Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
King

Re: Promotional Appearances - Upcoming & Past

Postby King » 06 Jun 2017, 23:26

Javi wrote:
felx wrote:
Javi wrote:I think she definitely realized she was wrong at 0:25 when she misses a word like "that sound wasn't supposed to be there" and when she goes "and you life(?) and you know and you're living your" I think she did that on purpose to fill the gap until the chorus started because if she stopped singing it would sound worse than filling with random words.

I don't know why she picked that song in such an event though. The whole "broken star from talent show" subject doesn't really have any kind of relation to a big final of a handball championship. Same goes for 'Dear Life'. She could've picked 'Anymore' and 'Think About It'.

in some interview where she talked about the songs she will sing...she said NBS was her biggest hit in Germany..... :shrug: (it was a nice radio hit I think)

So she decided to ignore 'First Day Of My Life'? :D

She also forgot NBTSA and ITTY. It's true that NBS spent two weeks at No.1 on airplay charts, but sadly it never reached Top 30 on sales chart, although it stayed a good few weeks inside Top 40, but NBS's strong airplay definately helped in initial sales of BI. Her biggest hit in Germany is by far FDOML, followed by ITTY, NBTSA and WYG. NBS comes 5th, which ain't that bad either (even though TMYB charted in Top 15, it wasn't as big of a hit, and she barely performed it/promoted it).
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 07 Jun 2017, 12:54

soul0 wrote:I think she handled it really well. She missed her que but handled it like a professional.

I think some users on here can be a little overzealous.... some of you seem to think that she needs to sing for her life or career during every performance, she doesn't.

This was a few songs at a sports event. Melanie has long been associated with sports and had many opportunities as a result of showing an interest and getting involved in sports. If you ask me this is a "scratch our back, we'll scratch yours". They can bill they've got a pop star performing, Melanie gets to sing a few songs and do a spot of promo... How much good it will do? Who cares. It's her maintaining her relationship with sports which will hopefully continue to lead to more opportunities in the future.

The majority of the audience will be men who will probably just go home and say 'Mel C sang a few songs at the game' ...They see it for what it is, a bit of music at a game. Hopefully a few people will say 'well she was nice... I didn't know she was still making music.... I'll have to look her up on spotify' ....I seriously doubt any of the audience members, who as said are mainly male and all with at least a few pints of beer in them (as are the viewers at home) are going to go home and say "She really struggled"...

She would have probably gone on without a sound check... they probably just gave her a microphone which was set commentary and not adjusted for singing, which is why it sounds a little flat. Also, she hasn't got her band and she is stood right in the middle of arena. For anyone who has ever sung live with in ear monitors will know she would of only been able to hear a really loud instrumental of song whilst fighting against the echo of the music and the audience. It's must of been incredibly isolating for her trying to stay on time.

As said, this isn't a make or break performance. It's bit of promo for business reasons which will continue a relationship between Melanie and the sports industry. I've just observed a European Tour where she sang magnificently, sounding incredibly each night. Do I care she sounded a bit flat at sports game? No. Pat the girl on the back and remember she could have easily lip synced her two songs.

To be fair, I think you're the one making it a big deal with such a long explanatory reply that seems to come out of nowhere. We just commented on the fact that she did a bad performance and discussed the possible reasons why. Nobody made a big deal about it as if she had struggled in the middle of the Olympics or something.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
soul0

Postby soul0 » 07 Jun 2017, 20:00

Javi wrote:
soul0 wrote:I think she handled it really well. She missed her que but handled it like a professional.

I think some users on here can be a little overzealous.... some of you seem to think that she needs to sing for her life or career during every performance, she doesn't.

This was a few songs at a sports event. Melanie has long been associated with sports and had many opportunities as a result of showing an interest and getting involved in sports. If you ask me this is a "scratch our back, we'll scratch yours". They can bill they've got a pop star performing, Melanie gets to sing a few songs and do a spot of promo... How much good it will do? Who cares. It's her maintaining her relationship with sports which will hopefully continue to lead to more opportunities in the future.

The majority of the audience will be men who will probably just go home and say 'Mel C sang a few songs at the game' ...They see it for what it is, a bit of music at a game. Hopefully a few people will say 'well she was nice... I didn't know she was still making music.... I'll have to look her up on spotify' ....I seriously doubt any of the audience members, who as said are mainly male and all with at least a few pints of beer in them (as are the viewers at home) are going to go home and say "She really struggled"...

She would have probably gone on without a sound check... they probably just gave her a microphone which was set commentary and not adjusted for singing, which is why it sounds a little flat. Also, she hasn't got her band and she is stood right in the middle of arena. For anyone who has ever sung live with in ear monitors will know she would of only been able to hear a really loud instrumental of song whilst fighting against the echo of the music and the audience. It's must of been incredibly isolating for her trying to stay on time.

As said, this isn't a make or break performance. It's bit of promo for business reasons which will continue a relationship between Melanie and the sports industry. I've just observed a European Tour where she sang magnificently, sounding incredibly each night. Do I care she sounded a bit flat at sports game? No. Pat the girl on the back and remember she could have easily lip synced her two songs.

To be fair, I think you're the one making it a big deal with such a long explanatory reply that seems to come out of nowhere. We just commented on the fact that she did a bad performance and discussed the possible reasons why. Nobody made a big deal about it as if she had struggled in the middle of the Olympics or something.

To be fair, I didn't say people were making a big deal out of it, I said I thought some users were being over zealous.

To be fair, I was just saying what I thought and how I saw saw the performance, as were other users who were trying to provide 'explanatory' comments on the performance such as Melanie missing her que.

To be fair, my response didn't come out of no where. It's in supplement to a dozen other fans comments and opinions about the same performance.

...and also, to be fair, she didn't give a bad performance. She can only work with the tools she given and it just appears the set up was a bit all over the place which meant it didn't sound as good as normally would.

Now, let's not make a big deal over this. Mwa! :hug:
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 10 Jun 2017, 11:17

felx wrote:
Javi wrote:I think she definitely realized she was wrong at 0:25 when she misses a word like "that sound wasn't supposed to be there" and when she goes "and you life(?) and you know and you're living your" I think she did that on purpose to fill the gap until the chorus started because if she stopped singing it would sound worse than filling with random words.

I don't know why she picked that song in such an event though. The whole "broken star from talent show" subject doesn't really have any kind of relation to a big final of a handball championship. Same goes for 'Dear Life'. She could've picked 'Anymore' and 'Think About It'.

in some interview where she talked about the songs she will sing...she said NBS was her biggest hit in Germany..... :shrug: (it was a nice radio hit I think)

That's not accurate. Here is the direct & correct quote from the interview:
Here in Cologne, you will sing three songs, 'Next Best Superstar', 'Dear Life' and your own version of 'We are the Champions'...

It’s an absolute honour to sing a Queen song. I’ve been performing that song in London with Brian May. It is a beautiful song.

What do the other two songs mean to you, 'Next Best Superstar' and 'Dear Life'?

'Next Best Superstar' is from my third album which I think was my most successful one in Germany. I had my first German number one on it with 'First Day of my Life'. That was a really good time for me. 'Dear Life' is the first single from my new Album 'Version of Me'. It’s a very personal album which is been received really well and I think it’s a song everybody can relate to. It is about the ups and downs in life and what the future holds for us.

Source
RobKelly666

Postby RobKelly666 » 10 Jun 2017, 11:31

She's saying her third album was her biggest in Germany isn't she? Not Next Best Superstar was her biggest hit - she is saying that Next Best Superstar is from that 3rd album - and mentions her single First Day Of My Life went to number 1 in Germany which was from the same 3rd album
Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 10 Jun 2017, 15:22

Melanie C - Sommerfest im Europa-Park (720p HD - 547MB)

https://mega.nz/#!T8B1TIha!mNknyMvTms5L ... NxGPOhLjEc
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 10 Jun 2017, 19:21

Thank you Eric!

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 11 Jun 2017, 14:46

I know that Melanie will be coming to Gothenburg, Sweden this coming week. I can't figure out why though.
Anyone got any idea?? :Dizzy:
Paul
Custom Title: Say No To The World

Postby Paul » 11 Jun 2017, 18:35

^ Recording new material...or planning Scandinavian 'Version of Me' release?
aw.s
Previous username(s): SoulNet

Postby aw.s » 19 Jun 2017, 15:59

[PODCAST] Melanie C on her battle with depression and the desire to be the 'perfect' popstar - Bryony Gordon's Mad World, episode 10 Mel C
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitne ... ar-bryony/

Very interesting, emotional interview. She's just amazing, I really respect her, the way she talks about some issues in this interview makes them so relatable, it's inspiring :)
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 21 Jun 2017, 00:44

aw.s wrote:[PODCAST] Melanie C on her battle with depression and the desire to be the 'perfect' popstar - Bryony Gordon's Mad World, episode 10 Mel C
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitne ... ar-bryony/

Very interesting, emotional interview. She's just amazing, I really respect her, the way she talks about some issues in this interview makes them so relatable, it's inspiring :)

Thanks for posting that was quite emotional to listen to. I really admire her for talking so honestly about her depression and issues she's had/continues to struggle with.
Snapple Spice

Postby Snapple Spice » 21 Jun 2017, 01:38

Great podcast - haven't finished it yet, but the first half is great. As someone who is 25 and dealing with mental health issues, this interview really spoke to me/gave me comfort.
~I Love Melanie C :)~
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 21 Jun 2017, 08:53

this girl is SO smart with going to Mexico and Brazil!!
Somebody paid attention in the ROTSGtour-class!
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 26 Jun 2017, 15:36

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
CarlosAlmeida

Postby CarlosAlmeida » 26 Jun 2017, 18:04

Melanie C Live At Fantástico (Audios)
Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2SuCj ... FPUTQ/view

Melanie C Live At Fantástico (Videos)
Download:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 2Y2TS1YLWM
Setlist:
01 Interview
02 Anymore
03 I Turn To You
04 Say You'll Be There
05 Too Much
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 26 Jun 2017, 19:51

I don't know if this live performance of Dear Life has been posted here already but this is the first time I've seen it on YouTube. She looks amazing here. Thanks to the up-loader. :)

pinkbecca12

Postby pinkbecca12 » 13 Jul 2017, 15:29

is this from an upcoming interview?:

King

Postby King » 22 Jul 2017, 08:49

Melanie will be a special guest on Zucchero's concert in Pula, Croatia on 13.08.

I dont know if she will open for him or she will be his duet guest or whatever. She was just announced as a special guest, whatever that means.
mcrulesme
Custom Title: The unsung Hero

Postby mcrulesme » 22 Jul 2017, 11:37

Rehearsal 21/07 Klagenfurt

Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 22 Jul 2017, 11:59

Wow. She looks stunning! From head to toes ankles!
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Red Boy

Postby Red Boy » 22 Jul 2017, 12:11

mcrulesme wrote:Starnacht 2017
Live Show in ORF2 und im MDR: 22.7.2017 um 20.15 Uhr
http://www.starnacht.tv/woerthersee/

That's tonight! :dee:
King

Postby King » 22 Jul 2017, 13:58

Yes. She was seen rehearsing FDOML. There's a video on FB.
Red Boy

Postby Red Boy » 22 Jul 2017, 18:16

Someone on Twitter said that we can watch a live stream via http://tvthek.orf.at/
CarlosAlmeida

Postby CarlosAlmeida » 22 Jul 2017, 21:36

Red Boy wrote:Someone on Twitter said that we can watch a live stream via http://tvthek.orf.at/

My friend send me this link too
http://schoener-fernsehen.com/tv/stream/MDR
CarlosAlmeida

Postby CarlosAlmeida » 22 Jul 2017, 22:03

Melanie C live bei der Starnacht am Wörthersee 21.07.2017
First Day Of My Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5AiuuwXznA

Return to “Melanie C”