 12:15

Blondie wrote:I'm a fan.

I didn't know much about her but went to one of her shows with a friend and was impressed, best $15 I've spent in a while.

I actually ordered a signed vinyl of her album off Amazon UK. I can't wait to give it a listen.

How much did you pay for it? I'd swear only yesterday that vinyl was couple of pounds cheaper and now it's more expensive. I was thinking of ordering that, too, but it's not full, deluxe track list on there, just the basic 12 tracks.

Plus it's not like some of the vinyl albums which got the MP3 album's download code which is great imo and much more handy:)

Edit: actually some of the albums - like Sophie's 'Familia' for example - don't have the MP3 code sticker on it but there's that download code inside apparently, so can you let me know if there's one in Dua's record please when you'll receive it?
Blondie

Postby Blondie » 04 Jun 2017, 13:41

The Spice Girls wrote:

How much did you pay for it? I'd swear only yesterday that vinyl was couple of pounds cheaper and now it's more expensive. I was thinking of ordering that, too, but it's not full, deluxe track list on there, just the basic 12 tracks.

Plus it's not like some of the vinyl albums which got the MP3 album's download code which is great imo and much more handy:)

Edit: actually some of the albums - like Sophie's 'Familia' for example - don't have the MP3 code sticker on it but there's that download code inside apparently, so can you let me know if there's one in Dua's record please when you'll receive it?

I paid around $23 with shipping, I was surprised it was that cheap.
I'll double check when it comes in about the download code.
If you ever get a chance to go to one of her shows, you should.

What songs are your favorites?
Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Jun 2017, 14:07

Blondie wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:

I was meant to go to her London show earlier this year and still am begging my friends to go to the November one but they're not interested and I don't want to go alone, lol.

My faves are Mwah (my now ex colleague starred in that video so she did in Rita Ora's 'Poison'), Thinking 'Bout You, IDGAF, Be The One, Genesis and No Lie, which sadly didn't make the tracklist. But I love whole album! Got it on repeat and am streaming it 24/7 now at home, want her to get #1, Lol! How about you?
Blondie

Postby Blondie » 04 Jun 2017, 15:38

The Spice Girls wrote:
Blondie wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:

I was meant to go to her London show earlier this year and still am begging my friends to go to the November one but they're not interested and I don't want to go alone, lol.

My faves are Mwah (my now ex colleague starred in that video so she did in Rita Ora's 'Poison'), Thinking 'Bout You, IDGAF, Be The One, Genesis and No Lie, which sadly didn't make the tracklist. But I love whole album! Got it on repeat and am streaming it 24/7 now at home, want her to get #1, Lol! How about you?

Well if you can convince them, you should. When I went to the show I wasn't really familiar with any of her music. I just kept seeing her name everywhere so decided to attend. The show itself was so good, her voice is amazing.

I love Mwah, Room for 2, Be the One and Last Dance. I'm so bummed about No Lie! I think I read somewhere though that she plans of giving that song a release but it will be a "live" version.

Speaking of Mwah, I also found out Dua sold chokers in her webstore that matched hers like the video. I was bummed to discover it was sold out. Lol

I would love for her to make it to number one here in the states but thats wishful thinking. I am hoping for a top 20 position, fingers crossed.
Blondie

Postby Blondie » 04 Jun 2017, 15:52

Did you know she did an exclusive 12" ep with urban outfitters?
Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Jun 2017, 16:20

Blondie wrote:Did you know she did an exclusive 12" ep with urban outfitters?

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/10162724?ev=rb

That one you meant?

I knew it's limited but didn't know it's for clothing company, lol.
Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Jun 2017, 17:18

I guess I was waiting too long and the signed vinyl is not available anymore:/
Blondie

Postby Blondie » 05 Jun 2017, 17:52

The Spice Girls wrote:I guess I was waiting too long and the signed vinyl is not available anymore:/

That's so crazy! I know she tweeted they had more in stock, I'm surprised they sold out again so quickly.
Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Jun 2017, 18:16

Blondie wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:I guess I was waiting too long and the signed vinyl is not available anymore:/

That's so crazy! I know she tweeted they had more in stock, I'm surprised they sold out again so quickly.

When did she tweet that?
Blondie

Postby Blondie » 05 Jun 2017, 18:38

The Spice Girls wrote:
Blondie wrote:

When did she tweet that?

I think like 10 or so hours ago.
I only know that because I sent my friend a link telling her to buy one but she didn't.
Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jun 2017, 00:03

Blondie wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
Blondie wrote:

When did she tweet that?

I only know that because I sent my friend a link telling her to buy one but she didn't.

So you reckon they will restock it on Amazon? Do you know if I can somehow find out if it will be restocked at Amazon or not really? Is there any option that you can ask them that?
Blondie

Postby Blondie » 06 Jun 2017, 01:51

The Spice Girls wrote:
Blondie wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
Blondie wrote:

When did she tweet that?

So you reckon they will restock it on Amazon? Do you know if I can somehow find out if it will be restocked at Amazon or not really? Is there any option that you can ask them that?

I'm not 100% sure about Amazon, I know you could add it to your "wish list". I think it would then send you a notification if it came back in stock.

I will tell you this, when I went to her show she sold autographed posters. I managed to get one, I'd be a little surprised if they didn't on her next tour as well.
Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jun 2017, 03:29

/\ did you have a chance to meet&greet her after the show, she's still rather new artist so am sure she's doing that for free (if only) and not charging like some kind of Adele or Justin.
Blondie

Postby Blondie » 06 Jun 2017, 05:32

I didn't! I wish I could've. It was a sold out show so it was pretty packed and probably would've been a challenge.

I'm hoping to go see her again when she comes back.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 05 Aug 2017, 01:03

Surprised no one has posted:

Love!!
Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Aug 2017, 08:34

/\ ? How comes? There are only 2 fans on here and none of us mentioned NR as our faves, Lol! You should check her album then, it's full of bops!
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 05 Aug 2017, 15:03

Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 05 Aug 2017, 19:41

Peter wrote:/\ ? How comes? There are only 2 fans on here and none of us mentioned NR as our faves, Lol! You should check her album then, it's full of bops!

Already have! :p

The only reason I was surprised is because New Rules is becoming a big hit, she's starting to receive a lot more attention than even 2 months ago when this topic was started. New Rules is currently #17 in the Spotify Global chart which is a pretty big deal! :love:
jcmantaray
Previous username(s): Jade_Surfer

Postby jcmantaray » 06 Aug 2017, 01:45

It took me a while to warm to Dua...I saw her at SXSW in Austin, Texas last year when Last Dance was her current single, and it was kind of forgettable. When Be The One was rereleased, I fell in love. New Rules didn't stand out on her album at first, but now that it's a single, I'm stunned that I didn't pick it out on the album. The video and choreography really enhances the song, and I'm so happy that this single is finally bringing Dua well-deserved attention!

Return to “Music”