Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Re: Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Postby Mikerecords » 02 May 2017, 07:22

So they're waiting for Melanie C to join... Good for them, I missed Melanie C's voice in Song For Her.
THE sequel to GEM's "Song For Her"...
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKNs7v1ONA
The 'Song For Me' release date is scheduled for May 16.
The single will be released on online channels including Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport and more.

http://www.instagram.com/the004official
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 02 May 2017, 14:07

Mikerecords wrote:So they're waiting for Melanie C to join... Good for them, I missed Melanie C's voice in Song For Her.

The thing is I'm not entirely sure what she meant.

It could be that they want to do something even if Melanie is not on borad, but if she joins they'll be happy to have her on board.
Or could be that they want to do something and will happilly do it ONLY IF Melanie joins.

Maybe it's just me that doesn't understand it. Either way, I don't get my hopes high.
kamel

Postby kamel » 02 May 2017, 14:28

ep7210 wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
charmedboy wrote:Geri's interview on Vanity Fair Italy this week:

For years now there's a rumor about the Spice Girls getting back together. Any hope this will happen?

Geri: "We thought about it, but Victoria doesn't want to know anything about it and Melanie C is unsure. Emma, Mel B and I recorded a song, Song For Her, to celebrate the band's 20 years. The fans welcomed it with an enthusiasm we didn't expect. We'd like to do something. If Mel C will join, we'll be happy."

Source: https://www.vanityfair.it/people/mondo/ ... irl-gossip

This is the best I've read about this so called reunion this year! Thank you, Geri!

If these were her real words, she sounded like they actually chose to release SFH for their fans, which was sadly not true...They never chose to release any songs for fans

Maybe they wanted to release it but they knew the song was not that good and they did gave up
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 02 May 2017, 14:53

She probably meant the fans welcomed the leak with enthusiasm on twitter and on youtube as that first video for Song For Her that later got removed got alot of views and positive comments.
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 02 May 2017, 16:47

She considers Song for Her leak as something they did for the fans? It was leaked, and not in high quality either. If you wanna do something for the fans, release it on iTunes and Spotify, maybe make a cheap ass lyric video, since they're so trendy these days, and say thanks. I mean, it's not like a it's a bad song or anything. It's care-free, catchy and positive. Very Spice Girls. Of course their fans have huge, unrealistic expectations of anything they do, and no matter what they released, it'd still be panned by fans. Just forget about what anyone thinks and do what you want.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 02 May 2017, 16:53

She said fans welcomed the song with enthusiasm, not that it was meant to be released or that they specifically recorded it for the fans. Don't twist her words.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 02 May 2017, 20:16

I think her words are taken so different by everyone

Me, I understood it as: they recorded it... it got leaked (she didn't say they leaked it but obviously they found out it got leaked) and fans liked it (which is true with a lot...)

That's it.
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 03 May 2017, 04:13

PeruvianSpice wrote:I think her words are taken so different by everyone

Me, I understood it as: they recorded it... it got leaked (she didn't say they leaked it but obviously they found out it got leaked) and fans liked it (which is true with a lot...)

That's it.

That's actually what everyone here should understand but then the forum would be really boring.
Hannes84
Deactivated by request

Postby Hannes84 » 03 May 2017, 13:34

PeruvianSpice wrote:I think her words are taken so different by everyone

That's it.

She also said her record won't be released because it got leaked. So, that's her thinking.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 04 May 2017, 15:03

Hannes84 wrote:She also said her record won't be released because it got leaked. So, that's her thinking.

She said she doesn't know if Beautiful Life will be released because it got leaked. She was never so certain it won't.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 04 May 2017, 15:13

DannyDirnt wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:She also said her record won't be released because it got leaked. So, that's her thinking.

She said she doesn't know if Beautiful Life will be released because it got leaked. She was never so certain it won't.

In another interview she said she couldn't use the songs she had recorded cause they had leaked it.

Not that it means she won't use them for sure, but she did mention that apart from her Beautiful Life comment.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 05 May 2017, 05:01

Even though the album leaked, she can easily re-work the song.
ep7210

Postby ep7210 » 05 May 2017, 12:24

BootyliciousJosh wrote:Even though the album leaked, she can easily re-work the song.

Once the songs leaked, no record company will be willing to release them so it's not up to her to release those leaked songs...even though they are reworked...
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 06 May 2017, 17:09

Madrox wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/may/05/my-quest-to-meet-the-spice-girls?CMP=fb_gu

Read that earlier, it's a very good read. And pretty much confirm what I expect the different girls to be like.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 06 May 2017, 18:14

Actually, that Mel B story surfaced long ago and we all hated Mel... but seeing everything in perspective, that interview was conducted the day she had an episode with Stephan where they fought and later he locked her in her room and made her feel the X Factor finale... so her behaviour, even if rude, is understandable... she was going through hell

Geri and Melanie C seemed like the nicest ones. And Emma was lovely...

VB seemed lke an insecure woman... or so I understood
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 06 May 2017, 18:44

Quite ironic that he went on and on about Victoria being insecure about photos yet in every photo he has the same pout going on!
FarAway

Postby FarAway » 06 May 2017, 18:52

Mel B did say to him she just had a big fight with her ex that day, and now we all know what that was like, so we can't really blame her. But it is a good story on all of them.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 06 May 2017, 22:03

Mel B has definitely been through a lot and I have a lot of empathy for her and her family. However, it's been recorded time and time again by many different people that she is not the nicest nor easiest person to work with of be around. The David Sinclair book, I need say no more.

And he's not the only fan who had a bad experience when meeting la Victoria. His pout has nothing to do with it. It's interesting, Victoria keeps insisting she's not a moody bitch, and though I'm sure she is a decent enough creature in private, she pretty much sets up her public persona herself. So if she doesn't want to be seen as a c*nt she should start behaving differently. Personally I think she gets off of acting like a stuck-up supermodel.
tommie

Postby tommie » 06 May 2017, 22:56

Victoria just sounds like your every day control freak. She wants to control her image at any cost, so she comes off as stuck up. She's never going to let her guard down around a random journalist.
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 06 May 2017, 23:29

Andreas wrote:
Madrox wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/may/05/my-quest-to-meet-the-spice-girls?CMP=fb_gu

Read that earlier, it's a very good read. And pretty much confirm what I expect the different girls to be like.

Great read! And yes, it is what I more or less expect from them. I've met MelC, Emma and Geri and my impressions suit perfectly with this article. Although I've met them in different circumstances. I mean, he met them working, I was just stalking them (not true, just Emma :p )
James
Custom Title: Legacy member

Postby James » 07 May 2017, 02:21

Nice article from the Guardian but I can't help but feel he was a bit inflammatory - clearly goading Mel B in a bad mood (why would you?), telling Emma that Geri was your favourite Spice Girl (clearly that wasn't the preferred answer) and Melanie C never likes questions about the other girls.

If I was a fan that waited until 2014 to meet my favourite group, I'd definitely go about it in a different way - but good on him for getting pictures with all five.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 07 May 2017, 10:32

I sort of expected all of them to be nice. Reading that about Mel B disappointed me a bit, but it is true she was going through a lot at that time. Victoria sounds okay, just really concerned about the pictures that will surface online. She's just very insecure. It surprises me though that after 20 years of fame she still hasn't got over it all. It was lovely to read the Geri part. Pretty much what I expected, she has come a really long way as a person and that's empowering for whoever looks up to her.
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 07 May 2017, 14:04

I appreciate when people are being honest and call out celebrities when they are being rude. At the end of the day, they're normal people just like you and me, and shouldn't get special treatment just because they're of a certain status. As a journalist, you should always show a certain amount of professionalism, but the same goes for the person who is being interviewed.
Hannes84
Deactivated by request

Postby Hannes84 » 07 May 2017, 19:57

Surprisingly good journalism by today's strandards. Really good read. I know Mel B has had a rough marriage and you cannot downplay that in any way. But she has pretty much always acted like she did in the interview mentioned in the article. She's all over the place, rude, making personal remarks about the interviewers, and calling questions stupid. Just really unprofessional and that's probably why she is my least fav Spice Girl (right after Geri). Seems like Emma, Mel C and Vic are the only ones that actually appreciate what they have and how they got there.

Return to “Spice Girls”