Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
Blond Pharaoh

Re: Some of us miss seeing you...

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 12 Jul 2017, 16:39

Her Version of me look is amazing some people really need to chill
mg

Postby mg » 12 Jul 2017, 20:30

Javi wrote:^That's the way this forum works. You can't say anything negative without a dozen users jumping on your throat to shut you up. Only praises are well received.

This works to the opposite way too.
If you dont agree with a negative comment then you are a fanatic.
alexgirardii
Custom Title: back in business

Postby alexgirardii » 12 Jul 2017, 21:40

It's all about taste, there's no ugly or beautiful clothes. I really think that regular sexy girl she was The Sea era really really bad, but some fans think the same about the casual VOM. So, let's agree on disagree?
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 12 Jul 2017, 22:02

The outfits have matched the era, drab and bargain basement. VOM to me has just been a cheap era, minimal amount of songs (even with deluxe edition), cheap videos, cheap outfits, even the cd single covers were budget.

The whole era was such a budget release.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 12 Jul 2017, 22:22

sammy01 wrote:even the cd single covers were budget.

That's a creative decision, not a low budget.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 12 Jul 2017, 23:04

Javi wrote:

No they were cheap, didn't have to pay for a photoshoot, clothes, make up etc.
King

Postby King » 12 Jul 2017, 23:27

sammy01 wrote:The outfits have matched the era, drab and bargain basement. VOM to me has just been a cheap era, minimal amount of songs (even with deluxe edition), cheap videos, cheap outfits, even the cd single covers were budget.

The whole era was such a budget release.

Unfortunately, i agree. This era provided nothing worth of excitement. Image wise, music wise, video wise, tour wise, everything was cheap and bland.
Javi

Postby Javi » 13 Jul 2017, 09:28

sammy01 wrote:
Javi wrote:

She did an album photoshoot and they also took pictures while filming the videos. They didn't use pictures because they didn't want to not because they didn't have them. Creative decision.
JubileeRoad
Custom Title: SUPERfan

Postby JubileeRoad » 13 Jul 2017, 15:02

I don't understand the big issue with this topic. A major part of being an artist is your image. So fans discussing your look comes along with that. I concur with the opinion that her style choices have always been questionable. This dates back to the Spice Girls though, even when she dressed up for award shows and major events she looked off. Example the brown dress she wore to the Brits.

Enough with the bickering, if you don't like a topic why do you reply or read it?
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 13 Jul 2017, 21:45

Javi wrote:
sammy01 wrote:
Javi wrote:

She did an album photoshoot and they also took pictures while filming the videos. They didn't use pictures because they didn't want to not because they didn't have them. Creative decision.

Anymore (and Numb) and their shit covers were done well before the album release and I'm betting photoshoot. So they just kept with the theme for Dear Life.

The whole era was a rushed, cheap mess. She said Numb wouldn't be on the album and it was 'Sons of sonix ft Melanie C' and then when she rushed the album out to take advantage of the reunion or lack of it press she shoved it on as I'm sure she didn't have enough material. The Deluxes show there was no finished tracks lying around.
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 13 Jul 2017, 21:55

sammy01 wrote:She said Numb wouldn't be on the album

No, she didn't.

Bitter & grumpy as ever, I see. Good Bad old Sammie.

Still not getting laid, huh?
Javi

Postby Javi » 13 Jul 2017, 23:57

Red Boy wrote:

No, she didn't.

Actually, she kind of did. I don't remember her exact words but when she released it, she "sold" it as a testing-the-waters one-off song that stuck out the recording sessions and they wanted to release. She didn't exactly say it wouldn't be on the album, but the overall feeling with that release was that it was a one-off thing their new producers wanted to put out (and that's why it was SOS feat MC).

I rarely agree with Sammy, but I do believe the album wasn't meant to be released last year, but when she decided not to reunite she rushed the whole thing. In Spring last year or so she still was saying the album wouldn't be released in 2016 but we would hear something that year (Numb) and all of a sudden the album was ready to go. My theory is that the album was meant to be released in Spring this year, like the GSA release, but she released it early in the UK to take advantage of her "I'm not reuniting" momentum.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 14 Jul 2017, 00:21

Javi wrote:
Red Boy wrote:

No, she didn't.

Actually, she kind of did. I don't remember her exact words but when she released it, she "sold" it as a testing-the-waters one-off song that stuck out the recording sessions and they wanted to release. She didn't exactly say it wouldn't be on the album, but the overall feeling with that release was that it was a one-off thing their new producers wanted to put out (and that's why it was SOS feat MC).

I rarely agree with Sammy, but I do believe the album wasn't meant to be released last year, but when she decided not to reunite she rushed the whole thing. In Spring last year or so she still was saying the album wouldn't be released in 2016 but we would hear something that year (Numb) and all of a sudden the album was ready to go. My theory is that the album was meant to be released in Spring this year, like the GSA release, but she released it early in the UK to take advantage of her "I'm not reuniting" momentum.

This is from her own official youtube channel -

"Sons of Sonix ft. Melanie C release their stunning new track ‘Numb’, available to download now. Having met through their shared publisher, Melanie and the Sons Of Sonix hooked up in LA to write the song, after having worked on other material for Melanie's forthcoming seventh studio album in London. They put the finishing touches to the beat laden, textured club sound of new single ‘Numb’ in May 2016."

The wording suggests that it was a separate thing to the recordings for her album, they could have put 'The song was written in LA and is one of several tracks they worked on for Melanie's upcoming seventh studio album.

I just read through the release thread and at no point is it stated it is from her 7th album. At the time most thought it was a one off as she had insinuated that.
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 14 Jul 2017, 02:03

Version of me photoshoot is far from cheap and so is Anymore video but the others two videos are kinda cheap but her tour outfit is great and maybe just now and then she doesn't dress good for some people :rolleyes: anyway she just needs a good video for the next single something like the next best superstar video would be great .
Last edited by Blond Pharaoh on 14 Jul 2017, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.
spice_dynamite
Custom Title: [ remixed ]

Postby spice_dynamite » 14 Jul 2017, 02:50

She looks really good since 2015.

But i didnt like 2 moments...

NEW YEAR MALDIVES :nono:

BRAZIL HAIR :nono:
~niki~

Postby ~niki~ » 14 Jul 2017, 06:27

Blond Pharaoh wrote:Version of me photoshoot is far from cheap and so is Anymore video but the others two videos are kinda cheap but her tour outfit is great and maybe just now and then she doesn't dress good for some people :rolleyes: anyway she just needs a good video for the next single something like the next best superstar video would be great .

I have such a great idea for Version of Me and I want to pitch it to her so bad (and film it and edit it) :p I tried making a story board for it, but I can't illustrate people, so I gave up. How cool would that be if she let some fans plan and produce a video. Dream job!

Return to “Melanie C”