'Hold On' (feat. Alex Francis) ☆ Music Video now on YouTube

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
sammy01

Re: 'Hold On' (feat. Alex Francis) ☆ Music Video now on YouTube

Postby sammy01 » 23 Apr 2017, 23:31

~niki~ wrote:Remember, back in the day, when the Spice Girls would release a new single and we wouldn't know it was coming? We were so excited to see something new by the girls and we fell in love with the videos for the mere fact that the girls were in another video. You know, before the internet where everyone became a critic and started thinking they know better than everybody else and thinking musical artists needed to cater to the fans rather than pursuing their passions and making work they're proud of. Yeah, those were good times. Nobody just sits back to enjoy things anymore.

Now, Melanie releases four singles in the span of six months and majority of the fans aren't happy about anything and want to pick everything apart as though they're experts in the industry. Yeah, that's definitely gonna entice her releasing music. :rolleyes:

The Spice Girls videos were good though. Melanie really isn't a visual artist in any way, her videos for most of her career have been sub par, her staging and performance isn't a visual thing either, her artwork leaves a lot to be desired too. Which means the main focus is the music and it really needs to be absolute top notch and it hasn't been that for a long while.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
bryand

Postby bryand » 23 Apr 2017, 23:41

sammy01 wrote:
~niki~ wrote:Remember, back in the day, when the Spice Girls would release a new single and we wouldn't know it was coming? We were so excited to see something new by the girls and we fell in love with the videos for the mere fact that the girls were in another video. You know, before the internet where everyone became a critic and started thinking they know better than everybody else and thinking musical artists needed to cater to the fans rather than pursuing their passions and making work they're proud of. Yeah, those were good times. Nobody just sits back to enjoy things anymore.

Now, Melanie releases four singles in the span of six months and majority of the fans aren't happy about anything and want to pick everything apart as though they're experts in the industry. Yeah, that's definitely gonna entice her releasing music. :rolleyes:

The Spice Girls videos were good though. Melanie really isn't a visual artist in any way, her videos for most of her career have been sub par, her staging and performance isn't a visual thing either, her artwork leaves a lot to be desired too. Which means the main focus is the music and it really needs to be absolute top notch and it hasn't been that for a long while.

In your opinion! Let's make that 100% clear :wave:
bryand

Postby bryand » 23 Apr 2017, 23:43

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:I just can't. This song is... I'm sorry. So sorry she has such a bad taste in her releases. Even the bside one minute has more soul than this.

It's a masterpiece! Love this song :inlove:
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 23 Apr 2017, 23:53

bryand wrote:
sammy01 wrote:

When someone posts that they think her new video or whatever is great, do you reply with 'In your opinion' thought not. Of course it is my opinion I'm posting it :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 23 Apr 2017, 23:54

bryand wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:I just can't. This song is... I'm sorry. So sorry she has such a bad taste in her releases. Even the bside one minute has more soul than this.

In your opinion :wave:
bryand

Postby bryand » 23 Apr 2017, 23:58

sammy01 wrote:
bryand wrote:
sammy01 wrote:

When someone posts that they think her new video or whatever is great, do you reply with 'In your opinion' thought not. Of course it is my opinion I'm posting it :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Of course not cos their opinion is positive and not predictably negative :kiss: :kiss:
bryand

Postby bryand » 24 Apr 2017, 00:00

sammy01 wrote:
bryand wrote:

In your opinion :wave:

100% my opinion ! Just keeping it real :wave:
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 24 Apr 2017, 00:10

Yes, internet has made people really picky. The fact that we still have some physical releases is amazing.
tommie

Postby tommie » 24 Apr 2017, 13:51

Hold On is another basic bitch video.

I guess creativity is all in funding.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 24 Apr 2017, 17:24

Except back in the day their group and solo videos were great 95% of the time.

When Mel B released 'Lullaby' the general opinion was that it was a half arsed low budget video. Same happened with 'If That Were Me'. Nobody fell in love with those videos, so speak for yourself. We were critic back then with or without internet. But most of the time their videos were, at least, good, and quite often great, so obviously the negativity towards their music videos was quite rare.

It's not our fault that the only Spice Girl releasing music keeps on delivering the same video with different soundtrack. Creativity is gone and that's not our fault.

Not to mention that we grow up and develop a sense of quality that we certainly didn't have when we were younger, specially those of us that have creative jobs now. So now we have better knowledge to judge music videos (among other things) in a more critic way than 15 years ago. Trying to make that seem like a bad thing is, excuse me, ignorant and deluded. If you want to keep on praising Melanie for everything she does without judgement, then go ahead, but don't expect the rest of us to do the same.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 24 Apr 2017, 19:22

^ You are more than welcome to try & come up with a better concept for a video (in a reasonable budget), but of course you won't bother. You just like to act bitchy.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 24 Apr 2017, 19:32

I like this video but I feel where people are coming from with the "same-y" kind of videos she's been releasing...

I think we have always been critical... and I think that she can come up with original or kinda different videos: Anymore, Weak, Think About It... that seem low Budget (Are they?) and still look great
goin down

Postby goin down » 24 Apr 2017, 20:46

This is not a bad video compared to some .

The song is growing on me more and more.

Melanie keep going !!!
'all i can tell you is to know who you are'
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 24 Apr 2017, 22:44

She needs a high budget video in this era before it ends :D
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 25 Apr 2017, 00:34

Blond Pharaoh wrote:She needs a high budget video in this era before it ends :D

Red Girl Records don't have money for that;/
Maybe Victoria can help her with it, lol!
NorthSea

Postby NorthSea » 25 Apr 2017, 03:12

bryand wrote:
NorthSea wrote:Perfect Melanie C's style: boring and meaningless

Because you're too lazy to work out the meaning? It's kinda obvious what the meaning is :Dizzy:

yes i got it but for me this is just not enough to make it meaningful.
And I'm not saying all the videos have to be deep or anything but I was just hoping for something interesting that I haven' t found so I was a bit upset..that's it
bryand

Postby bryand » 25 Apr 2017, 13:21

NorthSea wrote:
bryand wrote:
NorthSea wrote:Perfect Melanie C's style: boring and meaningless

Because you're too lazy to work out the meaning? It's kinda obvious what the meaning is :Dizzy:

yes i got it but for me this is just not enough to make it meaningful.
And I'm not saying all the videos have to be deep or anything but I was just hoping for something interesting that I haven' t found so I was a bit upset..that's it

I'm so sorry I shouldn't of presumed. Don't be upset though. :hug:
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 25 Apr 2017, 16:26

Red Boy wrote:^ You are more than welcome to try & come up with a better concept for a video (in a reasonable budget), but of course you won't bother. You just like to act bitchy.

Last time I checked, Melanie C wasn't under my clients list. So no, I will not bother. And specially if it's just to please you.

Sometimes the problem isn't the concept of the video, but its execution and everything that surrounds that concept (photography, acting, hair, make up, clothes, lighting,...)

And again what's so bitchy about telling the truth? I didn't even say it's a bad video. You only read what you want to read. I said her videos from 'Weak' onwards have had the same look&feel and it's true. That doesn't mean they're crap videos. Learn some reading and comprehension, please.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
herman22j

Postby herman22j » 25 Apr 2017, 20:08

TBH i don't like her new album. Almost every song has the same tune over and over. It's like i have a song on repeat. A big let down. The Sea album is in many ways better! Stop being blind!
NUFF SAID
SomeonesBaby

Postby SomeonesBaby » 26 Apr 2017, 21:10

It's an OK video. Kind of like Better Alone, Understand, Rock Me, Anymore, Better Alone all rolled into one.

I like the end. It can be interpreted different ways- either he felt he could do better/she could do better without him, he thought she wasn't going to answer, got scared & ran off, or just wanted to hurt her and make her wonder/lack closure.

It's still way better than the Windows 2003 screensaver that is Melt. <3
izek

Postby izek » 26 Apr 2017, 22:02

Would really appreciate it if anyone could link me to the version of "Hold On" without alex. I have searched youtube, and soundcloud and it seems the solo version has been replaced with the single. many thanks! :dee:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 26 Apr 2017, 23:00

There's never been a solo version, both the album version & single version are with Alex Francis! If a solo version was ever out there, it would have been fan made.
_Douglas_

Postby _Douglas_ » 26 Apr 2017, 23:36

The song got registered before she finishes it with Alex, so there is a possibility of an existing solo version as a demo.
YourMistake

Postby YourMistake » 29 Apr 2017, 17:31

SomeonesBaby wrote:It's an OK video. Kind of like Better Alone, Understand, Rock Me, Anymore, Better Alone all rolled into one.

I like the end. It can be interpreted different ways- either he felt he could do better/she could do better without him, he thought she wasn't going to answer, got scared & ran off, or just wanted to hurt her and make her wonder/lack closure.

It's still way better than the Windows 2003 screensaver that is Melt. <3

Yeah, I noticed a lot of reclycling on her last videos. No idea why she loves so much to show "art" on walls.
Do you believe in life after love?
goin down

Postby goin down » 29 Apr 2017, 19:43

So this isn't doing anything in any country is it ?

Well let's hope she goes with anymore and numb as singles in South America
'all i can tell you is to know who you are'

Return to “Melanie C”