Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 14077
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 16:08
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Alpha Male.
Country: Norway
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby Andreas » 21 Jun 2017, 15:55

daredavid wrote:The song is clearly becoming one of the most successful tracks in Spice history :Angel:

And the reason behind this troll-comment is?
Image
daredavid
Posts: 254
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 16:19
Gender: Male

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby daredavid » 21 Jun 2017, 16:12

No shade at all, it's just an undeniable reality.

She has good intentions, even though it might seem like she's trying to revive an interest in her career by exploiting George Michael's legacy and the relationship they shared, but the song and the production is atrocious, and sadly, the fact that it's a charity single means that it should receive more support towards that cause that she's trying to bring awareness to, and at this rate, the amount she's going to be giving away based on her sales is less than 30 pounds, which is just embarrassing for an artist of her stature and level
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26873
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby Javi » 21 Jun 2017, 16:16

daredavid wrote:and at this rate, the amount she's going to be giving away based on her sales is less than 30 pounds, which is just embarrassing for an artist of her stature and level

By selling more than 1,000 downloads, she earns way more than 30 pounds.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
daredavid
Posts: 254
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 16:19
Gender: Male

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby daredavid » 21 Jun 2017, 16:40

Javi wrote:
daredavid wrote:and at this rate, the amount she's going to be giving away based on her sales is less than 30 pounds, which is just embarrassing for an artist of her stature and level

By selling more than 1,000 downloads, she earns way more than 30 pounds.


As far as I know artists only get a very small percentage of each digital sale so it's not like she gets to keep and donate the full amount
User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 14077
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 16:08
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Alpha Male.
Country: Norway
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby Andreas » 21 Jun 2017, 17:53

daredavid wrote:No shade at all, it's just an undeniable reality.

She has good intentions, even though it might seem like she's trying to revive an interest in her career by exploiting George Michael's legacy and the relationship they shared, but the song and the production is atrocious, and sadly, the fact that it's a charity single means that it should receive more support towards that cause that she's trying to bring awareness to, and at this rate, the amount she's going to be giving away based on her sales is less than 30 pounds, which is just embarrassing for an artist of her stature and level

So go through the reason why you decided to say "The song is clearly becoming one of the most successful tracks in Spice history" when you know perfectly well it was never going to be that way in the first place, if it's "No shade at all"?
Image
daredavid
Posts: 254
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 16:19
Gender: Male

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby daredavid » 21 Jun 2017, 18:26

Andreas wrote:
daredavid wrote:So go through the reason why you decided to say "The song is clearly becoming one of the most successful tracks in Spice history" when you know perfectly well it was never going to be that way in the first place, if it's "No shade at all"?


Because it's impossible to tell which one of them flops harder as a solo artist. It's an undeniable reality and something you can't ignore just because you like them and follow them blindly. The sad thing about it in this particular case is that the single was supposed to bring a significant contribution to a non-profit organization and not just 30 to 50 pounds which is just devastating
User avatar
TXSpice99
Posts: 1112
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 00:42
Location: TX, USA

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby TXSpice99 » 21 Jun 2017, 18:33

daredavid wrote:No shade at all, it's just an undeniable reality.

She has good intentions, even though it might seem like she's trying to revive an interest in her career by exploiting George Michael's legacy and the relationship they shared, but the song and the production is atrocious, and sadly, the fact that it's a charity single means that it should receive more support towards that cause that she's trying to bring awareness to, and at this rate, the amount she's going to be giving away based on her sales is less than 30 pounds, which is just embarrassing for an artist of her stature and level


"All you need is positivity.." -- oh wait -- some people are built to shit on any sort of success. She isn't exploiting anything, aside from sharing her feelings via talent for the world. What have you contributed to the world lately? oh wait again -- Aside from contributing negative comments painted over with "no shade" comments. Please. :despise: maybe if you quit looking down your troll nose you would see the good for what it is. go out and donate then if you're SO concerned that 'it was supposed to be for good, but it's an embarrassment' -- pfft, gtfo with that pathetic excuse to hate. #cynicalfanssuck #howboutaglasshalffull

ps. and don't bother coming for me, i only come on here every so often so i prob won't even notice. toodles! :nono: :wave:
Image
daredavid
Posts: 254
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 16:19
Gender: Male

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby daredavid » 21 Jun 2017, 18:36

TXSpice99 wrote:"All you need is positivity.." -- oh wait -- some people are built to shit on any sort of success. #cynicalfanssuck


Success? That's precisely the issue. The lack there-of.
And I may be cynical but I'm not a fan :)
User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 14077
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 16:08
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Alpha Male.
Country: Norway
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby Andreas » 21 Jun 2017, 18:45

daredavid wrote:
Andreas wrote:
daredavid wrote:So go through the reason why you decided to say "The song is clearly becoming one of the most successful tracks in Spice history" when you know perfectly well it was never going to be that way in the first place, if it's "No shade at all"?


Because it's impossible to tell which one of them flops harder as a solo artist. It's an undeniable reality and something you can't ignore just because you like them and follow them blindly. The sad thing about it in this particular case is that the single was supposed to bring a significant contribution to a non-profit organization and not just 30 to 50 pounds which is just devastating

Who said it HAS to bring a significant contribution through sales? As far as I can see, donating a song in its entirety IS in itself a significant contribution! And it's not as if whatever is contributed is time limited. The song and all its profit ever is donated to the charity. Which means that whatever it ends up making is donated to charity. The figure is bound to end up much higher than "30-50 quid".

This is not 1997. The Spice Girls as a group or as solo artist aren't chart topping any more. Not even Headlines did that well, and it was their first single as a 5-piece band in 9 years! And may I remind you, that was also a charity single.

But, as you clearly state yourself, you're not a fan. So why don't you take your trolly and spin out of here if you have nothing better to do.
Image
daredavid
Posts: 254
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 16:19
Gender: Male

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby daredavid » 21 Jun 2017, 19:03

Andreas wrote:But, as you clearly state yourself, you're not a fan. So why don't you take your trolly and spin out of here if you have nothing better to do.


Does that mean only fans of any particular subject are allowed to express a perfectly valid and objective opinion about it? Not at all
User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 14077
Joined: 18 Jul 2004, 16:08
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Alpha Male.
Country: Norway
Location: Outside the Box

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby Andreas » 21 Jun 2017, 19:04

daredavid wrote:
Andreas wrote:But, as you clearly state yourself, you're not a fan. So why don't you take your trolly and spin out of here if you have nothing better to do.


Does that mean only fans of any particular subject are allowed to express a perfectly valid and objective opinion about it? Not at all

Then make all of it perfectly valid, cause 90% of what you have expressed so far has been nothing but passive-agressive trolling.
Image
daredavid
Posts: 254
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 16:19
Gender: Male

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby daredavid » 21 Jun 2017, 19:17

Andreas wrote:
daredavid wrote:
Andreas wrote:But, as you clearly state yourself, you're not a fan. So why don't you take your trolly and spin out of here if you have nothing better to do.


Does that mean only fans of any particular subject are allowed to express a perfectly valid and objective opinion about it? Not at all

Then make all of it perfectly valid, cause 90% of what you have expressed so far has been nothing but passive-agressive trolling.


Not at all, they are all talented in their own way (except Victoria, but that's another subject) but they haven't been successful as singers or performers since the late 90s and early 00's and no matter how biased your view is their success only exists in your mind.

As I said, most of them are nice and everything but it is true that you just can't expect them to remain competent in today's market when they are nothing but a nostalgia act that remains in the past now
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26873
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby Javi » 21 Jun 2017, 22:08

daredavid wrote:
Javi wrote:
daredavid wrote:and at this rate, the amount she's going to be giving away based on her sales is less than 30 pounds, which is just embarrassing for an artist of her stature and level

By selling more than 1,000 downloads, she earns way more than 30 pounds.


As far as I know artists only get a very small percentage of each digital sale so it's not like she gets to keep and donate the full amount

Do you really believe the label is going like "hey, this is a charity single but we're still keeping our 50% of the benefits"? This is not Geri wanting to donate her royalties of a released song to X cause, it's a charity song backed up by the label. They obviously agree to it and won't keep their part.

As if Warner needed that extra 500 pounds anyway.

Unless Geri is Warner's own charity act of the year, it's obvious the label is backing her up for this release because they want her "out there" and pave the way for some proper release later in the year and are supporting this without demanding their benefits. Otherwise, they wouldn't have left her release that song as her come-back and wouldn't have allowed such a video, etc. For Geri, this is an homage to her friend, for the label, this is just a buzz release and they will earn money once Geri's proper music is released later on. Like I said, of course, unless they signed Geri to the lamest cheaper team on the label and re doing this just because.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
geriboi01
Posts: 156
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 03:54
Gender: Male
Country: United_States
Location: Orange county, CA
Contact:

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby geriboi01 » 21 Jun 2017, 22:22

This is a totally random notice on US iTunes but each time I look for Angels in Chains on iTunes I've noticed how her song G.A.Y. keeps going up! It's now her #2 most downloaded track which is totally random!
ilovepollo
Posts: 203
Joined: 08 Jun 2011, 12:04
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): Josesainz19, Josealcazar87
Country: Spain
Contact:

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby ilovepollo » 21 Jun 2017, 22:36

daredavid wrote:The song is clearly becoming one of the most successful tracks in Spice history :Angel:


Really? I don't think so...
And reading this forum I can see people buying the song three or four times. That's not success.
Success is when 10000 people buy a song, and not when a person buy 10000 times the same song.

I have heard the song and watched the video. I liked Geri in the past, even I loved "Half of me", but this song (And "Man on the Mountain"...) :puke:
Peter
Posts: 2803
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby Peter » 22 Jun 2017, 01:55

daredavid wrote:
Andreas wrote:But, as you clearly state yourself, you're not a fan. So why don't you take your trolly and spin out of here if you have nothing better to do.


Does that mean only fans of any particular subject are allowed to express a perfectly valid and objective opinion about it? Not at all


DD is a biggest Spice fans community online so you're being on here for over 11 years and NOT being a fan makes you a bloody ignorant. Wth are you doing on here?
If you don't like Spice Girls/Geri, why are you even on here and spit your hates around? Don't you have better things to do/say about people you may actually LIKE for a change? I'll never understand people who bother to argue with others over something which doesn't even interest them. They're plain idiots I guess. And nothing else to add here.
Amaranthine18
Posts: 906
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 14:25
Gender: Male

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby Amaranthine18 » 22 Jun 2017, 05:06

Just ignore the trolls guys. Let;s just be happy we heard new music from Geri.
Image
User avatar
Fulvio84
Posts: 2982
Joined: 13 May 2007, 12:00
Gender: Male
Country: Italy
Contact:

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby Fulvio84 » 22 Jun 2017, 11:40

finally I bought it , I like it a lot, such a sweet song
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
Image
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
Halli
Posts: 400
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby Halli » 22 Jun 2017, 15:04

#51 on iTunes now :(
I was thinking the video might give it a boost but it doesn't seem to be getting shared much and only 16k view on Youtube

Hopefully One Show performance on Monday can give it a boost,
my twitter: jamesyaaron85
PoshInMaine
Posts: 1705
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 02:45
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs
Country: United_States
Location: Maine, USA

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby PoshInMaine » 23 Jun 2017, 18:37

Have we got any sort of official chart position yet?
User avatar
NobodyKnowsMe78
Posts: 618
Joined: 15 Sep 2004, 23:16
Gender: Male
Country: United_States
Location: Tampa, Florida USA
Contact:

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby NobodyKnowsMe78 » 23 Jun 2017, 18:45

Image
Rub_rb
Posts: 471
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 11:54
Gender: Male
Location: Spain

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby Rub_rb » 23 Jun 2017, 18:59

UK OCC Downloads Chart
#63 Angels in Chains

UK OCC Sales Chart
#65 Angels in Chains

Scotland
#71 Angels in Chains
User avatar
schizophonic_spice
Posts: 32631
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Location: Scotland, UK

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby schizophonic_spice » 23 Jun 2017, 19:46

I don't really care about the chart position. It made #21 on itunes which was her big achievement as did anyone expect that? Doubtful.

The days of her having a chart hit on the official charts are over. Steps could only scrape the top 40 with a fantastic number 1 worthy track like Scared of the Dark and look at All Saints.

It's all about how the album does for this era of artists now and while I don't think she'd sell a huge load of that either I think she could score another top 40 album like Melanie C for sure.

We should grateful for new music not worrying about the charts. Geri had her big solo era and those 4 consecutive number 1s will be her long standing achievement as a solo artist.
Image
PoshInMaine
Posts: 1705
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 02:45
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs
Country: United_States
Location: Maine, USA

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby PoshInMaine » 23 Jun 2017, 19:48

schizophonic_spice wrote:I don't really care about the chart position. It made #21 on itunes which was her big achievement as did anyone expect that? Doubtful.

The days of her having a chart hit on the official charts are over. Steps could only scrape the top 40 with a fantastic number 1 worthy track like Scared of the Dark and look at All Saints.

It's all about how the album does for this era of artists now and while I don't think she'd sell a huge load of that either I think she could score another top 40 album like Melanie C for sure.

We should grateful for new music not worrying about the charts. Geri had her big solo era and those 4 consecutive number 1s will be her long standing achievement as a solo artist.


I 100% agree.
User avatar
*Babyboy*
Posts: 2708
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): babymen
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Haywards Heath
Contact:

Re: Chart Updates Topic - iTunes, Spotify etc.

Postby *Babyboy* » 23 Jun 2017, 20:05

Angels In Chains

#63 UK Downloads
#65 UK Sales

#71 Scotland

Return to “Geri Halliwell”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests