Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
*Babyboy*
Previous username(s): babymen

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby *Babyboy* » 23 Jun 2017, 20:34

She had just a few days for sales..... her team should release it friday!
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 23 Jun 2017, 21:06

PoshInMaine wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:I don't really care about the chart position. It made #21 on itunes which was her big achievement as did anyone expect that? Doubtful.

The days of her having a chart hit on the official charts are over. Steps could only scrape the top 40 with a fantastic number 1 worthy track like Scared of the Dark and look at All Saints.

It's all about how the album does for this era of artists now and while I don't think she'd sell a huge load of that either I think she could score another top 40 album like Melanie C for sure.

We should grateful for new music not worrying about the charts. Geri had her big solo era and those 4 consecutive number 1s will be her long standing achievement as a solo artist.

I 100% agree.

Me three.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 23 Jun 2017, 21:22

daredavid wrote:No shade at all, it's just an undeniable reality.

She has good intentions, even though it might seem like she's trying to revive an interest in her career by exploiting George Michael's legacy and the relationship they shared, but the song and the production is atrocious, and sadly, the fact that it's a charity single means that it should receive more support towards that cause that she's trying to bring awareness to, and at this rate, the amount she's going to be giving away based on her sales is less than 30 pounds, which is just embarrassing for an artist of her stature and level

She did much better than the 200 copies of half of me. And even though it's not her best song. It's better than half man on the mountain.

Now that she realized that she can't revive her career, maybe she will start doing it for the fans and not the charts or the critics. Maybe she will officially upload man on the mountain for the fans and start having fun once more.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 23 Jun 2017, 21:58

The song really didn't deserve to chart, it is just rubbish. Geri can certainly do better and I just know no one in here would give it a 2nd listen if it wasn't by Geri.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
kamel

Postby kamel » 23 Jun 2017, 22:26

sammy01 wrote:The song really didn't deserve to chart, it is just rubbish. Geri can certainly do better and I just know no one in here would give it a 2nd listen if it wasn't by Geri.

Yea thats true but I'm happy she is releasing something, and being creative, this is better than posting baking vids on Instagram
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 23 Jun 2017, 22:58

sammy01 wrote:The song really didn't deserve to chart, it is just rubbish. Geri can certainly do better and I just know no one in here would give it a 2nd listen if it wasn't by Geri.

Same could be said by more or less any given song by any of the girls (give or take a few exceptions).

I mean Not such an innocent girl? Here it comes again? Today? Lift Me Up? This Groove? If that were me? Take my breath away? We're not gonna sleep tonight? [insert 8 songs from Forever album here]?

I mean, come on! It's a Spice girls and solo forum! :laugh:
RockmusicTim

Postby RockmusicTim » 23 Jun 2017, 23:01

One could wonder how it is possible that even in here everyone can hear that the song is rubbish, but Geri and a full team of experienced backing singers and producere don't..

But ok I was having the same thoughts when Dear Life was released.

Anyway, even though the song is not so great, Geri is singin it nicely
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 23 Jun 2017, 23:42

Oh I agree there are plenty of duds in the solo spice discography. I mean I get the song is for charity but the profits will be minimal (itunes takes 40p for every sale made) and I just cant imagine anyone actively wanting to listen to this in a months time.

I guess as an album track dedicated to George it would have been a nice if maybe skipable track.

After 12 years this is such a whimper of a comeback, I mean is anyone really excited by any of it bar it is by Geri and she hasnt released in ages. The reason for the release has left this comeback with a 'awwwww that is nice' feel at absolute best.

Half of me was pants but it was very Geri, it was fun. Serious Geri is just painful as she hasnt the voice or performing skills to sell a serious song.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
jaymimauk

Postby jaymimauk » 23 Jun 2017, 23:47

:) :grin: I quite like the song, not her best but it is not the worst solo spice song at all. That honour belongs to "If that were me" In my opinion

Also I agree re charts, all the singers and bands I like do nothing in the singles charts. It's all about album
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 24 Jun 2017, 00:09

I think this was a good song for her to dip her toe back in, after such a long time away. The song is not particularly to my taste but it's inoffensive and the idea behind it being for George is nice.

I hope the positive response she's had will give her the confidence to try releasing more.
ilovepollo
Previous username(s): Josesainz19, Josealcazar87

Postby ilovepollo » 24 Jun 2017, 14:04

jaymimauk wrote:not her best but it is not the worst solo spice song at all. That honour belongs to "If that were me" In my opinion

Whaaat?!?! Thank god it's only your opinion. I can't compare "If that were me" with "Angels in chains", It's like compare "Thriller" with "Despacito".
ITWM isn't a very good song, but is way better than songs like Headlines, Lullaby, Calling (the worst ever...), All I need to know, every song from Passion, and this Angels in chains.
Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Jun 2017, 14:22

ilovepollo wrote:
jaymimauk wrote:not her best but it is not the worst solo spice song at all. That honour belongs to "If that were me" In my opinion

Whaaat?!?! Thank god it's only your opinion. I can't compare "If that were me" with "Angels in chains", It's like compare "Thriller" with "Despacito".
ITWM isn't a very good song, but is way better than songs like Headlines, Lullaby, Calling (the worst ever...), All I need to know, every song from Passion, and this Angels in chains.

You must be joking. Calling is one of the best Spice related things ever.
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 24 Jun 2017, 14:28

ilovepollo wrote:

Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 25 Jun 2017, 02:44

ilovepollo wrote:

EXCUSE ME??????!!!!!!!

Headlines is one of the best Spice Ballad. It is at par with 2B1, VF and Goodbye. If oly it was released in the 90s it would've been another number 1.

You only say Headlines is crap because it did not do well in the charts. Now let me tell you this. If 2B1, VF or Goodbye was released in 2007, it will be lucky to enter the Top 40.
Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Jun 2017, 02:52

DaniSpiceBoy wrote:
ilovepollo wrote:

LOL! Love this MiMi gif!!!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 25 Jun 2017, 12:13

Amaranthine18 wrote:Now let me tell you this. If 2B1, VF or Goodbye was released in 2007, it will be lucky to enter the Top 40.

Andreas

Postby Andreas » 25 Jun 2017, 16:09

Amaranthine18 wrote:Now let me tell you this. If 2B1, VF or Goodbye was released in 2007, it will be lucky to enter the Top 40.

Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 26 Jun 2017, 13:43

It's up on iTunes to #147 (was 160 yesterday). And ~ 42,000 streams on Spotify.
Kevsie

Postby Kevsie » 26 Jun 2017, 15:41

Hopefully the one show will help it climb again
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 26 Jun 2017, 15:46

The UK chart is set to have a rule change, starting from the chart of 7th July: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.ph ... &p=5745676

It's all rather complicated stuff about data manipulation, but I think the main thing to take from it is that it'll benefit new releases. I reckon Geri would have stood a greater chance of charting under these conditions, so it's a shame the new rules are being introduced a little too late.
Sam Rogers-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Sam Rogers-Bennett » 26 Jun 2017, 20:35

Wow those changes are just as bad. They should just scrap the streaming from the chart and create a separate weekly streaming chart. It's ridiculous that you can stream songs for free to make them chart
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 26 Jun 2017, 20:55

Andreas wrote:

Same could be said by more or less any given song by any of the girls (give or take a few exceptions).

I mean Not such an innocent girl? Here it comes again? Today? Lift Me Up ? This Groove? If that were me? Take my breath away? We're not gonna sleep tonight? [insert 8 songs from Forever album here]?

I mean, come on! It's a Spice girls and solo forum! :laugh:

Leave Lift Me Up alone. It´s AMAZING! :p
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 26 Jun 2017, 20:58

Been keeping my eye on the UK iTunes since The One Show performance and she jumped from #166 to #107

Hope she jumps back into the top 100.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 26 Jun 2017, 21:21

Samuel-Bennett wrote:Wow those changes are just as bad. They should just scrap the streaming from the chart and create a separate weekly streaming chart. It's ridiculous that you can stream songs for free to make them chart

I agree, the charts are so messy nowadays :(

Angels in Chains up to #101 on iTunes now, hopefully it can climb into the Top 100
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 26 Jun 2017, 21:23

COuld be nice to do a radio toru as Mel did for ANymore, so they will play the song and help people listen to it.
Solo Spice biggest problem is the lack of radio plays in my opinion
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/

Return to “Geri Halliwell”