Mannequin starring Posh and James

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26818
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby Javi » 30 Mar 2017, 17:55

I doubt it will be SG songs sonly. No artist ever sings only their songs as far as I know. It will probably be some known hits by other artists and one or two SG songs at much. She's there as VB the celebrity/designer, not Posh Spice.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Sparrow
Posts: 650
Joined: 23 May 2009, 00:47
Gender: Male
Country: Brazil

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby Sparrow » 30 Mar 2017, 17:57

She´s doing "I.O.U." acapella
Image
simby
Posts: 4903
Joined: 23 Apr 2006, 09:48
Location: casa beckham

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby simby » 30 Mar 2017, 17:58

She's there as VB the celebrity/designer, not Posh Spice.[/quote]

:( :( :( :( :(
PoshInMaine
Posts: 1689
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 02:45
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs
Country: United_States
Location: Maine, USA

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby PoshInMaine » 30 Mar 2017, 18:02

What the hell can she sing other than Wannabe and Spice Up Your Life? Maybe Stop? Americans don't know too many Spice songs off the top of their heads, other than hardcore fans at this point. I can't imagine she'd sing a solo song. I'm sure she'll sing other artists too but I don't know who...
User avatar
schizophonic_spice
Posts: 32615
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Location: Scotland, UK

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby schizophonic_spice » 30 Mar 2017, 18:19

Javi wrote:I doubt it will be SG songs sonly. No artist ever sings only their songs as far as I know. It will probably be some known hits by other artists and one or two SG songs at much. She's there as VB the celebrity/designer, not Posh Spice.


I've only watched a few of them but Britney, Madonna and Lady Gaga only did their own songs about 4 or 5 each.

I can see Victoria doing Wannabe and Spice Up Your Life for sure. Say You'll Be There would be likely aswell.

It would be interesting to see her do Let Your Head Go though.
Image
User avatar
wildhope
Posts: 4814
Joined: 03 Oct 2004, 18:57
Previous username(s): crashworld
Location: Real World

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby wildhope » 30 Mar 2017, 18:23

I think most likely she will just do 1-2 Spice Girls' songs (just to shut the people off) and the rest will be mainly her favourite songs or songs that are popular these days.
Image
Sparrow
Posts: 650
Joined: 23 May 2009, 00:47
Gender: Male
Country: Brazil

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby Sparrow » 30 Mar 2017, 18:30

BostonBeebs81 wrote:What the hell can she sing other than Wannabe and Spice Up Your Life? Maybe Stop? Americans don't know too many Spice songs off the top of their heads, other than hardcore fans at this point. I can't imagine she'd sing a solo song. I'm sure she'll sing other artists too but I don't know who...


She could do Wannabe + SUYLife + SYBThere + Stop + TooMuch or Goodbye or Viva

Too Much and Goodbye did ok in the US
Image
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26818
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby Javi » 30 Mar 2017, 18:34

schizophonic_spice wrote:
Javi wrote:I doubt it will be SG songs sonly. No artist ever sings only their songs as far as I know. It will probably be some known hits by other artists and one or two SG songs at much. She's there as VB the celebrity/designer, not Posh Spice.


I've only watched a few of them but Britney, Madonna and Lady Gaga only did their own songs about 4 or 5 each.

I can see Victoria doing Wannabe and Spice Up Your Life for sure. Say You'll Be There would be likely aswell.

It would be interesting to see her do Let Your Head Go though.

You're right. I don't know why I remembered artists singing other hits too, but I just checked and basically everyone I checked only sang their songs except for maybe one song. The only ones that seem to sing average hits are non-singing celebrities, which are a small minority (like Michelle Obama).

With Victoria it's the first time they have a former singer that now doesn't sing, so it will be interesting indeed to see if they pick songs based on her past as a singer (SG + solo) or they treat her as a celebrity and go for a more variated set of hits from other artists. I wouldn't say that recognizing the songs is a key factor here. Jennifer Hudson did her own song and only Spotlight and And I Am Telling You... were known. Not to mention Gary Barlow's with songs that Americans have never heard in their life.

I honestly don't care as long a she actually sings and James attention-seeking Corden doesn't overshadow her.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26818
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby Javi » 30 Mar 2017, 18:37

Sparrow wrote:
BostonBeebs81 wrote:What the hell can she sing other than Wannabe and Spice Up Your Life? Maybe Stop? Americans don't know too many Spice songs off the top of their heads, other than hardcore fans at this point. I can't imagine she'd sing a solo song. I'm sure she'll sing other artists too but I don't know who...


She could do Wannabe + SUYLife + SYBThere + Stop + TooMuch or Goodbye or Viva

Too Much and Goodbye did ok in the US

If she were to do a full SG-related set, then they could easily pick Say You'll Be There, 2 Become 1, Spice Up Your Life, Stop, Wannabe and This Groove as a solo song, since it samples a known hit.

But I just can't see her going all Spice tbh. They'll probably pick 2 SG songs like I mentioned and 3 or 4 known hits.

Whatever she sings, Wannabe and SUYL will be there for sure. Wannabe for obvious reasons and SUYL cause it's the song used on the Target commercial which is the main reason why she's currently doing promo on TV.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
mel2vicem
Posts: 33807
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Kuwait

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby mel2vicem » 30 Mar 2017, 19:38

I didn't know she was good friends with Lisa Kudrow, I guess the kids went to the same school as hers
Sah
Posts: 17409
Joined: 23 Mar 2006, 02:14
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby Sah » 30 Mar 2017, 19:45

^ Yes one of the boys was a school mate with Lisa's son, there were photos of Lisa attending the birthdays when they lived in LA, so they know each other.

OMG, so this is an actual carpool karaoke? Wow, she better fucking bring it, you can't fake this show at all. Look at how much hate Britney and Mariah got over theirs! And I agree that James can be overbearing, but he is so cute, i can't hate on him for it.
Margaret
Posts: 18844
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby Margaret » 30 Mar 2017, 20:21

Must be an April fools joke...
Image
Sah
Posts: 17409
Joined: 23 Mar 2006, 02:14
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby Sah » 30 Mar 2017, 20:26

^Lmao, she and James could legit be trolling us. :satan:
mel2vicem
Posts: 33807
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Kuwait

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby mel2vicem » 30 Mar 2017, 20:35

Oh yeah, it's April 1st in 2 days. Don't they usually keep it underwraps? I was surprised to see her do an Instagram story about it.
User avatar
gugette
Posts: 8542
Joined: 22 May 2005, 17:02

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby gugette » 30 Mar 2017, 20:55

Sah wrote:^Lmao, she and James could legit be trolling us. :satan:


lol, lets hope!
spicyhot
Posts: 4228
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby spicyhot » 31 Mar 2017, 00:02

I hope she comes across really well. I hope she pulls a Geri! (By that I mean how Geri came across well in the documentary she done)
Peter
Posts: 2726
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby Peter » 31 Mar 2017, 00:18

spicyhot wrote:I hope she comes across really well. I hope she pulls a Geri! (By that I mean how Geri came across well in the documentary she done)

Well, until this year sentence "Geri coming across in documentary" would bring only "There's something about Geri" to my mind. And we all know she didn't come across not in the slightest good.
Andre
Posts: 2036
Joined: 21 May 2005, 22:37
Contact:

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby Andre » 31 Mar 2017, 02:41

Her appearance in this Carpool Karaoke is upsetting Melanie B if i believe the tabloids!

So sad!!!
This tune is gonna punish you....
geriboi01
Posts: 156
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 03:54
Gender: Male
Country: United_States
Location: Orange county, CA
Contact:

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby geriboi01 » 31 Mar 2017, 05:20

Image
kamel
Posts: 4536
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 12:12
Gender: Male

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby kamel » 31 Mar 2017, 06:54

They remade the film Mannequin , it was funny tho but its not a whole carpool karaoke tho :( , she did only sing SYUL :)
Image
Margaret
Posts: 18844
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby Margaret » 31 Mar 2017, 06:57

Love it, way better than I expected!
Image
mel2vicem
Posts: 33807
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Kuwait

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby mel2vicem » 31 Mar 2017, 08:58

Well done Sah, you were right
simby
Posts: 4903
Joined: 23 Apr 2006, 09:48
Location: casa beckham

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby simby » 31 Mar 2017, 09:30

where can I watch it?
mel2vicem
Posts: 33807
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Kuwait

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby mel2vicem » 31 Mar 2017, 09:39

simby
Posts: 4903
Joined: 23 Apr 2006, 09:48
Location: casa beckham

Re: Victoria is doing carpool karaoke Tonight!!!

Postby simby » 31 Mar 2017, 10:01

Thank you!

Return to “Victoria Beckham”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gugette and 8 guests