Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
Tonybu
Custom Title: mit Annette Humpe

Re: Melanie in Mexico! Pics on page 4

Postby Tonybu » 28 May 2017, 22:49

vic vic wrote:
felx wrote:
vic vic wrote:
athilak wrote:What happened to her band? Change it again? Didnt like the sound of this new one...

I think maybe she didn't travel with her band, I wouldn't be surprised if she (or there organizers) hired a local band/musicians to play this gig.

I doubt a brand new local band have learned the whole set just for this concert.....

and seems like the drummer is from her band... isn't just the guys on the keyboards different?

Oh, I'm not familiar with the new band at all, I just thought it might be the case because I'm a fan of another independent artist and I know she does that when she tours 'cause it's probably cheaper than flying and booking hotels, etc for the whole band (this might be different for Melanie since this was a festival that I guess paid her well enough to go over there).

It is just the drummer from her new band, the rest is pre-recorded and the other two guys are just "miming". That's a smart move since you've got three less people to spend on and bare in mind each musician have their own instruments (keyboards, guitars plus pedals.... When it comes to drums is easier to have one with the same setting and it is also and instrument you can not "mime" with! Too loud!
Berlin...<3
california

Postby california » 28 May 2017, 23:18

Which merchandise was sold on the concert in Mexico? the same as EU tour? (T-shirt & mug)
http://spicecollection.skyrock.com/ (2800 items)
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 28 May 2017, 23:21

felx wrote:nice and everything... but this is just as her other tour dates.....same outfit, setlist..... :shrug:

liked The Sea tour better, at least she changed her clothes sometimes....

Your obsession with her clothes is getting so boring. If you care that much then you really should support someone like Little Mix, Steps, Jessie J, Lady GaGa and the likes. They are more about image combined with the music, while Melanie isn't about image at all. She is no different to many musicians who don't change during shows, Kaiser Chiefs didn't, Scissor Sisters didn't, Queen didn't (although Adam Lambert did), Elton John didn't... They are all acts who I have seen in concert who wore the same outfit throughout, and then I saw Elton John wearing the same outfit and doing the same show in Vegas nearly 2 years later... :shrug: Still great shows :shrug:

It really highlights the double standard in our society, if this were a male solo act nobody would be commenting on what he wore during a show. :shrug: :rolleyes:
felx

Postby felx » 28 May 2017, 23:28

spicefreak wrote:
felx wrote:nice and everything... but this is just as her other tour dates.....same outfit, setlist..... :shrug:

Your obsession with her clothes is getting so boring. If you care that much then you really should support someone like Little Mix, Steps, Jessie J, Lady GaGa and the likes. They are more about image combined with the music, while Melanie isn't about image at all. She is no different to many musicians who don't change during shows, Kaiser Chiefs didn't, Scissor Sisters didn't, Queen didn't (although Adam Lambert did), Elton John didn't... They are all acts who I have seen in concert who wore the same outfit throughout, and then I saw Elton John wearing the same outfit and doing the same show in Vegas nearly 2 years later... :shrug: Still great shows :shrug:

It really highlights the double standard in our society, if this were a male solo act nobody would be commenting on what he wore during a show. :shrug: :rolleyes:

I am supporting who I want.....and she is the only artist I am since 1996......if I want to comment her clothes I will do......accept it.....
Cant wait to see her in brazil to make some comments again...:P:D :wave:
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 29 May 2017, 01:41

rebelheart wrote:Well... who knew Lady Luck would be so kind?! Saw a couple of people selling tickets outside. At first they were trying to sell it for 1000 MXN but around 8pm, I got one for 200 MXN.

I'm here at Auditorio Blackberry and the venue is quiet small but you get to see Melanie just a few feet away. It's bigger than the venue in London last Oct 2016 (Under The Bridge). This is my second time to see Melanie. :love:

Oh, well done, I'm glad you ended seeing her. 200MXN is really cheap in Euros, I have no idea of how much is the regular price for a concert in Mexico.
rebelheart
Custom Title: viva la vida

Postby rebelheart » 29 May 2017, 05:11

WhatTheHell wrote:
rebelheart wrote:Well... who knew Lady Luck would be so kind?! Saw a couple of people selling tickets outside. At first they were trying to sell it for 1000 MXN but around 8pm, I got one for 200 MXN.

I'm here at Auditorio Blackberry and the venue is quiet small but you get to see Melanie just a few feet away. It's bigger than the venue in London last Oct 2016 (Under The Bridge). This is my second time to see Melanie. :love:

Oh, well done, I'm glad you ended seeing her. 200MXN is really cheap in Euros, I have no idea of how much is the regular price for a concert in Mexico.

I think the original price on Ticketmaster Mexico was around 1500+ MXN (around 80 USD). I thought it was a little exorbitant so I didn't buy it. On the day of the event, I just passed by the venue (Auditorio Blackberry) and was immediately approached by some guy selling tickets. Maybe I looked like I really wanted to go inside LOL. I saw the ticket and it only said $1.00 (which probably meant 1 MXN). I thought maybe these were free tickets or extra tickets. There was no way I was going to pay the 1,000 MXN that the guy quoted me so I left. I said I can only afford 200 MXN (about 10 USD) but he declined. A few minutes after 8PM, I went back to the venue and the guy was still selling the tickets and he said he'll take my 200 MXN. Deal!

Great crowd! You can feel how the Mexican fans wanted to see a Spice Girl so bad. Was a great night. :love:
I also saw Ace of Base before Mel's performance and enjoyed their songs. Brought me back to the 90s.
After Mel performed, I think Vanilla Ice was next but I had already by the time he performed.
You know you'll never be lonely,
No, you'll always be loved,
And maybe, you never need more than that.
But for the surplus that loves,
What's to become of us?
Does it even register on your conscience?

- Half Life by Imogen Heap
Kevsie

Postby Kevsie » 29 May 2017, 11:31

Red Boy wrote:^ Your obsession with clothes, shoes & hair is tiring. This ain't the VB forum, darling.

This made me howl
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 29 May 2017, 16:25

Syd wrote:

Most artists wear the same clothes and play the same setlists during the course of a tour (even if it's a single t-shirt and jeans!). Why would she have to do it differently? (adding stress and pressure to the situation of touring) Why are people so hung up on what she wears? If you're seeing one of your favorite artists live why would you be upset about a "repeat outfit/setlist" when she's doing what's expected for an artist on tour? I don't get it.

I agree with you. I saw ther twice for This Time Tour in Montreal and Ottawa and she wore the same top. I know she mixed it up at other days, but I didn't cared at all. I mean, all the artist I've seen on show had the same setlist and costumes every night. Unless there was one special song that shanged every night
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
King

Postby King » 29 May 2017, 20:05

This concert still counts as part of her VOM tour, and so will the festivals aswell. She's basically doing a whole set just like on a regular gig.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 29 May 2017, 20:13

I think people would care less about her outfit if it was actually good. But the shoes are hideous and the dress isn't tour-like at all. Furing The Sea tour she mostly wore the same red leather pants, the rock chick boots and a black top, but she looked fierce so nobody cared. Now, on the other hand, the look is awful, so the more some of us see it, the more we hate it... so it's only natural that some fans end up complaining about it (I honestly don't care about what she wears, specially now that for me this era is over and I'm just hoping for a better new era soon).
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
alex01

Postby alex01 » 29 May 2017, 21:32

Javi wrote:I think people would care less about her outfit if it was actually good. But the shoes are hideous and the dress isn't tour-like at all. Furing The Sea tour she mostly wore the same red leather pants, the rock chick boots and a black top, but she looked fierce so nobody cared. Now, on the other hand, the look is awful, so the more some of us see it, the more we hate it... so it's only natural that some fans end up complaining about it (I honestly don't care about what she wears, specially now that for me this era is over and I'm just hoping for a better new era soon).

This tour is her best so far, and most people who have attended agree on that. On the other hand, the tour for The Sea couldn't be more boring, so as long as the music and the sound has this quality, I couldn't care less what she is wearing.
She looks great anyway, whatever she wears.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 29 May 2017, 23:49

Guys, it's not like we hate Melanie ... we just don't like her outfit very much.

I like Melanie so it's not a "hate Melanie" topic.

But I do get the opinions. She's been edigier in her previous tours. This looks so "meh"... bland.

Same with her hair (just I know that's also been discussed a lot before). She used to be edgy with her "BI" hair, "HICA" era hair... ...
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 30 May 2017, 02:03

Emma Station |
rtaspice

Postby rtaspice » 30 May 2017, 02:14

california wrote:Which merchandise was sold on the concert in Mexico? the same as EU tour? (T-shirt & mug)

There were not merchsndise for sale. I was the one with the live streaming sorry for all the sin singing couldnt help it.

She was so happy, she promised she will be back soon, she couldnt believe we all knew all the songs. She constantly looked at her band amazed of the reaction of all of us.

Mágical night, Mel really felt so loved . And almost all of us had the chance of a personal picture with her. She was very kind with everyone. On sunday she signed everything even her bodyguard was helping to take pictures. We cant wait for her to come back cause we know it will be very soon
Javi

Postby Javi » 30 May 2017, 14:52

xinkoa wrote:
Javi wrote:I think people would care less about her outfit if it was actually good. But the shoes are hideous and the dress isn't tour-like at all. Furing The Sea tour she mostly wore the same red leather pants, the rock chick boots and a black top, but she looked fierce so nobody cared. Now, on the other hand, the look is awful, so the more some of us see it, the more we hate it... so it's only natural that some fans end up complaining about it (I honestly don't care about what she wears, specially now that for me this era is over and I'm just hoping for a better new era soon).

This tour is her best so far, and most people who have attended agree on that. On the other hand, the tour for The Sea couldn't be more boring, so as long as the music and the sound has this quality, I couldn't care less what she is wearing.

Well, I was talking about the outfit since that's what was being discussed.

Btw, have you asked everyone on every show to make such an assumption about the tour being her best so far and most people agreeing? Cause, despite it obviously being a good show for her standards, I've also read a lot of comments about how the show tends to get boring and I would never say "most people think it's boring". It's all about tastes and you can only speak for yourself, not for "most people attending". :shrug:

And sorry but saying "she looks great whatever she wears" is such a biased opinion. I don't lose sleep because of her clothes, but it's healthy to have a critic mind. When everything an artist says, does, wears and sings is "great", you lean on the fanatic deluded side. This is a general comment about your last appreciation, not about the tour or what she wears on it.
alex01

Postby alex01 » 30 May 2017, 16:58

Javi wrote:
xinkoa wrote:

Btw, have you asked everyone on every show to make such an assumption about the tour being her best so far and most people agreeing? Cause, despite it obviously being a good show for her standards, I've also read a lot of comments about how the show tends to get boring and I would never say "most people think it's boring". It's all about tastes and you can only speak for yourself, not for "most people attending". :shrug:

And sorry but saying "she looks great whatever she wears" is such a biased opinion. I don't lose sleep because of her clothes, but it's healthy to have a critic mind. When everything an artist says, does, wears and sings is "great", you lean on the fanatic deluded side. This is a general comment about your last appreciation, not about the tour or what she wears on it.

I obviously haven't asked everybody about it. But I know a lot of fans and have been to many shows of her, and everybody that I know agreed that she is better than ever with this new sound and band. So yes, you are right, I might speak for myself and the people I had around, but also I speak about the atmosphere that I breathed during the shows that I attended, something that you cannot do when you only watch youtube videos and then leave your not so biased input about how ugly her hair or her clothes are on denden and pretend that you have a healthy "critic mind".
felx

Postby felx » 30 May 2017, 17:12

xinkoa wrote:
Javi wrote:
xinkoa wrote:

I obviously haven't asked everybody about it. But I know a lot of fans and have been to many shows of her, and everybody that I know agreed that she is better than ever with this new sound and band. So yes, you are right, I might speak for myself and the people I had around, but also I speak about the atmosphere that I breathed during the shows that I attended, something that you cannot do when you only watch youtube videos and then leave your not so biased input about how ugly her hair or her clothes are on denden and pretend that you have a healthy "critic mind".

everyone can have their opinions.....and I will say again if she wears something ugly or something she already have wore 20 times before.....
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
Javi

Postby Javi » 30 May 2017, 17:24

xinkoa wrote:
Javi wrote:
xinkoa wrote:

Two words my dear: reading comprehension.

Oh, an another advice: learn what paragraphs are. Usually those of us that know how to use them, divide different subjects/ideas with them. So replying back to a 2nd paragraph subject (your biased opinion that everything Mel wears looks great) with arguments related to the 1st paragraph (how good or bad the tour is) doesn't make that much sense.

I only pointed that you can't speak for everyone, so your "most people" comment wasn't timely. And then called you biased because you said she looks great on everything (and that was no longer tour-related). I just kept a neutral position towards the show first and then commented on your biased opinion about her general style, but you've mixed both comments and decided to reply as if I was a hater that thinks the tour is shit and only comes hear to say her clothes are ugly. Which is totally not the case... But I didn't expect less form you, tbh.
alex01

Postby alex01 » 30 May 2017, 17:51

Javi wrote:
xinkoa wrote:
Javi wrote:
xinkoa wrote:

Two words my dear: reading comprehension.

Oh, an another advice: learn what paragraphs are. Usually those of us that know how to use them, divide different subjects/ideas with them. So replying back to a 2nd paragraph subject (your biased opinion that everything Mel wears looks great) with arguments related to the 1st paragraph (how good or bad the tour is) doesn't make that much sense.

I only pointed that you can't speak for everyone, so your "most people" comment wasn't timely. And then called you biased because you said she looks great on everything (and that was no longer tour-related). I just kept a neutral position towards the show first and then commented on your biased opinion about her general style, but you've mixed both comments and decided to reply as if I was a hater that thinks the tour is shit and only comes hear to say her clothes are ugly. Which is totally not the case... But I didn't expect less form you, tbh.

I'm not going to have an endless discussion with you. Keep on wasting your time with other users if you want.

Bye.
Javi

Postby Javi » 30 May 2017, 18:21

LOL. You are the one that started replying to me just because you couldn't accept I didn't like her tour outfit. Don't use the "I ain't got time for this shit" card on me when you're the one that brought the shit, the flies and the dogs smelling it on first place.

:wave:
Tonybu
Custom Title: mit Annette Humpe

Postby Tonybu » 31 May 2017, 13:46

Javi wrote:LOL. You are the one that started replying to me just because you couldn't accept I didn't like her tour outfit. Don't use the "I ain't got time for this shit" card on me when you're the one that brought the shit, the flies and the dogs smelling it on first place.

You are the MOST annoying member on this entire forum. Congrats!
Berlin...<3
gingerboy

Postby gingerboy » 31 May 2017, 15:02

Javi

Postby Javi » 31 May 2017, 17:54

Tonybu wrote:
Javi wrote:LOL. You are the one that started replying to me just because you couldn't accept I didn't like her tour outfit. Don't use the "I ain't got time for this shit" card on me when you're the one that brought the shit, the flies and the dogs smelling it on first place.

You are the MOST annoying member on this entire forum. Congrats!

ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 31 May 2017, 18:27

Thank you. Great show!!!

Return to “Melanie C”