VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUPER R

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
SpiceWonderland

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby SpiceWonderland » 27 May 2016, 21:32

A lot of websites talking about the album are really supportive. It's refreshing, but odd.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 28 May 2016, 07:26

SpiceWonderland wrote:
Stas wrote:This album could have really worked for US, it's very US oriented.

I highly doubt it. Forever didn't really do much in the States, but then again, nobody promoted it.

What you said! Promotion really does the magic for most artists.
Peter

Postby Peter » 28 May 2016, 09:48

Stas wrote:
SpiceWonderland wrote:

I highly doubt it. Forever didn't really do much in the States, but then again, nobody promoted it.

I think you forgot about various interviews/parties Girls attended during the Forever release?
Emma and Victoria were in US and both Mels were promoting album in Europe.
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 28 May 2016, 10:55

The Spice Girls wrote:
Stas wrote:
SpiceWonderland wrote:

I think you forgot about various interviews/parties Girls attended during the Forever release?
Emma and Victoria were in US and both Mels were promoting album in Europe.

Their overall Forever promo was shocking. Attending a few parties and interviews isnt really enough, specially when only half or one 4th of the group is present. It looks lame and like they couldn't be fucked, which we all know it is the case.

The only country that got some sort of proper promo was the UK with big interviews and some TV performances but even those were underwealming....
GZ10

Postby GZ10 » 28 May 2016, 11:12

Stas wrote:
SpiceWonderland wrote:

They are totally right though. If followed through with, and mastered, this sound would've got on so well with the American GP and radio at the time.. Her celebrity was not only increasing in England at the time but in the US with Damon as he helped launch her fashion career too. I think if she had gone This Groove, I'll Take You There, Freedom, then finish the era with Me & You This Time that She could've had a hit album on her hands.
Sideout

Postby Sideout » 28 May 2016, 14:27

Victoria would have had to work her ass off to make it in the U.S. After 1999 all the girls fell off America's radar. Victoria & David were not huge celebrities in the U.S. during the early & mid 00's.
"Don't you break my heart. It's so plain to see that you should PM me.
Don't you break my heart. If these leaks should end I will never post again"
JoeHere

Postby JoeHere » 28 May 2016, 14:31

What I find quite sad is in songs like Freedom she sings things like "Freedom lives in music yeah" etc, she sounds totally into it. Now she seems completely ashamed of her singing career and seems to hate any sort of discussion about it.

Would love to hear her address the leak and what she thought of it. Or even the whole 2003 era in general, we never really heard the full story of what went on back then from her.
"More than just survival, this is my Revival"
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 28 May 2016, 15:15

Promoted or not, they would've had to have worked REALLY hard to pitch that record in America. No one knew any of the girls by name until decades later, thanks to Victoria's fashion career and Mel B being on every talent show. Even if the songs were finished (which already would've been a huge improvement) and the record released, they would've had to finance a pretty incredible campaign. Wouldn't have worked. I still wish they tried, but I don't believe it would've worked.
GZ10

Postby GZ10 » 28 May 2016, 15:54

Sideout wrote:Victoria would have had to work her ass off to make it in the U.S. After 1999 all the girls fell off America's radar. Victoria & David were not huge celebrities in the U.S. during the early & mid 00's.

Not true. "Posh & Becks" started making notable appearances around the US (2003 MTV Movie Awards) and gained names for themselves starting in 2003. I think if anything, Rocafella would've just needed to partner with a bigger label to release her album in all honesty. If she had put the album out in 2004 and had the right deal there is no doubt it would've done well. She had enough celebrity by then to take it to a new level.

SpiceWonderland wrote:Promoted or not, they would've had to have worked REALLY hard to pitch that record in America. No one knew any of the girls by name until decades later, thanks to Victoria's fashion career and Mel B being on every talent show. Even if the songs were finished (which already would've been a huge improvement) and the record released, they would've had to finance a pretty incredible campaign. Wouldn't have worked. I still wish they tried, but I don't believe it would've worked.

All she needed was a major label to distribute and master the tracks/album for her in the US to the public through radio and TV. She already had Rocafella Records backing her, but they're only a sub-division label. If one of the major three had backed the release (Which believe it or not could've happened honestly with her career already in foot), it just would've taken a smart PR team and she could've launched a very successful record here.
Sideout

Postby Sideout » 28 May 2016, 21:32

The mainstream media didn't care about David & Victoria until David started playing soccer for the U.S. Victoria had been out of the U.S. music scene since Forever was released. Victoria would have had to do some major PR work in the U.S. in 04 to raise her profile. A 4 year absence in the music world is a very long time.

By your logic GZ10 Forever should have been a multi-platnium selling album in the U.S., but it wasn't. It only sold 200,000 copies. Being signed to a major label doesn't mean you are going to be successful.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 28 May 2016, 22:15

In the USA, Victoria & David (as a couple) were barely known until 2007 when they moved there. But Victoria (Posh Spice) was indeed known. Over there, it wasn't "David Beckham and his wife", it was "Posh Spice and her husband".

Back in 2003/2004, we don't know if she would've been "instantly" successful or not, cause you never know. Maybe she would, maybe she wouldn't. But fame-wise, she was only recognized as part of the Spice Girls, so the name "Victoria Beckham" definitely didn't ring a bell for most people.

I don't think she would've need "major" PR work to raise her profile, though. When they moved to the USA in 2007 their profiles rose fairly quickly and, again, he wasn't a household name over there at the time. It's obvious it was all about Posh Spice moving to the USA, so if back in 2004, she had done the same and had released music, maybe her profile would've also rose as quickly.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 28 May 2016, 22:23

mel b moved to the US and her profile soared. LA State of Mind was so popular it had to be repressed eight times to meet sustained demand and even today it loiters on the iTunes albam charts x
Peter

Postby Peter » 29 May 2016, 02:37

Omg, all of you thinking what would it be if... It's gone, it's past and we won't get to know what would have happened if Victoria would release 'Come Together' there. But can you imagine how ironic it would be if she would release the album and - while she's the only Spice Girl not to have #1 on the UK chart and if she'd score a number 1 (or at least Top 20 hit) with her single on the US chart?! Omg, that would be epic! She'd have the last laugh then:D
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 29 May 2016, 09:02

The Spice Girls wrote:if she'd score a number 1 (or at least Top 20 hit) with her single on the US chart?!

GZ10

Postby GZ10 » 29 May 2016, 11:36

By your logic GZ10 Forever should have been a multi-platnium selling album in the U.S., but it wasn't. It only sold 200,000 copies. Being signed to a major label doesn't mean you are going to be successful.

Please don't put words in my mouth. I did not say anything about Forever. What I said is that she had more celebrity during that time than you make remember/think. '03 is when the US got an early flare of them but you're right in the sense their profile didn't peak until David starting playing soccer for the US. BUT. She had enough celebrity (and if she had the right deal) to have the potential to do well in the US solo with this album. It's not wishful thinking it's being a realist. I'm not saying it would've gone 5848283838x Platinum or whatever impression you have of "success", but the album would've been an success in its own for A) Releasing it and B) being released her in america. Most solo spice albums weren't released here and the fans import the albums.
Sideout

Postby Sideout » 29 May 2016, 15:38

GZ10 wrote:
She had enough celebrity (and if she had the right deal) to have the potential to do well in the US solo with this album. It's not wishful thinking it's being a realist. I'm not saying it would've gone 5848283838x Platinum or whatever impression you have of "success", but the album would've been an success in its own for A) Releasing it and B) being released her in america.

Any singer has the potential to do well if they have enough "celebrity" and scores a top notch record deal. There are many what ifs in your statement for being a realist.
Spice_addict

Postby Spice_addict » 29 May 2016, 15:44

Damn!! How the **** could I miss this... Is there a way to chip in now after the campaign??
Spice_addict

Postby Spice_addict » 29 May 2016, 15:48

OMG!! She actually recorded Jealous Ones!!?
GZ10

Postby GZ10 » 03 Jun 2016, 13:47

"It's That Simple" has been re-slaying me lately yasssssssss
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 04 Jun 2016, 02:39

Spice_addict wrote:Damn!! How the **** could I miss this... Is there a way to chip in now after the campaign??

PM Agent_Spice.
Sideout

Postby Sideout » 04 Jun 2016, 03:15

BootyliciousJosh wrote:
Spice_addict wrote:Damn!! How the **** could I miss this... Is there a way to chip in now after the campaign??

PM Agent_Spice.

I'm pretty sure Agent Spice said people can't contribute after the campaign is over. Besides, you can just listen to them on Youtube Spice Addict.
Christopher
Previous username(s): Posh Punkk

Postby Christopher » 04 Jun 2016, 21:54

JoeHere wrote:What I find quite sad is in songs like Freedom she sings things like "Freedom lives in music yeah" etc, she sounds totally into it. Now she seems completely ashamed of her singing career and seems to hate any sort of discussion about it.

Would love to hear her address the leak and what she thought of it. Or even the whole 2003 era in general, we never really heard the full story of what went on back then from her.

Same! I would love to hear what she has to say but unfortunately people just laugh at her solo career. Most of the press about the album were of celebs telling her to "stick to fashion" or talk show hosts calling it "laughable". You can't blame her for ignoring it. In everyone's eyes its a joke, and if she went along with it then she would get scrutinized for putting down her pop star career. Just read the Spice Girls forum on here to see all that crap she gets. And that's from "fans", I never expect her to acknowledge her solo career again.
Cal2008

Postby Cal2008 » 05 Jun 2016, 16:03

is they any way to get these unreleased tracks on CD?
Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Jun 2016, 02:10

Of course. You just need to download them off YT and burn your own CD.
Cal2008

Postby Cal2008 » 08 Jun 2016, 18:53

not got a CD burner.

Return to “Victoria Beckham”