Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Sah

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Sah » 09 Feb 2017, 16:02

UK Vogue:

Victoria Beckham: Why My Estée Lauder Collaboration Is Back
Victoria Beckham's sell-out Estée Lauder make-up collection is back for a second run with some new products as well as some cult comebacks. Here she talks Vogue online beauty editor Lisa Niven through the creation process, and explains why Nude Spice was the perfect name for her favourite new lipstick.
By Lisa Niven

There are beauty collaborations that make an impact and there are beauty collaborations that don't. And then there's the Victoria Beckham x Estée Lauder make-up collaboration, which won the hearts of beauty editors, customers and fans alike when it arrived in 2016 - exceeding expectations to such an extent that neither party could resist coming back for round two, which will launch later this month.

"I was astonished and humbled by the feedback the collection received. Of course, I felt passionately from the outset that each and every product was brilliant, but you never know how it’s going to go," Beckham told us earlier this week. "Creating the first collection with Estée Lauder was the culmination of a long-held dream for me, so when we received such an overwhelmingly positive response from customers and retailers it made sense for us to revisit and develop the collaboration. We wanted to review it and look at what worked well - what do we need to fine-tune, where could we extend the range?"

Two completely new products will launch as part of a special phase-two collection, which offers both products created in response to customer feedback as well as a revival of the most popular launches from phase one. A new bronzer, Saffron Sun, joins the sell-out Java Sun shade from the first collection, whilst a nude lipstick called - wait for it - Nude Spice is a matt take on the classic neutral lip hue Beckham is so often spotted wearing herself.

"It’s a little tongue-in-cheek nod to my days as Posh Spice of course, but it’s also tied in to the theme of the whole collection – these rich and sumptuous spice-inspired shades of amber and saffron," she said. "I think there are some beauty ‘looks’ that people associate with me – a smoky eye, a pale lip – so it was important that we spent time fine-tuning until we had an authentic-feeling product. I spend a lot of time with my customers in my stores and at events all over the world, and I really do listen to them. I have always taken on board what they want from their clothes, and now I am also learning what they want from their beauty products. After the launch of the first collection, we noted that some women would like to see a lighter, more golden shade of bronzer. So with this bring-back collection, we’ve added a new bronzer in Saffron Sun, which is really pretty."

The returning bestsellers from the initial outing include the Highlighter in Modern Mercury and Eye Metals Eyeshadow in Bitter Clove, as well as the wildly popular Morning Aura Illuminating Crème. Estée Lauder doesn't disclose its sales figures, but anyone who tried to get hold of a bottle of Morning Aura even hours after its release will assure you that it was only the very quickest off the mark that managed to get their hands on that particular glow-getter.

"Morning Aura is really quite a special product," Beckham told us. "It gives the effect of an inner glow – a sort of halo of radiance, health and youthfulness, which can be quite elusive when you’re battling against a lack of sleep and a busy daily life!"

If there's one person that knows the products as well as Beckham does herself its Sarah Creal, lead global partnership initiatives for Estée Lauder, who worked alongside the designer to formulate all of the products for both the first collection and this new phase.

"Morning Aura is just such a transformative product, and so luxurious to use. And everyone loves it. [Victoria's hairdresser] Ken Pavés was saying to me the other day that using it feels like a really wonderful ritual. I mean, even David loves it," she revealed. "And then the nude lip is just so Victoria. I always joke to her that her quest for nudes knows no bounds! She is very clear with her vision so working with her is a complex process in terms of getting things just right, but in a really good way. We’d try one sample and she’d say ‘no that’s too mauve’, and another where she’d say ‘that’s too nana’ – that’s one of her favourite criticisms - and then we got to a place where we were like 'ok, we did it'. It was a challenge, but a great challenge.

And it seems to be Beckham's very personal and thorough involvement with the production process that has contributed to making the collaboration such a success. Much as her eponymous fashion label has become such a triumph due to her hard work, dedication and unwavering involvement at every step. At the 2013 Vogue Festival, Beckham described herself as a "perfectionist" and "probably a complete pain in the neck to work with" in reference to her company, but it's likely that it's this perfectionism that has led to the Lauder collaboration - as well as her fashion label - performing so well.

"Victoria really is super involved. We'd plan two-hour meetings to discuss the collection and they’d go on so much longer – once a meeting we had in London went on for six hours and I had to change the time of my flight back to the States! The thing is, she is the customer – these are the products she wears and that she felt were missing from what was out there," Creal told us. "And she really cares about the end result being perfect. She likes to sit on the floor so that we can have all of the make-up spread out in front of us. One time we got the giggles so badly – we were sat on the floor with pretty much ALL of the make-up on. Like a different look on each eye, different colours on each lip… we just couldn’t stop laughing, but that’s how you have to test make-up!"

"I wanted to be involved in every aspect, from developing the pigments and textures, to choosing the weight and shape of the packaging," Beckham added. "I have no shame in admitting that I love make-up! I’m a total beauty junkie, and always have been. I was constantly rifling through my mum’s make-up bag when I was little, and I loved nothing better than watching her getting ready to go out – putting her lipstick and eyeliner on. I like to celebrate being a woman – and for me, make-up is just a part of that. You know, I’m not a supermodel – I’m a working mother of four children - and sometimes I need a little bit of help from my make-up bag to make me feel ready to take on the world in the morning!"

The Victoria Beckham Estée Lauder products will be available at Victoriabeckham.com, Esteelauder.co.uk and selected additional UK retailers from this month.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/victoria ... akeup-2017
gugette

Postby gugette » 09 Feb 2017, 16:26

Really love to hear how her working relationships are. She's really learned and improved on how to be a good collaborator.
Sah

Postby Sah » 09 Feb 2017, 16:32

^ Me too, especially when that EL lady says how involved she is. I guess on the other hand she could be a bit of a pain in the arse for not just letting her name be used, and show up to promote. The bit where she turned down shades because they were not right cracked me up, also several hours meetings? Damn!
Margaret

Postby Margaret » 09 Feb 2017, 18:11

She changed her IG profile picture into the Estee Lauder one... she looks stunning!
MidnightFantasy

Postby MidnightFantasy » 18 Feb 2017, 08:40

I can't wait to put my hands on that makeup, any idea of release date in the USA?
Peter

Postby Peter » 18 Feb 2017, 11:00

Yesterday's Evening Standard magazine had double cover with VB EL make up line. It was on front and back cover.
simby

Postby simby » 18 Feb 2017, 11:14

The Spice Girls wrote:Yesterday's Evening Standard magazine had double cover with VB EL make up line. It was on front and back cover.

Anyone has scans please?
Peter

Postby Peter » 18 Feb 2017, 11:45

simby wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:Yesterday's Evening Standard magazine had double cover with VB EL make up line. It was on front and back cover.

Anyone has scans please?

I didn't take it as thought it would be everywhere online. It was double cover front being her black and white EL picture and some make up products on the back (like the ones with Kendall Jenner cover I guess) and then again at the back it had the same double cover her pic and make up at the back. Lol. Confusing. It said it's paid for advert or something.
Sah

Postby Sah » 22 Feb 2017, 01:16

^ Yup its a speacial placed magazine ad, same photo used as last year, some snaps from IG:

simby

Postby simby » 22 Feb 2017, 10:55

Thanks!
Love it
Andre

Postby Andre » 08 Mar 2017, 19:11

Victoria will be going live in awhile for the Sunday Times Style.

Join me live on my Facebook page tomorrow at 7:15pm GMT to take part in a conversation with Sarah Creal of Estee Lauder and Lorraine Candy of the Sunday Times Style for International Women's Day x VB #SheMeansBusiness #VBDoverSt
This tune is gonna punish you....
Andre

Postby Andre » 29 May 2017, 20:30

Victoria Beckham had a preview of her 2nd launch of VBxEstee Lauder.
This tune is gonna punish you....
Sah

Postby Sah » 31 May 2017, 22:20

^Thanks for posting, love her blog, and the fact she said VB was everything she hoped for, and very charming. Also high praise in saying the second collection is even better than the first. Makes me excited to see it, but she needs to promote it more than the first time around, imo!
victoriajames

Postby victoriajames » 01 Jun 2017, 13:43

Sah wrote:^Thanks for posting, love her blog, and the fact she said VB was everything she hoped for, and very charming. Also high praise in saying the second collection is even better than the first. Makes me excited to see it, but she needs to promote it more than the first time around, imo!

I just hope her fragrance isn't part of the Estee Lauder collab.
Sah

Postby Sah » 02 Jun 2017, 00:45

Ad campaign for the second collection, Photographed by Lachlan Bailey in New York:

Image Image Image
gugette

Postby gugette » 15 Jun 2017, 15:40

Wow, this is huge that they're investing in and expanding the range
http://wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/col ... -10913797/
Lauder Invests in Beckham Range
Beckham's makeup collection will double in size for the fall season.
Sah

Postby Sah » 15 Jun 2017, 15:51

^ The full article:

Lauder Invests in Beckham Range
Beckham's makeup collection will double in size for the fall season.
By Rachel Strugatz on June 15, 2017

NEW YORK — Could Victoria Beckham be the next Tom Ford for The Estée Lauder Cos. Inc.?

Beckham, in town last week to show the resort lineup from her namesake ready-to-wear label, also unveiled the “second season” of Victoria Beckham Estée Lauder, her collaboration with the beauty group’s flagship brand. Just nine months after the release of the original limited-edition capsule collection, Lauder said it’s made a sizable investment in the range, which is about to undergo significant expansion.

During an interview at Beckham’s showroom here, the designer said the upcoming Victoria Beckham Estée Lauder line is growing rapidly, both in terms of product and distribution. The 14-piece capsule (15 if one counts the $1,200 limited-edition light box) that originally bowed last September will double in size to 28 products come fall, with global distribution tripling from nearly 450 to 1,200 doors. Ten hero products from the first collection will remain in the line with the addition of 18 new ones and two kits. Retail prices range from $34 for a Lip Pencil in “Victoria” to $95 for the Morning Aura Illuminating Crème.

Lauder is mum on the long-term future of its collaboration with Beckham, but judging by the speed at which the company is upping the ante on the partnership, it looks like Beckham is on the fast track to a stand-alone line à la Ford.

Success from the outset gave the company the confidence to up the volume too, according to Stephane de la Faverie, global brand president of Estée Lauder, who said production will triple for the second collection.

De la Faverie and Beckham declined to comment on sales figures, but an industry source said Beckham’s second season — the cadence in which the designer releases makeup is the same way she shows fashion — could do $30 million at retail this fall. Doing the math, that means Beckham’s makeup line could drive over $100 million in sales for the Lauder brand in a year’s time — if the collection were to be sold on a permanent, year-round basis.

“For the moment we’re really…doing seasonal collections. [Beckham’s] passionate about creating these collections…but we’re really at this point [focused on] making this fall a big, big success. That’s what the vision [is] — and for her also. That’s, for now, the answer…and then we’ll have some further discussion…about what’s going to go next,” de la Faverie said.

During a preview of the lineup, Beckham said her personally chosen, city makeup “looks” for L.A., London, New York and Paris will see the addition of Miami, which contains new items such as Cheek Crème in Blond Mink, $60; Eye Matte Duo in Bleu Électrique/Nude, $60; Eye Kajal Duo eyeliner in Saphir/Vanill, $38, and Matte Lipstick in Burnished Rose, $50. A new “Signature” look — not tied to any specific city — will join the group as well. She said the line’s best-selling Morning Aura Illuminating Crème, the anchor for the look, is complimented by three new products: Skin Perfecting Powder, $85; Aura Gloss in Honey, $45, and Eye Ink Mascara in Backseat, $45.

“This collection is significantly bigger…[but] there is so much that I still want to do. I haven’t touched on foundation or eyebrows. There were things we wanted to get into this collection but we wanted to get it right,” she said, adding that both foundation and skin care are in the works.

Packaging for the second time around was updated slightly, Beckham added. The black, fluted leather on the original compacts will be pebbled leather going forward, and the Eye Foils, once in black, opaque packaging, are now in clear glass pots with gold caps to make product visible. A new Skin Perfecting Powder, $85, will come in a luxe, blonde-gold textured compact, fashioned from the same hardware as Beckham’s handbags. The Victoria Beckham Lit Beauty Box: Noir, a $1,500 light box with removable lighted mirror and eight products, will be joined by a Victoria Beckham Collection Trousse de Maquillage: Noir Makeup Kit, a $700 leather case with six products.

“The collections really are informed by what I do in fashion…[There is a] strong fashion message. I’d say the makeup goes hand in hand with what I’m doing as a fashion brand,” Beckham said, pointing out that the models in her fall runway show in February wore Gris, a gray eyeshadow from a four-color Eye Palette, $75.

Expanding Victoria Beckham Estée Lauder was a no-brainer for the group. The first collection that launched in September sold out in record time, resulting in a brief encore with 12 products for sale in February. Last month, the range rolled out to Tmall, 25 Sephora doors in Beijing and Shanghai and sephora.com, 13 department stores and seven freestanding Estée Lauder stores and esteelauder.cn. De la Faverie called the initial limited-edition offerings an “absolute success” that has built a “very strong foundation for the second version.”

“The way it’s designed, it sells through extremely quickly…[And we’re] not planning to bring it back. This can happen in a matter of weeks and not… months,” de la Faverie said of the second collection’s launch on Sept. 1., adding that the brand’s two biggest markets, from a volume standpoint, are Beckham’s native U.K. and North America.

He noted that increased distribution is a combination of additional doors in existing retailers to “trying new channels” such as Net-a-porter, sephora.com and select Sephora stores in the U.S., Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region.

Retail partners in North America include Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Sephora, Hudson’s Bay, Holt Renfrew and esteelauder.com. Globally, the collection will be available at Selfridges, Harrods, David Jones, Myer, Isetan, Mitsukoshi, Lotte, Lane Crawford, Central, El Palacio de Hierro, El Corte Ingles, Le Bon Marché, Galeries Lafayette, Printemps, La Rinascente and net-a-porter.com, as well as major airports. The range will also be sold through Beckham’s own retail channels, including victoriabeckham.com, Dover Street London and the Landmark Hong Kong, which will host a series of activities in-store for customers.

“Victoria Beckham knows the power of speaking directly to women. She amplifies the voice of Estée Lauder, our founder, with her own voice — in an authentic and passionate way,” de la Faverie said. “[It’s also] the social media power she has — and you saw that with the first collection…The power is really enormous, from in-store…to social posts. The engagement is extremely high, and she brings forth what the brand is already doing with her own voice.”

The effort with Beckham to attract a younger customer to the Estée Lauder brand comes as it shutters its initiative to attract Millennials via the Estée Edit, which had Kendall Jenner as the face. Whether it was formulations, branding, Jenner’s involvement (or lack thereof, evident from her Instagram account, which hardly makes mention of the collection), or a combination of the three, it looks like Beckham’s partnership might be the connection to Millennials that Lauder is desperately trying to forge.
Last edited by Sah on 15 Aug 2017, 01:11, edited 1 time in total.
Sah

Postby Sah » 30 Jul 2017, 00:19

W Magazine interview, Love how knowledgeable & invovled she comes across for this project:

Victoria Beckham On Her Second Makeup Collection for Estée Lauder, and the Secret to a Glowing Complexion
by Nada Abouarrage
July 28, 2017 2:10 pm

Victoria Beckham may be best known for her careers as a fashion designer and a pop star, but the mother of four is also a major player in the beauty industry, thanks to the 30 fragrances she has with her husband David Beckham and her new makeup collaboration with Estée Lauder. Last summer, Beckham announced that she was creating the ultimate makeup collection, which debuted at New York Fashion Week. Now, the fashion designer is back with her second collection, which offers 18 new products inspired by Beckham's favorite cities around the globe. Here, the designer and erstwhile pop star discusses the new offerings; it turns out, she's formulated the ultimate collection for those to dare to go nude.

What was your inspiration for the new collection?
For me, this second collection is a celebration of fashion and color. It’s also very much inspired by my favorite cities in the world. I created five different looks based on the cities that I love the most and visit often – including a new city which didn’t feature in the first collection, Miami. We’ve explored key beauty themes such as my take on the color pink, a continued evolution of the nude lip, an expansion of matte across both eyes and lips, and multiple eyeshadow duos instead of one palette. This makeup collection really reflects my personal beauty vision and I hope it will make women everywhere feel beautiful and confident.

How does the new collection differ from your first?
With this second collection, I was able to move into other key new beauty areas, such as mascara, blush and powder. We’ve doubled the size of the collection this season launching 28 products for face, eyes and lips, including 10 hero products from the first collection, 18 new products and 2 limited edition sets. The Paris, London, New York and L.A. looks have come back with new shades, new formulas and different textures. Most of the products in these looks are brand new. The newest city look addition, Miami, has gorgeously flushed cheeks and bright eyes with a blue edge. Very youthful and summery!

What product are you most excited about?
I’m extremely excited about the Skin Perfecting Powder I’ve developed for the new collection. I think it has the potential to become a new makeup essential for a lot of women. It helps blur pores and set makeup for a perfect finish, but it isn’t at all cakey. The packaging is really beautiful too. My go-to product would have to be my Morning Aura Illuminating Creme. It’s my secret weapon for fresh, glowing skin.

What are your favorite makeup trends for the Fall?
One of our new Eye Matte Duos features this gorgeous deep navy color paired with orange. As much as it’s very cool and ultra-modern, it’s actually incredibly wearable and the perfect bold color combo for the fall. I’m also obsessed with the matte finishes on our new products for lips and eyes. The updated Paris look has this beautiful matte Black Cassis lipstick and an intense black liquid eyeliner that dries down to a modern matte finish.

What is your favorite beauty look for the Fall?
I’ll always love a smudgy, smoky eye paired with a nude lip, and for the fall it’s great to update the look with new colors and finishes. We have a brand new matte nude lipstick called Victoria which is deeper, more cool toned and richer than any other nude that we’ve done before. The new Eye Palette from the London look is a really interesting eyeshadow formula that leaves a sophisticated cream finish on lids. I especially love the Gris color, which gives a cool sheer wash of color, and even used it on the girls in my A/W 2017 fashion show.

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/victori ... al_twitter
Sah

Postby Sah » 15 Aug 2017, 00:50

New Telegraph article:

Victoria Beckham: 'I'm not trying to be anyone else'
By Victoria Hall, Beauty Editor
12 August 2017 • 7:00am

Image Image Image

It’s rare that a week goes by without one of the Beckhams making the headlines, whether we’re reading of Brooklyn’s new tattoo, Harper’s party at Buckingham Palace or rumours swirling about the state of Victoria and David’s marriage. There are also regular snippets of the family’s jet-set lifestyle posted on their many social-media accounts, all of which feed our appetite 
for brand Beckham.

But for many of us, it’s the matriarch, Victoria, who is most intriguing. She has, after all, successfully transitioned from ’90s pop star to WAG to globally acclaimed fashion designer within two decades. All 
while raising sons Brooklyn, 18, Romeo, 14, Cruz, 12, and daughter Harper, six; plus relocating from London to Madrid to LA and back to London.

Along the way, Victoria has faced criticism from the public and the media, for everything from the way she dresses to how she brings up her children. However, she’s always managed to ride the storm and come out the other side. Over the past nine years, her fashion line, Victoria Beckham, has grown steadily and amassed a loyal celebrity following: Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz and Beyoncé are regularly spotted wearing her pieces. She also collaborated with the massive US chain Target on a mother-and-daughter-inspired clothing line in April, which sold out within hours, and earlier 
this year was awarded an OBE.

But it’s not fashion she wants to talk about when I meet her in the penthouse suite of Claridge’s Hotel, it’s the second instalment of her beauty collection with Estée Lauder. The first offering, unveiled last September, was a runaway success, with several products selling out within hours, including the Morning Aura illuminator and the nude Lip Pencil in the eponymous shade, Victoria. The highly anticipated range was divided into four cities, London, Paris, New York and LA, with make-up looks to reflect each destination, including a Californian glow and a Parisian red lip.

In the flesh and away from prying photographers, Victoria is warm and inviting. There is no trace of the famous aloof pout that we’ve become accustomed to seeing in photos; instead she offers a friendly yet firm handshake. Despite the mild weather outside, she’s wearing a navy roll-neck sweater and pleated skirt from her autumn/winter 2017 collection, and her make-up, including the signature nude lip and smoky eye is, of course, perfect.

While the first collection was small and focused, the new offering, which hits the shelves next month, is about expanding 
and establishing her beauty philosophy 
– and with 18 new products, including a debut mascara, cream blusher and matte eyeshadows, there is plenty to talk about. Perched on the edge of a cream sofa with 
the new beauty stash precisely displayed 
on the coffee table in front of her, Victoria 
is keen to get her message across.

‘It’s a passion project for me. There were half the amount of products the first time round; I was only scratching the surface and I’ve got a lot to say about beauty,’ she asserts.

Perhaps this is a discreet nod to the whisperings last autumn about Victoria’s involvement in the project and whether the products were just existing formulations wrapped up in new packaging. Admittedly, this isn’t uncommon with celebrity-led brands, and it isn’t the first time Victoria has fended off rumours about her ability, or supposed lack of it. When she unveiled her first line of dresses, rumours abounded that the designer Roland Mouret had offered more than a helping hand. In reality, he had merely recommended pattern-cutters.

Her subsequent success – both critically and commercially – has silenced those doubters and Victoria seems determined to do the same with her beauty range. ‘I was at the airport looking at the make-up in duty-
free and I thought, “Everything looks the same.” For me it’s not about copying what everyone else is doing, it’s about creating make-up that women feel proud to own. Ultimately it’s about empowering women.’

Victoria has put a lot of herself into the collection and wants it to feel attainable and wearable. ‘There are must-have pieces that every woman should have in her make-up bag. I’m obsessed with nude lipsticks and the new Matte Lipstick formula is absolute perfection. I learn an enormous amount by seeing pictures of myself and in photos the new shades read as nude, but in practical terms you can get a really great lip shape and it doesn’t bleed. I put this lipstick on at seven o’clock this morning – I’ve eaten my breakfast, my lunch and it’s still in place.’

Victoria insists on trialling all of the formulas herself. ‘I like to wear-test everything. Last night, I went home and was talking to David and he said, “You’ve got a lot of make-up on.” I test everything and keep removing, reapplying and layering it.’

She has been incredibly hands-on with the process and has worked closely with Estée Lauder Companies’ global partnerships lead, Sarah Creal, on everything from the initial concept of splitting the collection into cities or ‘looks’, to the nitty-gritty of product development. 
‘I never thought I would be having conversations about how much it costs to create a lipstick lid, and that’s frustrating, but this is a business and I’ve had to learn on the job very quickly.’

She’s not the only one who has been pushed out of her comfort zone: Creal has had to source new manufacturers and factories to bring Victoria’s vision to life. The debut Eye Ink Mascara in Blackest is 
a case in point. ‘I wanted a mascara with a beautiful, refined wand and brush that meant you could really get into the roots,’ says Victoria. The design of the mascara is 
a first for Estée Lauder as it has a tiny brush and a looser wiper, so you get plenty of mascara in one sweep.

Victoria recommends using the wand horizontally on the upper lashes. ‘On the lower lashes I use it vertically on a few lashes at a time because I like it when they look a little spiky – I think spidery lashes are very youthful.’ Any leftover mascara is then used to shape and ‘spike’ her brows.

The Pore Perfecting Powder was equally tricky to create as Victoria had a long list of requirements. ‘I wanted something that closed the pore, that really perfected the skin – a lightweight but effective texture in 
 a colour that would suit all skin tones, and 
I wanted to be able to contour with it.’ No mean feat, but Creal mastered it.

Eagle-eyed fans will also notice a new city has been added to the collection. Miami is a burst of colour with cobalt-blue and vibrant coral matte eyeshadows. Such boldness might not seem very Victoria, but she has her own way of wearing the shades. ‘I layer the blue on top of the black liner, so you get this subtle navy feel,’ she says, although she admits the orange hue takes slightly more nerve to pull off.

Essentially, Victoria is trying to cater to her existing customers while attracting new ones, who might not have been able to invest in a Victoria Beckham dress, but can afford a bronzer or lipstick. As with everything she does, though, there is very little room for compromise and she has paid stringent attention to detail, right down the eyeliner with its monogrammed pencil sharpener. ‘I have a really obsessive eye, so the new mascara had to be the exact height of Morning Aura, [while] the lipstick looks smaller than the average, but contains the same amount of product.’

The second instalment of VB beauty might have doubled in size, but she hasn’t finished there. She has already revealed that there are more products in the pipeline, including a fragrance and skincare. ‘Sometimes things take longer in development, so they might not be here right now, but we really try to push the boundaries and do something different. I’m not trying to be anyone else. I’m just doing what I want to do and giving women what 
I think they genuinely want.’

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/peopl ... yone-else/
do-it

Postby do-it » 16 Aug 2017, 14:00

Sah wrote:
Ultimately it’s about empowering women.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/peopl ... yone-else/

Sah

Postby Sah » 16 Aug 2017, 23:52

Nice write up from UK Vogue:

Victoria Beckham X Estée Lauder Returns
After a critically and commercially successful debut last autumn, Victoria Beckham and Estée Lauder are back with a whole new line-up. Here, Beckham tells Funmi Fetto about the range.

It’s 2pm on an unusually warm spring day in London and I’m hovering outside a suite at Claridge’s Hotel in Mayfair, waiting to meet Victoria Beckham. The pop-idol-turned-fashion designer is about to reveal the second range of products she has created in collaboration with American make-up giant Estée Lauder. When VB x Estée Lauder first debuted in September 2016, it was arguably the biggest beauty launch of the year. The collection - a striking edit of high-performance formulas encased in exquisite packaging - proved a global success, both critically and commercially. Inevitably, this time round, expectations are high. No pressure.

The doors open. “Hello, I’m Victoria,” she says with a smile. Beckham, 43, is dressed in a light sweater and printed skirt combo from her autumn/winter 2017 collection. Her hair is dark and choppy, her skin is glossy, and she wears a slight smoky eye with nude lips. She appears, in other words, exactly as one would expect from a woman sitting at the helm of one of fashion’s most coveted brands, who also happens to be one of the most photographed figures in the world.

Today, however, Beckham is completely upstaged by the products before her. Like the initial release, this collection is inspired by some of Beckham’s favourite cities, including London, and this time, Miami. There are skin perfectors, colourful eyeshadow quads, black eyeliners, highlighters, matt lipsticks - the products cover all bases. Several favourites from the original launch, including the radiance-boosting Morning Aura Illuminating Crème and the Eye Foils, have made a comeback, but there is also plenty of newness.

For the bold and experimental, there’s the Black Cassis lipstick - a rich and sexy dark-blood hue - and an eyeshadow palette in bright orange and deep cobalt. For those who like their make-up understated, there is a natural-looking highlighter called the Aura Gloss, plus a range of nude lip glosses. The textures and formulations are faultless and aesthetically, Beckham has nailed it.

Beckham brought a fashion designer’s approach to the range. “When we first started working on this, I said, ‘Let’s do what we do when developing a fashion collection!’ And so we got out the Pantone book and we literally created this collection like we would a ready-to-wear collection. I wanted to make sure everything looked good together and the overall palette worked.”

The other half of the “we” Beckham refers to is Sarah Creal, Estée Lauder’s lead global partner of initiatives, whom Beckham worked closely with to develop the line. Creal is effusive when speaking about Beckham. “Victoria tests everything, absolutely everything. So if, for instance a product is sticky and her hair gets caught, it’s just not going to fly. From formulas to design, it has all been almost obsessively developed.”

Beckham nods proudly. “The hours we spent agonising over the detail…” she trails off. “But when you see it like this, you realise it was worth it.”

http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/victoria ... er-is-back
Sah

Postby Sah » Yesterday, 00:00

The second collection is starting to get traction in magazines:

UK Cosmopolitan, September 2017:

Peter

Postby Peter » Yesterday, 09:48

/\ any bigger size? It's hard to read the captions, not to mention the rest under:/
Sah

Postby Sah » Yesterday, 10:34

^ It's a thumbnail, click on it.
Peter

Postby Peter » Yesterday, 10:52

/\ lol, I know, are you able to read the captions NOT clicking on the pic then?! :D :P

Return to “Victoria Beckham”