4th Album Thread | Recording New Songs

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
alexgirardii
Custom Title: back in business

Re: 4th Album Thread | Recording new songs

Postby alexgirardii » 31 May 2017, 04:06

For me it's CLEAR LIKE WATER that she doesn't want to release it. If she want it, it's VERY CHEAP to put your songs on Spotify, Deezer, iTunes, Google Music, or any streaming service and get payed. It's so easy one of my friends work on a internet company that does that FOR FREE for any indie artist who want to get profit of their music on official platforms. I don't feel she wants to just make music and release it. She have money like Melanie C (who owns her label and released 5 albums by Red Girl).
If she wants to be free to record what she wants, it makes sense. But then she record a lot of music and don't release anything.
I think she wants a good label deal.
Schurli_22

Postby Schurli_22 » 31 May 2017, 10:53

Isn´t she sign a record deal in march?
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 31 May 2017, 12:34

alexgirardii wrote:For me it's CLEAR LIKE WATER that she doesn't want to release it. If she want it, it's VERY CHEAP to put your songs on Spotify, Deezer, iTunes, Google Music, or any streaming service and get payed. It's so easy one of my friends work on a internet company that does that FOR FREE for any indie artist who want to get profit of their music on official platforms. I don't feel she wants to just make music and release it. She have money like Melanie C (who owns her label and released 5 albums by Red Girl).
If she wants to be free to record what she wants, it makes sense. But then she record a lot of music and don't release anything.

SHe is old style.
She is recording bcs she likes to do and taking different directions according her mood and meanwhile is waiting for a label to sign her properly. When Sony AUstralia wanted her she released Half of me in a messy second, so that's all...a fucking label to release the album.
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
ep7210

Postby ep7210 » 01 Jun 2017, 09:02

Fulvio84 wrote:
alexgirardii wrote:For me it's CLEAR LIKE WATER that she doesn't want to release it. If she want it, it's VERY CHEAP to put your songs on Spotify, Deezer, iTunes, Google Music, or any streaming service and get payed. It's so easy one of my friends work on a internet company that does that FOR FREE for any indie artist who want to get profit of their music on official platforms. I don't feel she wants to just make music and release it. She have money like Melanie C (who owns her label and released 5 albums by Red Girl).

SHe is old style.
She is recording bcs she likes to do and taking different directions according her mood and meanwhile is waiting for a label to sign her properly. When Sony AUstralia wanted her she released Half of me in a messy second, so that's all...a fucking label to release the album.

Nowaday selling music doesn't make money (cannot cover the cost), so she is looking for a record company who would promote her and she could earn from publicity and live shows, like what Melanie C has been doing. So, she won't just put the music online.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 01 Jun 2017, 09:15

Can we stop with selling music doesn't make money, the music industry is more profitable now than it has been in a long while thanks to streaming.

Geri hasn't released an album because it would flop. She isn't prepared to take the hit financially and neither is a record label.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 01 Jun 2017, 15:55

The expensive part about recording an album is the writing/recording/producing/mastering process, which is exactly the process she's been repeating over and over for the past 7 years. Once that part is done, releasing an album is 100% free, if you do a digital release, or affordable if you start with an online-only physical release and produce only those albums that you've sold. Once you have the mastered album, the only economic risk is to actually release it to stores and end up with a lot of unsold physical albums.

Therefore I hope Geri's reluctance to release music has another explanation, because if her fear of flopping and losing money is what it's stopping her, she really needs to talk with someone that actually makes her realize that it's 2017 and you have a lot of ways to release music and make it a profitable project. Specially with someone like Geri, that has fans worldwide and even if she doesn't sell "that much" in each country, the total amount of sold records worldwide should be enough to break even. Specially, like I said, if she does a digital-only release and/or an online physical sale on her site.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 01 Jun 2017, 16:12

Geri wants the backing of a label. Preferably large one, like EMI, Universal, Warner, etc.

She will never release an album independently.
kamel

Postby kamel » 01 Jun 2017, 16:14

Javi wrote:The expensive part about recording an album is the writing/recording/producing/mastering process, which is exactly the process she's been repeating over and over for the past 7 years. Once that part is done, releasing an album is 100% free, if you do a digital release, or affordable if you start with an online-only physical release and produce only those albums that you've sold. Once you have the mastered album, the only economic risk is to actually release it to stores and end up with a lot of unsold physical albums.

Therefore I hope Geri's reluctance to release music has another explanation, because if her fear of flopping and losing money is what it's stopping her, she really needs to talk with someone that actually makes her realize that it's 2017 and you have a lot of ways to release music and make it a profitable project. Specially with someone like Geri, that has fans worldwide and even if she doesn't sell "that much" in each country, the total amount of sold records worldwide should be enough to break even. Specially, like I said, if she does a digital-only release and/or an online physical sale on her site.

She needs to talk about it with Mel C, i kinda feel like she enjoying recording music but for herself not for us fans, she likes to record music for herself :death:
Javi

Postby Javi » 01 Jun 2017, 18:16

Andreas wrote:Geri wants the backing of a label. Preferably large one, like EMI, Universal, Warner, etc.

She will never release an album independently.

My guess is that she's totally lost in nowadays music business. MOTM leaked and instead of making a quick cash-in digital release on iTunes vía Red Girl Records or similar, she decided to reject everything and start again from scratch.
SomeonesBaby

Postby SomeonesBaby » 01 Jun 2017, 20:28

Do we know for sure that Geri didn't initiate the MOTM leak?

It would be a very kind thing to do, especially if she wanted to start with fresh songs [without having the ones we have now go unheard]?
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 01 Jun 2017, 21:09

Geri was devastated when it leaked. It did not come from her. The album- or at least parts of it- was still very much considered for inclusion on a possible release (once signed to a label agreeing to release an album).

But since they leaked she decided to scrape them altogether, like she did with the other one.

I guess she doesn't see any point in releasing an album with new music that has partially or in full already leaked (who could blame her).

Personally I love that we have these songs, seeing some of them would've gone unheard even if she eventually released an album. But at the same time it pains me that we will only ever have them in low quality and not proppper HQ.

The crime that they were leaked against her will- and most probably (as all evidence points to) a fan, is an entirely different matter.

Javi wrote:My guess is that she's totally lost in nowadays music business. MOTM leaked and instead of making a quick cash-in digital release on iTunes vía Red Girl Records or similar, she decided to reject everything and start again from scratch.

Disappointment hit her hard I guess, as she was very happy with the sound she was creating, even if it sounded a bit like naive folk-pop.

But yes, she doesn't feel comfortable with an independent release, or how "easy" it is to get things out there. She's used to a certain way, and that's how she wants it/expects it to be.

I also don't think she realises that there is not much money to make from music sales these days. Not the way she made her money, both with the group and as a solo artist. Artists don't make their money selling albums or singles anymore, not even streaming. She would need to tour for it to pay off. And that's not going to happen...
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 02 Jun 2017, 03:00

The thing to remember, though, is that many fans from our era still haven't made the jump to streaming-only. A lot of us still buy actual copies of the music. Definitely not as much as we used to, but it's still a big part of Mel C's market, as far as I know.

A Geri tour wouldn't sell. She'd have to be a part of some other small tour with other artists. And it'd have to be a small-time theatre tour, definitely not arenas.

Honestly, she should just put something together that she's mostly happy with, throw it on iTunes so fans can have it, do a few press interviews "Here I am, here's what I've been working on, it's different, but I like it and I hope you do, too." and call it a day.
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 08 Jun 2017, 02:11

sammy01 wrote:Can we stop with selling music doesn't make money, the music industry is more profitable now than it has been in a long while thanks to streaming.

Geri hasn't released an album because it would flop. She isn't prepared to take the hit financially and neither is a record label.

this.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Alberto!

Postby Alberto! » 08 Jun 2017, 09:57

The Daily Record randomly reports today that Geri has signed with Warner and is set to release a single.
Javi

Postby Javi » 08 Jun 2017, 12:51

I'll believe it when I see it. If Mel B has taught us something is that signing a record deal doesn't guarantee any kind of music release.

kamel

Postby kamel » 08 Jun 2017, 15:15

Javi wrote:I'll believe it when I see it. If Mel B has taught us something is that signing a record deal doesn't guarantee any kind of music release.

She will release it at her kitchen.Another album gonna end up there :death:
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 08 Jun 2017, 19:54

I had forgotten Mel signed a record deal

Pity nothing came out of it
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 09 Jun 2017, 00:00

Alberto! wrote:The Daily Record randomly reports today that Geri has signed with Warner and is set to release a single.

Link?
Emma Station |
SourSpice

Postby SourSpice » 09 Jun 2017, 18:20

An announcement is coming in three days. This was posted as her facebook cover photo.

mattchat

Postby mattchat » 09 Jun 2017, 18:44

It's HAPPENING guys . She's just updated her profile picture to a picture of her behind a microphone. I just hope she has a few camp classics on there!
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 09 Jun 2017, 18:46

OMG yes :love:
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 09 Jun 2017, 19:18

Exciting :D
GeriPopLover

Postby GeriPopLover » 09 Jun 2017, 19:21

For the love of God... FINALLY *NEW MUSIC*!!
"Just because it's Pop, doesn't mean it has to be crap." - Geri Halliwell
Geri Halliwell Supporter!
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 09 Jun 2017, 20:31

New music... pfft. In three days she's probably going to release her new Next bikini collection. Or biodegradable nappies.
kamel

Re: 4th Album Thread | Announcement this Monday

Postby kamel » 09 Jun 2017, 21:11

I dont think its about her music, i think she will announce that she will do a documantary about George Michael for BBC or something about Wham or she will be a tv judge again , i hope im wrong :Angel:

Return to “Geri Halliwell”