New song clip (Lockdown)

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
PeruvianSpice

Re: New song clip (Lockdown)

Postby PeruvianSpice » 28 Feb 2016, 18:16

I knew it sounded a bit different... so it's been slowed down
NearlyCivilized
Custom Title: vegans do it better

Postby NearlyCivilized » 28 Feb 2016, 20:58

Loving the clips! If nothing else, it shows us that she's got the album on her mind.
And can we stop calling her a "boring" housewife? The lady bakes at home....Then she leaves the house looking gorgeous and travels the world.
:D
@jonnyrecord #horror
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 28 Feb 2016, 21:00

NearlyCivilized wrote:Loving the clips! If nothing else, it shows us that she's got the album on her mind.
And can we stop calling her a "boring" housewife? The lady bakes at home....Then she leaves the house looking gorgeous and travels the world.

Trophy wife then.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Khokhma

Postby Khokhma » 28 Feb 2016, 21:12

Can you imagine all these clips as b sides in the end? :DD that would be fun :DDD but I love Back to Business and especially this latest version...Now I understand what she meant the album concept was meant for the older ladies....and wonder how Sheriff sounds like...
NearlyCivilized
Custom Title: vegans do it better

Postby NearlyCivilized » 28 Feb 2016, 21:14

sammy01 wrote:
NearlyCivilized wrote:Loving the clips! If nothing else, it shows us that she's got the album on her mind.

Trophy wife then.

:rolleyes:
the important thing is, we as a community of Geri fans are supportive and happy that she seems so happy.
(:
@jonnyrecord #horror
kamel

Postby kamel » 29 Feb 2016, 00:46

There is nothing wrong for someone enjoying baking .i dont find her boring.
Last edited by kamel on 29 Feb 2016, 05:36, edited 1 time in total.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 29 Feb 2016, 01:02

anyone else not listening to the clips? at this rate there will be nothing new to hear if and when the albam is actually released :think: x
_Douglas_

Postby _Douglas_ » 29 Feb 2016, 01:33

I like the upbeat songs much more than the others! Bring it out, Geri!!
rusty_nail

Postby rusty_nail » 29 Feb 2016, 01:36

I think there's a good chance this Lockdown song is "Fuck Me"...the title that's been floating around with writing credits for a while.

The last line of lyrics are "But you really want to *clap* *clap* tonight..."

I think we're hearing the censored version...and I guess that's fine to listen to with two kids in the room...?

Anyway. I'm not hearing enough of that one to form an opinion, but Back in Business sounds good to me.
Travis

Postby Travis » 29 Feb 2016, 06:01

Does anyone else think its weird she's listening to her own music like that? And who is filming the videos? The whole thing seems forced and slightly contrived to me. Oh well, doesn't mean I'm less excited for the music! Put the album out already, Geri!
muppet

Postby muppet » 29 Feb 2016, 08:32

I think Geri's voice on Lockdown sounds quite good, I think Back in Business sounds like a bad track from 13 years ago. Sorry.

I think it's fairly clear this woman does not have a clue about who she is or how she wants to be perceived. She should put out music she is pleased with for herself as the last hurrah and let everything else fall by the wayside. It's never going to mesh with what fans want, the critics will support or whatever. She's putting a lot of money and time into this and frankly she's ruining relationships with producers and writers and is clueless. Fear has her by the throat, she just needs to stop pretending MUSIC IS HER LIFE!! it's all about perception for her.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 29 Feb 2016, 11:59

rusty_nail wrote:I think there's a good chance this Lockdown song is "Fuck Me"...the title that's been floating around with writing credits for a while.

The last line of lyrics are "But you really want to *clap* *clap* tonight..."

I think we're hearing the censored version...and I guess that's fine to listen to with two kids in the room...?

Good point, I think you're probably right!

Need to hear more but it sounds good to me, and it's proof that by "acoustic" and "raw" it doesn't mean all songs will be slow ballads ;)

I LOVE the new "Back in Business" instrumental! It's a little slower but it sounds more groovy with the disco-y 70s guitar *.*
mrvb_19

Postby mrvb_19 » 29 Feb 2016, 13:26

Travis wrote:Does anyone else think its weird she's listening to her own music like that? And who is filming the videos? The whole thing seems forced and slightly contrived to me. Oh well, doesn't mean I'm less excited for the music! Put the album out already, Geri!

Lol. It got me thinking too. Maybe to boost her ego or something.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 29 Feb 2016, 14:26

Can you imagine the embarrassment for Bluebell though, she has a friend over and mum puts her own fuddy duddy music on not letting them listen to Little Mix or Bieber, poor kid.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
kamel

Postby kamel » 29 Feb 2016, 14:31

sammy01 wrote:Can you imagine the embarrassment for Bluebell though, she has a friend over and mum puts her own fuddy duddy music on not letting them listen to Little Mix or Bieber, poor kid.

Bluebell hates Bieber :devil: :hunny:
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 29 Feb 2016, 14:43

Remember in her autobiography she said she used to play her own music to children to get their reactions as they were very honest and truthful.
Sam Rogers-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Sam Rogers-Bennett » 29 Feb 2016, 18:45

I prefer these new clips. She sounds better singing lower and huskier like she used to. I hate how high and forced her new voice sounds. This sound so much better and more like Geri
Trace Adam

Postby Trace Adam » 29 Feb 2016, 19:50

mrvb_19 wrote:
Travis wrote:Does anyone else think its weird she's listening to her own music like that? And who is filming the videos? The whole thing seems forced and slightly contrived to me. Oh well, doesn't mean I'm less excited for the music! Put the album out already, Geri!

I don't think it's weird at all. When I'm remixing something I listen to it over and over even when I'm doing regular household stuff just to see if there's something I may have missed and still want to change about it. Once a song is out there, it's out there and you (usually) can't change it. I imagine she feels the same.
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 29 Feb 2016, 22:22

Samuel-Bennett wrote:I prefer these new clips. She sounds better singing lower and huskier like she used to. I hate how high and forced her new voice sounds. This sound so much better and more like Geri

This , she sounds much better like that it suits her very well ;)
gay4geri
Custom Title: JUST SO GAY 4 GERI

Postby gay4geri » 01 Mar 2016, 01:20

I don't like this one... it sounds like old Geri but kind of dated and not cool at all... I prefer I got a name tbh.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 03 Mar 2016, 00:52

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:anyone else not listening to the clips? at this rate there will be nothing new to hear if and when the albam is actually released :think: x

I`m with you!!! I`ll wait for the album to be released as I dont want to ruin my listening experience with spoilers like this. :Angel:
Jer

Postby Jer » 03 Mar 2016, 06:21

Fenrik wrote:
Vomiting Porpoise wrote:anyone else not listening to the clips? at this rate there will be nothing new to hear if and when the albam is actually released :think: x

I`m with you!!! I`ll wait for the album to be released as I dont want to ruin my listening experience with spoilers like this. :Angel:

GeriPopLover

Postby GeriPopLover » 31 Mar 2016, 16:45

WOWWW!!! These songs are really good! I'm extremely impressed... The rest should be more dance/pop and maybe one pop ballad.
"Just because it's Pop, doesn't mean it has to be crap." - Geri Halliwell
Geri Halliwell Supporter!
Gonnabe

Postby Gonnabe » 31 Mar 2016, 18:08

Trace Adam wrote:
mrvb_19 wrote:

I don't think it's weird at all. When I'm remixing something I listen to it over and over even when I'm doing regular household stuff just to see if there's something I may have missed and still want to change about it. Once a song is out there, it's out there and you (usually) can't change it. I imagine she feels the same.

She is not listening to her music. She is only trying to get people interested in her music.
Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Apr 2016, 19:16

I lover those clips, definitely am buying that album when it's released!!! Missed her voice in something new, miss all of them Spices to be honest:/

Return to “Geri Halliwell”