Postby alexgirardii » 11 Jul 2017, 20:14

I don't get it.
"you" means "bad fashion choices"?
felx

Re: Some of us miss seeing you...

Postby felx » 11 Jul 2017, 20:21

alexgirardii wrote:I don't get it.

obviously.... she was miles more stylish than in this era......

are you not seeing the differences??? :laugh:

the fact that back in The Sea, Stages era she was more stylish when leaving the recordings, or going out then in this era doing TV shows and performing....is tragic... :laugh:
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
alexgirardii
Custom Title: back in business

Postby alexgirardii » 11 Jul 2017, 20:40

felx wrote:

I really like the casual syle of this era. The grandma dresses. I just hate those shoes she uses everytime.
But in general, I think she looks more fashionable and modern now. But I understand who dont think the same.
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 11 Jul 2017, 20:42

felx wrote:

I'm not saying bad fashion choices but during Version Of Me era I've seen her wearing...

This...

This...

Oh and this...

Did I mention she wore this?

:shrug:
felx

Postby felx » 11 Jul 2017, 20:55

and that other black dress...with same material.....:D
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
RobKelly666

Postby RobKelly666 » 11 Jul 2017, 21:20

She wore the same outfit on tour as she did in The Sea era with red leather jeans and black open toe heels. I think she looks great and sounds amazing. Love the black dress and the shoes.
felx

Postby felx » 11 Jul 2017, 21:32

RobKelly666 wrote:She wore the same outfit on tour as she did in The Sea era with red leather jeans and black open toe heels. I think she looks great and sounds amazing. Love the black dress and the shoes.

she actually changed the tops and the pants as well.....

and what about the other appearances.....she wears the same 5 outfits since the beginning of the era.....

the black horrible dress with the sleeves she wore at least 7 times....(morning show, victorias dinner, german tv show, brazil tv show, charity red carpet, her birthday....)

the blue jumpsuit with dots at least 5 times

and lately the horrible wide leg jeans with random simple tops, that can be even a male t-shirts

the floral granny dress a few times...and the leopard print skirt with the same black bodysuit top

and that's all + a really few other dresses and jumpsuits
Emmel C fan
Custom Title: fan of SG since 1996

Postby Emmel C fan » 11 Jul 2017, 22:06

I love her style for me Mel B has the worst style both then and now it's only once in awhile Mel B dress nice #justsaying
felx

Postby felx » 11 Jul 2017, 22:11

Emmel C fan wrote:I love her style for me Mel B has the worst style both then and now it's only once in awhile Mel B dress nice #justsaying

agree

but Melanie C could look so much better..... look at her in previous era...and now.....it is like she doesn't give a shit about how she is locking since she released the album

and then again, when they are telling her what to wear (photoshoots for the magazines) she looks incredible.....

I guess she stopped working with Anna foster stylist in this era.....
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 12 Jul 2017, 07:44

felx wrote:
RobKelly666 wrote:She wore the same outfit on tour as she did in The Sea era with red leather jeans and black open toe heels. I think she looks great and sounds amazing. Love the black dress and the shoes.

and what about the other appearances.....she wears the same 5 outfits since the beginning of the era.....

the black horrible dress with the sleeves she wore at least 7 times....(morning show, victorias dinner, german tv show, brazil tv show, charity red carpet, her birthday....)

and lately the horrible wide leg jeans with random simple tops, that can be even a male t-shirts

the floral granny dress a few times...and the leopard print skirt with the same black bodysuit top

I hope she wears the same outfit for the rest of the year, just to piss you off.

Seriously, get a life.
RobKelly666

Postby RobKelly666 » 12 Jul 2017, 08:03

felx wrote:

Yeah whatever. She's wore different things at festivals and other appearances - justthe same outfit on the tour which she had done in The Sea era. But if this is what you want to focus on then knock yourself out haha :wave:
mg

Postby mg » 12 Jul 2017, 08:10

RobKelly666 wrote:
felx wrote:

Yeah whatever. She's wore different things at festivals and other appearances - justthe same outfit on the tour which she had done in The Sea era. But if this is what you want to focus on then knock yourself out haha :wave:

Indeed....
felx

Postby felx » 12 Jul 2017, 10:41

......some of you would say she looks incredible even if she would wear garbage bag.....that says everything...... :laugh:

mg

Postby mg » 12 Jul 2017, 11:50

Is this the kind of argument you use when somebody has a different opinion?
Irony?
THIS says MORE than everything.
felx

Postby felx » 12 Jul 2017, 12:02

mg wrote:Is this the kind of argument you use when somebody has a different opinion?
Irony?

I was attacked first..... and I had my opinion and some of you don't accept it.... :shrug:
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 12 Jul 2017, 13:09

I don't have a problem with her repeating outfits, as long as they're good. But when she (or whoever works for her) picks a hideous outfit and she repeats it over and over, you go from "that doesn't look good" to "I freaking hate that".

She wore this a million times:
but it was stunning and she looked fierce so nobody cared. Now she's wearing this weird anti-tour dresses with those terrible ugly platform shoes, so it's only normal fans end up hating it.

For someone like Adele it might work because she has a wider audience so she's reaching new people every time she performs or visits a new city, etc, but Melanie knows her market has been the same bunch of fans for the past decade and we're always "following" her, seeing YouTube videos, and so on. So she should already know that the most of the audience interested in her performances, interviews, photoshoots and tours will be that same fanbase, so she could try to bring something new to the table from time to time if she doesn't want to bore her market.

At the end of the day, she's not a model and she's not running a fashion empire, so she can wear whatever she wants to. That's obvious and nobody is forcing her to change, it's only clothes. But the fact that this is the 5th or 6th time we're discussing her fashion choices says a lot a bout how boring this era is. In 2011 and 2012 we had no time to discuss her outfits because everything else was great and we were entertained enough. And by boring I don't mean bad, btw.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 12 Jul 2017, 13:26

this while thread though :rolleyes:

So Melanie doesnt wear nice clothes that you like. Maybe focus on her artistry and lack of artistic development over the years as that is what an artist is about, rather than her clothes? She is not Victoria Beckham and has always been quite relaxed about her style. You should get over it.
felx

Postby felx » 12 Jul 2017, 13:36

Mr.X wrote:this while thread though :rolleyes:

So Melanie doesnt wear nice clothes that you like. Maybe focus on her artistry and lack of artistic development over the years as that is what an artist is about, rather than her clothes? She is not Victoria Beckham and has always been quite relaxed about her style. You should get over it.

oh please.....

it is not like she was never into clothes..... she looked amazing in 2012-2015
nobody wants her to be VB ...and by the way if you are in the public eye, pop artist....yes it is part of her "job" as well as the video and photoshoots.... maybe she doesn't like them cause she only loves performing, but it is part of being a "popstar"

there is nothing evil in this thread at all....just some fans opinion........if you are in a public eye, you will be judged.....
mg

Postby mg » 12 Jul 2017, 14:15

felx wrote:
mg wrote:Is this the kind of argument you use when somebody has a different opinion?
Irony?

I was attacked first..... and I had my opinion and some of you don't accept it.... :shrug:

The problem is not your opinion but the way you express it.
Its like you know everything and others would accept it because if not then they are deluded.
Also the fact that this opinion comes over and over again.
A whole topic just because you dont approve her look is too much....
felx

Postby felx » 12 Jul 2017, 14:19

mg wrote:
felx wrote:
Irony?

The problem is not your opinion but the way you express it.
Its like you know everything and others would accept it because if not then they are deluded.
Also the fact that this opinion comes over and over again.
A whole topic just because you dont approve her look is too much....

sorry this is not my topic....
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 12 Jul 2017, 14:47

Wow! The issue escalated way too much. I only posted this topic out of my love of seeing Melanie with great outfits and my way of expressing how I miss those days. Is there something wrong with that? I don't think so. I even used the word "some" of us out of respect to those who don't feel the same way. I did not even say that I hate her looks now. Is there really a need to get mad if "some" of us miss seeing Melanie wearing those outfits? Again I don't think so. It's not as if we're just negatively criticizing Melanie because "some" of us thinks she "might" look better with fabulous clothes. At the end of each day it is Melanie's choice what to wear and at the end of each day we're still here, supporting her, buying her music, promoting her the best way we can.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 12 Jul 2017, 14:51

^That's the way this forum works. You can't say anything negative without a dozen users jumping on your throat to shut you up. Only praises are well received.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
_Douglas_

Postby _Douglas_ » 12 Jul 2017, 15:33

felx wrote:......some of you would say she looks incredible even if she would wear garbage bag.....that says everything...... :laugh:

WOOOOOT? :satan:
felx

Postby felx » 12 Jul 2017, 15:36

_Douglas_ wrote:
felx wrote:......some of you would say she looks incredible even if she would wear garbage bag.....that says everything...... :laugh:

WOOOOOT? :satan:

:laugh:

loved the edgyer Melanie too :D

Return to “Melanie C”