'Half Of Me' - Artwork/Cover

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Re: "Half of me" cover

Postby Fenrik » 02 Oct 2013, 18:10

Looks GREAT!! :love: :love:
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 02 Oct 2013, 18:11

Nobody said it needs to fit the song we're just saying that in our opinion, it should. Also we're talking about Geri Halliwell. Every single cover of hers has been taken from the videoshoot so all of them were related to the song. It wasn't a general comment (at least on my part) but an opinion inside Geri's discography context.

Most fans criticized the Headlines video because it was boring, non-spicy, didn't fit the song and was just an excuse to appear in their underwear. Well, this is exactly the same. Boring, non-Geri, doesn't fit the song and it's just an excuse to appear in her underwear.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 02 Oct 2013, 18:18

oh well... i still like it :D
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 02 Oct 2013, 18:25

Well, we have to remember that Geri's back catalogue dates from 8 to 14 years ago. It was fairly unlikely that her artwork would continue the "single cover is from the video shoot" theme, after all that time + the fact she's on a different label. Not forgetting that there isn't actually a video for this song. So the likelihood for the cover to be a seemingly random photo was very strong.

I actually think the photo suits the mood of the song (pleasant sounding / dreamy), even if it's not a literal reflection on the lyrics. I'm not sure what sort of photo would have necessarily been more appropriate for this single. :think: Although it has a couple of cheeky lyrics in it, overall it's not a hugely feisty or Spicy song.

Also, I'm just overwhelmed/happy that artwork for a new Geri single even exists! Who would have thought it?! It's been a very long time coming. Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I'm more than satisfied. :hunny:
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 02 Oct 2013, 18:28

Jay wrote:Well, we have to remember that Geri's back catalogue dates from 8 to 14 years ago. It was fairly unlikely that her artwork would continue the "single cover is from the video shoot" theme, after all that time + the fact she's on a different label. Not forgetting that there isn't actually a video for this song. So the likelihood for the cover to be a seemingly random photo was very strong.

I actually think the photo suits the mood of the song (pleasant sounding / dreamy), even if it's not a literal reflection on the lyrics. I'm not sure what sort of photo would have necessarily been more appropriate for this single. :think: Although it has a couple of cheeky lyrics in it, overall it's not a hugely feisty or Spicy song.

Also, I'm just overwhelmed/happy that artwork for a new Geri single even exists! Who would have thought it?! It's been a very long time coming. Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I'm more than satisfied. :hunny:

*bows down and runs in excitment*
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 02 Oct 2013, 18:48

Jay wrote:Also, I'm just overwhelmed/happy that artwork for a new Geri single even exists! Who would have thought it?! It's been a very long time coming. Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I'm more than satisfied. :hunny:

This is very much true for me. I like analyzing this sort of stuff because I work with images/videos/etc in my professional life, but it's just nitpicking really. I do think she looks really good and as a fan I'm happy with whatever we get. The most important thing at this point is the music and I'm really pleased with what I've heard so far of her new stuff, especially the single :D
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 02 Oct 2013, 19:30

I like it :love:
mIGU

Postby mIGU » 02 Oct 2013, 19:44

Oh God this is so exciting!
I wonder if this is only avaliable on iTunes AUSTRALIA.
Has anyone checked on their local stores?

I also wished the single would be out this Friday already. Why are they waiting so long? Are they hoping radio will pick up the song next week so it will have some hype and luggage behind it as it is released?
Sounds reasonable
kevilish

Postby kevilish » 02 Oct 2013, 19:47

Lovely cover. Why the hell would it have any reference with the song?
Do you all remember the Passion's back cover? Yet we were happy with that.
Narrator

Postby Narrator » 02 Oct 2013, 19:47

mIGU wrote:I also wished the single would be out this Friday already. Why are they waiting so long? Are they hoping radio will pick up the song next week so it will have some hype and luggage behind it as it is released?
Sounds reasonable

Maybe they're gonna release it to radio and she'll promote it on radio shows and television. Would be awesome to have a few extra TV performances :inlove:
mIGU

Postby mIGU » 02 Oct 2013, 19:55

Narrator wrote:
mIGU wrote:I also wished the single would be out this Friday already. Why are they waiting so long? Are they hoping radio will pick up the song next week so it will have some hype and luggage behind it as it is released?
Sounds reasonable

Maybe they're gonna release it to radio and she'll promote it on radio shows and television. Would be awesome to have a few extra TV performances :inlove:

That is what I am thinking
I mean, songs are released and sent to radios in AUS on friday. Her performance happens on a thrusday so maybe the following Friday will be the radio's first play
With it she will have 3 weeks of 'radio play' alone with hopefully some key promo which will ALL lead to the Oct 25th date where she could PERFORM the song on AGT and boom :love: :love: :love:

TOP10, imagine?!!!?

Anyone can confirm me if this is ONLY avaliable in the AUSTRALIAN ITUNES STORE?
Burberry
Custom Title: French Spiceboy

Postby Burberry » 02 Oct 2013, 20:00

oj i don't like it at all.. find her looking syupid on it.. the bra is pathetic... Was so much expecting a cover like the last photoshoot on the beautiful car
Snapchat : Buckingham01
Lorraine
Custom Title: Old Hollywood Spice

Postby Lorraine » 02 Oct 2013, 20:10

Can't find it on I-Tunes UK..
gerifan20
Custom Title: gerifan20

Postby gerifan20 » 02 Oct 2013, 20:28

You can only get it in Itunes Australia!

I tried to pre order it , but it wouldnt let me . :(
mIGU

Postby mIGU » 02 Oct 2013, 20:45

Lorraine wrote:Can't find it on I-Tunes UK..

I hope they at least release it worldwide like MelB
I understand her not releasing in the UK cause she might want to focus on it alone later on BUT the rest of world wont have actual promo anyway so why not just get it out like MelB and secure Sony and Geri a few pennies?

It costs over $10 only to have a song uploaded to iTunes
Narrator

Postby Narrator » 02 Oct 2013, 20:51

^ Unfortunately I have a feeling it'll be an Australia only affair. Mel B is different because she released it on her own, she can do whatever she wants. Geri just signed a contract and as far as we know from the last few reports she's only releasing the new music in the Australian market so far.

So please get accustomed to that idea and don't throw a hissy fit like you did in the Beresford gig thread when you find out it probably won't be available anywhere else. ;)
sposh_rick

Postby sposh_rick » 02 Oct 2013, 21:18

Oh It looks great!!!!!
This is the link from the Australian Itunes Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/half- ... d718640086

:S
alee

Postby alee » 02 Oct 2013, 21:20

Love it so much. :love:
Ginger_Fan

Postby Ginger_Fan » 02 Oct 2013, 21:35

The website I can see, but on Polish iTunes not available too. So only Australia :(

"Thanks God for the young, they keep the world turning,
to win the war is not to play the games"
Azaria

Postby Azaria » 02 Oct 2013, 21:39

Can't say I care for it too much, I think it's the brush. It doesn't seem realistic at all. It just looks like it was photoshopped on. She looks great though!
Download my free EP! Featuring covers of songs by One Direction, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Lindsay Lohan, and Christina Aguilera!
http://www.facebook.com/azariamageemusic
-Raul-

Postby -Raul- » 02 Oct 2013, 21:40

@ListenAnyway
Cory-Jayne
Previous username(s): Corky & CoryJ

Postby Cory-Jayne » 02 Oct 2013, 21:43

I LOVE IT! It's a nice picture. I really hope it will eventually get a worldwide release.. is that too far fetched?
Echo
Custom Title: Problem Solver

Postby Echo » 02 Oct 2013, 21:45

Can you buy from an iTunes store outside of the country you live in? I'm in the UK, but will be really pissed if I can't buy the single - I need the studio version of this song!
Ginger_Fan

Postby Ginger_Fan » 02 Oct 2013, 21:50

Echo wrote:Can you buy from an iTunes store outside of the country you live in? I'm in the UK, but will be really pissed if I can't buy the single - I need the studio version of this song!

It's only in Autralia :( so outside Australia these moments it's impossible...

"Thanks God for the young, they keep the world turning,
to win the war is not to play the games"
Toefje
Banned

Postby Toefje » 02 Oct 2013, 21:52

:whistle:
Last edited by Toefje on 19 Nov 2013, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Geri Halliwell”