Upcoming Festivals 2017 | Today: Live at Sunset in Switzerland

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Re: Upcoming Festivals 2017 | Today: NDR Sommertour

Postby Masterpiece » 02 Jul 2017, 02:41

Upload finally finished. Sorry it took so long, blame brazilian servers. :)

https://mega.nz/#F!j5g3RSJb!-pRhVvaK-7W3QyJns0fBlQ

720p original streams, not screen recordings.
CarlosAlmeida

Postby CarlosAlmeida » 02 Jul 2017, 02:44

Masterpiece wrote:Upload finally finished. Sorry it took so long, blame brazilian servers. :)

https://mega.nz/#F!j5g3RSJb!-pRhVvaK-7W3QyJns0fBlQ

720p original streams, not screen recordings.

Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 02 Jul 2017, 03:37

Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 02 Jul 2017, 06:43

Thank you so much, Carlos & Erick! :lovers:
gaga
Custom Title: Acxspice_s husband

Postby gaga » 02 Jul 2017, 07:32

when i open the file to check the sound with an editor, i see the sound is in mono and not real stereo.

it is normal ? Because i watched it live and as the same time i recorded the audio from the stream link that was provided here using Goldwave and i got excellent stereo sound.
ULTIMATE SPICE : the ultimate spice girls and solos discography http://ultimatespice.online.fr
CarlosAlmeida

Postby CarlosAlmeida » 02 Jul 2017, 07:41

Red Boy wrote:Thank you so much, Carlos & Erick! :lovers:

Welcome!
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 02 Jul 2017, 07:54

Thank you so much guys! :wave:
gaga
Custom Title: Acxspice_s husband

Postby gaga » 02 Jul 2017, 07:54

here is a sample of my audio : Anymore

https://mab.to/qScKFf8aa
ULTIMATE SPICE : the ultimate spice girls and solos discography http://ultimatespice.online.fr
stigmatized

Postby stigmatized » 02 Jul 2017, 08:29

bryand wrote:
stigmatized wrote:Great set and great show!! Band is amazing. Melanie's vocals were mostly autotuned btw. apart from some intros to songs.

Auto tuned my arse lol :Dizzy:

Sorry but it is a fact.
1: If you follow Melanie you would hopefully hear that she is never that spot on when live.
2. Some vocal runs sound very robotic and weird if you listen to the details..it is because she was closer to another note than the one she was supposed to hit so it tunes to the wrong note...
3. I have been in recording and performing for 15 years and know a thing or two about autotune and live autotune...was watching this with my friend who is a producer..we both noticed it right away.
4. The intro to northern star was without autotune for example..that was not so spot on...the rest of the song is...and there we go...spot on! Check that part out again...it is a perfect example of without autotune and with.

"She did but kept it hidden well" was not tuned...off key
"You made it to the other side" was tuned...perfect note..sounds typically autotune with the pulled up note sound.
5. I suspect the NDR team wanted this because they were doing the live stream. Not a bad idea...mel sounds amazing here.

If you choose to ignore all this and say bullshit....fine...but don't call bullshit when I am stating facts.
CarlosAlmeida

Postby CarlosAlmeida » 02 Jul 2017, 09:03

carlojosegomez8 wrote:Thank you so much guys! :wave:

:wave: :)
felx

Postby felx » 02 Jul 2017, 09:31

stigmatized wrote:
bryand wrote:
stigmatized wrote:Great set and great show!! Band is amazing. Melanie's vocals were mostly autotuned btw. apart from some intros to songs.

Sorry but it is a fact.
1: If you follow Melanie you would hopefully hear that she is never that spot on when live.
2. Some vocal runs sound very robotic and weird if you listen to the details..it is because she was closer to another note than the one she was supposed to hit so it tunes to the wrong note...
3. I have been in recording and performing for 15 years and know a thing or two about autotune and live autotune...was watching this with my friend who is a producer..we both noticed it right away.
4. The intro to northern star was without autotune for example..that was not so spot on...the rest of the song is...and there we go...spot on! Check that part out again...it is a perfect example of without autotune and with.

"You made it to the other side" was tuned...perfect note..sounds typically autotune with the pulled up note sound.
5. I suspect the NDR team wanted this because they were doing the live stream. Not a bad idea...mel sounds amazing here.

If you choose to ignore all this and say bullshit....fine...but don't call bullshit when I am stating facts.

What are you talking about? :laugh: ....she wasnt that great , or as you says on spot this time......she never used autotune
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
stigmatized

Postby stigmatized » 02 Jul 2017, 09:47

felx wrote:
stigmatized wrote:
bryand wrote:

Sorry but it is a fact.

What are you talking about? :laugh: ....she wasnt that great , or as you says on spot this time......she never used autotune

If you listen with a trained ear this would not even be up for discussion...I am not making shit up. And as I said...they turn it off and on between songs so she doesn't sound weird when talking...obv they forgot at the northern star intro. Not saying she always uses autotune..just this time...and also the stream of the version of me album launch concert was autotuned. All the long notes are too spot on. The thing is..live autotune is a thing nowadays...and the fact that you don't believe me is a good thing because then the mission of the soundguy is accomplished. Just trust me when I say this gig was tuned by the soundguy that NDR hired.
bryand

Postby bryand » 02 Jul 2017, 10:01

stigmatized wrote:
bryand wrote:

Sorry but it is a fact.

Interesting read thank you but I still think it's a case of her just naturally being either in or out of tune .
I will check it out again.
Didn't mean to offend you. It just made me laugh cos I thought that if it was auto tune then the whole thing would be perfect which it wasn't.
Anyway, cheers for the explanation :)
stigmatized

Postby stigmatized » 02 Jul 2017, 10:09

bryand wrote:
stigmatized wrote:
bryand wrote:

Sorry but it is a fact.

Interesting read thank you but I still think it's a case of her just naturally being either in or out of tune .
I will check it out again.
Didn't mean to offend you. It just made me laugh cos I thought that if it was auto tune then the whole thing would be perfect which it wasn't.
Anyway, cheers for the explanation :)

Absolutely not a problem at all...I love Melanie and would never throw shade or something. I am just very much into the technical side of music and concerts and find it interesting to see how her team handle her shows. Anyway...she can be so so proud of this new band and show. She is really up there with the best when it comes to live shows. That drummer can give the best American drummers a run for their money and the sound is worthy of any big festival. She would totally steal Dutch people's hearts at Pinkpop for example. The show is musically interesting and very current. Well done Mel and team! ❤
felx

Postby felx » 02 Jul 2017, 11:40

stigmatized wrote:
felx wrote:
stigmatized wrote:
bryand wrote:

Sorry but it is a fact.

If you listen with a trained ear this would not even be up for discussion...I am not making shit up. And as I said...they turn it off and on between songs so she doesn't sound weird when talking...obv they forgot at the northern star intro. Not saying she always uses autotune..just this time...and also the stream of the version of me album launch concert was autotuned. All the long notes are too spot on. The thing is..live autotune is a thing nowadays...and the fact that you don't believe me is a good thing because then the mission of the soundguy is accomplished. Just trust me when I say this gig was tuned by the soundguy that NDR hired.

she sounds exactly as she used to sound...... then she was autotuned all the time since 99??? :rolleyes:

ps: you are the only one thinking this......that says something....
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
MC2016

Postby MC2016 » 02 Jul 2017, 11:46

I am not an expert but I dont think she was autotuned at all.... She was not perfect in many points...
stigmatized

Postby stigmatized » 02 Jul 2017, 12:21

MC2016 wrote:I am not an expert but I dont think she was autotuned at all.... She was not perfect in many points...

True...but autotune can be set to correct only to a certain degree..so even if autotune is used it doesn't mean 100% pitch perfect...also..they kept turning it off and on at times. It can also be used for some songs and not for others.
stigmatized

Postby stigmatized » 02 Jul 2017, 12:23

Deleted...accidentally double posted
Last edited by stigmatized on 02 Jul 2017, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
stigmatized

Postby stigmatized » 02 Jul 2017, 12:28

felx wrote:
stigmatized wrote:
felx wrote:
stigmatized wrote:

Sorry but it is a fact.

she sounds exactly as she used to sound...... then she was autotuned all the time since 99??? :rolleyes:

ps: you are the only one thinking this......that says something....

No she never used live autotune back then...she used it only just now...she doesn't exactly the same...usually she can be slightly below the notes...but now she was unmelanie like on pitch during a lot of songs.

It might be because I work in the studio with these things and on stage..and that is why I am the only one to notice.
Emmel C fan
Custom Title: fan of SG since 1996

Postby Emmel C fan » 02 Jul 2017, 17:23

I think Melanie sings better live than on her albums I like both of course and I seen her live about 7 times and she sounded amazing every time I think she is one of the few who really stands out live vocal vice, because people like Britney she cleary don't sing live and yes I seen her show about 4 times she is a great dancer you can say I you want but she dosen't have Melanie's talent as singer or popstar only on cds if you into that kinda music #justsaying
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 02 Jul 2017, 18:01

thank you
Emma Station |
stigmatized

Postby stigmatized » 02 Jul 2017, 18:31

Emmel C fan wrote:I think Melanie sings better live than on her albums I like both of course and I seen her live about 7 times and she sounded amazing every time I think she is one of the few who really stands out live vocal vice, because people like Britney she cleary don't sing live and yes I seen her show about 4 times she is a great dancer you can say I you want but she dosen't have Melanie's talent as singer or popstar only on cds if you into that kinda music #justsaying

I agree I love Melanie so much and she is amazing on stage....plus this might be my favourite concert video of her so far!!
LETO

Postby LETO » 03 Jul 2017, 13:40

One Live festival (July 8th) has been cancelled due to sales not being enough :hmm:

http://www.onelivefestival.co.uk/
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 03 Jul 2017, 16:20

Emmel C fan wrote:I think Melanie sings better live than on her albums

I don't agree. At all. On studio she always sounds flawless, while on live performances she often sounds very nasal and too rough.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
CarlosAlmeida

Postby CarlosAlmeida » 03 Jul 2017, 19:12

Melanie C Live At NDR Sommertour (Audio)
Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2SuCj ... 5pVmc/view

Return to “Melanie C”