Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
soul0
Posts: 58
Joined: 26 Jul 2005, 21:50

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby soul0 » 06 Jun 2017, 21:27

I think she handled it really well. She missed her que but handled it like a professional.

I think some users on here can be a little overzealous.... some of you seem to think that she needs to sing for her life or career during every performance, she doesn't.

This was a few songs at a sports event. Melanie has long been associated with sports and had many opportunities as a result of showing an interest and getting involved in sports. If you ask me this is a "scratch our back, we'll scratch yours". They can bill they've got a pop star performing, Melanie gets to sing a few songs and do a spot of promo... How much good it will do? Who cares. It's her maintaining her relationship with sports which will hopefully continue to lead to more opportunities in the future.

The majority of the audience will be men who will probably just go home and say 'Mel C sang a few songs at the game' ...They see it for what it is, a bit of music at a game. Hopefully a few people will say 'well she was nice... I didn't know she was still making music.... I'll have to look her up on spotify' ....I seriously doubt any of the audience members, who as said are mainly male and all with at least a few pints of beer in them (as are the viewers at home) are going to go home and say "She really struggled"...

She would have probably gone on without a sound check... they probably just gave her a microphone which was set commentary and not adjusted for singing, which is why it sounds a little flat. Also, she hasn't got her band and she is stood right in the middle of arena. For anyone who has ever sung live with in ear monitors will know she would of only been able to hear a really loud instrumental of song whilst fighting against the echo of the music and the audience. It's must of been incredibly isolating for her trying to stay on time.

As said, this isn't a make or break performance. It's bit of promo for business reasons which will continue a relationship between Melanie and the sports industry. I've just observed a European Tour where she sang magnificently, sounding incredibly each night. Do I care she sounded a bit flat at sports game? No. Pat the girl on the back and remember she could have easily lip synced her two songs.
Red Boy
Posts: 2664
Joined: 31 May 2005, 08:56
Gender: Male
Custom Title: On A Mission
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby Red Boy » 06 Jun 2017, 22:55

soul0 wrote:I think she handled it really well. She missed her que but handled it like a professional.

I think some users on here can be a little overzealous.... some of you seem to think that she needs to sing for her life or career during every performance, she doesn't.

This was a few songs at a sports event. Melanie has long been associated with sports and had many opportunities as a result of showing an interest and getting involved in sports. If you ask me this is a "scratch our back, we'll scratch yours". They can bill they've got a pop star performing, Melanie gets to sing a few songs and do a spot of promo... How much good it will do? Who cares. It's her maintaining her relationship with sports which will hopefully continue to lead to more opportunities in the future.

The majority of the audience will be men who will probably just go home and say 'Mel C sang a few songs at the game' ...They see it for what it is, a bit of music at a game. Hopefully a few people will say 'well she was nice... I didn't know she was still making music.... I'll have to look her up on spotify' ....I seriously doubt any of the audience members, who as said are mainly male and all with at least a few pints of beer in them (as are the viewers at home) are going to go home and say "She really struggled"...

She would have probably gone on without a sound check... they probably just gave her a microphone which was set commentary and not adjusted for singing, which is why it sounds a little flat. Also, she hasn't got her band and she is stood right in the middle of arena. For anyone who has ever sung live with in ear monitors will know she would of only been able to hear a really loud instrumental of song whilst fighting against the echo of the music and the audience. It's must of been incredibly isolating for her trying to stay on time.

As said, this isn't a make or break performance. It's bit of promo for business reasons which will continue a relationship between Melanie and the sports industry. I've just observed a European Tour where she sang magnificently, sounding incredibly each night. Do I care she sounded a bit flat at sports game? No. Pat the girl on the back and remember she could have easily lip synced her two songs.

Word.

Oh, and by the way - she sang three songs. ;)
Image
User avatar
King
Posts: 6774
Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 12:43
Gender: Male

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby King » 06 Jun 2017, 23:26

Javi wrote:
felx wrote:
Javi wrote:I think she definitely realized she was wrong at 0:25 when she misses a word like "that sound wasn't supposed to be there" and when she goes "and you life(?) and you know and you're living your" I think she did that on purpose to fill the gap until the chorus started because if she stopped singing it would sound worse than filling with random words.

I don't know why she picked that song in such an event though. The whole "broken star from talent show" subject doesn't really have any kind of relation to a big final of a handball championship. Same goes for 'Dear Life'. She could've picked 'Anymore' and 'Think About It'.


in some interview where she talked about the songs she will sing...she said NBS was her biggest hit in Germany..... :shrug: (it was a nice radio hit I think)

So she decided to ignore 'First Day Of My Life'? :D


She also forgot NBTSA and ITTY. It's true that NBS spent two weeks at No.1 on airplay charts, but sadly it never reached Top 30 on sales chart, although it stayed a good few weeks inside Top 40, but NBS's strong airplay definately helped in initial sales of BI. Her biggest hit in Germany is by far FDOML, followed by ITTY, NBTSA and WYG. NBS comes 5th, which ain't that bad either (even though TMYB charted in Top 15, it wasn't as big of a hit, and she barely performed it/promoted it).
Image
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 33039
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby Javi » 07 Jun 2017, 12:54

soul0 wrote:I think she handled it really well. She missed her que but handled it like a professional.

I think some users on here can be a little overzealous.... some of you seem to think that she needs to sing for her life or career during every performance, she doesn't.

This was a few songs at a sports event. Melanie has long been associated with sports and had many opportunities as a result of showing an interest and getting involved in sports. If you ask me this is a "scratch our back, we'll scratch yours". They can bill they've got a pop star performing, Melanie gets to sing a few songs and do a spot of promo... How much good it will do? Who cares. It's her maintaining her relationship with sports which will hopefully continue to lead to more opportunities in the future.

The majority of the audience will be men who will probably just go home and say 'Mel C sang a few songs at the game' ...They see it for what it is, a bit of music at a game. Hopefully a few people will say 'well she was nice... I didn't know she was still making music.... I'll have to look her up on spotify' ....I seriously doubt any of the audience members, who as said are mainly male and all with at least a few pints of beer in them (as are the viewers at home) are going to go home and say "She really struggled"...

She would have probably gone on without a sound check... they probably just gave her a microphone which was set commentary and not adjusted for singing, which is why it sounds a little flat. Also, she hasn't got her band and she is stood right in the middle of arena. For anyone who has ever sung live with in ear monitors will know she would of only been able to hear a really loud instrumental of song whilst fighting against the echo of the music and the audience. It's must of been incredibly isolating for her trying to stay on time.

As said, this isn't a make or break performance. It's bit of promo for business reasons which will continue a relationship between Melanie and the sports industry. I've just observed a European Tour where she sang magnificently, sounding incredibly each night. Do I care she sounded a bit flat at sports game? No. Pat the girl on the back and remember she could have easily lip synced her two songs.


To be fair, I think you're the one making it a big deal with such a long explanatory reply that seems to come out of nowhere. We just commented on the fact that she did a bad performance and discussed the possible reasons why. Nobody made a big deal about it as if she had struggled in the middle of the Olympics or something.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
soul0
Posts: 58
Joined: 26 Jul 2005, 21:50

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby soul0 » 07 Jun 2017, 20:00

Javi wrote:
soul0 wrote:I think she handled it really well. She missed her que but handled it like a professional.

I think some users on here can be a little overzealous.... some of you seem to think that she needs to sing for her life or career during every performance, she doesn't.

This was a few songs at a sports event. Melanie has long been associated with sports and had many opportunities as a result of showing an interest and getting involved in sports. If you ask me this is a "scratch our back, we'll scratch yours". They can bill they've got a pop star performing, Melanie gets to sing a few songs and do a spot of promo... How much good it will do? Who cares. It's her maintaining her relationship with sports which will hopefully continue to lead to more opportunities in the future.

The majority of the audience will be men who will probably just go home and say 'Mel C sang a few songs at the game' ...They see it for what it is, a bit of music at a game. Hopefully a few people will say 'well she was nice... I didn't know she was still making music.... I'll have to look her up on spotify' ....I seriously doubt any of the audience members, who as said are mainly male and all with at least a few pints of beer in them (as are the viewers at home) are going to go home and say "She really struggled"...

She would have probably gone on without a sound check... they probably just gave her a microphone which was set commentary and not adjusted for singing, which is why it sounds a little flat. Also, she hasn't got her band and she is stood right in the middle of arena. For anyone who has ever sung live with in ear monitors will know she would of only been able to hear a really loud instrumental of song whilst fighting against the echo of the music and the audience. It's must of been incredibly isolating for her trying to stay on time.

As said, this isn't a make or break performance. It's bit of promo for business reasons which will continue a relationship between Melanie and the sports industry. I've just observed a European Tour where she sang magnificently, sounding incredibly each night. Do I care she sounded a bit flat at sports game? No. Pat the girl on the back and remember she could have easily lip synced her two songs.


To be fair, I think you're the one making it a big deal with such a long explanatory reply that seems to come out of nowhere. We just commented on the fact that she did a bad performance and discussed the possible reasons why. Nobody made a big deal about it as if she had struggled in the middle of the Olympics or something.


To be fair, I didn't say people were making a big deal out of it, I said I thought some users were being over zealous.

To be fair, I was just saying what I thought and how I saw saw the performance, as were other users who were trying to provide 'explanatory' comments on the performance such as Melanie missing her que.

To be fair, my response didn't come out of no where. It's in supplement to a dozen other fans comments and opinions about the same performance.

...and also, to be fair, she didn't give a bad performance. She can only work with the tools she given and it just appears the set up was a bit all over the place which meant it didn't sound as good as normally would.

Now, let's not make a big deal over this. Mwa! :hug:
Red Boy
Posts: 2664
Joined: 31 May 2005, 08:56
Gender: Male
Custom Title: On A Mission
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby Red Boy » 10 Jun 2017, 11:17

felx wrote:
Javi wrote:I think she definitely realized she was wrong at 0:25 when she misses a word like "that sound wasn't supposed to be there" and when she goes "and you life(?) and you know and you're living your" I think she did that on purpose to fill the gap until the chorus started because if she stopped singing it would sound worse than filling with random words.

I don't know why she picked that song in such an event though. The whole "broken star from talent show" subject doesn't really have any kind of relation to a big final of a handball championship. Same goes for 'Dear Life'. She could've picked 'Anymore' and 'Think About It'.


in some interview where she talked about the songs she will sing...she said NBS was her biggest hit in Germany..... :shrug: (it was a nice radio hit I think)

That's not accurate. Here is the direct & correct quote from the interview:
Here in Cologne, you will sing three songs, 'Next Best Superstar', 'Dear Life' and your own version of 'We are the Champions'...

It’s an absolute honour to sing a Queen song. I’ve been performing that song in London with Brian May. It is a beautiful song.

What do the other two songs mean to you, 'Next Best Superstar' and 'Dear Life'?

'Next Best Superstar' is from my third album which I think was my most successful one in Germany. I had my first German number one on it with 'First Day of my Life'. That was a really good time for me. 'Dear Life' is the first single from my new Album 'Version of Me'. It’s a very personal album which is been received really well and I think it’s a song everybody can relate to. It is about the ups and downs in life and what the future holds for us.

Source
Image
RobKelly666
Posts: 780
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 12:54
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby RobKelly666 » 10 Jun 2017, 11:31

She's saying her third album was her biggest in Germany isn't she? Not Next Best Superstar was her biggest hit - she is saying that Next Best Superstar is from that 3rd album - and mentions her single First Day Of My Life went to number 1 in Germany which was from the same 3rd album
User avatar
Masterpiece
Posts: 24027
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Immune
Country: Brazil

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby Masterpiece » 10 Jun 2017, 15:22

Melanie C - Sommerfest im Europa-Park (720p HD - 547MB)

https://mega.nz/#!T8B1TIha!mNknyMvTms5L ... NxGPOhLjEc
Image
User avatar
FabianC
Posts: 957
Joined: 17 Sep 2004, 15:43
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended
Country: Uruguay
Location: Uruguay
Contact:

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby FabianC » 10 Jun 2017, 19:21

Thank you Eric!
Image

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
User avatar
Tiiger
Posts: 7356
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 19:48
Gender: Male
Location: Sweden

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby Tiiger » 11 Jun 2017, 14:46

I know that Melanie will be coming to Gothenburg, Sweden this coming week. I can't figure out why though.
Anyone got any idea?? :Dizzy:
Image
User avatar
Paul
Posts: 12797
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Say No To The World
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: West Midlands, UK
Contact:

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby Paul » 11 Jun 2017, 18:35

^ Recording new material...or planning Scandinavian 'Version of Me' release?
Image
Exodus
Posts: 1
Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 11:51
Gender: Male
Country: Denmark
Location: Esbjerg
Contact:

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby Exodus » 13 Jun 2017, 12:02

"I know that Melanie will be coming to Gothenburg, Sweden this coming week. I can't figure out why though.
Anyone got any idea??"

Maybe I Love Musicals.
"världens största musikalkonsert"
"gästande stjärnsolister från Broadway och West End"
Image
User avatar
aw.s
Posts: 1809
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): SoulNet
Country: Spain
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby aw.s » 19 Jun 2017, 15:59

[PODCAST] Melanie C on her battle with depression and the desire to be the 'perfect' popstar - Bryony Gordon's Mad World, episode 10 Mel C
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitne ... ar-bryony/

Very interesting, emotional interview. She's just amazing, I really respect her, the way she talks about some issues in this interview makes them so relatable, it's inspiring :)
-Claudia-
Posts: 4720
Joined: 24 Mar 2006, 13:53
Gender: Female
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: East England

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby -Claudia- » 21 Jun 2017, 00:44

aw.s wrote:[PODCAST] Melanie C on her battle with depression and the desire to be the 'perfect' popstar - Bryony Gordon's Mad World, episode 10 Mel C
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitne ... ar-bryony/

Very interesting, emotional interview. She's just amazing, I really respect her, the way she talks about some issues in this interview makes them so relatable, it's inspiring :)


Thanks for posting that was quite emotional to listen to. I really admire her for talking so honestly about her depression and issues she's had/continues to struggle with.
User avatar
Snapple Spice
Posts: 2437
Joined: 06 Aug 2006, 02:10
Gender: Female
Country: United_States
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby Snapple Spice » 21 Jun 2017, 01:38

Great podcast - haven't finished it yet, but the first half is great. As someone who is 25 and dealing with mental health issues, this interview really spoke to me/gave me comfort.
~I Love Melanie C :)~
Thom
Posts: 10873
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby Thom » 21 Jun 2017, 08:53

this girl is SO smart with going to Mexico and Brazil!!
Somebody paid attention in the ROTSGtour-class!
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk

Return to “Melanie C”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests