G-A-Y Gig on June 24th

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
DannyDirnt

Re: G-A-Y Gig on June 24th

Postby DannyDirnt » 25 Jun 2017, 12:41

Bubble_Butt wrote:Ugh. Awful vocals. That's not singing, it's shouting!

Her voice is never 100% when singing LIVE, but she has given much better performances in the past.

This was just offensive.

When? She always did playback.
Adolfo

Postby Adolfo » 25 Jun 2017, 13:19

I think i'll just give up. She forgot the lyrics with a 4-songs show, she didn't sound well, in the stage we could see a serious lack of confidence that made her look like a begginer... I do not wanna sound like a hater but I was really frustrated: one of my favourite popstars has become a different person with less talent and more boring :(
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 25 Jun 2017, 13:27

DannyDirnt wrote:

Her voice is never 100% when singing LIVE, but she has given much better performances in the past.

This was just offensive.

To be fair, she hasn't done a mimed performance since she "came back" to music in 2012.

-Olympics
-Breast Cancer Care Show
-NRL Footy Show
-Australia's Got Talent
-Beresford Sundays gig in Sydney
-G-A-Y

All live. So there are indeed other live performances in the recent past to compare. Although I wouldn't agree with them being "much better". :angel:
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
mIGU

Postby mIGU » 25 Jun 2017, 13:33

What in Gods name happened to her that she COMPLETELY lost her star quality and stage presence? She has no excuse for looking and sounding this stiff on stage
mIGU

Postby mIGU » 25 Jun 2017, 13:39

It hurts me to say this cause THIS WOMAN has always been mt hero. But I really cant stand or support this current Geri.
She basically became everything I hate. Boring, stiff, lazy and predictable.

The sass is gone so is her personality when it comes to the stage. At this point I just really dont want her to carry on this mess. Lets keep it where it stopped cause this is clearly no longer her thing

EDIT:
You know what? Watched it again and again
I just cant hate this woman, even she messes up.
who am i fooling? I just cant her. Id probably kill to see her personally doing this
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 25 Jun 2017, 14:47

mIGU wrote:
Narrator wrote:I'm still hoping for "Bag It Up" tbh. Pepsi and Shirley do the backing vocals on that song, and they're going to be there to sing "Angels in Chains" with her! It would be such a wasted opportunity not to do it completely live for the first time ever!
I also really want to hear "Mi Chico Latino" again.

You can give up now
Someone asked her on instagram live yesterday if she will ever do bag it up again and she said

"Never say never but now I am more introspective and dont want to be the hotpants girl anymore"

Shes an annoying mess these days

...then she shows up and sings Look At Me & IRM.
Bubble_Butt
Previous username(s): Irish_Eyes
Custom Title: OxyMORON

Postby Bubble_Butt » 25 Jun 2017, 14:50

DannyDirnt wrote:

This was just offensive.

Not in recent years she hasn't.
TFR028

Postby TFR028 » 25 Jun 2017, 15:11

Wow. After reading some of these posts I was expecting to see a disaster. But you guys seriously need to relax!

I thought she did a really great job and was proud to see her get back on stage. Of course, she needs to develop more confidence, but she has only performed live and on her own on very few occasions. Perhaps supporting her, instead of tearing her apart, after her return to the stage after who knows how long, would help her build up that confidence and help her let her full self shine.

And I don´t know what you guys were expecting in terms of vocals and her show. She is not and has never tried to be Celine Dion or Beyonce. Her vocals were good, she did justice to all the songs, and she was adorable. Seeing her smiling in front of all her fans was really cute. I seriously hope she does not read some of these nasty comments and keeps going with her music and keeps performing.
JubileeRoad
Custom Title: SUPERfan

Postby JubileeRoad » 25 Jun 2017, 15:18

I love Geri, but she sounded really bad. Those of you that were there were probably buzzing from excitement and a few drinks. I would've been too, but watching that back it wasn't good. On record Geri sounds nice but she doesn't have the chops to sing live. I wish she would realize this and give us what we want a live show with lots of sass and playback.
Bubble_Butt

Postby Bubble_Butt » 25 Jun 2017, 16:20

TFR028 wrote:Wow. After reading some of these posts I was expecting to see a disaster. But you guys seriously need to relax!

I thought she did a really great job and was proud to see her get back on stage. Of course, she needs to develop more confidence, but she has only performed live and on her own on very few occasions. Perhaps supporting her, instead of tearing her apart, after her return to the stage after who knows how long, would help her build up that confidence and help her let her full self shine.

And I don´t know what you guys were expecting in terms of vocals and her show. She is not and has never tried to be Celine Dion or Beyonce. Her vocals were good, she did justice to all the songs, and she was adorable. Seeing her smiling in front of all her fans was really cute. I seriously hope she does not read some of these nasty comments and keeps going with her music and keeps performing.

I'd say the fact that people are still here posting about her on this forum after 12 years of no music shows the majority have supported her and want the best for her.
the boy is a vamp
Custom Title: Melanicious

Postby the boy is a vamp » 25 Jun 2017, 16:29

Ok, let's talk seriously, Geri NEVER was the best singer, and she used to sing almost always playback till 2012 (in her solo career), so yes, she is a singer but she's didn't really sing live in her past. So the fact that she sing live now it's just a positive thing. I hear some improvement, from this little youtube videos, so I understand that who was there last night keep on saying that she sing better than before.
but I also noticed that in 2012 (breast cancer show) she sang better than last night, waaaaay better.
plus the most strange thing is her lack of confidence on stage, since in 2012 she wasn't very differnt from the old Geri, and she didn't performe since 2005.
so, ok she was nervous, ok her voice is better than pre-2012, but it was all very karaoke style,like she was there for joke not for her work.
I understand the emotional thing, but she was like a robot, and surely something is missing in her today, she's missing her sparks, her unique quality to be funny,sexy and enjoyable (but I LOVE her new look!).
if she's happy, i'm happy, if she release new music i'm happy (even if it's not my cup of tea like MOTM e Angels in Chains), but this was maybe the worst spice-releated performance (yes, FOR ME Victoria made better perfomance in her little career).
YourMistake

Postby YourMistake » 25 Jun 2017, 17:08

Kevsie wrote:I was there last night and these videos don't even do her justice. Her voice was on top form, she seemed nervous and I wish she had given it a bit more sass, but as soon as she saw how much the crowd were loving her, you could see it in her eyes how happy she was. Maybe it's just the confidence boost she needed

It was packed, we were even told at one point as people had been queuing all day, they might be making it a members only night and we wouldn't get in, everyone was stressed, but luckily it turned out well for us all, the place was packed, her reaction was insane, and a apart from a few wrong words in look at me, she was sensational

Yeah, sometimes it's hard to judge based on a cell phone recording, mainly if you're close to a speaker. Those individual recordings had better sounding and Angels In Chains for example was miles better. She does need confidence but what to expect, she has been away for a while and nerves played a game with her. Also, don't forget she's been evolving from time to time!
Do you believe in life after love?
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 25 Jun 2017, 17:40

Probably she was just nervous, it's not like in 2012. Back then she had nothing to prove, right now she's getting everything done in order to release a full album. And, of course, she's been reading us. For the moment, she has all my support and I'm looking forward to seeing her do a full setlist eith other song we haven't heard since forever (no pun intended).
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 25 Jun 2017, 17:59

I thought she was ok not amazing not terrible. I do agree that she sounds better without the high notes but at least she attempts them.

I really hope she does Angels and Chains well on The One Show as that's the performance that will get most judged.
kamel

Postby kamel » 25 Jun 2017, 18:36

Sorry Geri, it was horrible, she cant move she was lost and scared i think ,i hope she will mime tomorrow, she needs to mime, it will get a lot of negative response on twitter and media if she will sing live
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 25 Jun 2017, 18:46

at the breast cancer care conceert she was better, but yesterday sh was better than the Australian one.
she has still a lot to improve but is easy to understand she is so nervous to back on track for real and in all her solo carrer she really sung live just few times... I hope she will not lost enthusiasm and go on this way, in order to release an album and maybe do a small tour.
for sure she need to be more confident as she was and remember the words of her songs
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 25 Jun 2017, 18:53

Kevsie wrote:I was there last night and these videos don't even do her justice. Her voice was on top form, she seemed nervous and I wish she had given it a bit more sass, but as soon as she saw how much the crowd were loving her, you could see it in her eyes how happy she was. Maybe it's just the confidence boost she needed

It was packed, we were even told at one point as people had been queuing all day, they might be making it a members only night and we wouldn't get in, everyone was stressed, but luckily it turned out well for us all, the place was packed, her reaction was insane, and a apart from a few wrong words in look at me, she was sensational

That's what I'm thinking as well. She came off more nervous than anything. Forgetting the lyrics was definitely a sign of nervousness and not actually forgetting them. She seemed taken aback just as she entered the stage and looked at the audience.

From the clip she sounded really good singing Angels in Chains, much better than I expected her to tbh. She seemed like she was really enjoying herself despite being nervous.

People who say they're disappointed in the way she sounds... What did you expect? A Celine Dion concert? Then it's your own fault for getting your expectations high.

And also, complaining about Geri changing? We all change, you change! None of us are the same person we were 12 years ago, let alone 1 year ago! And she is no exception. Denying her the possibility to grow and change is just.... Terrible.

I found her charmingly whimsical and clumsy, as she always was. And that's what I like about her.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 25 Jun 2017, 18:59

kamel wrote:Sorry Geri, it was horrible, she cant move she was lost and scared i think ,i hope she will mime tomorrow, she needs to mime, it will get a lot of negative response on twitter and media if she will sing live

It's 2017, she'd get way more bad press by miming than by doing a mediocre live performance.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
YourMistake

Postby YourMistake » 25 Jun 2017, 19:17

TFR028 wrote:Wow. After reading some of these posts I was expecting to see a disaster. But you guys seriously need to relax!

*signed*
Do you believe in life after love?
Bubble_Butt

Postby Bubble_Butt » 25 Jun 2017, 19:56

Andreas wrote:

That's what I'm thinking as well. She came off more nervous than anything. Forgetting the lyrics was definitely a sign of nervousness and not actually forgetting them. She seemed taken aback just as she entered the stage and looked at the audience.

From the clip she sounded really good singing Angels in Chains, much better than I expected her to tbh. She seemed like she was really enjoying herself despite being nervous.

People who say they're disappointed in the way she sounds... What did you expect? A Celine Dion concert? Then it's your own fault for getting your expectations high.

And also, complaining about Geri changing? We all change, you change! None of us are the same person we were 12 years ago, let alone 1 year ago! And she is no exception. Denying her the possibility to grow and change is just.... Terrible.

I found her charmingly whimsical and clumsy, as she always was. And that's what I like about her.

This excuse is becoming a bit tiresome. Nobody is saying or has ever said we expect Celine Dion-esque vocals. What we're saying is that, even by Geri's own standards, the performance was bad. There was no life in it. The best parts were her interactions with the crowd. Thats where she excels usually actually, when just speaking to people and having a laugh.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 25 Jun 2017, 20:05

Throwback to Party In The Park 2001. She sang parts of Mi Chico Latino live (as Mi Chica Latina). MUCH worse than she did last night.

Granted she probably would've sounded better if she was standing still, using a mic rack, but still. I don't see anything wrong with her singing apart from nervously missing some notes and forgetting the lyrics. But she was indeed very good on Angels in Chains.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 25 Jun 2017, 20:39

She did sound pretty bad throughout, tbh. The thing is, people can forgive shaky vocal performances when the performer makes up for it with stage presence. And I'm not talking about choreography and dancers. I know she doesn't want to do that anymore and I totally understand and respect her evolution.
But she needs to get her groove back and just own the stage... She used to have no problems with that in the past, I wonder why she's so insecure now. The "deer in the headlights" act she presented yesterday and in the Australia gig is painful for me to watch as a fan - she just looks so scared and uncomfortable... I don't want her to change the concept of her performances, just wish she was able to relax and be herself instead of looking so self-conscious and stiff. She's a fun and light-hearted person, she just has to let that show
Fredgo

Postby Fredgo » 25 Jun 2017, 21:08

+1

I think she sounds good and better that she sounded in the past. She improved a lot.

Regarding the show, she needs to be more confident. She had Monty months ago + a lot of time without performing + singing live...give her a break. She will be more confident in the upcoming performances.
Kareem

Postby Kareem » 25 Jun 2017, 22:38

Whatever happened to this Geri. It's raining men was a disaster . Look at me was even worse . If she enjoys singing ballads so much someone needs to tell her she is no Adele and that's not what she is famous for.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 25 Jun 2017, 23:12

Kareem wrote:

Whatever happened to this Geri. It's raining men was a disaster . Look at me was even worse . If she enjoys singing ballads so much someone needs to tell her she is no Adele and that's not what she is famous for.

Uhm, maybe because she's 16 years older now? Back then she was 1 year short of 30, now she's 5 years short of 50? :dizzy:

Already in 1998 she was very clear that she never wanted to be like Madonna or Cher when she got older.

Return to “Geri Halliwell”