SAY YOU'LL BE THERE ☆ Discussion Thread (2nd Single from 'Spice')

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.

Say You'll Be There:

I love it
83%
I like it
9%
I don't mind it (neither particularly like it or dislike it)
7%
I dislike it
2%
I hate it
No votes

Total votes: 117
Peter

Re: Say You'll Be There

Postby Peter » 06 Nov 2016, 16:37

How random that in description it says "one of the most famous girl bands - Spice Girls". Bitch, please! They are the most successful and famous girl band EVER!
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 06 Nov 2016, 16:42

Stas wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:
Stas wrote:Why Cowell is so negative about the girls?!

What did he say?

I don't remember the exact words, but he said that when he heard about their choice of a song he thought it would be a total disaster. Also Louis Douchebag Walsh said something negative. It seems that he only likes boys. :p I think only Sharon was being cool about them (Spice Girls). Bless her. :Angel: I didn't really hear what Nicole said, she never really has anything important to say anyway.

Oh and a bit O/T but who voted these artists into the finals? None of them can hold a tune and they seem really bored on stage. :death:

Oh well, he's always been jealous and bitchy
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 06 Nov 2016, 16:54

Stas wrote:Why Cowell is so negative about the girls?!

Bitter Cowell is still so salty that the girls are partially responsible for his success and he never got to directly profit off them.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 07 Nov 2016, 02:32

Video isn't available in my country...
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 11 Nov 2016, 02:22

Emma Station |
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 11 Nov 2016, 23:27

tiagohm wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2125074/fans-launch-campaign-to-get-spice-girls-hit-say-youll-be-there-back-in-the-charts-after-20-years-following-5-after-midnights-x-factor-cover/

Thanks for the link! They did a fantastic cover!! This needs to be a single.
PopIsHot
Custom Title: Hotter Now

Re: SAY YOU'LL BE THERE ☆ Discussion Thread (2nd Single from 'Spice')

Postby PopIsHot » 20 Dec 2016, 20:52

Best Elliot Kennedy song ever! Second is Song for her, then PainProof and Right Back at Ya! I cannot wait for it to get 50 million views on YouTube!
Official Spiceworld
Custom Title: Spice Girls Net

Postby Official Spiceworld » 23 Apr 2017, 13:25

Say You'll Be There reached 50m in early March 2017 and in just 5-6 weeks it's reached 51,010,310 views.

The fact it's had over 1m+ views in just a few weeks is brilliant :D

SPICE GIRLS NET - Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Instagram
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 24 Apr 2017, 16:59

I've always just liked this song. It was never one of my favorites. I'm not a particularly big R&B fan so it never truly spoke to me the way their pop songs did. With that said, I really enjoy the video ~ it was probably where I really started my obsession with Ginger, especially. Also, I respect the song because it made them a legit success and credible and not just a one hit wonder.
spicyjellybaby
Custom Title: AKA Kingellybaby

Postby spicyjellybaby » 24 Apr 2017, 23:49

I adore this song.

Pet hate is the album version having the vinyl sound at the beginning (obviously got bumped off of being first on spice following Wannabes success).
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 25 Apr 2017, 12:25

If it was the case that SYBT was originally intended to be the first track on Spice, I wonder where Wannabe would have been positioned in the track list? I literally cannot imagine it sounding right anywhere but as the first song.

SYBT with its "putting the needle on the vinyl" sound effect was included on all of its single formats, but is credited as the 'Single Mix' - even though it's exactly the same as the version included on the album.

Same goes for Wannabe being referred to as a 'Radio Edit' on single, but it was included on the album in that form anyway.
Official Spiceworld
Custom Title: Spice Girls Net

Postby Official Spiceworld » 25 Apr 2017, 16:10

Jay wrote:If it was the case that SYBT was originally intended to be the first track on Spice, I wonder where Wannabe would have been positioned in the track list? I literally cannot imagine it sounding right anywhere but as the first song.

SYBT with its "putting the needle on the vinyl" sound effect was included on all of its single formats, but is credited as the 'Single Mix' - even though it's exactly the same as the version included on the album.

Same goes for Wannabe being referred to as a 'Radio Edit' on single, but it was included on the album in that form anyway.

Because SYBT opened with the vinyl sound effect and finished with IUCD, I always think of Wannabe as the intro and then the vinyl sound is like the start of the album really kicking off it that makes sense.
SPICE GIRLS NET - Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Instagram
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 25 Apr 2017, 17:38

It does! :D Maybe that was their intention all along?
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 25 Apr 2017, 18:07

Jay wrote:If it was the case that SYBT was originally intended to be the first track on Spice, I wonder where Wannabe would have been positioned in the track list? I literally cannot imagine it sounding right anywhere but as the first song.

We're used to it as the 1st track, but I think if it had been track #2 the album would still flow nicely.

Maybe the assumption that SYBT was meant to be track 1 because of the vinyl sound is just wrong, though. It might be just a coincidence, specially taking into account that SYBT and IUCD had different producers. And, like you pointed, the fact that the "single version" still has the vinyl sound (while at the time they released it they probably already knew 'Wannabe' was going to be the first track) kind of confirms it was an effect they wanted for that song individually, not as part of a cohesive album.

I do believe there's a longer mix of 'Wannabe' that was replaced with the "radio edit" on the album because it was a huge hit and obviously people would want that version on the album. I think the original mix might sound like the movie version where's there's a small instrumental before Melanie C's first verse. It would make sense that it had been labeled "radio mix" or "single mix" to differentiate it from the other r&b version that Virgin wanted to release, but since it's "radio edit", it must have been mixed from an "unedited" version (probably longer).

Same goes for SUYL. There must be an original different version mixed by Standard & Rowe that Mark 'Spike' Stent used to create the Radio Mix (that, in my theory, it sounds closer to the 1998 live version, since that would also explain why the girls wanted a Carnival theme for the video).
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 18 May 2017, 07:29

Anyone know where the video nicknames came from? Kung Fu Candy etc? Did they ever talk about them etc?

Return to “Spice Girls”