G-A-Y Gig on June 24th

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
Peter

Re: G-A-Y Gig on June 24th

Postby Peter » 26 Jun 2017, 13:18

Samuel-Bennett wrote:I was there last night and it sounded amazing! Me and Craig met Geri today and she said she wasn't happy with it and didn't think it was very good. She said it was too loud and she couldn't hear herself and thought she was very pitchy. She was completely honest about how she felt. Her smile beamed when we said how good she was but you could see she was really disappointed in herself and the whole thing. She was lovely though and wrote us a personal congrats message for our wedding which she picked out the wedding dress postcard from the Look At Me CD to write it on. I thought that was a real nice and genuine Geri thing to do

That's so sweet of her! This is Geri we love, she shouldn't be worries cos as long as she's herself - that vulnerable girl who's got a dream to fulfill we'll be always there for her! Obviously it was first gig she's done in many years, you could see she's fighting with her earpiece and shows signs to someone on her right that it's ok and to continue. Show must go on. She could stop and say I can't hear myself, can I try again or give up on the whole thing, but her girl power made her finish whole thing! I'm happy and proud of her, hopefully it's just start for bigger things to come as we missed her and love her and want more! Please guys, don't tear the Girl apart, she's doing it for us, let's show her we love her!
Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Jun 2017, 13:27

Kareem wrote:

Whatever happened to this Geri. It's raining men was a disaster . Look at me was even worse . If she enjoys singing ballads so much someone needs to tell her she is no Adele and that's not what she is famous for.

Oh wow, thanks for bringing back this video as I've never seen it before and absolutely love it now!

You can tell it was full playback ofc but she mined it perfectly, not missing one word and she was so joyful and happy and her dance routines were on point, too! I don't think I've ever seen Geri - group or solo smashing dance moves so perfectly like in here! It has to be one of her best performances ever!

Someone mentioned she's known of doing great shows with legs and banana. I know Brits legs but how about that banana? Was it from 2004 GAY or what? Can someone help with that please? When googled Geri banana nothing came up;)
Filip

Postby Filip » 26 Jun 2017, 13:39

^ The banana thing was at her Tickled Pink charity concert:
Filip

Postby Filip » 26 Jun 2017, 13:48

As for the show at G-A-Y, she obviously didn't sound good and was very pitchy, but you can clearly see she had issues with her ear piece and couldn't hear anything, she was signaling to the sound guy turn up the volume the whole time. We all know she sounds much better live these days. The sound is always better live when you are at the venue, the recordings capture every single wrong note, and that's why the people who attended the gig thought she sounded great. Nice of her for being honest about it. I just wish she incorporated some choreography to the performance, she looked awkward at times just standing there in some weird poses... Looking forward to some TV performances of AIC.
Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Jun 2017, 13:51

faster84 wrote:She was very nervous at the very beginning with look at me (you can hear it was not very good) but she got warmed up with our love, she relaxed and she gave me goosebumps with Freedom. She was so so so sweet and genuine and I appreciated the courage she had to come back and share this song with us.

Those are my videos, enjoy

Amazing videos, you had one of the best places I guess as were just in the middle of the stage and 2nd or 3rd row actually as you can only sometimes see popping up hands with phones in front of you:) it's not recorded too loud which was a case with couple of previous videos I guess and I loved the shot of audience eith confetti! Thanks for sharing!
Kareem

Postby Kareem » 26 Jun 2017, 14:12

AmAdEus.lb wrote:Lol at Geri trying to be 'Credible Spice'. In fact we already have one called Melanie C. It is boring as fuck.
Please take away the microphone from her and put her in some sexy outfit and make her record a big dramatic bop a la Look At Me.
Geri we fell in love with you because of you were Showgirl number 1 and because of your catchy melodies, persona and sass. Bring it all back girl.
I am sure the entire world would support her if she comes back with a sassyy new image, a catchy mature , orchestra filled tune and some of that spice she injected in the past.

100% babe! As much as I was happy to see her for the first time I feel disappointed i probably witnessed her worst performance in front of me :hmm:
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 26 Jun 2017, 15:43

I understand what people are saying... it was actually great to hear her husky deep voice when she sang Look At Me. I"m sure she was very, very nervous which is why she forgot the words to LAM. I can tell that as the songs went on, she got more comfortable and really gave IRM a lot more vocal energy.

She just stood there though shifting foot to foot. Her stage presence was completely non-existent. She looked gorgeous though! Those pants were sexy as hell!

Good bits, bad bits... she's been off the radar for 10 years, guys.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 26 Jun 2017, 15:58

Re: Look at Me, for what it's worth I enjoyed hearing her deeper vocals again, agreed! Performance-wise it was a little awkward, but if she was nervous and thrown off by struggling to hear the music, it's understandable. Plus, taking into account it was her first time performing in a long while.

Geri seemed more comfortable with Angels in Chains, which was a very heartfelt & touching performance, and it looks like she was having fun singing Freedom, she was getting into it more. (I haven't watched It's Raining Men yet).

Thanks to those of you who shared your videos! :D

I just think it's great that she's back and I hope her confidence will grow when it comes to releasing more music (hopefully this happens).
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 26 Jun 2017, 17:05

She looked hot :love: but the performances needed more energy . Maybe next time ;)
PoshInMaine

Postby PoshInMaine » 26 Jun 2017, 18:02

I can't remember who said it, but didn't one of the other girls say that they felt Geri left during the world tour because she just couldn't keep up with the demands of it? It was one thing to be all personality and big hair... outlandish during interviews and one off performances ~ but once you get on tour, there isn't anything to hide behind. 2 hours a night up there exposed and signing and dancing live. There was nothing to hide behind.

I remember during TROTSG tour, a lot of fans said that Geri had "lost her stage presence". I"m wondering if she ever really had it when it came to actually performing.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 26 Jun 2017, 18:29

I think she did fine here:

All she needs is a proper dance routine.
Kareem

Postby Kareem » 26 Jun 2017, 19:07

DannyDirnt wrote:I think she did fine here:

Proof that she really did not make an effort for g-a-y.
PoshInMaine

Postby PoshInMaine » 26 Jun 2017, 19:44

DannyDirnt wrote:I think she did fine here:

Good point. She did IRM much better during this performance. A couple of back up dancers makes a big difference.
pinkdor

Postby pinkdor » 26 Jun 2017, 20:07

PoshInMaine wrote:I can't remember who said it, but didn't one of the other girls say that they felt Geri left during the world tour because she just couldn't keep up with the demands of it? It was one thing to be all personality and big hair... outlandish during interviews and one off performances ~ but once you get on tour, there isn't anything to hide behind. 2 hours a night up there exposed and signing and dancing live. There was nothing to hide behind.

I remember during TROTSG tour, a lot of fans said that Geri had "lost her stage presence". I"m wondering if she ever really had it when it came to actually performing.

Yes. She nailed it in Istanbul
Sam Rogers-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Sam Rogers-Bennett » 26 Jun 2017, 20:28

I think half of the problem is she doesn't want to be "hot pants girl" which is fine but she can still do dance routines or have dancers to put on a good show. Look At Me and It's Raining Men don't really work with just one person on stage not dancing or performing
faster84

Postby faster84 » 26 Jun 2017, 21:07

The Spice Girls wrote:
faster84 wrote:She was very nervous at the very beginning with look at me (you can hear it was not very good) but she got warmed up with our love, she relaxed and she gave me goosebumps with Freedom. She was so so so sweet and genuine and I appreciated the courage she had to come back and share this song with us.

Those are my videos, enjoy

Amazing videos, you had one of the best places I guess as were just in the middle of the stage and 2nd or 3rd row actually as you can only sometimes see popping up hands with phones in front of you:) it's not recorded too loud which was a case with couple of previous videos I guess and I loved the shot of audience eith confetti! Thanks for sharing!

yes i was on 3rd row, it was hard to keep my hands steady with the crowd. Pleasure to share this experience with you guys!
I loved it ❤️
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 26 Jun 2017, 21:09

I'm listening to the video from GAY. It's not her best performance, but I would not say it's a disaster. She sounded unconfortable during LAM, it got better with AIC. She does need to work out her stage presence a bit. As sme said, she was probably super nervous about performing again since it's been a while.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 27 Jun 2017, 02:32

So I've read all your comments and being a Geri fan, I won't really cover her up. I mean, I truly understand everyone's view, opinions and disappointments...

But yes, I try to see this positive... how?

I think she wasn't in her best "shape" that night. She forgot lyrics, looked uncomfortable, didn't wanna attempt to hit some high notes, etc. But I will always recognize all the work that she's putting into this.

Is it enough? No, not yet

I mean, let's not forget she hasn't sang live before by herself (I mean, during her prime). She literally said she was done performing a few years ago... she really lost her "Young bravado" as stated by herself in an interview. It's lke she settled for having a normal life and never worrying about being on stage again (unless it was a SG reunion). VB did the same and let's remember she nearly had a panic attack before the Olympics. So yeah it's understandable Geri felt so insecure.

Yes, she's been braver in the past
Yes, she's done great things and has been part of a movement (SG) but I guess you tend to be braver with support from others, and eventually, she carried that determination when she left but eventually faded away.

She's decided to take her music career seriously by taking classes and we've all seen that.

We've Heard her do "It's Raining Men" live at the Breast Cancer thing, jam with Ronnie from the Rolling Stones and she's sounded so good.

I think it's undeniable that she's improved A LOT! But if you don't have security it all goes to waste.

And sadly, Geri seems vulnerable now.

She needs to put her insecurities aside and enjoy the moment (cause she seems so concerned on singing that forgets to move).

And I probably imagine she can sing those songs by herself but doing it in front of so many it's where she fails (not attempting high notes during "Look At Me", "It's Raining Men" and sounded half-confident on "Angels in Chains" harder parts).

I agree she looked fragile... but even if it's too late in the game, I'm glad she's taking this seriously by trying to sing... not like Britney who used to sing live but with time, couldn't care less about doing it. Is it worth it? I have no idea.

But I guess, having had a great solo career I guess she truly is looking to do something different. I think that's brave

I have no idea if she'll ever get her confidence back but I'm willing to wait and hope (how long? Well, I'm a fan, I don't have a deadline in me. I just enjoy everything as it comes...)
MarcelWithLuv
Custom Title: Marcel With Luv

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 27 Jun 2017, 06:24

PeruvianSpice wrote:So I've read all your comments and being a Geri fan, I won't really cover her up. I mean, I truly understand everyone's view, opinions and disappointments...

But yes, I try to see this positive... how?

I think she wasn't in her best "shape" that night. She forgot lyrics, looked uncomfortable, didn't wanna attempt to hit some high notes, etc. But I will always recognize all the work that she's putting into this.

Is it enough? No, not yet

I mean, let's not forget she hasn't sang live before by herself (I mean, during her prime). She literally said she was done performing a few years ago... she really lost her "Young bravado" as stated by herself in an interview. It's lke she settled for having a normal life and never worrying about being on stage again (unless it was a SG reunion). VB did the same and let's remember she nearly had a panic attack before the Olympics. So yeah it's understandable Geri felt so insecure.

Yes, she's been braver in the past
Yes, she's done great things and has been part of a movement (SG) but I guess you tend to be braver with support from others, and eventually, she carried that determination when she left but eventually faded away.

She's decided to take her music career seriously by taking classes and we've all seen that.

We've Heard her do "It's Raining Men" live at the Breast Cancer thing, jam with Ronnie from the Rolling Stones and she's sounded so good.

I think it's undeniable that she's improved A LOT! But if you don't have security it all goes to waste.

And sadly, Geri seems vulnerable now.

She needs to put her insecurities aside and enjoy the moment (cause she seems so concerned on singing that forgets to move).

And I probably imagine she can sing those songs by herself but doing it in front of so many it's where she fails (not attempting high notes during "Look At Me", "It's Raining Men" and sounded half-confident on "Angels in Chains" harder parts).

I agree she looked fragile... but even if it's too late in the game, I'm glad she's taking this seriously by trying to sing... not like Britney who used to sing live but with time, couldn't care less about doing it. Is it worth it? I have no idea.

But I guess, having had a great solo career I guess she truly is looking to do something different. I think that's brave

I have no idea if she'll ever get her confidence back but I'm willing to wait and hope (how long? Well, I'm a fan, I don't have a deadline in me. I just enjoy everything as it comes...)

loved every word. I can only clap for it (claps claps)
Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 27 Jun 2017, 12:34

Not a Geri-fan, but just updating myself on things. Wow. She is SOO brave! I take of my hat for her and applaud this. If only Emma really went all the way out there and did something similiar now, just for charity..
Geri is still the most brave.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 27 Jun 2017, 13:42

I agree with PeruvianSpice's every word. I'm personally very proud of Geri for taking the decision of starting singing live after all this time, and I'd be disappointed if she gave up and resorted back to playback. For me, it's a good thing that she seems to be focusing more on quality than success. I'd rather see her put out some meaningful songs and sing them live for us than release a bunch of catchy and on-trend tunes she'll mime and dance to to get a couple #25s. Not saying some dancing wouldn't be a nice addition, though.
Spengler

Postby Spengler » 27 Jun 2017, 19:12

A WORD ON GERI'S RECENT PREFORMANCES...

Though clearly nervous at the beginning of her Heaven Super club concert, I thought Geri was great! She didn't rely on props, or gimmicks, but put on a great show with her charm and beautiful voice. She sang live and was genuine and sincere. She interacted with her fans. The rendition of Freedom was also stunning! She gave me goosebumps. Geri has an undeniable stage presence and is real and true. I thought she was amazing and Angels In Chains on the One show was spectacular!
RockmusicTim

Postby RockmusicTim » 27 Jun 2017, 20:48

i prefer old performances like These boots are made for walking and Perhaps. Just more fun..but of course glad to have Geri back on stage, especially if she performs Look At Me :music:
Adolfo

Postby Adolfo » 27 Jun 2017, 23:40

By the way I don't know if it has been already posted but her team hired a professional cameraman to shoot the concert, the queue and don't know what else. I had to say to the camera that I love Geri LOL
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 28 Jun 2017, 00:16

I actually will defend most of them if I can... even if in the past I have been harsh on some of them...

I think, at least me, I'd rather look at things positively

Return to “Geri Halliwell”