Melanie in Mexico! Pics on page 4

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
athilak

Re: Melanie in Mexico! Pics on page 4

Postby athilak » 28 May 2017, 05:36

What happened to her band? Change it again? Didnt like the sound of this new one...
MidnightFantasy

Postby MidnightFantasy » 28 May 2017, 06:04

rebelheart wrote:Who stayed after Mel's performance? I left after "I Turn To You." :wave:

Why did you leave?
rebelheart
Custom Title: viva la vida

Postby rebelheart » 28 May 2017, 06:14

athilak wrote:What happened to her band? Change it again? Didnt like the sound of this new one...

Hmm not sure. Yeah I didn't think it worked that well for Melanie's vocals.

MidnightFantasy wrote:
rebelheart wrote:Who stayed after Mel's performance? I left after "I Turn To You." :wave:

Why did you leave?

I had to catch the train. I didn't want to take a cab back home. And Melanie was just one of the performers. I wasn't really keen on the other artists.
You know you'll never be lonely,
No, you'll always be loved,
And maybe, you never need more than that.
But for the surplus that loves,
What's to become of us?
Does it even register on your conscience?

- Half Life by Imogen Heap
vic vic

Postby vic vic » 28 May 2017, 06:55

athilak wrote:What happened to her band? Change it again? Didnt like the sound of this new one...

I think maybe she didn't travel with her band, I wouldn't be surprised if she (or there organizers) hired a local band/musicians to play this gig.
CarlosAlmeida

Postby CarlosAlmeida » 28 May 2017, 15:13

felx

Postby felx » 28 May 2017, 15:41

vic vic wrote:

I think maybe she didn't travel with her band, I wouldn't be surprised if she (or there organizers) hired a local band/musicians to play this gig.

I doubt a brand new local band have learned the whole set just for this concert.....

and seems like the drummer is from her band... isn't just the guys on the keyboards different?
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 28 May 2017, 16:50

Anymore / Escalator / Version Of Me:

I hope this channel uploads the full show. Amazing quality :inlove:
Last edited by tiagohm on 28 May 2017, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
Emma Station |
athilak

Postby athilak » 28 May 2017, 17:03

felx wrote:
vic vic wrote:

I doubt a brand new local band have learned the whole set just for this concert.....

and seems like the drummer is from her band... isn't just the guys on the keyboards different?

Nop. Louis Riccardi was the guitar player, but now he is in Ontario. ( from his instagran @louisriccardi82 ). :confused: :confused:
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 28 May 2017, 17:11

athilak wrote:
felx wrote:
vic vic wrote:

Nop. Louis Riccardi was the guitar player, but now he is in Ontario. ( from his instagran @louisriccardi82 ). :confused: :confused:

He was the guitar player for the UK part only. In Germany he wasn't on the band already.
Last edited by FabianC on 28 May 2017, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
vic vic

Postby vic vic » 28 May 2017, 17:13

felx wrote:
vic vic wrote:

Oh, I'm not familiar with the new band at all, I just thought it might be the case because I'm a fan of another independent artist and I know she does that when she tours 'cause it's probably cheaper than flying and booking hotels, etc for the whole band (this might be different for Melanie since this was a festival that I guess paid her well enough to go over there).
kelsoTX

Postby kelsoTX » 28 May 2017, 18:17

This is my video of Never Be The Same Again... I'm sorry for my singing but I was super excited!!

https://youtu.be/PDLCE2IRn8g
"Face your fears, live your dreams!"
kelsoTX

Postby kelsoTX » 28 May 2017, 18:48

This was amazing! I was crying for what she said..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... gDsW-zMrJw
"Face your fears, live your dreams!"
felx

Postby felx » 28 May 2017, 18:56

nice and everything... but this is just as her other tour dates.....same outfit, setlist..... :shrug:

liked The Sea tour better, at least she changed her clothes sometimes....
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 28 May 2017, 19:41

felx wrote:nice and everything... but this is just as her other tour dates.....same outfit, setlist..... :shrug:

Yes, but it was in Mexico, the first time that she went there as a solo artist.

If she does the same in all Latin America, we dont care

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
Syd

Postby Syd » 28 May 2017, 20:02

felx wrote:nice and everything... but this is just as her other tour dates.....same outfit, setlist..... :shrug:

Most artists wear the same clothes and play the same setlists during the course of a tour (even if it's a single t-shirt and jeans!). Why would she have to do it differently? (adding stress and pressure to the situation of touring) Why are people so hung up on what she wears? If you're seeing one of your favorite artists live why would you be upset about a "repeat outfit/setlist" when she's doing what's expected for an artist on tour? I don't get it.
felx

Postby felx » 28 May 2017, 20:09

Syd wrote:

Most artists wear the same clothes and play the same setlists during the course of a tour (even if it's a single t-shirt and jeans!). Why would she have to do it differently? (adding stress and pressure to the situation of touring) Why are people so hung up on what she wears? If you're seeing one of your favorite artists live why would you be upset about a "repeat outfit/setlist" when she's doing what's expected for an artist on tour? I don't get it.

she allways changed her t shirts previously NS tour, reason, BI.......even in the sea tour she combined different pants with different tops

and this wasn't part of her tour was it?
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 28 May 2017, 20:59

^ Your obsession with clothes, shoes & hair is tiring. This ain't the VB forum, darling.
felx

Postby felx » 28 May 2017, 21:07

Red Boy wrote:^ Your obsession with clothes, shoes & hair is tiring. This ain't the VB forum, darling.

isn't??? :x
all these years I thought this is......silly me :wave:

ps: your obsession with Melanie is a bit tiring too....:D
Tonybu
Custom Title: mit Annette Humpe

Postby Tonybu » 28 May 2017, 22:46

vic vic wrote:
felx wrote:
vic vic wrote:

Oh, I'm not familiar with the new band at all, I just thought it might be the case because I'm a fan of another independent artist and I know she does that when she tours 'cause it's probably cheaper than flying and booking hotels, etc for the whole band (this might be different for Melanie since this was a festival that I guess paid her well enough to go over there).

It is just the drummer from her new band, the rest is pre-recorded and the other two guys are just "miming". That's a smart move since you've got three less people to spend on and bare in mind each musician have their own instruments (keyboards, guitars plus pedals.... When it comes to drums is easier to have one with the same setting and it is also and instrument you can not "mime" with! Too loud!
Berlin...<3
Tonybu
Custom Title: mit Annette Humpe

Postby Tonybu » 28 May 2017, 22:49

vic vic wrote:
felx wrote:
vic vic wrote:

It is just the drummer from her new band, the rest is pre-recorded and the other two guys are just "miming". That's a smart move since you've got three less people to spend on and bare in mind each musician have their own instruments (keyboards, guitars plus pedals.... When it comes to drums is easier to have one with the same setting and it is also and instrument you can not "mime" with! Too loud!
Berlin...<3
california

Postby california » 28 May 2017, 23:18

Which merchandise was sold on the concert in Mexico? the same as EU tour? (T-shirt & mug)
http://spicecollection.skyrock.com/ (2800 items)
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 28 May 2017, 23:21

Your obsession with her clothes is getting so boring. If you care that much then you really should support someone like Little Mix, Steps, Jessie J, Lady GaGa and the likes. They are more about image combined with the music, while Melanie isn't about image at all. She is no different to many musicians who don't change during shows, Kaiser Chiefs didn't, Scissor Sisters didn't, Queen didn't (although Adam Lambert did), Elton John didn't... They are all acts who I have seen in concert who wore the same outfit throughout, and then I saw Elton John wearing the same outfit and doing the same show in Vegas nearly 2 years later... :shrug: Still great shows :shrug:

It really highlights the double standard in our society, if this were a male solo act nobody would be commenting on what he wore during a show. :shrug: :rolleyes:
felx

Postby felx » 28 May 2017, 23:28

spicefreak wrote:

Your obsession with her clothes is getting so boring. If you care that much then you really should support someone like Little Mix, Steps, Jessie J, Lady GaGa and the likes. They are more about image combined with the music, while Melanie isn't about image at all. She is no different to many musicians who don't change during shows, Kaiser Chiefs didn't, Scissor Sisters didn't, Queen didn't (although Adam Lambert did), Elton John didn't... They are all acts who I have seen in concert who wore the same outfit throughout, and then I saw Elton John wearing the same outfit and doing the same show in Vegas nearly 2 years later... :shrug: Still great shows :shrug:

It really highlights the double standard in our society, if this were a male solo act nobody would be commenting on what he wore during a show. :shrug: :rolleyes:

I am supporting who I want.....and she is the only artist I am since 1996......if I want to comment her clothes I will do......accept it.....
Cant wait to see her in brazil to make some comments again...:P:D :wave:
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 29 May 2017, 01:41

rebelheart wrote:Well... who knew Lady Luck would be so kind?! Saw a couple of people selling tickets outside. At first they were trying to sell it for 1000 MXN but around 8pm, I got one for 200 MXN.

I'm here at Auditorio Blackberry and the venue is quiet small but you get to see Melanie just a few feet away. It's bigger than the venue in London last Oct 2016 (Under The Bridge). This is my second time to see Melanie. :love:

Oh, well done, I'm glad you ended seeing her. 200MXN is really cheap in Euros, I have no idea of how much is the regular price for a concert in Mexico.
rebelheart
Custom Title: viva la vida

Postby rebelheart » 29 May 2017, 05:11

WhatTheHell wrote:
rebelheart wrote:Well... who knew Lady Luck would be so kind?! Saw a couple of people selling tickets outside. At first they were trying to sell it for 1000 MXN but around 8pm, I got one for 200 MXN.

I'm here at Auditorio Blackberry and the venue is quiet small but you get to see Melanie just a few feet away. It's bigger than the venue in London last Oct 2016 (Under The Bridge). This is my second time to see Melanie. :love:

Oh, well done, I'm glad you ended seeing her. 200MXN is really cheap in Euros, I have no idea of how much is the regular price for a concert in Mexico.

I think the original price on Ticketmaster Mexico was around 1500+ MXN (around 80 USD). I thought it was a little exorbitant so I didn't buy it. On the day of the event, I just passed by the venue (Auditorio Blackberry) and was immediately approached by some guy selling tickets. Maybe I looked like I really wanted to go inside LOL. I saw the ticket and it only said $1.00 (which probably meant 1 MXN). I thought maybe these were free tickets or extra tickets. There was no way I was going to pay the 1,000 MXN that the guy quoted me so I left. I said I can only afford 200 MXN (about 10 USD) but he declined. A few minutes after 8PM, I went back to the venue and the guy was still selling the tickets and he said he'll take my 200 MXN. Deal!

Great crowd! You can feel how the Mexican fans wanted to see a Spice Girl so bad. Was a great night. :love:
I also saw Ace of Base before Mel's performance and enjoyed their songs. Brought me back to the 90s.
After Mel performed, I think Vanilla Ice was next but I had already by the time he performed.
You know you'll never be lonely,
No, you'll always be loved,
And maybe, you never need more than that.
But for the surplus that loves,
What's to become of us?
Does it even register on your conscience?

- Half Life by Imogen Heap

Return to “Melanie C”