Spiceworld Widescreen version?

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
EricRiotT

Spiceworld Widescreen version?

Postby EricRiotT » 16 May 2017, 03:13

I noticed that the widescreen version of Spiceworld (occasionally available on Netflix) is cropped on the top and bottom of the screen compared to the fullscreen version from the original US DVD release... however the widescreen version does extend the picture horizontally, so neither is the complete picture (see screencaps below). Does anyone know if a complete true widescreen version of the film exists?

Fullscreen:

Widescreen:
spice96

Re: Spiceworld Widescreen version?

Postby spice96 » 16 May 2017, 10:42

EricRiotT wrote:
Fullscreen:

That is 5:3 edition

EricRiotT wrote:
Widescreen:

[/quote]

No official widescreen edition. Cropped image from DVD. And I think it's fake HD (Rescaled from 576p to 1080p)

EricRiotT wrote:

An this is 4:3 edition. (Spain DVD edition.

The real widescreem (Full image) only in cinema...
spice96

Re: Spiceworld Widescreen version?

Postby spice96 » 16 May 2017, 15:14

Trailers that have been aired for cinema they are in 16:9 BUT the image is CROPPED and for that reason the trailers of "spice world the movie" are widescreem... but false widescreen...

Is it possible that the movie was only edited in 5:4 and from there was cropped in 16:9 for the cinema?

I think the movie was only edited in 5:4 ... (Although the movie was recorded in 16:9), And then in the cinema they reedited the film from the image in 5:4 converting it to 16:9 (A false widescreem as in netflix)

Return to “Spice Girls”