Version of Me Tour - UK / Ireland

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Re: Melanie C UK/Ireland Tour (April 2017)

Postby Red Boy » 11 Apr 2017, 11:47

Lots of great & professional photos from the Manchester gig: https://www.flickr.com/photos/vivamel/a ... 2380771495
Rafael_XCX

Postby Rafael_XCX » 11 Apr 2017, 19:17

Red Boy

Postby Red Boy » 11 Apr 2017, 20:28

Thanks! I love this one: http://www.zigazig-ha.com/zgallery/disp ... pid=346242

Lots of familiar faces as well. :p
rtaspice

Postby rtaspice » 11 Apr 2017, 22:15

Can someone pls post pics of the merchandise that are for sold in the concerts?

Thanks in advance!
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 11 Apr 2017, 22:30

A couple of videos from Birmingham on Sunday night. I think they have come out really well, so I hope you enjoy :)
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 11 Apr 2017, 23:57

The setlist seems like she has given up completely on any casual fans or anyone outside her absolute core fanbase was going to attend the tour. I guess it is nice for the fans to hear the album live but if it was your first Mel C gig or were dragged along by a friend I'm sure a couple of extra well known songs would have been a relief.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
ParisBurning

Postby ParisBurning » 12 Apr 2017, 00:19

Amazing videos thanks for sharing, bringing back fantastic memories
James
Custom Title: Legacy member

Postby James » 12 Apr 2017, 00:27

sammy01 wrote:The setlist seems like she has given up completely on any casual fans or anyone outside her absolute core fanbase was going to attend the tour. I guess it is nice for the fans to hear the album live but if it was your first Mel C gig or were dragged along by a friend I'm sure a couple of extra well known songs would have been a relief.

I stood at the back in Manchester and saw a few people walk out half way through - and a lot of the crowd looked bored stiff until something they knew came on. Definitely not one for the casuals, but at this point, if you've got the same bunch of loons buying tickets who will come regardless of what you sing, why not experiment?
Glindathegood

Postby Glindathegood » 12 Apr 2017, 00:52

Glindathegood

Postby Glindathegood » 12 Apr 2017, 00:56

sammy01 wrote:The setlist seems like she has given up completely on any casual fans or anyone outside her absolute core fanbase was going to attend the tour. I guess it is nice for the fans to hear the album live but if it was your first Mel C gig or were dragged along by a friend I'm sure a couple of extra well known songs would have been a relief.

And what super well known songs would that be? Most of the singles from her older albums that she didn't do weren't really hits. She did the ones that were really big hits that casual fans would know.
Unless you want her to sing more Spice Girls songs. And then people would complain about her singing them without the other girls and turning down the reunion.
She's not like Madonna or Kylie who have a huge number of big radio hit singles that the general public knows.
Glindathegood

Postby Glindathegood » 12 Apr 2017, 01:01

In a way she's lucky that she hasn't had so many big hits. It frees her up to do her new music. A lot of older artists are prisoners of their hits. They feel they have to do the same songs tour after tour or people will be mad. So they get on stage singing the old hits begrudgingly with not much enthusiasm.
I would rather see someone singing new material they are excited and passionate about, then an artist doing another tired greatest hits show going through the motions.
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 12 Apr 2017, 01:38

James wrote:

I stood at the back in Manchester and saw a few people walk out half way through - and a lot of the crowd looked bored stiff until something they knew came on. Definitely not one for the casuals, but at this point, if you've got the same bunch of loons buying tickets who will come regardless of what you sing, why not experiment?

To be fair I was stood by the back in Birmingham and I saw quite alot of older people (50's type of age) there who didn't know the new stuff but were bopping their heads along and enjoying the songs, so I guess it depends what you go for and what music you're into :shrug:

The only song she really left out that was a big hit is When You're Gone otherwise she did
1. Northern Star
2. Never be the same again
3. I turn to you

Those are her signature hits alongside When You're Gone (which I find very bizarre she left out). Then Think about it is a fan favourite and, everyone seemed to really enjoy that one. The only other song she really could have done perhaps that might have been known is Loving You as it's her most recent hit. The rest were not massive and are not likely to be well remembered amongst non-fans/casual fans... :shrug:
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 12 Apr 2017, 01:43

Glindathegood wrote:

And what super well known songs would that be? Most of the singles from her older albums that she didn't do weren't really hits. She did the ones that were really big hits that casual fans would know.
Unless you want her to sing more Spice Girls songs. And then people would complain about her singing them without the other girls and turning down the reunion.
She's not like Madonna or Kylie who have a huge number of big radio hit singles that the general public knows.

Yeah no one knows WYG (her biggest selling single).
aw.s
Previous username(s): SoulNet

Postby aw.s » 12 Apr 2017, 03:19

I wasn't in London so I can really tell, but IMHO, I was on Birmingham on Sunday and the show was amazing, the songs worked really well with the audience (not only the typical fans). She was on top form, the sound was really good as well as the lights and the new band. She must have changed something or someone on her team, you can really tell this new show has been produced as a single piece that fits the album. Watching the London streaming now, and there seems to be some kind of sound problem, this doesn't do justice to the incredible live experience I lived las Sunday, I was so happy!
goin down

Postby goin down » 12 Apr 2017, 10:01

I have no problem with Melanie doing all of the new album. I guess I just missed some of the rockier stuff for a live gig . The atmosphere did not compare to the last two
gigs at Shepherd's Bush .

But I do have a message to casual fans but the album that the tour is named after , its that easy !!
'all i can tell you is to know who you are'
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 12 Apr 2017, 17:52

The weird thing about the UK/Ireland tour is that it wasn't actually marketed as being the "Version of Me Tour" on her website or on ticket sites, and it wasn't printed that way on the tickets either. It simply says Melanie C!

I know that for Germany they've called it "Version of Me Live on Tour" or "Version Of Me In Concert 2017", which makes more sense.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 12 Apr 2017, 18:29

The whole set list is baffling, 6 songs in before she does something not VOM and that is NS, way to get a party atmosphere going Mel.
Red Boy

Postby Red Boy » 12 Apr 2017, 18:46

Nice to see He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named still pressed and annoyed. :adam:

And he didn't even attend the tour. :laugh:
bryand

Postby bryand » 12 Apr 2017, 18:57

sammy01 wrote:The whole set list is baffling, 6 songs in before she does something not VOM and that is NS, way to get a party atmosphere going Mel.

Oh here you are bringing your waves of negativity to the Mel C forum as per usual! So predictable :dizzy:
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 12 Apr 2017, 19:29

sammy01 wrote:The whole set list is baffling, 6 songs in before she does something not VOM and that is NS, way to get a party atmosphere going Mel.

Did you go to the concert? Northern Star did get everyone going, everyone's hands were in the air waving and singing along I thought it was a highlight.
aw.s
Previous username(s): SoulNet

Postby aw.s » 12 Apr 2017, 20:02

When a new artist release a new record and I go to see them live after that, I expect the new material to be played for most of the gig, call me 'delusional'
bryand

Postby bryand » 12 Apr 2017, 21:07

aw.s wrote:When a new artist release a new record and I go to see them live after that, I expect the new material to be played for most of the gig, call me 'delusional'

Exactly!!! :inlove:
bryand

Postby bryand » 12 Apr 2017, 21:09

James wrote:

Lol. What a load of ol tosh :dizzy:
SourSpice

Postby SourSpice » 12 Apr 2017, 21:25

As if she'd do the more rock songs like Goin Down, When You're Gone, Next Best Superstar during a set that's meant to be electronic. She's always going on about her new electronic sound, it makes sense to do the entire new album of the electronic sound with only a few classic hits that can be done electronically and still sound great.
James
Custom Title: Legacy member

Postby James » 12 Apr 2017, 21:35

bryand wrote:Lol. What a load of ol tosh :dizzy:

What exactly is a load of ol tosh? I did observe people walk out, I did hear people moaning they didn't know any of the songs, I did observe people looking bored stiff, and it is the same loons who attend every gig?

Return to “Melanie C”