Social Media Sightings

Talk about Becks here
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Suki

Re: Social Media Sightings

Postby Suki » 31 Jan 2015, 22:01

blablabla wrote:
Suki wrote:Those complaints about his/their lifestyle is going on my nerves. Tana must be very understanding as well as Gordon is away a lot too and Sahra Jones as Jermaine Jones as well. It is like it is in this business.

I suppose its business related, HM and getting money for the franchise. I dont remember anyone complaining when victoria travels and between the spice girls era and her carree as designer , it was a lot, from doing music with that Damon dash to party with Cavalli. ( i dont criticise it, it was work, celebrity work has a lot of be seen and doing contacts). Its their life, works for them, i dont understand why everybody has to criticise constantly, especially in a fans forum :shrug:

Exactly. This is how I see it. Even so the super bowl visit may be private has he had said there will be no H&M spot, but who knows maybe he is meeting people there. Since they are back in London she is not traveling as much as him but she has in the past. So it is normal for them.

It is ok so to say I can't live a marriage like this but it seems to work for them and as I said before it is kinda normal in their "world" and a lot of other people have jobs where they spent time away like actors or popstars or other sportsmen. And the very famous have earned enough money for the rest of their life but no one says they shoul stop doing it because they don't have to anymore. And it is just that as a sportsman you can't do it forever. So what is he supposed to do? He is so famous that he can't do the everage job. And all the typical pre-football carriers other players have are carriers which include beeing away from their families.
Sah

Postby Sah » 31 Jan 2015, 22:05

^ H&M has noting to do with this, they are not airing the ad this year. This is just for fun, he doesnt need to be there, i doubt its business related. And as someone who was around during the time you mention about VB, i can assure you she never traveled this much. Cavalli vacation was 3 days, and those Damon, Fashion .etc were never longer than a week. I ALSO remember people around giving her far much shit over the little she did travel, than David ever receives, so yeah.

Suki wrote:Those complaints about his/their lifestyle is going on my nerves. Tana must be very understanding as well as Gordon is away a lot too and Sahra Jones as Jermaine Jones as well. It is like it is in this business.

So what do you mean, we cant post our opinions because it gets on your nerves? And besides i was pointing out how much he gets to have fun, i wasn't complaining, it wasn't even a major shade throw, it was very weak. :p But here is the thing, when you go on chat shows, and use your FAMILY MAN image to sell alcohol, and then you are attending Superbowl instead of being with your kids, you do set yourself up for fans like me who will call you on your BS!

I do agree with you on the last part, it is tough for him to focus on one thing. Tons of rumors about Miami, i hope they are true. There is one project he should devote himself to.
gugette

Postby gugette » 31 Jan 2015, 22:10

He can be a family man and go to the super bowl :p . He's also friends with Brady and this might be his last real shot to get another trophy and almost everyone in the American sports world converges there so it's a good spot to network.
Last edited by gugette on 31 Jan 2015, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
Sah

Postby Sah » 31 Jan 2015, 22:11

^ Haha i would love a shot with Tom. :grin: I hope Tom gets it, i defo think its his last chance. PS: He said on Kimmel that the last Superbowl was amazing, although not a very good game, lol! Does he even follow the sport regularly?!
Last edited by Sah on 31 Jan 2015, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
gugette

Postby gugette » 31 Jan 2015, 22:13

^ Sah what are the Miami rumors?
Sah

Postby Sah » 31 Jan 2015, 22:14

^ Apparently they scored a private land, a good location, and will make an announcement very soon. I am impressed if this is true. Maybe that Qatari money is real, and its working now.
gugette

Postby gugette » 31 Jan 2015, 22:21

Sah wrote:^ Apparently they scored a private land, a good location, and will make an announcement very soon. I am impressed if this is true. Maybe that Qatari money is real, and its working now.

Interesting, I hope it works out for them.
Suki

Postby Suki » 31 Jan 2015, 22:22

Sah wrote:^ H&M has noting to do with this, they are not airing the ad this year. This is just for fun, he doesnt need to be there, i doubt its business related. And as someone who was around during the time you mention about VB, i can assure you she never traveled this much. Cavalli vacation was 3 days, and those Damon, Fashion .etc were never longer than a week. I ALSO remember people around giving her far much shit over the little she did travel, than David ever receives, so yeah.

So what do you mean, we cant post our opinions because it gets on your nerves? And besides i was pointing out how much he gets to have fun, i wasn't complaining, it wasn't even a major shade throw, it was very weak. :p But here is the thing, when you go on chat shows, and use your FAMILY MAN image to sell alcohol, and then you are attending Superbowl instead of being with your kids, you do set yourself up for fans like me who will call you on your BS!

I do agree with you on the last part, it is tough for him to focus on one thing. Tons of rumors about Miami, i hope they are true. There is one project he should devote himself to.

What do you mean with people around? Do you mean her fans here in the forum? It always feels like their is a battle between her and his fans. Like who is the better person or more succesfull and so on.

Oh I know beforehand that the it-is-my-opinion argument would come. So I have just expressed my feelings with the it goes on my nerves. :p

"you do set yourself up for fans like me who will call you on your BS!" Really? This sounds like he is doing very bad and horrible things.

And like Gugette said he can be a family man and do those things. I don't see the problem. They seem to be such a loving family which have great realationships with there children although they travel/have traveld (Victoria) a lot. And I'm aware that we don't know how it is behind the sence. And has I have said sometimes ago parents could be at home al the time and don't care about their children and don't have a good realationship with them. Only because you travel a lot does not automaticlly mean that you are not a family man.
Sah

Postby Sah » 31 Jan 2015, 22:29

^ Yeah i remember several members (mostly his fans) calling her a bad mother because she would go to Paris for 3 days to attend Couture shows, man those were the days haha. And it is true, they make it work, how long can it last though? I am very skeptical about that to be honest. Mostly because he was promising left and right, how much he will scale back, and be there for his family, and its not happening. Also look at VB, she has such defined structure that lets her balance her work/family life perfectly (she always did). She utilizes it so much better than him, he needs to take note from her! But i digress, feels like we had this discussion many times before. I guess to be honest, i am very very turned off by the retired David, and as a long time fan, who followed him during his long career, i am seeing him in a new light i dont like! Its the honest truth. I hope he finds something he is as passionate about as he was with football, it wont be easy, but it can be done. All of these deals, all over the place, and scripted praising, is just BS, i dont like! And yeah you can travel a lot, and be a good father/husband, but his level of traveling? And when its not necessary like this? I dont agree, i would prefer to be with my kids, and family. But hey that is just me. Ps: Sorry for getting on your nerves, i guess deep down it could also be jealousy of being able to go to these amazing global sporting events, bastard!!! :D

gugette wrote:Interesting, I hope it works out for them.

Some of it is starting to leak, here is a Tweet from a writer in Florida. Interesting, this gives me hope!

I am hearing rumblings of a possible imminent deal involving Beckham and private land. Will know more in the next week or so. #MiamiMLS

https://twitter.com/kkfla737/status/560913774303920128
Suki

Postby Suki » 31 Jan 2015, 22:53

Sah wrote:^ Yeah i remember several members (mostly his fans) calling her a bad mother because she would go to Paris for 3 days to attend Couture shows, man those were the days.

I don't was one of them :laugh:

[/quote] I guess to be honest, i am very very turned off by the retired David, and as a long time fan, who followed him during his long career, i am seeing him in a new light i dont like! Its the honest truth. I hope he finds something he is as passionate about as he was with football, it wont be easy, but it can be done. All of these deals, all over the place, and scripted praising, is just BS, i dont like! And yeah you can travel a lot, and be a good father/husband, but his level of traveling? And when its not necessary like this? I dont agree, i would prefer to be with my kids, and family. But hey that is just me.[/quote]

I don't like everything he does and I also think he endorses to much e. g. I disliked the hole China football thing and wished he would do something related to English football. But for me there is no point in complaining again and again (yes we had this discusion many times) because most things he could do after his active playing career are things which will keep him away like Miami. I wish as well he would do different things sometimes but it is none of my business and because it is none of my business and he is not my husband (what a pitty :p ) I decided not to be bothered with negativity. Which should mean as well that I should not care about what other people thing about him which as you could see does not work :hmm: I always think why can't I just read over it? Why do I need to comment on it?...
Sah

Postby Sah » 31 Jan 2015, 23:04

^ Oh no, you were for sure not one of them, i still remember them, and most don't post anymore, unless its to announce they are not fans anymore, but wanted to comment about his new ad.etc..... :satan: I think its good that we have discussions on here, so don't ever read over it, and if you feel like what i wrote was rude or not cool, then you have the right to point it out. Even when we have different view on the matter, i appreciate hearing your, and gugette's, or whoever it is that disagrees, arguments, and often i even end up agreeing in certain points.

I also feel like he could use some of his time to do real charity work trips. He always said once he has more time, and is retired, he will do this. But yeah its easy for me to sit behind a computer, and tell him what to do with his life, and its true, at the end of the day none of it is any of our business.
Suki

Postby Suki » 31 Jan 2015, 23:14

I'm glad that we are not angry with each other. I thought the same, at least his forum got a little bit of life :laugh:

Yeah and he could do more charity work.

But it is just mmh I don't know how to say it I just want to "enjoy" him and as long as he don't does really bad things for me there is no point to think negative about him even so I don't like everything he does (I so hated the China thing). And btw. I "enjoyed" him more when he was still playing.
Sah

Postby Sah » 01 Feb 2015, 00:15

^ Aw man, i miss him crazy on the pitch, the football is not the same without him!
Tony

Postby Tony » 01 Feb 2015, 15:39

Pics on Instagram of David at a birthday party in LA for Harry Styles. How sad.
Heather
Custom Title: Mrs B 10.22.2005

Postby Heather » 01 Feb 2015, 18:01

Sometimes I feel like he's that creepy old dude at a party trying to be friends with all the 20 year olds.
Tony

Postby Tony » 01 Feb 2015, 18:21

Exactly!
raqueldbab

Postby raqueldbab » 02 Feb 2015, 01:24

You nailed it Heather. So bizarre, I don't mind the traveling to watch the game but these parties make him look so sleezy. Then again he's with Dave.....
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 02 Feb 2015, 08:11

Well Chris Martin, James Corden etc were there too
grace4

Postby grace4 » 02 Feb 2015, 09:20

Post football David Beckham is a just a socialite unfortunately so of course he's at a party for a 21 year old in the U.S. This is the same crowd that comes to his underwear launch parties so it's no surprise at all. And he wonders why his 15 year old finds him embarrassing.

I'd certainly be embarrased if my dad looked like this after a night partying with socialites half his age http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... toria.html
gugette

Postby gugette » 02 Feb 2015, 15:39

They didn't show him on screen, I wonder who he was sitting with, GO PATS!!
Sah

Postby Sah » 02 Feb 2015, 16:22

^ No photos of him at the stadium watching the game either, weird. Or maybe they will surface later, i watched the game, and thought it was so much better than last Superbowl. Congrats to you on your teams win, must be amazing atmosphere in the city.
raqueldbab

Postby raqueldbab » 02 Feb 2015, 16:38

How can anyone enjoy a game that condemns its players to dementia is beyond me. I just hope Brady is one of the lucky ones and doesn`t have too much tau protein in his brain, for Gisele`s and their kids sake.
gugette

Postby gugette » 02 Feb 2015, 17:10

Sah wrote:^ No photos of him at the stadium watching the game either, weird. Or maybe they will surface later, i watched the game, and thought it was so much better than last Superbowl. Congrats to you on your teams win, must be amazing atmosphere in the city.

I have no idea how I'm in the office functioning today after 4 hours sleep, coffee is a strong drug :p
It was past time that one went our way after the last 2 heartbreaks.
Heather

Postby Heather » 02 Feb 2015, 17:24

Second hand embarrassment. When I was 20 we'd always act like we thought the old guy was cool but we were actually slipping more and more alcohol into his cup and laughing at the fact he couldn't handle his booze.
Heather

Postby Heather » 02 Feb 2015, 17:27

Sah wrote:^ No photos of him at the stadium watching the game either, weird. Or maybe they will surface later, i watched the game, and thought it was so much better than last Superbowl. Congrats to you on your teams win, must be amazing atmosphere in the city.

There's one on IG. It is a selfie with him in the back.

Return to “David Beckham”