a clip i recorded in Cologne

01 Melanie C - Anymore [live at Gloria, Köln]
Luke S
Previous username(s): interactive element
Custom Title: interactive element

Re: Version of Me Tour - Germany / Denmark / Switzerland

Postby Luke S » 06 May 2017, 00:18

So, the Zurich concert was very nice!

At first there was very little people – but right before the start everybody came and it looked like a full house (although it wasn't sold out).
People really enjoyed Alex performance and it was all very nice. I personally really like his songs.

The concert was (of course) really great – although it wasn't as loud as it usually is (some Swiss noise regulations I guess). The audience wasn't as crazy as they always are in UK (again – Swiss – there was even no barrier between the people and the stage) but that was a nice difference, there was no pushing, less cell phones etc – and ppl really enjoyed it, by the end everybody was jumping!

I wrote "Loving You Better (please)" and Melanie must have seen it (as a I was standing in first row and I put it on stage) but didn't even properly look at it.
Later I was talking to one of the musicians (great guy - Joey) and he said "sorry we didn't play your song, we love it too" but he explained he's a replacement for someone else on the german leg and they didn't practise it so it couldn't be played.

I'm very glad she came to Zurich! Thank you, Mel ;-)
Fanatik
Previous username(s): Marcito

Postby Fanatik » 06 May 2017, 01:04

Luke S wrote:So, the Zurich concert was very nice!

At first there was very little people – but right before the start everybody came and it looked like a full house (although it wasn't sold out).
People really enjoyed Alex performance and it was all very nice. I personally really like his songs.

The concert was (of course) really great – although it wasn't as loud as it usually is (some Swiss noise regulations I guess). The audience wasn't as crazy as they always are in UK (again – Swiss – there was even no barrier between the people and the stage) but that was a nice difference, there was no pushing, less cell phones etc – and ppl really enjoyed it, by the end everybody was jumping!

I wrote "Loving You Better (please)" and Melanie must have seen it (as a I was standing in first row and I put it on stage) but didn't even properly look at it.
Later I was talking to one of the musicians (great guy - Joey) and he said "sorry we didn't play your song, we love it too" but he explained he's a replacement for someone else on the german leg and they didn't practise it so it couldn't be played.

The concert was amazing indeed, she was full force performing and gave us everything (even with people knowing zero of her songs bare NBTSA, ITTY, FDIML and Human, the last one was when I saw more people singing...)

I have to disagree with you about the venue occupancy: it was, at most, 30% full, very sad to see that. Another low point was that we didn't have a merchandise stand.

She is incredible on stage, even with the venue so empty. Loved!!!
----------------------------------------------
See my music collection at

http://www.discogs.com/user/marcio.miotto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Luke S

Postby Luke S » 06 May 2017, 03:06

Fanatik wrote:

The concert was amazing indeed, she was full force performing and gave us everything (even with people knowing zero of her songs bare NBTSA, ITTY, FDIML and Human, the last one was when I saw more people singing...)

I have to disagree with you about the venue occupancy: it was, at most, 30% full, very sad to see that. Another low point was that we didn't have a merchandise stand.

well, ok, I don't really know how many people were there – we were discussing that with some other fans and then when we turned back during the show it seemed to be full – but we were on the first row so we didn't exactly see well the other end of the hall. I just hope Melanie wasn't disappointed.

30% out of 1100* is 330 – still not bad

*https://www.volkshaus.ch/mieten/theatersaal
WhiteLily
Custom Title: Melanie C Quiltmaker

Postby WhiteLily » 06 May 2017, 07:59

I was also at the Zürich show! I showed up 15 minutes before it started and was able to get up close to the stage, only 5 rows up people in front of me. I was able to get closer as the show went on and by the end of it, there was only three people ahead of me. I had an excellent view of Melanie. The crowd was very polite, as already stated above (Swiss!), and people were very receptive of Alex. From my point in the crowd, people knew the songs and danced and sang along. The oldies were sung by more, of course, and enough people knew to do the ICE ICE ICE which is a good sign of hardcore fans. :p

Melanie sang beautifully and really worked that stage with her dancing! A good vibe. It's been nine years since I've seen her perform and I'm an old, tired mom now so it was plenty loud and bumping for me. When we were all jumping and rocking out to Think About It and ITTY at the end, our part of the floor (which must rise or collapse for other performances) was vibrating and rocking with us! I'm glad it was strong! :death: A great night!!

I was only sad for the lack of a merch table! I had plans to buy stuff for me and FiaSpice so I was deeply disappointed. I hung around afterwards for about 15-20 minutes to see if I could meet Melanie on her way out but, as stated already, I'm an old, tired mom and it was already past my bedtime. :p

I wrote down the songs in order as she sang so if anyone wants the playlist, let me know and I'll post it!
King

Postby King » 06 May 2017, 11:01

Luke S wrote:
Fanatik wrote:

well, ok, I don't really know how many people were there – we were discussing that with some other fans and then when we turned back during the show it seemed to be full – but we were on the first row so we didn't exactly see well the other end of the hall. I just hope Melanie wasn't disappointed.

30% out of 1100* is 330 – still not bad

*https://www.volkshaus.ch/mieten/theatersaal

She used to sellout Volkshaus in the past. It's such a shame if it was half empty. The profits must be small from this tour. When you go on tour you need a hit beforehand to sell it. She should have worked harder on promoting the album and make atleast Anymore a decent hit single and then tour. The general public doesn't even know she has new music out or that she's still an active performer.
megzluvsmelc
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind

Postby megzluvsmelc » 06 May 2017, 11:14

WhiteLily wrote:I was also at the Zürich show! I showed up 15 minutes before it started and was able to get up close to the stage, only 5 rows up people in front of me. I was able to get closer as the show went on and by the end of it, there was only three people ahead of me. I had an excellent view of Melanie. The crowd was very polite, as already stated above (Swiss!), and people were very receptive of Alex. From my point in the crowd, people knew the songs and danced and sang along. The oldies were sung by more, of course, and enough people knew to do the ICE ICE ICE which is a good sign of hardcore fans. :p

Melanie sang beautifully and really worked that stage with her dancing! A good vibe. It's been nine years since I've seen her perform and I'm an old, tired mom now so it was plenty loud and bumping for me. When we were all jumping and rocking out to Think About It and ITTY at the end, our part of the floor (which must rise or collapse for other performances) was vibrating and rocking with us! I'm glad it was strong! :death: A great night!!

I was only sad for the lack of a merch table! I had plans to buy stuff for me and FiaSpice so I was deeply disappointed. I hung around afterwards for about 15-20 minutes to see if I could meet Melanie on her way out but, as stated already, I'm an old, tired mom and it was already past my bedtime. :p

I wrote down the songs in order as she sang so if anyone wants the playlist, let me know and I'll post it!

I'm glad you had a good time! Did you get the good pics of her on stage? Yes people are being so nasty to Alex! I saw him and I thought he was good! It's such a shame that there's no merch stand over there. I brought a cup and a blue shirt! :) Hopefully she'll come to Canada someday! :)
Luke S

Postby Luke S » 06 May 2017, 12:18

King wrote:She used to sellout Volkshaus in the past. It's such a shame if it was half empty. The profits must be small from this tour. When you go on tour you need a hit beforehand to sell it. She should have worked harder on promoting the album and make atleast Anymore a decent hit single and then tour. The general public doesn't even know she has new music out or that she's still an active performer.

well, yeah, I've met this girl on a concert who is a big fan (it was her 3rd VOM concert) and told me she doesn't use FB much and for a while she didn't even knew about the new album
felx

Postby felx » 06 May 2017, 12:45

Luke S wrote:
King wrote:She used to sellout Volkshaus in the past. It's such a shame if it was half empty. The profits must be small from this tour. When you go on tour you need a hit beforehand to sell it. She should have worked harder on promoting the album and make atleast Anymore a decent hit single and then tour. The general public doesn't even know she has new music out or that she's still an active performer.

well, yeah, I've met this girl on a concert who is a big fan (it was her 3rd VOM concert) and told me she doesn't use FB much and for a while she didn't even knew about the new album

a bit strange...if you are that big fan of somebody....you visit her site sometimes don't you??
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 06 May 2017, 16:29

WhiteLily wrote:I was also at the Zürich show! I showed up 15 minutes before it started and was able to get up close to the stage, only 5 rows up people in front of me. I was able to get closer as the show went on and by the end of it, there was only three people ahead of me. I had an excellent view of Melanie. The crowd was very polite, as already stated above (Swiss!), and people were very receptive of Alex. From my point in the crowd, people knew the songs and danced and sang along. The oldies were sung by more, of course, and enough people knew to do the ICE ICE ICE which is a good sign of hardcore fans. :p

It's a bit disspointing about the lack of merchandise :(

But I'm glad you had a great night. It's nice that enough fan new the ice or Mel c thing.
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
_rEaSoN_

Postby _rEaSoN_ » 06 May 2017, 18:59

^if there is any in Hamburg, i can buy and ship it to you both if you need and know exactly what you want.
WhiteLily
Custom Title: Melanie C Quiltmaker

Postby WhiteLily » 07 May 2017, 12:02

_rEaSoN_ wrote:^if there is any in Hamburg, i can buy and ship it to you both if you need and know exactly what you want.

Thank you, that's so kind of you to offer! I've taken the lack of a merch table as a sign that I need to save my money so I'll pass but thanks!!
Kevsie

Postby Kevsie » 07 May 2017, 13:02

The only complaint I have is

I wish she wouldn't wear the same outfit - the ENTIRE TOUR
*Rick*

Postby *Rick* » 07 May 2017, 20:07

Kevsie wrote:The only complaint I have is

This. It's also not such an awesome dress but I guess she did it for continuity...
I don't know about the other dates but they were filming in Berlin so I guess she's willing to drop a bluray/dvd or just upload the tour on youtube as a promo tool.
HIMzone666

Postby HIMzone666 » 07 May 2017, 20:56

*Rick* wrote:

This. It's also not such an awesome dress but I guess she did it for continuity...
I don't know about the other dates but they were filming in Berlin so I guess she's willing to drop a bluray/dvd or just upload the tour on youtube as a promo tool.

ooh, these are great news. thanks for telling that they filmed in berlin. i did not see cameras in Cologne. but maybe i was blind or really just berlin.

to everyone being in Offenbach tomorrow: Don't miss the bearded guy (me. haha) giving Glow Sticks to the fans. me and my friends bought about 500 to hand out to the fans, so that we can all raise them during "Northern Star" (thats our plan currently) and wave them :D. some colorful light from the audience to melanie and her band!
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 08 May 2017, 09:49

HIMzone666 wrote:
*Rick* wrote:

ooh, these are great news. thanks for telling that they filmed in berlin. i did not see cameras in Cologne. but maybe i was blind or really just berlin.

to everyone being in Offenbach tomorrow: Don't miss the bearded guy (me. haha) giving Glow Sticks to the fans. me and my friends bought about 500 to hand out to the fans, so that we can all raise them during "Northern Star" (thats our plan currently) and wave them :D. some colorful light from the audience to melanie and her band!

Dying to see this!
_rEaSoN_

Postby _rEaSoN_ » 08 May 2017, 09:51

Nice show yesterday in Hamburg. Small venue but packed.
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 08 May 2017, 14:42

*Rick* wrote:

ohhh nice
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
Sonja

Postby Sonja » 08 May 2017, 15:55

the zurich gig was great and yes people are polite and quite, there is no need for a space between stage and fans. it looked full when you were in the front but there was enough space behind. yeah she used to sell more tickets but it rocked: https://www.instagram.com/p/BTuWPj_hXpd/
HIMzone666

Postby HIMzone666 » 09 May 2017, 09:47

unfortunatelly we were not allowed to hand out the glow sticks. we could just hand out about 100 outside the venue before the doors opened, but not after entering :( . many people only arrived very late.

i love the concert, and i had a good view to the stage.
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 09 May 2017, 14:53

HIMzone666 wrote:unfortunatelly we were not allowed to hand out the glow sticks. we could just hand out about 100 outside the venue before the doors opened, but not after entering :( . many people only arrived very late.

I'm sorry you were not able to execute this great plan. It would have been amazing. I am one of those waiting how it would look like. Love from Manila Philippines.
HIMzone666

Postby HIMzone666 » 09 May 2017, 19:08

carlojosegomez8 wrote:
HIMzone666 wrote:unfortunatelly we were not allowed to hand out the glow sticks. we could just hand out about 100 outside the venue before the doors opened, but not after entering :( . many people only arrived very late.

I'm sorry you were not able to execute this great plan. It would have been amazing. I am one of those waiting how it would look like. Love from Manila Philippines.

Have not seen any picture of our small glow stick thing. but there is an article about the concert. and at least the word "glow stick" is used in it xD

https://www.regioactive.de/review/2017/05/09/melanie-c-laesst-in-offenbach-neue-toene-hoeren-xfgzPycMWZ.html
Luke S

Postby Luke S » 10 May 2017, 08:47

Melanie has just announced another gig in Zurich!!

http://www.bandsintown.com/event/13902267?artist=Melanie%20C&came_from=127
– it's with Ronan Keating so it's probably not a full set – but it's still great :-)
krume.t

Postby krume.t » 10 May 2017, 11:22

Luke S wrote:Melanie has just announced another gig in Zurich!!

– it's with Ronan Keating so it's probably not a full set – but it's still great :-)

That is part of the Live at Sunset festival, a duet might be expected too (I suspect of No Matter What :) ).
More info and tickets here: http://www.liveatsunset.ch/sites/1/de/home/#act216
Luke S

Postby Luke S » 10 May 2017, 12:07

krume.t wrote:
Luke S wrote:Melanie has just announced another gig in Zurich!!

That is part of the Live at Sunset festival, a duet might be expected too (I suspect of No Matter What :) ).
More info and tickets here: http://www.liveatsunset.ch/sites/1/de/home/#act216

oh yeah, that explains why the tickets are so expensive :rolleyes:

I wonder if Melanie is a support for Ronan or is it like common concert or sth
– I mean.. she's a bigger star than he is, it would be strange if she'd only just support him

Return to “Melanie C”