'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26835
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby Javi » 25 Jun 2017, 12:54

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:I'm glad she's promoting it. Hopefully she'll visit some more European countries in the next couple of months along with a decent single.

Then she needs another album, cause the only songs on VOM that had hit potential are Numb and Anymore.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
KingOfSpiceWorld
Posts: 396
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 20:05

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 25 Jun 2017, 14:21

Javi wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:I'm glad she's promoting it. Hopefully she'll visit some more European countries in the next couple of months along with a decent single.

Then she needs another album, cause the only songs on VOM that had hit potential are Numb and Anymore.

What about something for the fire?
LOL
Did I say hit? I said decent. She can release the one with nelly Furtado's music. It is decent and with few good remixes it can do well in the summer.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
User avatar
Hannes84
Posts: 412
Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 09:34
Gender: Male
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior
Country: Finland

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby Hannes84 » 26 Jun 2017, 00:28

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Javi wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:I'm glad she's promoting it. Hopefully she'll visit some more European countries in the next couple of months along with a decent single.

Then she needs another album, cause the only songs on VOM that had hit potential are Numb and Anymore.

What about something for the fire?
LOL
Did I say hit? I said decent. She can release the one with nelly Furtado's music. It is decent and with few good remixes it can do well in the summer.

Just ignore him.

Something for the Fire is amazing, it could've easily been a single. However, Room for Love is more radio-friendly
Image
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26835
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby Javi » 26 Jun 2017, 12:33

Hannes84 wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Javi wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:I'm glad she's promoting it. Hopefully she'll visit some more European countries in the next couple of months along with a decent single.

Then she needs another album, cause the only songs on VOM that had hit potential are Numb and Anymore.

What about something for the fire?
LOL
Did I say hit? I said decent. She can release the one with nelly Furtado's music. It is decent and with few good remixes it can do well in the summer.

Just ignore him.

Something for the Fire is amazing, it could've easily been a single. However, Room for Love is more radio-friendly

What don't you ignore me and let other users reply to my opinions whenever they want to? Thank you.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
tiagohm
Posts: 4444
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Brazil
Location: São Leopoldo, RS

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby tiagohm » 01 Jul 2017, 01:32

Brazilian edition

Emma Station |
User avatar
King
Posts: 6816
Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 12:43
Gender: Male

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby King » 01 Jul 2017, 11:21

tiagohm wrote:Brazilian edition



:love:

It's such a joy finding a new CD by your favourite artist.
Image
california
Posts: 1502
Joined: 04 Sep 2005, 21:10
Gender: Male
Country: France
Location: Paris

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby california » 01 Jul 2017, 14:04

Does someone know the official Brazilian chart and where VOM starts? :-)
_________________________________________________________
Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Spice-Girls-co ... 625961149/
My blog:
http://spicecollection.skyrock.com/ (2800 items)
Thom
Posts: 9234
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby Thom » 01 Jul 2017, 18:44

does she actually make a profit out of this album?
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
User avatar
King
Posts: 6816
Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 12:43
Gender: Male

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby King » 01 Jul 2017, 22:56

Thom wrote:does she actually make a profit out of this album?


She does, but not from album or singles sales, she makes a profit with each show she does as she's getting paid for it, that's why she performs a lot on festivals and open airs, it's good money and she gets to showcase her new stuff (every promo is good promo even though it doesn't translate sales wise, but she's a great performer and people love to watch/listen to her, that's why she still gets invited to such events).
Image
User avatar
Hannes84
Posts: 412
Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 09:34
Gender: Male
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior
Country: Finland

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby Hannes84 » 01 Jul 2017, 23:30

King wrote:
Thom wrote:does she actually make a profit out of this album?


She does, but not from album or singles sales, she makes a profit with each show she does as she's getting paid for it, that's why she performs a lot on festivals and open airs, it's good money and she gets to showcase her new stuff (every promo is good promo even though it doesn't translate sales wise, but she's a great performer and people love to watch/listen to her, that's why she still gets invited to such events).

I thought she said she is not making any money off the album nor the tour? I could swear she specifically talked about the shows costing more money to create than they generate. And that's really really amazing, that she is being so open about it and admitting it straight up like that. Like, "I'm doing this cause I wanna do this, and I pay for it". I wish every artist were that honest about their careers.
Image
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
User avatar
King
Posts: 6816
Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 12:43
Gender: Male

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby King » 02 Jul 2017, 10:12

Hannes84 wrote:
King wrote:
Thom wrote:does she actually make a profit out of this album?


She does, but not from album or singles sales, she makes a profit with each show she does as she's getting paid for it, that's why she performs a lot on festivals and open airs, it's good money and she gets to showcase her new stuff (every promo is good promo even though it doesn't translate sales wise, but she's a great performer and people love to watch/listen to her, that's why she still gets invited to such events).

I thought she said she is not making any money off the album nor the tour? I could swear she specifically talked about the shows costing more money to create than they generate. And that's really really amazing, that she is being so open about it and admitting it straight up like that. Like, "I'm doing this cause I wanna do this, and I pay for it". I wish every artist were that honest about their careers.


Even if she said that, it's not true. Nobody would do anything if there is no profit. She's not a pro-bono act for Gods sake.
Image
User avatar
felx
Posts: 3982
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 15:03
Gender: Male
Country: Serbia
Location: Subotica

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby felx » 02 Jul 2017, 11:12

King wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:
King wrote:
Thom wrote:does she actually make a profit out of this album?


She does, but not from album or singles sales, she makes a profit with each show she does as she's getting paid for it, that's why she performs a lot on festivals and open airs, it's good money and she gets to showcase her new stuff (every promo is good promo even though it doesn't translate sales wise, but she's a great performer and people love to watch/listen to her, that's why she still gets invited to such events).

I thought she said she is not making any money off the album nor the tour? I could swear she specifically talked about the shows costing more money to create than they generate. And that's really really amazing, that she is being so open about it and admitting it straight up like that. Like, "I'm doing this cause I wanna do this, and I pay for it". I wish every artist were that honest about their careers.


Even if she said that, it's not true. Nobody would do anything if there is no profit. She's not a pro-bono act for Gods sake.


She never said that!!!...
Image
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
KingOfSpiceWorld
Posts: 396
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 20:05

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 10 Jul 2017, 00:42

Are there plans for more singles? I know we got three already but the last one... I just can't comment on it...
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
User avatar
King
Posts: 6816
Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 12:43
Gender: Male

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby King » 11 Jul 2017, 01:18

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Are there plans for more singles? I know we got three already but the last one... I just can't comment on it...


Seeing how none of the singles made any kind of impact, i doubt we'll see more... She'll just release Anymore in new markets.
Image
tiagohm
Posts: 4444
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Brazil
Location: São Leopoldo, RS

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby tiagohm » 15 Jul 2017, 22:30

Brazilian Deluxe Edition coming in October!
Source: http://www.lab344.com.br
Emma Station |
Red Boy
Posts: 2688
Joined: 31 May 2005, 08:56
Gender: Male
Custom Title: On A Mission
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby Red Boy » 15 Jul 2017, 23:23

tiagohm wrote:Brazilian Deluxe Edition coming in October!
Source: http://www.lab344.com.br

I think that implies she will be coming back to Brazil around that time. Don't you think? ;)
Image
KingOfSpiceWorld
Posts: 396
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 20:05

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 16 Jul 2017, 00:09

King wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Are there plans for more singles? I know we got three already but the last one... I just can't comment on it...


Seeing how none of the singles made any kind of impact, i doubt we'll see more... She'll just release Anymore in new markets.


I know it wouldn't make much difference to the sales, but why can't she release fan favorite singles for once?
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
tiagohm
Posts: 4444
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Brazil
Location: São Leopoldo, RS

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby tiagohm » 16 Jul 2017, 00:20

[url][/url]
Red Boy wrote:
tiagohm wrote:Brazilian Deluxe Edition coming in October!
Source: http://www.lab344.com.br

I think that implies she will be coming back to Brazil around that time. Don't you think? ;)


Yes :inlove:
Emma Station |
User avatar
Hannes84
Posts: 412
Joined: 30 Aug 2016, 09:34
Gender: Male
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior
Country: Finland

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby Hannes84 » 18 Jul 2017, 22:33

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
King wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Are there plans for more singles? I know we got three already but the last one... I just can't comment on it...


Seeing how none of the singles made any kind of impact, i doubt we'll see more... She'll just release Anymore in new markets.


I know it wouldn't make much difference to the sales, but why can't she release fan favorite singles for once?

I know right. I wish she listened to her fans sometimes... (Hello, Room for Love & Something for the Fire.. the two very fav tracks amongst the casual fans)... It's not like she's making any profit off the album (and yes she has said that), so why not release one of them? Fine, she can't afford a decent music video but with any luck it might catch someone's attention and chart in some country.
Image
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
spicefreak
Posts: 10584
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Enjoy the show
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Leeds

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby spicefreak » 18 Jul 2017, 23:27

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
King wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Are there plans for more singles? I know we got three already but the last one... I just can't comment on it...


Seeing how none of the singles made any kind of impact, i doubt we'll see more... She'll just release Anymore in new markets.


I know it wouldn't make much difference to the sales, but why can't she release fan favorite singles for once?



To be fair she did during This Time. She released Carolyna which was the clear fan favourite, and it bombed in the UK (did ok across Europe and had great airplay). Then she released the other fan favourite Understand in Canada and it did nothing whatsoever.

It's her music career perhaps she wants to release her own favourites?
Image
KingOfSpiceWorld
Posts: 396
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 20:05

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 19 Jul 2017, 00:31

spicefreak wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
King wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Are there plans for more singles? I know we got three already but the last one... I just can't comment on it...


Seeing how none of the singles made any kind of impact, i doubt we'll see more... She'll just release Anymore in new markets.


I know it wouldn't make much difference to the sales, but why can't she release fan favorite singles for once?



To be fair she did during This Time. She released Carolyna which was the clear fan favourite, and it bombed in the UK (did ok across Europe and had great airplay). Then she released the other fan favourite Understand in Canada and it did nothing whatsoever.

It's her music career perhaps she wants to release her own favourites?


She released understand in Canada alone and like many people from Canada mention before, she had zero advertisement. I remember a girl who is a super fan, said tha Melanie performed in her city and she had no idea!
Understand deserved better but let's be Hobart, dear life (although a beautiful ballad) and that horrible song she released afterwards. Can't even remember the name nor do I care to look it up, weren't going to do anything for her.

A good song with great remixes could. No she wouldn't go to number one but it could get some people interesting in her music.

I'm glad she's enjoying herself and she has proven before that unlike other spice girls, she's doing it for herself, but all I'm asking is some good remixes on some decent album songs. I don't care about charts.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
spicefreak
Posts: 10584
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Enjoy the show
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Leeds

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby spicefreak » 19 Jul 2017, 01:22

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
spicefreak wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
King wrote:
Seeing how none of the singles made any kind of impact, i doubt we'll see more... She'll just release Anymore in new markets.


I know it wouldn't make much difference to the sales, but why can't she release fan favorite singles for once?



To be fair she did during This Time. She released Carolyna which was the clear fan favourite, and it bombed in the UK (did ok across Europe and had great airplay). Then she released the other fan favourite Understand in Canada and it did nothing whatsoever.

It's her music career perhaps she wants to release her own favourites?


She released understand in Canada alone and like many people from Canada mention before, she had zero advertisement. I remember a girl who is a super fan, said tha Melanie performed in her city and she had no idea!
Understand deserved better but let's be Hobart, dear life (although a beautiful ballad) and that horrible song she released afterwards. Can't even remember the name nor do I care to look it up, weren't going to do anything for her.

A good song with great remixes could. No she wouldn't go to number one but it could get some people interesting in her music.

I'm glad she's enjoying herself and she has proven before that unlike other spice girls, she's doing it for herself, but all I'm asking is some good remixes on some decent album songs. I don't care about charts.



I much prefer Hold on to Dear life, think it's a gorgeous song and a real grower. If she had released it with Matt Cardle I bet it would have got alot more airplay at attention and charted alot higher... shame she didn't really :shrug:
Image
User avatar
Blond Pharaoh
Posts: 12354
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 00:30
Gender: Male
Location: Egypt

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 19 Jul 2017, 17:48

With the next single she needs a killer video to get views it's all about views now
Image
PoshInMaine
Posts: 1691
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 02:45
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs
Country: United_States
Location: Maine, USA

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby PoshInMaine » 19 Jul 2017, 18:13

Blond Pharaoh wrote:With the next single she needs a killer video to get views it's all about views now


Is there going to be a next single?
ForeverSpiceBoy
Posts: 2627
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Chile
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)
Contact:

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album - Discussion Thread

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 19 Jul 2017, 19:36

PoshInMaine wrote:
Blond Pharaoh wrote:With the next single she needs a killer video to get views it's all about views now


Is there going to be a next single?


I guess not. My bet is she will focus on other territories (Latin America, USA maybe) for the rest of the year and that's it. Would like to be surprised with a new single though
Image

Return to “Melanie C”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests