Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
DannyDirnt

Re: Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Postby DannyDirnt » 21 May 2017, 15:03

I don't find any of their records "timeless". I definitely don't see any of the three being released today. Both Spice and Spiceworld scream 90s from the top of their lungs. I think the main difference lays in the memories we have associated with the records. If the Forever era had had tons of group promo and a tour and had been filled with friendship and fun, we would certainly see the album in a different way. But because the girls themselves have always ignored the existence of Forever, it feels as if it didn't count, almost as if it was a leaked unofficial one. For me anyway.
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 21 May 2017, 15:47

onebigfan wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:
felx wrote:oh my....

YES their songs were silly (lyrically)

but they were young!!!!!

Now they are in their 40....if they cant wrote normal lyrics that's big problem....

back then they were young and silly, loveable, now just sad and laughable.... :laugh:

that is the different!

Dude, it's the Spice Girls. Not Adele. What happened when they went more "mature" and sexy with their imagine during the Forever era? They flopped. It wasn't fun anymore. It was not care-free. It was like Brandy or Janet Jackson. And that was NOT why Spice Girls were famous and selling shitload of albums. What people want is songs like Song for Her, not songs like Tell Me Why. That's why the feedback has been mainly positive this time around. Only some fans and fans who work at news papers have had a lot to whine about.

I agree, the Spice Girls are totally about having fun. Another reason Headlines flopped too, it wasn't what the fans or the public wanted at the time, we wanted them to return with a fun new record that would catch everyone's attention again, instead we got a boring ballad that was something Adele might have been able to make a number 1 hit of. And don't even get me started on that video ...

Absolutely. I mentioned Adele simply because she is everything BUT fun. Not because I like her. (I actually avoid her music the best as I can lol).

Some people will blame Geri's departure but we all know what happened with Headlines, while she was there. It was not the lack of promotion either, it was the music and the content of it. It was boring, and too late for the genre. The whole R&B thing was already dying off when Forever got released. In 1997 it might've worked, but music genre had gone more pop-sounding by 2000. It was just another R&B album with only a few stand out tracks. As I said, the casual fans (which is not us) want fun, care-free and catchy music from these girls. Voodoo is up-beat but it's a leftover. I'm surprised they even put it on the GH album. That's how bad it is.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 21 May 2017, 20:21

iaintiffin wrote:The first album is heavily R&B influenced then went full pop on SW so I don't think Forever is as big of a departure as some make out.

The R&B 'sound' on Forever is different than the one on Spice. Forever was produced by American R&B producers who had worked with Destiny's Child, Toni Braxton and others. When Darkchild produced Forever, he didn't deviate at all from what he normally produces. Nothing on Spice sounds remotely like Darkchild.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 21 May 2017, 23:13

I still think Voodoo is a better comeback song than Headlines. It's a bit empty lyric-wise, but it's not like Headlines is their best song ever, and I think that sonically it's a fun and spicy song. I like how every girl gets to sing, and no one can deny that it's catchy. I might get murdered for this though :laugh:
kamel

Postby kamel » 21 May 2017, 23:16

that vodoo song is horrible
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 22 May 2017, 16:57

The only thing that`s bad with Voodoo, imo, is the chorus.
The verses are great! And fun! :D
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 22 May 2017, 18:41

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
PoshInMaine wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:Due to streaming it's hard to determine what could be a hit song in this day.

However with some more production work and mastering of the vocals I definetly could see Song for Her as a hit song with decent promotion. It has a wonderful chorus.

The chorus is great! It was stuck in my head for days. The verses could have used more work though...

The chorus was catchy but far from great. The lyrics are poor and the music production is something coming with a time machine from the 90s.

In your opinion. :)
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 22 May 2017, 21:37

Fenrik wrote:The only thing that`s bad with Voodoo, imo, is the chorus.

I agree. The verses are very catchy and fun. Very much in the original spirit of Spice Girls-positivity! But the chorus, on the other hand... That was a choice.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 22 May 2017, 22:03

IMO, the production was bad...
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 22 May 2017, 22:26

Andreas wrote:
Fenrik wrote:The only thing that`s bad with Voodoo, imo, is the chorus.

I agree. The verses are very catchy and fun. Very much in the original spirit of Spice Girls-positivity! But the chorus, on the other hand... That was a choice.

Yeah the chorus dont live up to the expectations that the verses are giving us. A big let down. I do sometimes listen to this song though. :D
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 22 May 2017, 23:31

I think overall it's an enjoyable song. Maybe a different production would have helped the song stand out a bit more. But the song structure really is a shame. They blurt out all of the verses at the very start of the song and then there's nothing but chorus repetitions and Mel C's part. I think separating Emma and Geri's verse from Mel B and Victoria's with a chorus would have been a more interesting option. Maybe even a "second round" of verses. It does make for a nice album track though, but with some changes it could be a great Spice hit.
ep7210

Postby ep7210 » 23 May 2017, 03:19

DannyDirnt wrote:I think overall it's an enjoyable song. Maybe a different production would have helped the song stand out a bit more. But the song structure really is a shame. They blurt out all of the verses at the very start of the song and then there's nothing but chorus repetitions and Mel C's part. I think separating Emma and Geri's verse from Mel B and Victoria's with a chorus would have been a more interesting option. Maybe even a "second round" of verses. It does make for a nice album track though, but with some changes it could be a great Spice hit.

it would have sounded much nicer live...if only
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 23 May 2017, 05:07

PeruvianSpice wrote:IMO, the production was bad...

Finally something you don't like about them...
But honestly the production on voodoo is bad but song for her is great?

Like people before me mention, the verses are amazing, fun and empowering, poppy and spicy. Philosophical but girlpowerish without taking themselves too seriously. But the chorus is dreadful. Hemetic. Almost as bad as song for her and stop.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 23 May 2017, 05:08

ep7210 wrote:
DannyDirnt wrote:I think overall it's an enjoyable song. Maybe a different production would have helped the song stand out a bit more. But the song structure really is a shame. They blurt out all of the verses at the very start of the song and then there's nothing but chorus repetitions and Mel C's part. I think separating Emma and Geri's verse from Mel B and Victoria's with a chorus would have been a more interesting option. Maybe even a "second round" of verses. It does make for a nice album track though, but with some changes it could be a great Spice hit.

The studio version is just as bad...

it would have sounded much nicer live...if only
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 23 May 2017, 05:09

HAHA ... there's many things I don't like.

I just know when and how to put it. I don't try to appear as if I hate them.

I don't like "Voodoo" nor "Spice Invaders"
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 23 May 2017, 22:01

Spice Invaders is a masterpiece :laugh: and you will deal

DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 24 May 2017, 11:03

I never really got to like 2 Become 1. It's grown on me lately, but when I was little I used to hate it. Still I usually skip it when it comes into shuffle or when I'm watching a live concert.
Poosh

Postby Poosh » 24 May 2017, 11:04

DannyDirnt wrote:I never really got to like 2 Become 1. It's grown on me lately, but when I was little I used to hate it. Still I usually skip it when it comes into shuffle or when I'm watching a live concert.

Didn't know that was possible.
Peter

Postby Peter » 24 May 2017, 12:37

Poosh wrote:
DannyDirnt wrote:I never really got to like 2 Become 1. It's grown on me lately, but when I was little I used to hate it. Still I usually skip it when it comes into shuffle or when I'm watching a live concert.

Me too.
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 24 May 2017, 23:32

The Spice Girls wrote:
Poosh wrote:

Me too.

Then hold on to your nickers, I use to skip it too.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 24 May 2017, 23:53

Sometimes me too! :satan:

I dont mind it at all! It`s a great song, but there are plenty of other Spice songs I`d rather listen to before this one.
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 25 May 2017, 05:00

To those who hate Headlines, Voodoo and Song For Her, I hope you are enjoy listening to Bumper to Bumper, Spice Invaders, Baby Come Around etc...
Indospice

Postby Indospice » 25 May 2017, 10:22

Tyler Henry tells Mel B a Spice Girls reunion will happen :grin:
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 25 May 2017, 14:08

It's 20 years since Spice made number 1 in America. Sold 7.5 million and spent 105 weeks on the chart.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... the-charts
Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 25 May 2017, 18:30

WhatTheHell wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
Poosh wrote:

Me too.

Then hold on to your nickers, I use to skip it too.

I dislike 2 become 1 too, always have.
I seldom listen to Emma´s solo acoustic live version, but thats it.

Return to “Spice Girls”