TLC

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
mattz10101
Custom Title: SpiceUpYourLife.

Re: TLC

Postby mattz10101 » 22 May 2017, 20:46

Dave87 wrote:
mattz10101 wrote:
CanadianBacon wrote:
Dave87 wrote:Lefteye recorded songs for 3D and they only actually put one (Girl talk) on the CD. The other 3 songs she was on were reused raps from her Supernova solo album. So they could try actually using the songs she recorded for the last album. I feel like they just don't wanna deal with her Family. There is a lot of tension there steaming from the biopic.

I didn't realize there was tension between the two members and Lisa's family. I'm probably behind on this, but how did the biopic cause that?

To me, TLC is always missing that FIRE without Lisa's touch. Their music is fine otherwise; it just becomes less fierce and more ... easy-listening and groovy in my opinion.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that Lisa's family felt that they should have been involved more with the movie, since Lisa is no longer around to put her input in. Let's not forget that when they re-made Waterfalls with that Japanese artist, her sister lashed out and went to the media saying it was disrespectful to replace Lisa on the song. I think there's been bad blood there for quite a while

Yes and it's so unfortunate because Lisa's Mom is married to T-Boz's uncle so I'm sure that causes an extra bit of family drama in all this.

Yeah it's just one big mess at this point. :/
CanadianBacon

Postby CanadianBacon » 25 May 2017, 04:01

mattz10101 wrote:
CanadianBacon wrote:
Dave87 wrote:Lefteye recorded songs for 3D and they only actually put one (Girl talk) on the CD. The other 3 songs she was on were reused raps from her Supernova solo album. So they could try actually using the songs she recorded for the last album. I feel like they just don't wanna deal with her Family. There is a lot of tension there steaming from the biopic.

I didn't realize there was tension between the two members and Lisa's family. I'm probably behind on this, but how did the biopic cause that?

To me, TLC is always missing that FIRE without Lisa's touch. Their music is fine otherwise; it just becomes less fierce and more ... easy-listening and groovy in my opinion.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that Lisa's family felt that they should have been involved more with the movie, since Lisa is no longer around to put her input in. Let's not forget that when they re-made Waterfalls with that Japanese artist, her sister lashed out and went to the media saying it was disrespectful to replace Lisa on the song. I think there's been bad blood there for quite a while

There was zero need to re-record Waterfalls. ZERO.

Just like here was no reason for Bryan Adams to replace Melanie Cs vocals on When You're Gone with those of Pam Anderson several years after its release.

Trash.
mattz10101
Custom Title: SpiceUpYourLife.

Postby mattz10101 » 25 May 2017, 04:22

CanadianBacon wrote:
mattz10101 wrote:
CanadianBacon wrote:

Just like here was no reason for Bryan Adams to replace Melanie Cs vocals on When You're Gone with those of Pam Anderson several years after its release.

Trash.

While I agree, I believe they had to re record all the hits if they wanted to use them in the film? I still don't know why that happened that way...
This_Groove
Custom Title: SmallMan

Postby This_Groove » 21 Jun 2017, 05:11

mattz10101 wrote:
CanadianBacon wrote:
mattz10101 wrote:
CanadianBacon wrote:

Trash.

While I agree, I believe they had to re record all the hits if they wanted to use them in the film? I still don't know why that happened that way...

I don't know in details but it's something to do with copyright. Toni Braxton also had to re-record her songs to be used in her bio movie, and she said it's concerning copyright.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 22 Jun 2017, 03:51

This_Groove wrote:
mattz10101 wrote:
CanadianBacon wrote:
mattz10101 wrote:

Trash.

I don't know in details but it's something to do with copyright. Toni Braxton also had to re-record her songs to be used in her bio movie, and she said it's concerning copyright.

Both of them were signed to La Face Records too, not sure if that paid a factor. When she filed for bankruptcy, she lost the rights to 27 of her signature songs. Part of the reason for filing was due to her lawsuits she had with her record labels, Arista and Blackground (Jojo's old label). The rights were auctioned off from what I remember and she was outbid by someone. Her limit was $20k. But she bought them back from the buyer.
Cheer

Postby Cheer » 24 Jun 2017, 18:05

Jer

Postby Jer » 24 Jun 2017, 18:58

Way Back seems to be the only song from this album that seems to have that TLC flavour, which is a shame.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 24 Jun 2017, 23:39

Jer wrote:Way Back seems to be the only song from this album that seems to have that TLC flavour, which is a shame.

For me, all of their albums are lackluster. The singles and maybe 1 or 2 album tracks will catch my ears.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 11 Jul 2017, 03:07

Anyone know where it charted in the US? I saw that it was #1 on the UK R&B charts and #40 in the UK pop charts.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 11 Jul 2017, 06:58

BootyliciousJosh wrote:Anyone know where it charted in the US? I saw that it was #1 on the UK R&B charts and #40 in the UK pop charts.

Looks like it didn't chart within top 200 at all which is really weird.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 11 Jul 2017, 10:36

#383 on US iTunes at the moment, but hard to tell where it charted the day/week it was released.
Alberto!

Postby Alberto! » 12 Jul 2017, 00:46

BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 12 Jul 2017, 04:57

What a shame :'( They promoted the hell out of the record. Sucks that radio hasn't even played them.

Return to “Music”