Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Sah

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Sah » 16 Sep 2016, 21:29

SoSoDef that looks great, love the black box!

Kevsie wrote:Why is there no details about the selfridges event anywhere? It could be at any selfridges, it could even be Manchester. Strange it's not been publicised

It really is strange, today's event she only posted less than 24 Hours before, and apart from date, no info about Selfridges! Last Selfridges event she had in Manchester, so maybe it's there again. Can you email them, and ask, perhaps they tell you?

She is getting a real nice coverage in Fashion magazines.

Glamour France
, September:

Image Image

And October, Vogue Germany:

Kevsie

Postby Kevsie » 16 Sep 2016, 23:56

I'd love love love to go, hope selfridges actually announce which store it will be
Sah

Postby Sah » 17 Sep 2016, 00:06

^ If i come across any info about where it will be, i will gladly Pm you. :)

Nice little Q&A she did for Bergdorf Goodman blog:

5 Questions: Victoria Beckham
September 16, 2016

During her recent visit to NYC, we caught up with Victoria Beckham to talk about the launch of her limited edition beauty collection with Estée Lauder.

Bergdorf Goodman:
How do you do you feel your beauty habits and preferences have evolved?

Victoria Beckham:
“I can afford to buy my own as opposed to stealing my Mum’s [laughs]. Years ago my Mum’s friend used to give me her empty bottles of fragrance and I’d put them on my dressing table when I was a child because I loved how they looked. And now I can buy my own! So that has changed!

I’ve tried lots of different make up looks over the years, and I never look at anything and think it was a mistake, it has shaped me into who I am now, and I have learned from that. I look back and even things that might be considered a fashion or make up mistake, it makes me smile. It’s made me who i am now.

BG:
You mentioned loving the esthetic of beautiful fragrance bottles as a girl – how did you design the beautiful packaging for your collection?

VB:
“We went into the Estée Lauder archives, and took the packaging and tweaked it. We changed little bits like the color of the gold, just little details while still celebrating not just my brand, but Estee Lauder as well. The result feels like the perfect marriage between the two – how great does it look downstairs by the way – the windows! When i saw it said ‘Bergdorf Goodman/Estée Lauder/Victoria Beckham’, I nearly died. I just wish my Mum could see it!”

BG:
What is your first memory of Bergdorf Goodman?

VB: “My first memory… my parents brought my brother and sister and me to New York when we were really little, and I remember it was around Christmas time so it was really really cold. New York always looks so beautiful at Christmas time, and I remember we had a little walk around Central Park and it was absolutely freezing. We walked over and just stood looking at the Bergdorf Goodman windows. And I just remember looking at the store with my Mum, mesmerized.

BG: In 3 words how do you hope your beauty collection will make women feel?

VB:
“Beautiful, empowered, and confident. And Happy! There’s four. You can’t help but smile when you look at the collection.”

BG: You described how excited you were to see your name in the window with BG and EL. How did your partnership with such an iconic beauty brand come about?

VB: “Estée Lauder just approached me and said are you interested in doing a capsule collection, and I was so excited because this is something I’ve always wanted to do. I’ve collected make up for so many years, and I was just beyond excited.”

http://blog.bergdorfgoodman.com/women/d ... a-beckham/
Kevsie

Postby Kevsie » 17 Sep 2016, 00:23

Thank you very much X
Melissa

Postby Melissa » 17 Sep 2016, 09:00

I wish i did go to the NYC meet up :-( Oh well...

Did anyone see the video of her outside of the McDonalds in Times Square?

that was pretty funny and random
I believe in whatever gets you through the night. Night is the hardest time to be alive. For me, anyway. It lasts so long and 4 a.m. knows all my secrets. 4 a.m. is when my dreams die.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
MAD

Postby MAD » 17 Sep 2016, 09:59

Victoria posted a pic of her cosmetics light box on Facebook and in the comments people are disappointed and I have to agree. I really like Victoria and I am happy for her but she says that her line is for empowering women and bla bla bla but it's too expensive. In one of her last interviews she said that her cosmetics are for normal women or something like that but normal women don't spend 850£ for a light box. People are not stupid and comments on Facebook are all about this story. If I was a journalist I would ask her why she repeats that her brand is for all women when it's not. :grin:
Sah

Postby Sah » 17 Sep 2016, 10:55

^ It's a luxury brand, those are the price points. What do you want from her? She never lied about that part, some of you need to get over it! There is CLEARLY a market for her, which she is serving to, even with these prices, the light box has been sold out, and restocked on her site several times. And it was sold out in NY, so those arguments are really silly. And who cares what bullshit, people post on social media? Not her! Those are not the people that buy her stuff anyway, they just follow because of who she is! And she said SHE is a normal woman, she meant look wise, that she is no supermodel! Also she clearly understands that her clothes are not for everywoman, and that not all can afford it, she means a particualr luxury buying client, who comes in all sizes, and shapes! As a woman who buys luxury make-up, her prices are expensive, but look at YSL, Tom Ford and many others, and they have a far more expensive price points.

From day one her brand has been about luxury, so i don't get arguments like yours, its not like she been selling her clothes in H&M all this time, and suddenly you have to be shocked what the prices are. Just go to some other brand that has less expensive stuff then, it's simple. VB is defo not for everoyne, and she never said she is, when she talks about empowering women, she clearly talks about those who buy her products, her own clients that she meets, and love her stuff. Yesterday a woman bought a 4K evening dress at her shop event, that says it all!

I do think eventually she will do a more mass market collaboration though.
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 17 Sep 2016, 11:06

Victoria has had a handbag sell out that was around $40,000 and many of dresses have been over $10,000 and sell out. Majority of her clothes are around $1,000+ and still sell very well. Even this light box you're talking about has sold out. She even has keychains that are close to $1,000. How would you think this would be any different? I myself can't afford much of what she sells but that's just the way life is. To be honest, it's more of an accomplishment that she can sell her brand the ways she does. She's my 'fav' when it comes to the celebrity/entertainment world and I would rather her be doing the luxury route regardless if many can afford it or not, instead of selling out of walmart/target/kmart/khols/sears/jcpenny/macy's and all alike. She literally got as lucky as a popstar can get when it comes to being a designer; she better take advantage of it and it's not like her product doesn't reflect the price point with it's quality.
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 17 Sep 2016, 11:13

The light box was always meant as a bonus item and only 400 were made. The main makeup range is the normal price point for comestics of that quality.
Sah

Postby Sah » 17 Sep 2016, 11:17

Melissa wrote:I wish i did go to the NYC meet up :-( Oh well...

Did anyone see the video of her outside of the McDonalds in Times Square?

that was pretty funny and random

Melissa my apologies if I mislead you, but I only read about the BG event being for their clients. Because she did actually host a pre event for invited BG clients first, then at 5:30 they opened it up for everyone. Like Kevise said, the PR over some of these events of hers has been a bit strange, i think that is where she should be criticized haha.

That video seriously cracked me up, lol!
MAD

Postby MAD » 17 Sep 2016, 11:27

I know that her line and prices is how you both described it, and from day one I had the same vision of her brand, not now with that light box. I simply don't see appropriate the tag lines that she uses in interviews. I'm not a fashion blogger or a fashion victim, but from the first interviews I thought that her brand was more for the people, because of what she says and because she is always a down-to-earth woman. That's my point of view, that's how I get her words, I can be accused because I am a spice fan and I miss her but many women follow her only for what she is now and see a contradiction. But anyway I am probably wrong and her marketing team is totally right.
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 17 Sep 2016, 11:40

Well it is for the people though..... the people who can afford it. People with money are still part of that statement. It's only a light box. I don't see how that changes anything you thought when I just said a keychain, a damn keychain is $1,000. I actually own one of her keychains which retails for over $200 and I definitely can't afford that but I still got it. That light box does come with $332 worth of products too, not that it makes it any better considering it's $1,200 but still, that's just the way it is. She just put up a makeup bag too.... which is $940. hahahaha

From the way you're saying it, you're mistaking her politeness for meaning she was saying anyone who wants it can afford it but that just her personality, she's not a rude person. It's not like she's going to do interviews and say if you're poor, don't even bother looking. She's a very humble person.
Sah

Postby Sah » 17 Sep 2016, 11:43

MAD wrote:I know that her line and prices is how you both described it, and from day one I had the same vision of her brand, not now with that light box. I simply don't see appropriate the tag lines that she uses in interviews. I'm not a fashion blogger or a fashion victim, but from the first interviews I thought that her brand was more for the people, because of what she says and because she is always a down-to-earth woman. That's my point of view, that's how I get her words, I can be accused because I am a spice fan and I miss her but many women follow her only for what she is now and see a contradiction. But anyway I am probably wrong and her marketing team is totally right.

I get what you mean, but i think that these days when she talks about that, she is talking from her brand's point of view. Not mass market! When she was in Asia doing an event, there was a reporter with her, and i remember being shocked at what he wrote. He said that there were a lot of 18 (or younger) year old girls there who came from some of the richest Chinese families. And he talked to several of them, and they were all like; "Um we know her just as a designer", too young to have seen her in SG as Posh Spice, and clearly too young to have seen the whole David frenzy. So she wasn't Posh Spice, or David Beckhams wife for them, she was a brand! There is a new generation that sees her in a different light, and its so scary to me, makes me feel old haha!

But the light box item, is seriously just another thing to make this collection a bit "extra", so those who want, can get it. It's produced only 400 of them WORLDWIDE, so its not the main thing about this collabo. Just you know, for those super wealthy women who love to feel like they got something not everyone can. :D

I would also say that Victoria should defo do a collabo with H&M or someone like that, she said that she want's to do a more affordable line (even more than her VVB because that is still pricey, although less than her main one), and reach more women. She talked about that in interviews, and acknowledged that some women can't or refuse to pay these prices, so she is aware of it at least.
posh_girl

Postby posh_girl » 17 Sep 2016, 12:16

Sah wrote:Yup, open event, she just invited everyone to come on IG and Twitter haha.

Judging from the pictures there were not a lot of people there. So sad I don't live in London...
MAD

Postby MAD » 17 Sep 2016, 14:25

jezebelvictoria wrote:Well it is for the people though..... the people who can afford it. People with money are still part of that statement. It's only a light box. I don't see how that changes anything you thought when I just said a keychain, a damn keychain is $1,000. I actually own one of her keychains which retails for over $200 and I definitely can't afford that but I still got it. That light box does come with $332 worth of products too, not that it makes it any better considering it's $1,200 but still, that's just the way it is. She just put up a makeup bag too.... which is $940. hahahaha

From the way you're saying it, you're mistaking her politeness for meaning she was saying anyone who wants it can afford it but that just her personality, she's not a rude person. It's not like she's going to do interviews and say if you're poor, don't even bother looking. She's a very humble person.

I know that and I like her for this reason. Plus I really like her sense of humor. (:

Sah wrote:I get what you mean, but i think that these days when she talks about that, she is talking from her brand's point of view. Not mass market! When she was in Asia doing an event, there was a reporter with her, and i remember being shocked at what he wrote. He said that there were a lot of 18 (or younger) year old girls there who came from some of the richest Chinese families. And he talked to several of them, and they were all like; "Um we know her just as a designer", too young to have seen her in SG as Posh Spice, and clearly too young to have seen the whole David frenzy. So she wasn't Posh Spice, or David Beckhams wife for them, she was a brand! There is a new generation that sees her in a different light, and its so scary to me, makes me feel old haha!

But the light box item, is seriously just another thing to make this collection a bit "extra", so those who want, can get it. It's produced only 400 of them WORLDWIDE, so its not the main thing about this collabo. Just you know, for those super wealthy women who love to feel like they got something not everyone can. :D

I would also say that Victoria should defo do a collabo with H&M or someone like that, she said that she want's to do a more affordable line (even more than her VVB because that is still pricey, although less than her main one), and reach more women. She talked about that in interviews, and acknowledged that some women can't or refuse to pay these prices, so she is aware of it at least.

This collaboration would be a great idea. ;)
Suki

Postby Suki » 17 Sep 2016, 17:06

I love luxurious make up. Can't wait until I could get may hands on her collection. Does someone know how the Euro prices will be?
Cyteen

Postby Cyteen » 17 Sep 2016, 18:04

I think the prices will be the same...

I bought the highlighter (modern mercury) + the eyeshadows palette and the total price was 137 € (damn).
And no it's not a normal price for Estee Lauder stuff (or Dior, Guerlain, whatever "that quality make-up" it might be), it's definitely more expensive. I hope it's worth the money :despise:
Can I call a cab to take you home ?
Suki

Postby Suki » 17 Sep 2016, 18:07

Please let me know how the eyeshadow palette is. I'm thinking about buying it, but I wait until the collection is available in Germany.
Cyteen

Postby Cyteen » 17 Sep 2016, 18:12

I'll tell you when I receive and try it (pigmentation, long-lasting or not, etc...).

Usually I'd rather see the stuff before buying, but well... I bought it anyway.
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 17 Sep 2016, 18:13

There are Estée Lauder products in the same category that are the same or more expensive. It depends whether it's the standard range or limited edition. This is a limited edition range so it's normal that it is a bit higher than the mass produced items.
Cyteen

Postby Cyteen » 17 Sep 2016, 18:20

Oh please.
Sah

Postby Sah » 17 Sep 2016, 19:50

Cyteen wrote:I think the prices will be the same...

I bought the highlighter (modern mercury) + the eyeshadows palette and the total price was 137 € (damn).
And no it's not a normal price for Estee Lauder stuff (or Dior, Guerlain, whatever "that quality make-up" it might be), it's definitely more expensive. I hope it's worth the money :despise:

It's more expensive than usual EL, but i have lipsticks from Tom Ford that costed more, not to mention lip liners, or eyeshadow (last one i bought was over 80 dollars, and had only two shades :Oops: ). Same from YSL, and Armani. Don't buy anything from Dior because I'm not a fan, so no idea about their prices. But yeah its stil very expensive, you are brave to order without trying. Unless its a product i already own, and know i usually don't order online (never works out for me). But every blog review i read said that pigmentation, and lasting effects are great, and they are top quality products. Also you ordered the two products (the eye palette has stunning shades) that i am most interested in. (+ that lip gloss)

Hope you are good Cyteen. :)
Suki

Postby Suki » 17 Sep 2016, 20:38

I love my Tom Ford eyeliner. I would like to have the eye palatte, the bronzer, the kajal and the red lipstick opsi :rolleyes: ;)
Sah

Postby Sah » 17 Sep 2016, 22:56

^ I know this is about VB, but totally recommend you to get it in the future, amazing high quality, never regreted the purchase. Lipsticks are especially superb (over 50 dollars though).

I wonder if VB might go to Germany.etc for any of the promo, it would make sense since it's in October.
raqueldbab

Postby raqueldbab » 18 Sep 2016, 00:24

Hi guys, just wanted to share a few thoughts: the price is more like Tom Ford, which fits the exclusive and luxury VB label, so I'm cool with that (and excited with the rumours that there will be more with EL in the future); it is very hard to purchase it in store since for the entire country, they will be selling 5-10 of each (SA isn't sure yet, so rich everyday clients are served first), so I have to buy online.
Which leads me to this point: why did Victoria let UK bloggers get near it?! They are so biased, I don't follow them closely, but I needed reviews so I saw a video from Model Recommends and OMG what a bitch, the British kind obviously: nice and not negative, just destroying it, then I saw Fleur and she was nice, but of course the eyeshadow was only applied with fingers...... and with fall out (what you don't get even at Dior prices........) I was so upset because I had already managed to order the green shadow she was wearing. Luckily I saw Pixiwoo review and they said it was stunning, and the colour amazing, and Caroline Hirons said the collection was spectacular, minus the lipsticks (because the packaging wasn't heavy enough).
Anyway if anyone saw the bronzer and the eyeshadow palete please give some feedback, I doubt they will still be available before I touch them, but I'm so confused I won't be buying them online.
This is why I hated the whole Lauder association, here Lauder makeup is only for old ladies, who remember Estée *exaggeration*, all mainstream stores focus more on EL skincare than makeup, therefore makeup is only strong in El Corte Ingles, which has 2 stores in Portugal, and only Lisbon will be selling this collection. I hope this small example shuts up all the people going on and on with "why is it so expensive": it's more exclusive than Chanel LOL.

Return to “Victoria Beckham”