Baker Spice Geri is on cover of you Mag

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
sammy01

Re: Baker Spice Geri is on cover of you Mag

Postby sammy01 » 06 Mar 2016, 11:25

She looks great in the pics and glad she shuts down the idea of the girls just celebrating the anniversary together.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
sluttyspice

Postby sluttyspice » 06 Mar 2016, 11:28

Love the interview and the pics!!!!! She's so inspiring
this dress is dry clean only melanie!!!!!!!!!!!!
kittie

Postby kittie » 06 Mar 2016, 11:39

I love the article and the pictures! :)
kamel

Postby kamel » 06 Mar 2016, 11:47

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:I might nip out for this in a bit xx

Thnx :hug: :hug:
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 06 Mar 2016, 12:42

might scan it later dolls x
Rah Baby
Custom Title: Rah Baby

Postby Rah Baby » 06 Mar 2016, 15:41

Geri, what a shot! This is just SO controversial.
This is Ginger f*** Spice, the one who was always telling us how much Woman should come out of the kitchen and rule the world. I feel disappointed. So now we're supposed to believe Girl Power is all about bakery and pleasing your husband? C'mon Geri!
rui_mcardoso

Postby rui_mcardoso » 06 Mar 2016, 16:03

Can I post the pics of the mag pages here?
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 06 Mar 2016, 16:26

Rah Baby wrote:Geri, what a shot! This is just SO controversial.
This is Ginger f*** Spice, the one who was always telling us how much Woman should come out of the kitchen and rule the world. I feel disappointed. So now we're supposed to believe Girl Power is all about bakery and pleasing your husband? C'mon Geri!

I don't really think she was saying that at all... More like, if that's what women want to do, fine. Raising children and a family is just as powerful and fulfilling for a lot of women... seems she's enjoying doing that. I get it, she's not had that family unit before, after so many years of doing everything by herself.

As a public figure, and as a fan, it's a bit boring suresure, but it's nice to see her happily settled.

Also, it doesn't look like she actually said "being a housewife is liberating" more like the Daily Mail has paraphrased for a better headline :D.
Bubble_Butt
Previous username(s): Irish_Eyes
Custom Title: OxyMORON

Postby Bubble_Butt » 06 Mar 2016, 16:41

Surely you can do both, rule the world with a whisk in your hand?

She's already ruled the world, achieved more in the past 20 years than many of us will do in our life time.

Plus, girl power was always about CHOICE. They always said you can wear your mini skirt but wear it because you want to, not because you feel you have to. And marriage is about giving yourself to another person, but also receiving the same from your partner. Im not sure why you have such a problem with Geri leading a more conventional life. Its what shes always wanted and yearned for. But it doesn't take away her womanhood or all her achievements by any means.
Bubble_Butt
Previous username(s): Irish_Eyes
Custom Title: OxyMORON

Postby Bubble_Butt » 06 Mar 2016, 16:48

-Claudia- wrote:

I don't really think she was saying that at all... More like, if that's what women want to do, fine. Raising children and a family is just as powerful and fulfilling for a lot of women... seems she's enjoying doing that. I get it, she's not had that family unit before, after so many years of doing everything by herself.

As a public figure, and as a fan, it's a bit boring suresure, but it's nice to see her happily settled.

Also, it doesn't look like she actually said "being a housewife is liberating" more like the Daily Mail has paraphrased for a better headline :D.

They probably did paraphrase but even if she did say it, that should be fine. She probably means it in the sense that she felt trapped in her own world before. Now she has what she always wanted, that would feel liberating I guess?
mrssmith626
Custom Title: MGMVE

Postby mrssmith626 » 06 Mar 2016, 16:58

sammy01 wrote:
mrssmith626 wrote:So, um, guys, I'm a housewife and have been for the last four years. I don't see how it could NOT be seen as liberating. I get to do whatever I want all day long and all I have to do is meet the basic needs of my child.

Being financially secure because of your husband is not liberating! It is the exact opposite, it is dependant, liberated means free.

And because of having that financial security, I am FREE to do whatever I want with my time instead of being a wage slave.

I just love this third wave feminist bullshit, "Women should be able to do whatever they want!! (Unless they want to fill traditional gender roles and be a wife and mom. We have no respect for those women doing what they want."

And any of you who think that Geri's priorities and viewpoints on life should be the same as they were 20 years ago need to accept reality. You're probably the assholes who comment "dye your hair red again" on every single Instagram post.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 06 Mar 2016, 17:05

sammy01 wrote:
mrssmith626 wrote:So, um, guys, I'm a housewife and have been for the last four years. I don't see how it could NOT be seen as liberating. I get to do whatever I want all day long and all I have to do is meet the basic needs of my child.

Being financially secure because of your husband is not liberating! It is the exact opposite, it is dependant, liberated means free.

It's been already confirmed that she is richer than him. She's hardly dependent on him.

-------------

Great pictures, awful cover quote.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 06 Mar 2016, 17:41

IER wrote:
sammy01 wrote:

It's been already confirmed that she is richer than him. She's hardly dependent on him.

I wasn't talking about Geri :dizzy:
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
kittie

Postby kittie » 06 Mar 2016, 23:31

mrssmith626 wrote:
sammy01 wrote:

And because of having that financial security, I am FREE to do whatever I want with my time instead of being a wage slave.

I just love this third wave feminist bullshit, "Women should be able to do whatever they want!! (Unless they want to fill traditional gender roles and be a wife and mom. We have no respect for those women doing what they want."

And any of you who think that Geri's priorities and viewpoints on life should be the same as they were 20 years ago need to accept reality. You're probably the assholes who comment "dye your hair red again" on every single Instagram post.

Despite not being a housewife, I agree so much with you, mrssmith! I'm so tired to hear from other people how one should feel nowadays as a "modern woman". :death: (Also, I am working 40 hours a week, have 25 holidays a year - that is not what I would call "being free" and "liberated".)
Rah Baby
Custom Title: Rah Baby

Postby Rah Baby » 07 Mar 2016, 03:28

Hahahaha anyway, she's now Baker Spice!
gay4geri
Custom Title: JUST SO GAY 4 GERI

Postby gay4geri » 07 Mar 2016, 11:42

Think the article is is a bit blaaaah! But she looks so pretty and I love the styling on her, she could maybe try something other than a pointed pump though lol x
Javi

Postby Javi » 07 Mar 2016, 13:01

sammy01 wrote:
IER wrote:
sammy01 wrote:

I wasn't talking about Geri :dizzy:

Oops! My bad, I read your reply only. Sorry.
Javi

Postby Javi » 07 Mar 2016, 13:11

This whole thing reminds me of the 'Mona Lisa Smile' movie, where Julia Roberts tries to show some really intelligent girls in college that they can aim for bigger plans than getting married and be housewives, like being lawyers, doctors and other important jobs.

At the end of the movie, one of them which was supposed to be a lawyer, decides to be a housewife and Julia Roberts goes mad until she realizes the girl actually chose to be a housewife cause that's what she wanted, not what society forced her to be. So, at the end of the day, that decision was as valid as being a lawyer cause she followed her real desire.

I guess this situation is the same. Geri has been an independent woman for 40 years and now she has chosen to be a housewife. I think it's a fair decision if that's what makes her happy. Obviously it clashes with everything she preached while being a Spice Girl but, at the end of the day, what the Spice Girls wanted was that women chose their own paths, and if being a housewife is what Geri chose (not what she was forced to be), then it's fine. Obviously it doesn't "help" other women and it doesn't empower them to become the better versions of themselves, but it does follow her real desire of the current situation of her life.

Having said that, I still think the cover quote is awful, no matter how much of a truth it is for her. Cause she's free to follow the path she feels comfortable with, but spreading the word that being a housewife is liberating might lead other women to go back in time and get in the kitchen cause that's the "easy, liberating life", instead of actually focusing on their dreams, even if they're harder to achieve. One thing is to choose that lifestyle for you, and a different thing is to empower other women to do the same so they can feel liberated.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 07 Mar 2016, 13:42

You can read the article on Daily Mail and she never said that actual quote in the article though.
Gonnabe

Postby Gonnabe » 07 Mar 2016, 14:50

I think she is trying to do Madonna again. This time she is doing the 2005 version this time. Like some people mentioned, the actual quote is not mentioned in the interview, but the whole thing is like a democrat turned into a republican. She looks nice in the cover. She looks too fragile in the rest of the photoshoot and basically she talked about everything yet said nothing at all. Nothing about her new music (although she let the music talk for itself the other day...) nothing (new) about a reunion.

I can't wait to read her new novel. Her first (If only) was pretty good.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 07 Mar 2016, 17:25

^ If Only is an autobiography, not a novel! :p

I don't have a huge problem with the headline, if it's really how she feels - although it is a bit strange that the quote doesn't appear in the interview, it does make you wonder if she said it at all or if it's paraphrasing.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 07 Mar 2016, 18:07

hmm maybe if she was a teenage and her 1st experience out of school was being a housewife and said it was liberating, then yeah... that would seem like she chose the path out of pressure by the society

but a woman who's ruled the world and has done EVERYTHING, this is a choice... she has the experience to compare this to being a pop star or whatever...

i know the headline might look bad, but it's the press and whoever reads it that take it to their interpretation
Jer

Postby Jer » 07 Mar 2016, 23:36

Narrator wrote:You can read the article on Daily Mail and she never said that actual quote in the article though.

You magazine knew what they were doing when they titled the article the way they did. Cheeky editors.
Gramq

Postby Gramq » 08 Mar 2016, 18:45

Is it Geri Halliwell or Horner? :/
mrssmith626
Custom Title: MGMVE

Postby mrssmith626 » 10 Mar 2016, 01:02

kittie wrote:
mrssmith626 wrote:
sammy01 wrote:

Despite not being a housewife, I agree so much with you, mrssmith! I'm so tired to hear from other people how one should feel nowadays as a "modern woman". :death: (Also, I am working 40 hours a week, have 25 holidays a year - that is not what I would call "being free" and "liberated".)

Thank you!

Return to “Geri Halliwell”