Melanie C in Brazil (São Paulo & Rio de Janeiro) +VOM BR edition (OUT NOW) & TV appearances

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
YourMistake

Re: Melanie C in Brazil (São Paulo & Rio de Janeiro) +VOM BR edition (OUT NOW) & TV appearances

Postby YourMistake » 11 Jul 2017, 04:24

I think the only thing that really matters chart-wise is Itunes these days and don't you worry, Melanie was #1 in Brazil!
Do you believe in life after love?
King

Re: Melanie C in Brazil (São Paulo & Rio de Janeiro) +VOM BR edition (OUT NOW) & TV appearances

Postby King » 11 Jul 2017, 22:43

tiagohm wrote:Theres no album charts here

WTF is this then? http://www.billboard.com.br/rankings
alexgirardii
Custom Title: back in business

Postby alexgirardii » 11 Jul 2017, 23:11

King wrote:

Only a singles chart. I don't think Anymore charted.
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 11 Jul 2017, 23:56

King wrote:

Singles, probably airplay.
And the "Billboard 200" is the American one
Emma Station |
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 13 Jul 2017, 02:05

Finally, my VOM brazilian edition has been shipped. I even preordered it but for some reason it took weeks to put it on the mail.
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 13 Jul 2017, 03:07

WhatTheHell wrote:Finally, my VOM brazilian edition has been shipped. I even preordered it but for some reason it took weeks to put it on the mail.

they sold the first press at the events with fans... probably sold out...so delayed the distribution to the stores...
Emma Station |
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 14 Jul 2017, 02:27

Emma Station |
_Douglas_

Postby _Douglas_ » 16 Jul 2017, 18:53

A Brazilian deluxe album edition has been announced to be out in October, as expected.
Tour is expected to be in Autumn/November too, second Joe. No official confirmation yet...

YourMistake

Postby YourMistake » 16 Jul 2017, 19:02

^^ Hopefully she'll get rid of Yo and bring a full band. Also choose a more confortable venue than that one in Avenida Paulista. Deluxe album should incluse something really new.
Last edited by YourMistake on 16 Jul 2017, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Do you believe in life after love?
_Douglas_

Postby _Douglas_ » 16 Jul 2017, 19:07

Unfortunately, there is no big hope for something really new in the deluxe edition, there will be definitely some differences but I'm afraid it will resume to remixes and live tracks only. Melanie said herself that there is no more songs coming from these sections too. Yes, Yo is already past and gone...!
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 18 Jul 2017, 06:01

I'd love for the Deluxe album to contain the original mixes of the non-Sons of Sonix produced tracks (and a solo Hold On) so we can hear what the early vision for the album was. I doubt that will happen so my next wish would be for a DVD to be included of all her music videos from When You're Gone to Hold On - that's probably less realistic than my first suggestion.

What I'd like (and which is hopefully more likely) is that there be a mix of live tracks from one of the pop ups, the Radio Edit of Hold On, Anymore Radio Edits, Numb Remixes, and the missing Dear Life tracks that weren't physically released on the album. What we're probably going to get is the same Deluxe Album track listing with a Brasilian pop up instead of the tracks from Ronnie Scott's.
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 18 Jul 2017, 22:10

Agent_Spice wrote:I'd love for the Deluxe album to contain the original mixes of the non-Sons of Sonix produced tracks (and a solo Hold On) so we can hear what the early vision for the album was. I doubt that will happen so my next wish would be for a DVD to be included of all her music videos from When You're Gone to Hold On - that's probably less realistic than my first suggestion.

What I'd like (and which is hopefully more likely) is that there be a mix of live tracks from one of the pop ups, the Radio Edit of Hold On, Anymore Radio Edits, Numb Remixes, and the missing Dear Life tracks that weren't physically released on the album. What we're probably going to get is the same Deluxe Album track listing with a Brasilian pop up instead of the tracks from Ronnie Scott's.

In Sao Paulo, in the Q & A, 2 guys (yes, 2) asked why she didn't release any of Stages, The Sea DVD, The Sea CD in Brazil. Also they asked her if a Greatest Hits album could happen, and she said that she was taking notes and see what she could do. I'm not going to be positive in this matter, because, as you said, probably we will get the same tracks of the German / UK deluxe, but she really knows what people wants, so let's see what she delivers (Numb Remixes for example weren't avaliable in any physical format).

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
Agent_Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 18 Jul 2017, 23:32

FabianC wrote:
In Sao Paulo, in the Q & A, 2 guys (yes, 2) asked why she didn't release any of Stages, The Sea DVD, The Sea CD in Brazil. Also they asked her if a Greatest Hits album could happen, and she said that she was taking notes and see what she could do. I'm not going to be positive in this matter, because, as you said, probably we will get the same tracks of the German / UK deluxe, but she really knows what people wants, so let's see what she delivers (Numb Remixes for example weren't avaliable in any physical format).

Thanks so much for the information - I hadn't seen it posted previously. At least she acknowledged there's a possibility of an eventual Greatest Hits (hopefully with a DVD). I hope that this promotional venture has been positive and profitable for her so that she continues to release her efforts internationally. Here's hoping that some of those tracks that were only available digitally previously will be included so fans have the chance to have them physically. Plus international fans that already have the G/S/A deluxe tracks would be more likely to purchase the Brazilian Deluxe to get those missing tracks and she'd increase her sales.

WhatTheHell wrote:Finally, my VOM brazilian edition has been shipped. I even preordered it but for some reason it took weeks to put it on the mail.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase it from? I tried ordering from the two websites that did pre-orders but I was asked for something like a citizen ID number. I had the same trouble when I tried purchasing something from Mercado Livre and I was curious if there was a way around it for international buyers.
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 20 Jul 2017, 04:16

Agent_Spice wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase it from? I tried ordering from the two websites that did pre-orders but I was asked for something like a citizen ID number. I had the same trouble when I tried purchasing something from Mercado Livre and I was curious if there was a way around it for international buyers.

http://www.livrariacultura.com.br/p/mus ... e-46568881

About the ID, don't you have like a personal ID number that you use to identify yourself with the administration of you country ?
In Spain is the DNI, in France la carte d'identité... that's what they're asking for. Why do they ask for it? To send parcels to Brazil (and some other countries of the same region) you have to add the recipient ID number in case the parcel has to go through customs. Usually it does not, but they need it just in case. I gues they aplied it to the parcels that come out of the country.
Agent_Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 20 Jul 2017, 06:40

WhatTheHell wrote:http://www.livrariacultura.com.br/p/mus ... e-46568881

About the ID, don't you have like a personal ID number that you use to identify yourself with the administration of you country ?
In Spain is the DNI, in France la carte d'identité... that's what they're asking for. Why do they ask for it? To send parcels to Brazil (and some other countries of the same region) you have to add the recipient ID number in case the parcel has to go through customs. Usually it does not, but they need it just in case. I guess they aplied it to the parcels that come out of the country.

Thank you for answering. In the US, we have social security numbers but for me personally, it seems like an unnecessary risk considering how prevalent identity theft is. I've previously only had to use e-mail addresses and/or phone numbers for customs processing.

My friend has an account with an identity protection service so last year he allowed me to use his information (including his social security number) and credit card to try and register on Mercado Livre Brazil. I tried to register an account, but they wouldn't accept his social security number as the ID number. Another friend of mine allowed me to use her Brazilian ID number and I was finally able to register. I added my friend's card but the order couldn't be processed. I called the credit card company and there wasn't even a charge to be declined and I had notified them in advance that there would be a charge coming from Brazil and how much it was.

My friend later showed me that even though I had removed his US social security number (and it wasn't even added to an active order) and replaced it with my friend's Brazilian ID, there were two separate attempts months later for his social security number to be used for a loan and to open a credit card in Brazil. Thankfully my Brazilian friend hasn't had any issues with her number - her family is there and keeps an eye on things for her. I don't know whether it was specifically a Mercado Livre issue or whether it would have happened at another site, but I'm hesitant to use my own personal information especially when my friend's wasn't accepted and yet somehow somebody got a hold of it and attempted to use it.

I was just curious if there was a way to order without using a personal ID number so thank you for letting me know.
tiaguitop
Custom Title: Just 4U Entertainmen

Postby tiaguitop » 20 Jul 2017, 23:35

Agent_Spice wrote:

I found it on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CD-MELANIE-C-VE ... 3091188382

Very expensive compared to the price here in Brazil. :shrug:
Last edited by tiaguitop on 20 Jul 2017, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » Yesterday, 03:22

Agent_Spice wrote:
WhatTheHell wrote:http://www.livrariacultura.com.br/p/mus ... e-46568881

In Spain is the DNI, in France la carte d'identité... that's what they're asking for. Why do they ask for it? To send parcels to Brazil (and some other countries of the same region) you have to add the recipient ID number in case the parcel has to go through customs. Usually it does not, but they need it just in case. I guess they aplied it to the parcels that come out of the country.

Thank you for answering. In the US, we have social security numbers but for me personally, it seems like an unnecessary risk considering how prevalent identity theft is. I've previously only had to use e-mail addresses and/or phone numbers for customs processing.

My friend has an account with an identity protection service so last year he allowed me to use his information (including his social security number) and credit card to try and register on Mercado Livre Brazil. I tried to register an account, but they wouldn't accept his social security number as the ID number. Another friend of mine allowed me to use her Brazilian ID number and I was finally able to register. I added my friend's card but the order couldn't be processed. I called the credit card company and there wasn't even a charge to be declined and I had notified them in advance that there would be a charge coming from Brazil and how much it was.

My friend later showed me that even though I had removed his US social security number (and it wasn't even added to an active order) and replaced it with my friend's Brazilian ID, there were two separate attempts months later for his social security number to be used for a loan and to open a credit card in Brazil. Thankfully my Brazilian friend hasn't had any issues with her number - her family is there and keeps an eye on things for her. I don't know whether it was specifically a Mercado Livre issue or whether it would have happened at another site, but I'm hesitant to use my own personal information especially when my friend's wasn't accepted and yet somehow somebody got a hold of it and attempted to use it.

I was just curious if there was a way to order without using a personal ID number so thank you for letting me know.

I understand, but in Spain that number, by itself without showing the real ID card, is almost nothing. Definitely not available to ask money anywere hahahaha
Anyway, I think you won't have any trouble if you simply fill the space with random numbers.
_Douglas_

Postby _Douglas_ » Yesterday, 13:21

Anymore has been announced as the most requested video at a major Brazilian video clip TV show for the week. It is also on their website here.

If you want to help us to keep it on, please twitt: #QueroNoTVZ #Anymore da #MelanieC @DivulgaTVZ
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » Yesterday, 13:42

Agent_Spice wrote:

Well, the Brazilian fan-site said they would be organizing a Shipping Service. Maybe they still plan to. :shrug:
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » Today, 02:55

_Douglas_ wrote:Anymore has been announced as the most requested video at a major Brazilian video clip TV show for the week. It is also on their website here.

If you want to help us to keep it on, please twitt: #QueroNoTVZ #Anymore da #MelanieC @DivulgaTVZ

Brazil is a big country so I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up selling more copies than in the UK. Not the most difficult task ever but it would be quite an achivement.

Return to “Melanie C”